PDA

View Full Version : Imperial Guard Cadian Battleforce Heavy Weapon Teams

CoolKidRoc
24-03-2010, 15:27
Hey Guys, I was just wondering if anyone new if the weapon teams in this box set were just the missile launchers or if it was any of the ones you can make?

http://www.games-workshop.com/gws/catalog/productDetail.jsp?catId=cat1020042&prodId=prod2030001

Thanks

htj
24-03-2010, 15:34
Any of them.

Daemon Primarch Lorgar
24-03-2010, 15:34
You can make all of them :).

Mannimarco
24-03-2010, 15:37
and provided you dont mind some of your troops standing you can use some of the kit on several models, the tripod fits on the lascannon and heavy bolter and the mortar and missle launcher fits on the other stand or you can just have sombody standing with a missle launcher.

three heavy weapons for the price of 1 kit

CoolKidRoc
24-03-2010, 16:02
Very cool, sounds like a great way to dive into IG then and add some meat to my Grey Knights.

Now if only they made a box set of Chimeras and brought the price of those down a bit ;)

Bunnahabhain
24-03-2010, 16:03
With a little work, and some spare bodies, you can make all 5 weapons up. PM me for details if interested.

CoolKidRoc
24-03-2010, 16:43
With a little work, and some spare bodies, you can make all 5 weapons up. PM me for details if interested.

Totally Interested

Sandalphon
24-03-2010, 19:08
Also, if you don't have a large bitz box and are only just starting, simply using the kneeling legs for gunners, and the boxes standing legs for loaders, can net you 6 heavy weapons teams.
3 Las/HB/AC teams, and 3 ML/Motar teams, all with basically no conversion. :)

Promethius
24-03-2010, 19:18
Basically you can use sandbags or other bits of terrain to rest heay bolters/lascannon on, and the missile launchers can just be shoulder mounted. It's reasonably straight forward to combine the h.weapon box with the cadian kit and make all 5 weapon teams out of the one box. Lets you spend your cash on something else!

bigcheese76
24-03-2010, 19:21
Like has been mentioned alot before you can make much more than the 3 heavy weapons teams in the battle force.

With regards to your chimera comment, dont go buying them from GW, they are overpriced, like most transports, for the points cost. Your best bet for cheapish chimeras is ebay, that is where I got most of my 8 chimeras, and after a quick respray black they look new anyway.

Tarax
25-03-2010, 09:44
A further look at the Heavy Weapon team would give you:

http://www.games-workshop.com/gws/catalog/productDetail.jsp?catId=cat1300109&prodId=prod1080043

Where it clearly states that you can make any of the heavy weapon teams.

And yes, these are supplied in the Battleforce box.

Hakar
26-03-2010, 16:12
and provided you dont mind some of your troops standing you can use some of the kit on several models, the tripod fits on the lascannon and heavy bolter and the mortar and missle launcher fits on the other stand or you can just have sombody standing with a missle launcher.

three heavy weapons for the price of 1 kit

Well, 1 kit and spare bases, but that's still very good.