PDA

View Full Version : Xenophobic Space Marien Chapters?

Tourniquet
21-03-2010, 14:22
I know most imperials are Xenophobic, but some chapters more so then others.
I was wondering if any one knew of any non standard (1st Founding, Codex Released ect.) who are extremely Xenophobic?

many thanks

GitzBlasta
21-03-2010, 14:24
Black Templars are extremely everything-phobic.

Thommy H
21-03-2010, 14:25
Dark Angels traditionally won't even fight alongside abhumans (Squats, Ogryns, Ratlings, etc.). In 2nd Edition, they couldn't ally with any aliens (even 'good' ones like Eldar) and any Imperial Guard allies they took couldn't include Ogryns or Ratlings.

I believe the Forgeworld fluff for the Red Scorpions also gives them similar attitudes - probably to justify using the "We Stand Alone" trait in the 4th Edition Codex.

Tourniquet
21-03-2010, 14:35
Thanks guys :)
I was hoping for a non mainstream Chapter though.
It's for a bit of fluff i am writing as background and hoping to use a less known chapter

Chaos Undecided
21-03-2010, 16:28
The Red Scorpions are supposedly noted for their hatred of anything non human. Marines Malevolent or White Panthers are probably safe choicesas well being the sorts to kill first and question later.

Dr.Clock
21-03-2010, 16:31
Head to the Librarium??

http://www.bolterandchainsword.com/index.php?autocom=ineo&showarticle=75

under Beliefs... down the page.

When it comes to lesser-known chapters, you can basically make things up...

Cheers,

The Good Doctor.

Frep
21-03-2010, 16:40
I'm not sure but I'm pretty certain Iron Hands would be pretty xenophobic. They are hardliners of the first order after all.

susu.exp
21-03-2010, 17:52
And of course the Skythes of the Emperor arenīt big alien huggers either...

Kasr
22-03-2010, 21:02
sorry to say one of the main chapter but the crimson fists aren't on real friendly terms with the orks after the rynn's world incident

GrogDaTyrant
22-03-2010, 21:26
All of them? The Imperium in general can be Xenophobic, but IG are another story. There are numerous fluff related articles/stories of the IG being supplemented by Kroot or Ork mercenaries, or working in tangent with Eldar or Tau against a common enemy. Marines on the other hand, are about as Xenophobic as the Imperium gets. Some are more Xenophobic (I think Black Dragons are up there, as are previously mentioned Imperial Fist off-shoots). But I don't think there's a chapter that has ever worked with Xenos at all, except for excomunicate-traitor ones.

Firmlog
22-03-2010, 21:34
Ultra marines: had specifically anti-alien squads - Tyranid hunters.
Crimson Fist: Hate Orks, and I think TAU.
DA: anything not human though now a days seems like everyone, even the imperium.
SW: don't like orks or tyranids too much.
BT: everyone?
Raven Guard are comming out in forge world models with guard against some alien menace, I think orks.

I think the older edition of codex SM may have some chapters that specifically hated xenos but all the ones I'm thinking of hate Chaos: Minotaurs, Relictors etc....

Maybe Howling Griffons.

Col. Tartleton
22-03-2010, 21:34
Non Xenophobic? Blood Ravens... cough... excommunicate? Hopefully...

Otherwise it's go as you like. Marine=Alien Nerfhammer

Animatronica
22-03-2010, 22:23
Iron Lords - Grade A Xenophobes.

War Angel
22-03-2010, 22:44
But I don't think there's a chapter that has ever worked with Xenos at all, except for excomunicate-traitor ones.
In White Dwarf 342 US it says that the Ultramarines and Tau allied to fight the Necrons.
They were fighting the Tau until the battle awoke the Necrons. After allying. The Ultramarines
let the Tau evacuate the planet then use Exterminatus.

The event occurs in 963M.41 for the "cursed planet of Malbede."

Take that for what it is. A piece in White Dwarf. I don't know if it's canon or not.
I hope it is as it adds something interesting. Good or bad.

SandQueen
23-03-2010, 00:15
Well Crimson Fists REALLY hate orks
Scythes of the Emperor REALLY hate Tyranids
Ultramarines just dont like Tyranids
Blood Angels dont really like Orks
Black Templars probably dont like Eldar because of the heavy amount of psykers

Tourniquet
23-03-2010, 03:29
Cheers guys n Gals :)

IcedAnimals
23-03-2010, 06:32
There is no such thing as a xenophobic marine. That would require them to know the fear it takes to fear an alien. Xeno hating chapters on the other hand are a dime a dozen.

3 0f 6
23-03-2010, 09:03
There is no such thing as a xenophobic marine. That would require them to know the fear it takes to fear an alien. Xeno hating chapters on the other hand are a dime a dozen.

True, and DAs hating non humans is comedy, since space marines are not technically human, being super-human instead.

Besides Space Marines do as ordered.

Lanparth
23-03-2010, 09:09
Its even funnier that the DA hate non-humans, considering their primarch may even be a Daemon Prince ;)

Nurglitch_PS
23-03-2010, 09:10
The Angry Marines are quite xenophobic :)

Petay1985
23-03-2010, 10:17
Red Scorpions are definite Xenophobes, they refuse to fight alongside abhumans, ogryns and ratlings are a big no no for them, let alone other races!

GrimZAG
23-03-2010, 12:21
If by Xenophobic you mean trying to kill all the nasty aliens before they try to kill you, then that would be every space marine chapter.

If you're looking for specific Xenophobia, I can only suggest the obvious Daemonhunters.

Petay1985
23-03-2010, 12:25
...If you're looking for specific Xenophobia, I can only suggest the obvious Daemonhunters.

i would have gone with Alien Hunters, Ordo Xenos :p

GrimZAG
23-03-2010, 12:29
i would have gone with Alien Hunters, Ordo Xenos :p

Good call!

Godzooky
23-03-2010, 13:02
The Red Scorpions are supposedly noted for their hatred of anything non human. Marines Malevolent or White Panthers are probably safe choicesas well being the sorts to kill first and question later.

If the White Panthers are anything like the Black Panthers I can imagine them being a pretty militant and intolerant bunch.

Tourniquet
23-03-2010, 13:37
GW generally uses Xenophobic in the terms of they hate aliens more so then others
that's how i was using the word :p

shin'keiro
23-03-2010, 14:07
Xenophobic Space Marien Chapters?
That would be ALL of them!

sliganian
23-03-2010, 16:39
The Lamenters are not too fond of Tyranids... oh wait...

KingDeath
23-03-2010, 17:06
The Lamenters are not too fond of Tyranids... oh wait...

But the Tyranids are fond of the Lamenters... :D

sliganian
23-03-2010, 18:02
But the Tyranids are fond of the Lamenters... :D

Of course! The Lamenters are filled with lemony tasting goodness. Good for the Nid livers. :angel:

swordwind
23-03-2010, 18:09
To be Unclean; That is the Mark of the Xeno
To be Impure; That is the Mark of the Xeno
To be Abhorred; That is the Mark of the Xeno
To be Reviled; That is the Mark of the Xeno
To be Hunted; That is the Mark of the Xeno
To be Purged; That is the fate of the Xeno
To be Destroyed; For that is the fate of all Xenos

Falkman
23-03-2010, 19:33
Its even funnier that the DA hate non-humans, considering their primarch may even be a Daemon Prince ;)
Source for this?