PDA

View Full Version : Forgeworld inn and smithy gone?

Qdeu
26-03-2010, 11:41
Sorry if this question has already been asked, but when and why did forgeworld stop stocking their inn and smithy buildings?

Spectrar Ghost
26-03-2010, 13:01
Not sure of the when. As to why, could be one of a few things.

1) They were outsourced. Much of the Epic stuff was, and the range has been reduced considerably since they moved back in-house.

2) They didn't sell. As cool as FW terrain is, it is a consistant underperformer in sales.

3) They have been removed to make way for other product from the upcoming Forgeworld Fantasy outlet.

Galvatron1701
26-03-2010, 13:38
I noticed that their ruined tank factory isn't on their site anumore too.

Jedi152
26-03-2010, 13:45
If they're gone, they're gone. Forgeworld tend to do that if it's a poor seller. Yet they keep stuff like the Tau Manta, they can't have sold more than 5 of those things.

If you want fantasy resin buildings, check out these guys (http://www.tabletop-world.com/). The owner is a WarSeer and they're gorgeous. They're based in Croatia though so you need to take postage into account.

Qdeu
26-03-2010, 13:47
Thanks a lot:) I was just wondering whether this was announced earlier:)

Llew
26-03-2010, 13:58
However, if you're just looking for some excellent resin models, the stuff that these guys (http://www.tabletop-world.com/)are doing looks pretty spectacular.

Jedi152
26-03-2010, 14:07
Beat you by 15 minutes! ;)

RevEv
26-03-2010, 15:02
Wheras I am saddened that the FW coaching inn has gone (it was on my wish list) I do not believe all is lost. FW do take products off sale to put them on later for a limited run. However, having seen the Tabletop World stuff I may not be buying one of the FW inns after all, the Ruined Inn is far nicer.

Saying that, I have built an Inn out of the Fantasy building set.

The Manta is a made to order model - like the Imperial Fortress Walls.

marv335
26-03-2010, 18:04
I was told that they've sold 20+ mantas, and that they're already into profit on it.
IIRC they sold three or four on the GDUK it was released

Mannimarco
26-03-2010, 18:41
those crazy impulse buyers eh?

forgeworld does this quite a lot, old lines and stuff that doesnt sell very much just gets discontinued

TheBigBadWolf
26-03-2010, 19:38
I would imagine it will be back, a lot of the BFG disapeared for a while/out of stock for ages, but its all back now, probably a high chance of it turning up in the new FW fantasy bit.

snurl
27-03-2010, 09:22
If they're gone, they're gone. Forgeworld tend to do that if it's a poor seller. Yet they keep stuff like the Tau Manta, they can't have sold more than 5 of those things.

If you want fantasy resin buildings, check out these guys (http://www.tabletop-world.com/). The owner is a WarSeer and they're gorgeous. They're based in Croatia though so you need to take postage into account.

Thanks for the link- that stuff is really nice.

Spectrar Ghost
27-03-2010, 13:38
I would imagine it will be back, a lot of the BFG disapeared for a while/out of stock for ages, but its all back now, probably a high chance of it turning up in the new FW fantasy bit.

BFG was outsourced like Epic, IIRC, and when FW moved it in-house they took the opportunity to retool the molds on product that sold well, resulting in long term out of stocks. Product that was not considered profitable (or that they caught looking at them funny, some would say) was discontinued.

That said, I think that FW probably discontinued these two. THey did it for the entire range of Epic buildings :cries::cries::cries: some time back. I wish I'd gotten a tank factory while I could.

Qdeu
27-03-2010, 16:38
I just find it strange that they didn't announce it, like "soon to be discontinued, buy it while stocks last"

RevEv
31-03-2010, 19:59
Just looked at the new website and the inn is back.

BigBadBull
02-04-2010, 20:33
Last year I was told that they had sold 27+ Mantas... One chap bought 3...hince the AI Apoc Data sheet.

Havarel
03-04-2010, 18:56
Just noticed that all of their Citiies of Death buildings are gone as well. The tank factory, administratum entrance, missile silo etc.