PDA

View Full Version : Xenos Khorne Worshippers?

MarshallSam
22-03-2010, 00:01
I'm trying to justify a reason to include some aliens in my Khorne Apoc Army, (Currently it is Daemons, CSM (stricktly Kharn & Zerkers), and the PDF for Lost & the Damned). So I want to show that Chaos worship expands beyond human worshippers and want to include at least one Xenos squad in there.

My first thought was Eldar. Now before I get flamed back to hell, my thought was that an Aspect Shrine was searching for a way to fight against Slaneesh, and are influenced by Khorne (Slaneesh's Arch-Enemy). Now they don't think they are worshipping Khorne, just fighting against Slaneesh. Just don't know what shrine. I was thinking either Banshees or Scorpions, both being cc oriented.

What do you think? Can you think of a better reason or a different Xenos?

Bestaltan
22-03-2010, 00:06
Actually, the fluff's pretty clear that you can find Khorne worshippers (whether they realize it or not) in just about any race that takes pride in martial prowess.

magath
22-03-2010, 00:07
I like the eldar idea actually. Theres a bit in Leiber Chaotica which says that Khaine may well just be one aspect of Khorne, so theres that angle to go down. Failing that, does it have to be craft world Eldar? It could be an exodite cult that went underground after the fall and has been subverted to Khorne worship. Rather than the frothing fanatic approach, it could be they are a warrior fraternity ala the Bllod Pact.

I think, while Orks are the more obvious choice, Eldar are probably a lot cooler.

Joewrightgm
22-03-2010, 00:22
Actually, Orks hold that their's are the mightiest of the Gods, and though they can be corrupted just like any other race (See the back cover of the Demonhunters codex if you don't believe me!), they tend not to actively worship the Chaos Gods.

Though, I believe in Rogue Trader/2nd Edition, there was mention of Stormboyz of Khorne. They're red, so they go faster, and worship Khorne, so they'se the fastest and choppiest orks!

the_picto
22-03-2010, 00:23
Kroot. They seem like they could worship khorne. Unless they are one of the warp insensitive races.

Mannimarco
22-03-2010, 00:23
I really wanna say dark eldar, in a society where only the strong survive and the guy standing next to you is just waiting for you to look away so he can plaunge a knife between your shoulders because he knows your waiting to do the exact same to him. Where the main entertainment is dragging people off and putting them in the arena so they can be slaughtered.

I can really see khornate cult appealing to the DE

Gorbad Ironclaw
22-03-2010, 00:24
We know there are Chaos Eldars in the Eye of Terror, supposedly most of them are pretty powerful too (if they wasn't they would be dead).

Not really a fan of the whole Aspect Warrior idea because the aspect disciplines are already so ritualised and bound in traditions that sneaking in some Khorne worship would be difficult. Unless you want to go down the route of having all eldar worship Khorne through there martial paths.

Phelix
22-03-2010, 00:30
Orks have been known to follow Nurgle, and it wouldn't take much for them to follow Khorne (a god of blood, oh wow sign them up)

"Blood fer da blood gork! skulls fer da skull chair!"

I could also easily see both eldars or kroot.

Baaltharus
22-03-2010, 00:35
Just make up an alien species and take the stats from some existing beasty. An example might be loxatl aliegned to Khorne and you could use the stats for say Ravenors (though they wouldn't be anywhere near as powerful as a Ravenor in relation to their background, probably more like a hormagaunt with shotgun which also happens to be resistant to lasguns).:eyebrows:

Mannimarco
22-03-2010, 00:35
I cant see orks following khorne, the stormboyz of khorne were from a different era and a lot of the character of both the orks and the goods has been changed over the years

the orks know their own gods are more powerful, the nurgle orks were a cool picture but the reasoning behing their worship was a little......off?

yeah they worship him cos he's green and theyre green so they got confused or they found a pic of nurgle and thought "yep thats gork"

Alessander
22-03-2010, 00:47
chaos squats existed, and from Imperial Armour we know that chaos ogryns exist... now I want to see chaos ratlings... "blood for the blood god... and for the soup!"

TimLeeson
22-03-2010, 01:31
theres a whole khornate xeno race out there :

SCAEPHYLYDS - Scaephylyds have many limbs and an insectoid carapace. They have mandibles and many eyes. They are upright, with a human-like torso and can grow to great sizes as they age. Scaephylyds appear to be the indigenous inhabitants of Draakasi. When humans arrived on the planet the Scaephylyds either went into hiding or were enslaved. At some point the human champion of Khorne Duke Venalitor rallied the Xenos to his banner and introduced them to the worship of the Skull Throne. The Scaephylyds are now Venalitor's willing slaves and serve him in any way he sees fit. Little is told of Scaephylyd society. It is known that they were divided into clans and that they have little shame and are quite willing to beg and serve without complaint. Once they were introduced to the worship of Khorne they became perfectly willing to throw wave after wave of their own at the enemy for no other purpose than to please Khorne. There is no indication of any actual Scaephylyd technology or advanced weaponry. However, a bladed weapon is attached to the forearms which acts like a pair of shears.

Leftenant Gashrog
22-03-2010, 02:03
I cant see orks following khorne, the stormboyz of khorne were from a different era and a lot of the character of both the orks and the goods has been changed over the years

Quoted for Truth. It used to be that orks were a part of the 40k universe - if you put 40k fire on them they burnt, if you exposed them to 40k radiation they became irradiated, and if you exposed them to 40k warp/chaos (eg: they laid spores next to Angrons Monolith on Armageddon) they'd suffer contamination and corruption..

Now they are more akin to interdimensional travellers who are immune to such inconveniences which afflict the true 40k dwellers.

Finnith
22-03-2010, 02:09
You could pick from the lizardmen or beastmen range from fantasy and field them as count as orks rather than taking another 40k race and saying they worship khorne. Red saurus warriors for orks, temple guard for nobz, skinks for grots and cavalry for bikers. You would just need to grab some guns left over from your other armies and your set.

You can the go down the route of they were a chaos worshiping race that got missed by the crusade or were living near eldar territory then the eye of terror exploded and signed a pact with khorne to stop them all dying but have now been totally corrupted or that someone found a magic ring and they all went evil.

Joewrightgm
22-03-2010, 02:56
If you have access to Imperial Armor 6, you can just use the rules for Blood Gors which you can use Chaos Beastmen for, and the rules for mutant rabbles with ungor plastics.

LonelyPath
22-03-2010, 03:16
There have been rules and fluff for xenos races devoted to verious Chaos Gods in the past, the most infamous (?) among them are the Orks (Khornate Stormboyz and Genestealer Cults (possessed Patriarchs and the list having units of mutants and beastmen).

Ajamax5
22-03-2010, 03:21
Well khorne is the blood god, not the close-combat god necessarily, so how about warp spiders. I imagine that they'd spill the most blood, plus, jumping into the warp when you're all hopped on eldar adrenaline from dicing guardsman to death, khorne would probably throw some voices in their heads.

Repentant Son
22-03-2010, 03:33
Of course, you could just have some random race worship Khorne. The Laer worship(ed) Slaanesh, so making up your own race for interesting conversions shouldn't attract any flak.

MarshallSam
22-03-2010, 15:01
These are all fantastic ideas. I am already using beastmen to represent my Lost and the Damned. I do like the idea of Lizardmen as Orks, but these ideas are all great!! Thanks

jt.glass
22-03-2010, 15:14
I cant see orks following khorne, the stormboyz of khorne were from a different era and a lot of the character of both the orks and the gods has been changed over the yearsTrue, but there's no reason not to hark back to older fluff if it appeals!

Anyway, orks like to fight and kill: The reason they don't normally fall to Khorne is that they don't do it with any real malice, but rather a sense of fun. But I've heard it suggested that Gazakhull has actually bee teaching the orks to hate...

Genestealer Cults (possessed Patriarchs and the list having units of mutants and beastmen).I loved the idea of them. If they brought genestealer chaos cults back (or hell, just genestealer cults in general) I'd be starting my second army sooner than planned!

jt.

Charistoph
22-03-2010, 16:06
Anyway, orks like to fight and kill: The reason they don't normally fall to Khorne is that they don't do it with any real malice, but rather a sense of fun. But I've heard it suggested that Gazakhull has actually bee teaching the orks to hate...

Actually, for Orks, combat is part of their reproductive process. Calling Orks at war an orgy of destruction is a little too literal.

So, Orks at war are worshiping Khorne by being in battle, and Slaanesh because they are engaged in rampant reproduction.

What makes it even worse, is there is a woman at the LGS that has Pink Orks that use Pink Paint Jobs to go faster... Man, Slaanorks all the way.

LonelyPath
22-03-2010, 19:41
Hahaha, I love those Slaanorks, that's a great idea that woman has!

wyvirn
23-03-2010, 17:40
I seem to remember reading that genestealer cults often fell to chaos taint. As a huge fan of genestealers, that is what i would recommend. unless of course you went with slaanorks, where you painted them many bright colors and added tube things on thier heads from greenstuff.

The Custodian
23-03-2010, 17:49
I could see eldar worship of khaine turning into worship of khorne...

Just don't have slanesh worshipping eldar, that's Goto territory. ;)