PDA

View Full Version : Space Marine

Xyrex
31-03-2010, 00:31
So does anyone have any idea what the game is, and when its coming out, as well as why games workshop agreed to it? http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aFHKIFDjk9I

Wolf Lord of Croatia
31-03-2010, 00:34
Game is an RPG beat em up, with player controling Space Marine in third pearson. I dont know when it comes out.

Joewrightgm
31-03-2010, 00:36
Its a third-person action game with RPG elements. No known release date.

Why did GW agree to do it? Presumably to wipe the 'Fire Warrior' slate clean with a game that got across the brutal, dark, and bloody Gothic nature of Warhammer 40,000. And who better to do that then the Space Marines.

Project2501
31-03-2010, 00:40
Couple of things.

Who doesn't want to play an individual and single handedly fight/conquer enemies?

That is the direction (non PC) videogames have been going for.... ever.

GW will NEVER create an online/videogame version of the actual tabletop game. There is no way to continually make you pay the amount you do now for the miniatures even if they try and make you pay more monthly or for expansions/new units and such, because it is unheard of at this point in the mmo market. Also, WOW and The Old Republic (will) still have that market in deathgrip. Not to mention that one side of the company would eventually eclipse the other and force a company restructure.

If you mean "what's the game like?" ..... ever heard of search engines?

Xyrex
31-03-2010, 00:51
kKnowing Gw, they will make us pay 3x more than we should :( if the game is worth 60$, we will pay 180$...

Corbie
31-03-2010, 00:51
Well the bad thing is it isnt coming to PC.

ppththhhbbbtttt

So i couldnt play it even if I wanted to... which I do...badly.. but they dont want my money.

Phenski
31-03-2010, 00:55
If only we could change the colour of the marines armour.....

Corbie
31-03-2010, 00:57
we could if they would release it for PC

eltanko
31-03-2010, 01:48
I read an interview somewhere saying that its not neccesarily going to be Ultramarines that you play. But that was just how they were shown for the E3 teaser. So unless it has been confirmed somewhere else, it may change! Who knows, we might get a choice at the beggining of the game, of which chapter we want to play! Would be good!

ElTanko

Xyrex
31-03-2010, 02:21
Is it just me or do the SM seem WAAAY overpowered? The thunderhammer killing a dozen orks in 1 hit?

matthewmayer
31-03-2010, 02:26
By fluff isn't the Thunder hammer meant to do this?
Well it seems right to me anyway....

Cheers,

Matt

wazatdingder
31-03-2010, 02:27
Is it just me or do the SM seem WAAAY overpowered? The thunderhammer killing a dozen orks in 1 hit?

I believe you are unaware of what a Marine SHOULD be. I think it is in the 2nd ed. BA/DA codex that there is a piece of fluff in which a 5 man squad of BA's takes a city.

Malice&Mizery
31-03-2010, 04:26
Wow wow wow!!!!11!!one!!!1

This looks fun.

Xyrex
06-04-2010, 00:49
Ok, there used to be a video on youtube of the gameplay, but it was deleted due to copyright violation. Aparently it revealed too much about the game, and you know GW.....
Anyways, it was very early in develpement. The graphics were good, but
A: the bolters were completely unboltery (they were like halo smgs)
B: Chaos are also in the game and you do get to fight them at some point.
C: You get to customize your SM and choose the wargear, looks, ect.
D: No release date
E: The game focuses on CC, despite what the interviewed asian dude said on some interviews about it. In fact the bolter in that game is non lethal, or at least so in what i saw.
F: bullets simply bounce off the armor :)
G: thank god there is no godamn scavenger hunting for floatin money bags :wtf:
H: this is meant to show players what is actually going on on the table top (pretend there are 9000% more orks vs a few marines)

t-tauri
12-04-2010, 20:33
Please try a search and look in the appropriate forum (http://www.warseer.com/forums/showthread.php?t=201661). Thread closed.