PDA

View Full Version : New forgeworld website is up [CLOSED]

gwarsh41
30-03-2010, 16:23
Not sure if it has been posted. The new layout is up and running though. It is such a nice upgrade from the old one!

http://www.forgeworld.co.uk/

Stouty
30-03-2010, 16:27
Yay: It looks a little nicer
Nay: They seem to have removed lots of photographs of their products from the website meaning that (especially with conversion packs) it is hard to tell what you are actually buying.

Hopefully they'll fix that soon.

Spacker
30-03-2010, 16:33
Downloads section is missing. I rang and asked them, apparently it'll be gone for a few weeks but when it's added back in they expect it to have some of the new update PDFs for the older IA books. Whether this means DKoK and Renegades are getting their updates in a few weeks they couldn't tell me, however ...

I'm amazed this one got past even teaboy casual checking. For instance, missing game logos on all the game top level category pages ...

Starchild
30-03-2010, 16:47
I'm amazed this one got past even teaboy casual checking. For instance, missing game logos on all the game top level category pages ...That's evidence of a "rush to printing". I'm sure they'll catch the bugs and fix it soon enough. Overall a huge improvement over the previous html-only site, and about darn time.

TheBigBadWolf
30-03-2010, 16:53
Im liking it, far nicer to look at!

gwarsh41
30-03-2010, 16:56
The titan page is intimidating. soooooo many big price tags!

rabblerouser
30-03-2010, 16:56
Looks nicer, but I never really had anything against the old site. Yes, it was crappy, but I was interested in the product, not the site.

bluenova
30-03-2010, 17:25
This new layout is a lot easier to navigate than the old one - have to wait and see how well the old wind-up 'puters at work handle it on my lunchbreak tomorrow though ;-)

Michaelius
30-03-2010, 17:31
Very nice and they now have Night Spinner complete kit which previously was unavailable.

LordMalinari
30-03-2010, 18:00
The new website must have some sort of subliminal messaging . . . Seeing items in the new layout makes the prices seem more reasonable than I found them on the old website. This could be bad for my wallet. ¬_¬"

Slaaaaaanesh
30-03-2010, 18:01
I'm assuming the arrows on the individual item pages mean that more photos of each item will be avaliable later. Sometimes I just like to look at pictures of shiny things. :D

Otherwise a very nice website.

Slaaaaaanesh

Coggy
30-03-2010, 18:09
its easier to navigate but i hope theyre not finished as yeah you cant really know what your buying unless you already know what you want.

unheilig
30-03-2010, 18:44
they should probably fix the misspelled "krieg".

GlynG
30-03-2010, 19:57
I do hope they bring all the photos back! Not bothered either way about the design really as it’s the models that’s important.

I notice the Epic section is still listed as Epic 40,000 despite the current version of the game having been Epic Armageddon for the last 5 years and they then state epic is 10mm scale rather than the 6mm it actually is. They could do a better job at marketing GW’s best game by far, ah well...

MajorWesJanson
30-03-2010, 20:14
Seems like some models and options are missing :(

badgeraddict
30-03-2010, 20:17
I am interested in the Exorcist Conversion Kit for Witch Hunters yet I have no idea what that contains apart from the obvious missile launcher from the picture.

Can anyone tell me?

Ironmonger
30-03-2010, 20:19
ATTENTION: LITTLE THUMNAILS YOU CAN CLICK ON AND DIRECTION ARROWS MEANS THAT MORE PHOTOS WILL BE ADDED!!! I'm really amazed people would think otherwise or question the formatting...

All in all I feel as though this is a brilliant 'upgrade':p to the FW website. SOOO much easier to navigate, view and use! Kudos, FW! Now, you'll get a cookie when I get my DKoK update...

Emperors Teeth
30-03-2010, 22:45
Pros:
Looks great.
Easy to navigate and see lots of things can be viewed quickly.
Better potential for content growth.

Cons:
Sore lack of hobby related stuff such as rules.
Currently too few images of some models.

Galatan
30-03-2010, 22:52
After all these years a new site...wow I like it, but I also like the old one.
Navigation is better, but I'll have to test it out some more. First impression are good.

Funny btw that FW didn't have to take their old site down for the new site, while BL's site has been down for almost six months before an update.

StormCrow
30-03-2010, 22:55
Well it is now far easier to order in Australia so I am very impressed/excited!

Zanzibarthefirst
30-03-2010, 23:02
i dont like not having everything on one page like before but other than that it shoudl look good when its all finished.

IcedAnimals
30-03-2010, 23:22
The new set up is definitely easier to navigate. I like it more for that reason alone.

Also has anyone else heard about a slight falling out between GW and forgeworld. Apparently GW at least around here is going to stop carrying FW products and you wont be able to order them anymore.

xriccix
30-03-2010, 23:27
Just as bad and ugly as the old one, but so is the GW site.

Lexington
30-03-2010, 23:35
Yipes. I mean, it's nice that the FW people decided that having a website from 2001 wasn't okay, but I didn't expect for them to pick the 2002 model as a replacement...

Spectral Dragon
30-03-2010, 23:38
Easier to navigate, faster, and easier on the eyes IMO, though I would have loved a "forge world" look.

FabricatorGeneralMike
31-03-2010, 01:59
It's not a bad change. I do miss the little blurbs tho, it looked like to me they shortened some of them up.

Messiah
31-03-2010, 02:25
Looks a bit easier to navigate, but the dimensions are out of tune..

CarbonCopy
31-03-2010, 02:42
I'm sorry, but the old site was embarrassing. It honestly looked like someone's 16-year-old cousin did it for them over spring break. But then again, the over-all design had not changed in a decade.

I very much like the new site. Much more streamlined code for a MUCH faster download.

Dio´Ra
31-03-2010, 04:22
I LIKE!!!

like the new layout, less clicking around, only downside is that a lot of pictures are missing at the moment...but that will get all resolved soon or in a couple of weeks :)

The Dude
31-03-2010, 04:57
Did it always have the Warhammer logo at the bottom?

Voleron
31-03-2010, 05:05
Also has anyone else heard about a slight falling out between GW and forgeworld. Apparently GW at least around here is going to stop carrying FW products and you wont be able to order them anymore. That's fairly ridiculous. ForgeWorld is a subsidiary of GW. For all intents an purposes, they're the same company.

Did it always have the Warhammer logo at the bottom?
Not that i'm aware. Interesting.

Vaktathi
31-03-2010, 05:34
Eh, the new site is a little easier to navigate, but looks like it was designed and implemented in about 3 hours. It perpetually looks like it's still waiting for a background or something to load, like the site didn't finish loading right.

The old site was seemed to have a bit more thought & care put into it, even if it was a bit 2002-ish.

Also, there's no Downloads section, which sucks.

Metal Fingered Villain
31-03-2010, 05:35
It may look a bit meh, but holy **** its easy to get around.

rabblerouser
31-03-2010, 06:05
The new set up is definitely easier to navigate. I like it more for that reason alone.

Also has anyone else heard about a slight falling out between GW and forgeworld. Apparently GW at least around here is going to stop carrying FW products and you wont be able to order them anymore.

The GW stores in my area stopped carrying FW a long time ago. The FW line is extensive and slow moving, so they did away with it to make room for more space marine tactical squads, same as they did with many of the blisters.

laudarkul
31-03-2010, 07:02
The titan page is intimidating. soooooo many big price tags!

True...But the new site is much better then the old one;).

Qdeu
31-03-2010, 08:24
Way easier to navigate. The dozen clicks required to reach any category on the old site were infuriating. I'm really glad they made the change:)

AndrewGPaul
31-03-2010, 08:40
Now, if only the drop-down menus cascaded, so Warhammer 40,000->Imperial Guard expanded into Elysians, Cadians, etc.

Some of the categories could do with being subdivided - the 40K terrain section is a bit unwieldy, IMO.

252nd Fire Dragoon
31-03-2010, 08:55
Aloha,
Not bad, a few mistakes. Wrong date for Forge World open day (not April as far as I'm aware) and the price tag for Ork Mek Buzgob is 0.00 pounds... and no you can't purchase (I tried but it doesn't work). Fix the flaws and it's good to go.

Edit: Scratch that, they fixed it earlier today it looks like. Now website is fine.

IcedAnimals
31-03-2010, 08:56
That's fairly ridiculous. ForgeWorld is a subsidiary of GW. For all intents an purposes, they're the same company.

Not that i'm aware. Interesting.

I know it sounds ridiculous but I have it on good authority Tom Kirby has told management in this area that they will not be carrying anymore FW stuff.

orkz222
31-03-2010, 08:58
I like it, easier to buy more resin crack!

RCgothic
31-03-2010, 09:13
I very much like the new site. If only I had some money to spend!

Aiwass
31-03-2010, 09:44
I REALLY hope that they make some goodness in Warhammer Historical, like his logo suggest. This would be faptastic!

Vermin-thing
31-03-2010, 09:50
I'm still getting the old site?? I know what your talking about though.

Cheexsta
31-03-2010, 11:09
I love the new site! Much easier to navigate, and I'm glad that they kept the simplistic style. The old site used to irritate me to no end.

And it looks like they've cleared most of the bugs that people have reported so far. I'd like to see how it goes when (if?) they add more photos and the downloads section, too.

Charax
31-03-2010, 11:11
Aside from the typos, missing pictures, missing downloads and lack of submenus (There's really no reason I shouldn't be able to get to the "Chaos Renegades" page as a submenu of "Chaos". Sure, it's one extra click but if you visit the site a lot it's going to become an irritation) it's decent.

Luckily I didn't visit the site much before (at least, not since they learned how to use .htaccess) so the redesign shouldn't affect me much, but they could have at least held off the launch until all the content was up!

Jagged
31-03-2010, 11:23
Yeah. Unfortunately a lot of the old picture have vanished along with the test rules. They have the place-holders for the pictures so hopefully they will get moved across eventually.

That fact that the site seemed a bit broken this morning suggests they are still working on it ;)

destroyerlord
31-03-2010, 12:18
Looks much nicer to me. :)

ThePope
31-03-2010, 12:34
It looks nicer but hell for a web store it still looks crap, by far the worst website from the company who produces it.

RCgothic
31-03-2010, 12:42
I don't know which webstores you use, but of the ones I do, Amazon, Ebay, GWmain and various others, this is by far the nicest I've come across.

ThePope
31-03-2010, 13:09
The bottom right box is out of alignment with the rest of them, the "background" image is totally pointless as well you cant see it..., there is a huge blank space between the logos and the flags, the logos don't even link to the sites associated with them. On top of that there is no uniform lines between each products box so the site does not look crisp in my personal opinion http://www.forgeworld.co.uk/Warhammer/Warhammer_Monsters for example the larger box for the Great Unclean One compared to the Lord of Change there is no reason why the boxes shouldn't be a uniform size regardless of kit size.

It just looks very rushed with no actual design thought process. Bet they got charged a fortune for it as well.

RCgothic
31-03-2010, 13:58
Ah. All the pictures are the same, but if the Name runs onto two lines it messes things up a bit.

ThePope
31-03-2010, 14:03
My misses has just turned me into a design snob damn her :(

TimLeeson
31-03-2010, 14:11
I like it, seems easier to find stuff. I was dissapointed however to find that the epic grey knights and all the tau epic infantry have vanished entirely. I hope that will be fixed eventually.

RCgothic
31-03-2010, 14:12
Mmm, my missus is the same, but she's got a way to go with me yet. :shifty:

The odd formatting error aside, I think this is a very functional and shiny new website, and I'm very happy with it. :D

Alessander
31-03-2010, 14:33
much better navigation. however, there is no links to shipping info at all, do we really have to register a new account just to get a shipping quote? (edit NM, found it)

The background image, being lighter (near white) on the left side, makes it look like the content boxes are not aligned properly.

Problems on alignment with IE6 (box model bug). So many people still use IE 6 (sadly).

Big problems on mobile devices.

Seriously FW, for being GW's most "profitable division" you need to have a more professional presentation.

ThePope
31-03-2010, 14:44
Seriously FW, for being GW's most "profitable division" you need to have a more professional presentation.

This is what I mean, the website's design just does not reflect Forge Worlds company status.

gwarsh41
31-03-2010, 15:55
This is what I mean, the website's design just does not reflect Forge Worlds company status.

I dont think that anyone buying resin models from FW cares about the companies status. As for complaining about it in comparison to other websites, have you compared it to other miniature dealers sites? I mean, instead of comparing it to massive companies and vendors. Seriously, brows bitzbox for a while, or try out reaper miniatures website.
I will say that the logo feels very out of place on the new layout.

ThePope
31-03-2010, 16:13
There is no excuse for lazy cheap design full stop.

Dio´Ra
31-03-2010, 16:55
There is no excuse for lazy cheap design full stop.

sure there is, saving money for going with a cheap design than an expensive design. It's not like some business people or stakeholders will be go looking at the website.

As far as I'm concerned the website has one purpose: Be easy to navigate and easy to buy stuff from FW.

And whats the purpose of having a super nice website when you only spend no more than several min on it just to click and buy what you want from FW? Investing in a nicer website would be a waste of money for FW.

ThePope
31-03-2010, 17:03
Then why does anyone bother investing money into nice websites if that's your reasoning, also I bet you that website was not cheap at all looking at the company that made it. In its self Forge World is all about the design of their models so one would of hoped that flawless attention to detail would have been reflected in their website ;)

Dio´Ra
31-03-2010, 17:08
Then why does anyone bother investing money into nice websites if that's your reasoning, also I bet you that website was not cheap at all looking at the company that made it.

Some companies need to invest in good looking websites to attract stakeholders etc. Or they have the income to waste it on an expensive nice looking website :p

People at FW are sculpters and mediocre army list writers, I doubt they can be bothered so much about wasting their income on a nice website :p

And I doubt you can say how expensive the website was by just looking at the compnay who made it, who knows? Maybe they got a custom cheap deal of em, I'm just saying....

And realy why are we bitching about the website of FW when it's the content on the website that matters!

Lexington
31-03-2010, 17:34
And realy why are we bitching about the website of FW when it's the content on the website that matters!
Because the topic of the thread is the new site design, which is passable at best. In 2010, it's ridiculous for a company that does the kind of business that GW/Forgeworld do to have a website that's so amateur-grade.

RCgothic
31-03-2010, 17:37
I think people are picking over nothings to be honest, it's a very fine new website, and I'm sure the few tiny molehills that people are making mountains out of will be easily sorted as the site becomes more operational.

Axel
31-03-2010, 18:00
As long as I can find my models and see plenty of pictures on how they look, I am content. The only thing that I really appreciate on the new website is the account with order history. I hope they have some kind of order tracking.

Warhound of Lustria
31-03-2010, 19:44
http://www.forgeworld.co.uk/Warhammer-40000/Warhammer_40,000_Terrain/WARHAMMER-40-000-SEWER-ENTRANCES.html

I really hope that price tag is a typo :p

gwarsh41
31-03-2010, 19:48
http://www.forgeworld.co.uk/Warhammer-40000/Warhammer_40,000_Terrain/WARHAMMER-40-000-SEWER-ENTRANCES.html

I really hope that price tag is a typo :p

HAHAHA!!
well at least there is free shipping!

Then why does anyone bother investing money into nice websites if that's your reasoning, also I bet you that website was not cheap at all looking at the company that made it. In its self Forge World is all about the design of their models so one would of hoped that flawless attention to detail would have been reflected in their website ;)

man, quit trolling.

ThePope
31-03-2010, 20:17
HAHAHA!!
well at least there is free shipping!

man, quit trolling.

Trolling would be going off topic, the topic was new website or old one, my vote is neither and I'll leave it at that :rolleyes:

Skullking
31-03-2010, 20:58
New site seems nice. A lot more colorful than the old one, but I didn't hate the old one either.

Anyone notice the price of some items has shot up a few pounds? I checked some of the things that I had wanted to buy before, and they are now slightly more expensive. I knew that was going to happen though. Change everything, people won't check the prices first.

Oh well, I still love ya FW!!:)

Erazmus_M_Wattle
31-03-2010, 21:24
Well all I'll say is I quite like it. It is visually easier to see what you want to see. There are less category pages to navigate through before you get to the products, which makes navigating it much more enjoyable. I kinda wish they'd come away from the horrible teal colour that they seem to love. But that is just a minor niggle. I just really like the way all the products appear in full colour next to one another. It is just better. Actually more like the GW main site. Not exactly the same but closer.

I give it a thumbs up.

For the record. I will not be buying the sewer entrances. Not at least until they change the price from 88 thousand odd quid. I could get a house for that. Hee hee.

Von Blacke
31-03-2010, 22:15
It's strange, when I click the link on this thread I go straight to the new website, but if I Google 'Forge World' and click on the first link I end right back up at the old one. :wtf:

Edit: Now the link here isn't working? I swear it worked yesterday.

Edit Again: Okay, it works if you go into the store a bit more.

Killgore
31-03-2010, 22:31
Well alot less clicking involved, this is good

Hope they upload more angle shots of models soon

shabbadoo
31-03-2010, 22:49
They should also put up pics of the resin parts that each model comes with, for ALL of the models.

Hoarmurel
31-03-2010, 23:49
Seems fairly good for me.

However they could have used it to improve and add new shipping and payment methods. I mean, in their site there is still stated they add 15% of value of the items purchased for shipping cost, that's too much. For me at least. The shipping cost from UK to Europe is a lot cheaper than that quantity...

I think anyone who buys something in FW should choose the shipping way he/she prefer, including the cheapest option, tracked parcels, complete insurance, etc.

Same thing with the payment options, I can't see if they have now Paypal or not, I cannot understand why a company that sell almost everything by Internet and don't have Paypal yet.

This is my opinion, though. :)

Voss
01-04-2010, 03:00
Nice improvements. Navigating directly to the section I want to look at is a vast improvement over the old nested design. And having a check box for turning off images for a simple list is a nice little touch.

I also like the fact that its nice and clean and not cluttered with garbage.

I approve.

stormboy
01-04-2010, 03:10
I think it is a great improvement.

My only gripe is that I can't find the downloads/errata/trial rules type stuff.

Dranthar
01-04-2010, 04:18
I much prefer the old one. Navigating it gave me a satisfying feeling not unlike wrestling with an ancient sea monster.

Axel
01-04-2010, 11:03
However they could have used it to improve and add new shipping and payment methods. I mean, in their site there is still stated they add 15% of value of the items purchased for shipping cost, that's too much. For me at least. The shipping cost from UK to Europe is a lot cheaper than that quantity...

I think anyone who buys something in FW should choose the shipping way he/she prefer, including the cheapest option, tracked parcels, complete insurance, etc.

Same thing with the payment options, I can't see if they have now Paypal or not, I cannot understand why a company that sell almost everything by Internet and don't have Paypal yet.

I do not think that FW will do anythink to make shipping or payment more attractive if it involves more work for them, at least not as long as they sell sufficient stuff. And seriously, I think this disregard to economical success is what makes them so successfull - they do not run a business first but produce models. If they start to change, I fear for them.

Perfect Organism
01-04-2010, 11:23
Better navigation, but I preferred the old page layout.

toymaker
01-04-2010, 17:13
To everyone who wondering where old pdf's, photos, errata and goodies are. I say, be patient. I work for a content-rich website that overhauled itself last June and we're STILL uploading back content. It'll all should be back, just may take some time.

Sandlemad
01-04-2010, 17:41
Way better navigation, beats the hell out of having to click through several layers of Imperial Armour. There's a few artefacts around the or tank on the front page and some of the logos though, which is the prettiest but very good overall.

de Selby
02-04-2010, 21:12
Way easier to navigate. The dozen clicks required to reach any category on the old site were infuriating. I'm really glad they made the change:)

This and the time it takes to load are about the only things that matter to me (I'm assuming all of the original pics will be back before long). I don't give a damn if the whole thing is written in html so long as it's clear and fast. So it's thumbs up from me. I've seen plenty of websites that have clearly had far more money spent on them and are far worse to use, in fact I'd put the GW site in that category.

duffybear1988
02-04-2010, 21:25
its nice and shiny, but I wish they would hurry up and send my salamander scout kit :(

HK-47
03-04-2010, 00:06
Does anyone know when the download section will be back up?

CPK
03-04-2010, 01:13
i def do love the new website, as everyone has said, much easier to navigate

Hero adamite
03-04-2010, 01:33
Like the new one very much. The new one looks a lot more professional compared to the old one which looked old and was complicated to navigate through. Hopefully they get all their pictures etc. on there within the next week or so.

SandQueen
03-04-2010, 02:32
Where is the download page?

Forgeworld I am dissappoint

Nazerth
03-04-2010, 04:41
The no downloads page is a bummer, and the product pics have taken a serious hit in variety, but they ARE working on it.

Once those issues are fixed, I say huge improvement.

MajorWesJanson
03-04-2010, 06:16
Looks like product pics are coming back. The new TAV has like 12-15

Spacker
03-04-2010, 08:49
Does anyone know when the download section will be back up?

Check the 3rd post in this thread - they told me a few weeks.

Garion
03-04-2010, 08:54
I like it, its nice really easy to find stuff, but I still can't get over how much they charge for everything, the prices are unreal

Tokamak
03-04-2010, 10:08
I really prefer the old. Far easier to browse pictures.

Tymell
03-04-2010, 11:47
Most of the layout looks good, nice and appealing and easy to navigate. The only thing I'm not keen on is more hover-drop-downs as in the GW site. Other than that, I like it.

It must be working too, because I'm more tempted than ever to get some :p

I've seen plenty of websites that have clearly had far more money spent on them and are far worse to use, in fact I'd put the GW site in that category.

Agreed, FW's transition has been much more successful than the GW one.

Tokamak
03-04-2010, 11:58
It's the hovering pictures indeed. I really loved the old galleries.

BaloOrk
03-04-2010, 18:27
Certain text on the help page is a bit difficult to read.

Sargarius
03-04-2010, 23:51
As much as I like the FW site I am surprised they did not take the chance to put in some kind of currency selector, so you could see prices in US$ or others.

I hope they add some of the old gallery shots.

Coggy
04-04-2010, 00:22
As much as I like the FW site I am surprised they did not take the chance to put in some kind of currency selector, so you could see prices in US$ or others.

I hope they add some of the old gallery shots.
that surprised me also. i figured thats gotta be a have it for them.
also dont like flashed based websites even though thats the way a lot of sites are doing it now. nothing more maddening than hitting back and it taking you back to the home page or another site.

Azhrarn
04-04-2010, 14:30
that surprised me also. i figured thats gotta be a have it for them.
also dont like flashed based websites even though thats the way a lot of sites are doing it now. nothing more maddening than hitting back and it taking you back to the home page or another site.

Once you add items to your basket you can check how much the total cost will be in your local currency through the basket screen (it's a direct link to the XE.com conversion page, had hoped they did it on the site).

Murdoch
04-04-2010, 14:40
Much much better to look at and navigate through.

We will get more photos, the only bit that I miss are the downloads... But again apparently a WIP

Whitehorn
04-04-2010, 15:06
I liked the old little text section for each item that stated which book had the rules for it. Has it gone or moved?

The boyz
04-04-2010, 18:57
Overall, I'm quite impresed with the new site.

Coggy
05-04-2010, 00:35
Once you add items to your basket you can check how much the total cost will be in your local currency through the basket screen (it's a direct link to the XE.com conversion page, had hoped they did it on the site).

oh thank you
i havent had a chance to buy anything yet
waiting for so new stuff to show up

gwarsh41
05-04-2010, 04:03
They might not have a currency selector as somewhat of a business move. I know a few people over here in the US who dont notice that the prices are in dollars until they buy something. Not the brightest in strategy either...

@ coggy
Awesome avatar.

Azzy
05-04-2010, 06:34
Yes sir, I like it.

loveless
05-04-2010, 16:08
No real complaints. A bit easier to navigate, less need to open multiple tabs, and typically simple to get a quick overview of a given product line.

New Cult King
06-04-2010, 09:13
Yep, I'm liking the new site. The buggers got me to drop 66 quid on Inquisitor figures and bits, so it must be working ;)

PatrikW
06-04-2010, 09:20
Better navigation, but I preferred the old page layout.

My thought exactly =)

works like a charms but not as good looking.

AndrewGPaul
06-04-2010, 09:25
They might not have a currency selector as somewhat of a business move. I know a few people over here in the US who dont notice that the prices are in dollars until they buy something. Not the brightest in strategy either...

@ coggy
Awesome avatar.

I think it's more that Forgeworld don't have a retail presence in different countries. After all, GW's prices differ from country to country, even taking the exchange rates into account. Hence the website needs to accomodate that. The Forgeworld site only sells in Sterling, and therefore doesn't bother to list different prices, which would change daily anyway.

After all, most US manufacturers only list their prices in USD, and yet we manage to figure it out.

Jim
06-04-2010, 13:54
I really like the new layout...I've been avoiding the forgeworld website for months now as my wallet is still recovering from the last time I stopped to 'just have a look' :cries: ...I'm sure more downloads will be added as time goes by - in my opinion it is a big improvement.

@gwarsh41 & coggy:I've never seen so many Venture Brothers avatars in one place!!!

Jim

shadow hunter
06-04-2010, 14:39
Not looked recently, but about 5 days or so ago when I looked it seemed very nice. Much easier to navigate.

However, the old one had far more photo's and angles of products, so for that reason I voted that I prefer the old version. I want to look at the models, not a nice website.

Ironmonger
06-04-2010, 17:38
@gwarsh41 & coggy:I've never seen so many Venture Brothers avatars in one place!!!

Jim

I know, it's glorious!:D Whenever I see that avatar of #21 all I can think of is Mars: 'duhduhduhduh duh duh-duh-duh...':p

Toadius80
06-04-2010, 23:05
All nice and a bit easier to navagate though not got a downloads section at all and things arn't as well displayed. I mean 1 maybe two photos per item, not got the same feel as it used to. Thus, I voted old

Coggy
07-04-2010, 00:53
@ coggy
Awesome avatar.

lol yeah for venture bros
now you need to stop talking to skulls
still waiting for the raven guard guy to show up :(
and the meka dread

BlackLegion
07-04-2010, 01:39
Still dissapointed that i can only pay with a credit card (which i don't own) :(

Zanzibarthefirst
07-04-2010, 01:46
im guessing some more stuff might pop up on the 16th as mentioned before, likely the raven guard dude, IA8, Ork stuff(stompa stuff, grot tanks, meka-dread)

DjtHeutii
07-04-2010, 08:07
Still dissapointed that i can only pay with a credit card (which i don't own) :(

It would be very nice if they accepted PayPal. I use my card with them, but I would prefer to use PayPal.

Ironmonger
07-04-2010, 21:40
it would be very nice if they accepted paypal. I use my card with them, but i would prefer to use paypal.

seconded!!!

Hoarmurel
08-04-2010, 17:29
It would be very nice if they accepted PayPal. I use my card with them, but I would prefer to use PayPal.

+1

I totally agree :)

gwarsh41
08-04-2010, 19:32
I have hear that paypal puts a little fee on direct transfers from one account to another. So if that is true I can understand why they dont.

neko
09-04-2010, 01:40
Paypal has also been known to be a danger for sellers in the past. For smaller sellers it may well be worth risking compared to the cost of accepting cards yourself, but for larger companies I can definitely see them not wanting to expose themselves like that.

Disclaimer: It's been a few years since I was looking into Paypal from the seller's perspective, so they may have shaped up since then.

DjtHeutii
09-04-2010, 08:37
I have hear that paypal puts a little fee on direct transfers from one account to another. So if that is true I can understand why they dont.

Paypal has also been known to be a danger for sellers in the past. For smaller sellers it may well be worth risking compared to the cost of accepting cards yourself, but for larger companies I can definitely see them not wanting to expose themselves like that.

Disclaimer: It's been a few years since I was looking into Paypal from the seller's perspective, so they may have shaped up since then.

GW uses PayPal as does numerous other sellers both large and small. I can't see it as being "dangerous" in any particular way.

Coasty
09-04-2010, 08:43

Nor do I, but I can still buy from them; you must have a debit card, surely? It's the thing you take money out of an ATM with.

neko
09-04-2010, 11:20
GW uses PayPal as does numerous other sellers both large and small. I can't see it as being "dangerous" in any particular way.
It may well be that a larger seller is safer on the basis that Paypal don't want to be dragged to court by a legal team, and therefore don't try anything.
I know that Paypal in the past have screwed over smaller sellers though, usually by freezing all of the seller's funds on the flimsiest of excuses, and sometimes even going as far as to also take money out of sellers' bank accounts without permission.

Mewy
09-04-2010, 11:35
Seems way more refined and user friendly. Straight away you can jump to the game section you need instead of hunting in 1 or 2 links.

Marshal Argos
09-04-2010, 14:02
Nor do I, but I can still buy from them; you must have a debit card, surely? It's the thing you take money out of an ATM with.

Germany where "BlackLegion" is from, like much of the EU doesn't use ATM's like the US does. It confused the heck outa me when I moved here a few years ago, but they use "EC" electronic cash cards. Works the same way but without being tied into the Credit Card networks, so no if you can't use it to purchase things online. In fact most times when you purchase something online in Germany you get the bank info from the seller, and have to do a wire transfer yourself. Sometimes, you have the option to give the seller your account info and they'll withdraw it but not very often.

Still though, it would be nice to be able to have an alternate form of payment available, but IMHO it's not necessary.

Coasty
09-04-2010, 14:18
I wouldn't know about the US way of working; I'm Scottish!

I'd assumed that other European countries worked it the same way as us. Well, you learn something new every day. The European way sounds horribly awkward.

40k Boy
09-04-2010, 14:33
I like it, its simple and yet still looks good. Its far easier to navigate than the arkward website GW have now.

Ironmonger
10-04-2010, 06:28
Germany where "BlackLegion" is from, like much of the EU doesn't use ATM's like the US does. It confused the heck outa me when I moved here a few years ago, but they use "EC" electronic cash cards. Works the same way but without being tied into the Credit Card networks, so no if you can't use it to purchase things online. In fact most times when you purchase something online in Germany you get the bank info from the seller, and have to do a wire transfer yourself. Sometimes, you have the option to give the seller your account info and they'll withdraw it but not very often.

Still though, it would be nice to be able to have an alternate form of payment available, but IMHO it's not necessary.

:wtf: That's odd. I lived in Wales for a year and the card I got through HSBC worked the same way as it's counterpart in the states, not withstanding the odd funny electronic chip embedded in the card.

I thought the Deutsch were all efficient and ****. Amazing cars... tanks... but their online ordering suffers:confused::p

Azhrarn
10-04-2010, 07:54
I wouldn't know about the US way of working; I'm Scottish!

I'd assumed that other European countries worked it the same way as us. Well, you learn something new every day. The European way sounds horribly awkward.

It really depends on the country, due to a system set up by a group of banks in the Netherlands a lot of dutch online stores offer a kind of direct debit payment system if your bank is part of the group that set up the system (and all larger banks are part of it I believe).
You order stuff like normal and when you get to check out the site automatically links you to your banks site with a wire-transfer completely filled out and ready to send, it just needs your login credentials and the relevant verification from the bank.

But other than that, it's either PayPal (which I linked to my bank account for a direct debit payment option) or a Creditcard. But our normal bank-cards are fairly useless online since they don't function like those in the UK or US.

Axel
10-04-2010, 11:29
.... But our normal bank-cards are fairly useless online since they don't function like those in the UK or US.

Which can be a good thing because you get no problems with online-theft when you loose that card.

Azhrarn
10-04-2010, 17:20
Which can be a good thing because you get no problems with online-theft when you loose that card.

Very true, without it's associated PIN it's useless for anything other than being a fancy slab of plastic. Unlike an online enabled debit card.

Joewrightgm
11-04-2010, 01:18
Well, I just ordered a Plague Marines upgrade pack. We'll see how the new website handles overseas orders.

sigur
11-04-2010, 01:33

Same here. At least they keep it down somewhat.

Desert thunder
11-04-2010, 09:52
Much easier to navigate.

Axel
11-04-2010, 10:03
I placed an order shortly before the swap (23rd, to be exact) and got nothing yet. Probably lost in translation to the new server. I assume I have to call - for the odd reason FW ignores emails (THAT is something they really should change - a working email-support can be much less time intensive then phone support).

gwarsh41
12-04-2010, 20:12
I placed an order shortly before the swap (23rd, to be exact) and got nothing yet. Probably lost in translation to the new server. I assume I have to call - for the odd reason FW ignores emails (THAT is something they really should change - a working email-support can be much less time intensive then phone support).

Yeah, the FW support has always been pretty bad. I made a pretty hefty order a while ago. (Apoc GUO, IAA:2 Nurgle DP+ herald.. well, hefty for me) I got the confirmation that I paid a few days later (Not including the weekend) and then 2 weeks later there was a box on my doorstep. I was told that emailing them is a waste of time, so I decided not to. An email of "Hey, we shipped your package" would be pretty nice at least.

Axel
12-04-2010, 20:17
Don`t get me wrong on this: on phone their support is pretty good, and they are first class at replacing miscast or wrongly delivered parts.

But they certainly do not believe in the usage of email. Perhaps its not part of the imperial creed.

neko
12-04-2010, 22:09
Maybe they just haven't recovered an authorised STC for email yet ;)

Back in Feburary I placed an £250 order on the old site and received confirmation. Over a month later (the website warned of delays, so I was being patient) I rang up to ask for an update on my order and found that they never received it. Whilst the new website is shiney and all, I just hope the backend all works properly this time.

SoggyRizla
12-04-2010, 22:28
It's better, but it's still not a great site. I was expecting more.

Zanzibarthefirst
12-04-2010, 22:58
i haven't ordered anything yet but i hope the service does improve, delivery times and postage costs are rather poor IMHO. GW have really improved in this area but in my past dealing with FW couldnt say they followed suit.

Joewrightgm
12-04-2010, 23:52
I think the thing I like about the new Black Library and Forge World site is the relative ease of navigation with the drop downs, and the layout across the GW main, BL and FW sites are consistent which I like for some reason.

The Inquisitor
13-04-2010, 21:05
MUCH better, faster to navigate through, etc. Newer, in this case, is better...

Axel
15-04-2010, 16:59
I just got some serious email support by Forgeworld concerning one of my orders.

No idea wether this is due to the new website, or part of a general change, but I am certainly delighted. :-)

Trothael
15-04-2010, 17:04
Visually more appealing. Slightly easier to navigate.
I still don't care fore it though.

gwarsh41
23-04-2010, 16:40
It seems like they might slowly be adding more images. I can imagine there are people out there who would gladly do it for free though.

philbrad2
23-04-2010, 16:51
Think this one is about due for a move to 40K GENERAL no new news or rumour.

hold tight...

PhilB
:chrome:
+ =I= + WarSeer Moderation Team + =I= +
WarSeer Posting Guidelines (http://www.warseer.com/forums/faq.php?faq=rules#faq_posting_guidelines)
The WarSeer FAQ (http://www.warseer.com/forums/faq.php)
The WarSeer Moderation/Posting/Forum guidelines (http://www.warseer.com/forums/faq.php?faq=the_forums#faq_rules)

Axel
23-04-2010, 21:28
If working e-mail support from ForgeWorld is no news, then I am at a loss what actually can surprise you :-)

Warmaster Bill
06-08-2010, 02:39
Shiney and New!

AndrewGPaul
06-08-2010, 09:23
Well, it might have been, back in April. In August? No, it isn't any more.

(Shiny, by the way. no 'e')

High_Marshal_Helbrecht
06-08-2010, 13:10
Loving their new webbie!

philbrad2
06-08-2010, 14:45
Nothing new here closing.

PhilB
:chrome:
WarSeer Mod Team