PDA

View Full Version : will dark eldar be gettin a new look?

skeletal
22-03-2010, 01:32
Does anyone know if the dark elder will be getting a whole knew look or will they still be in there spikey armor,bondage gear and bad hair cuts?
i like the idea of them being abit more space pirate as they are ment to be raiders and corsairs.Was watching the new star trek film and thought hey they could look pritty cool like the new look romulans.more heavy set features and tattoos,trench coats with there armor below and maybe some new weapons or vechiles for there raids.
anyone have any information?

Lord Malorne
22-03-2010, 01:42
Rumours are next year.

Hoodwink
22-03-2010, 02:04
Aren't rumors leading the way of coming out this year?

There are many counts of saying that DE is the next codex. They already have Necrons slated for an intended Jan '11 release.

As for the look, I don't think anyone has seen even mock-ups for them yet. Don't know for certain but if it's like other codecies, they will get an upgrade in the look department. Especially since they are 10+ years old. Will they keep spikey bits? Probably, but I wouldn't be surprised if they come out more sleek.

Eldoriath
22-03-2010, 02:08
Rumours of next year have been around for six years though...

Tourniquet
22-03-2010, 02:16
Rumours of next year have been around for six years though...

This pretty much

shin'keiro
22-03-2010, 02:29
I dont think the new look (if there is one) will be far from their current look, perhaps some new units etc... but if the art work in the BGB is anything to go by.. their look will be pretty similar

Tekomandor
22-03-2010, 03:29
Yes. GW said why when asked when were the DE coming out

bryne3
22-03-2010, 03:41
GW will probably put penises on there heads coz thats what an ultrasmurf would do and Gw loves ultrasmurfs

Troah
22-03-2010, 03:49
This can be applied from 1999 to 2010.

*Writer 1* Mmmmm so I think we should take away this from that new unit we're making just so Dark Eldar are more balanced, what do you think?

*Writer 2* Sounds good, but if we're gonna do that wouldn't we want to make something else broken so we have atleast a few people crying about it on an online forum?

*Writer 1* Oooh good point!

*Writer 3* Hey I hear the Space Marine writers just came up with some new codex for another chapter.

*Writer 1 & 2* *GASP! Runs to Space Marine makers and tosses Dark Eldar Codex draft out the window*

10 hours later....

*Writer 1* Hey where did that draft go? Eh, aw well...let's go play with our new Space Marines and work on Dark Eldar next year!

Just a thought.....

Garanaul the Black
22-03-2010, 03:53
Current rumor is that the entire line has been redone, and from what the lucky few who have seen them are reporting, they're amazing.

Check here (http://www.warseer.com/forums/showthread.php?t=246627) for all of your rumor needs, having read through the 31 (and counting) pages, it seems like the window could be somewhere between September - January, but no one knows for sure.

G

bryne3
22-03-2010, 07:38
Troah, i like your thinking

Souleater
22-03-2010, 09:06
Current rumor is that the entire line has been redone, and from what the lucky few who have seen them are reporting, they're amazing.

Check here (http://www.warseer.com/forums/showthread.php?t=246627) for all of your rumor needs, having read through the 31 (and counting) pages, it seems like the window could be somewhere between September - January, but no one knows for sure.

G

This seems to be the state of play.

DE have moved from 'maybe next year' to 'maybe within a year.' Things are sounding hopeful at last.

Voss
22-03-2010, 10:19
The 'Cylon' look of the picture in the main rule book looked like a departure to me.

The pic on the opposite page had some promise, however. More armor, less skin, more of a wraithbone look to the vehicles.

Ol'Sarge2K
22-03-2010, 16:23
I imagine that the Dark Eldar will retain a similar feel.... but the models will be executed a lot better. It's the models that have kept the Dark Eldar a fringe army for years.

People like space elves, people like evil space elves. People don't like wack looking Flash Gordon vehicles and really poor models.... Something like 80% of the current line is cringe worthy... GW want's to sell models and have a successful release, and that's only going to happen if the line is improved. I imagine there will still be spikes and what not... but imagine real armor with spikes... not guys with leotards prancing about with spikes jutting from the sides of their heads.....