PDA

View Full Version : Weirdest kill.

IGoblinego
31-03-2010, 16:18
What has been weirdest kill that you have done?

My is classic Laspistol vs Avatar.

In panic, all weapons shooted, Enemy Avatar were rushing on my tanks and my commander sayed:"Screw this!" and wen't in front line and headshoted that beast :D

azimaith
31-03-2010, 16:21
I had a unit of destroyers falling back toward my board edge when I broke a squad of marines which fell back into the destroyers, since they were falling back in a slight U shape they were trapped then destroyed. It was weird.

Narf
31-03-2010, 16:24
my SW drop pod exploding and taking out 3 GK termi's!

grimji
31-03-2010, 16:45
Dreadnought charges into 8 man demo vets, missed all to hits. Than veterans promptly stick a melta bomb(hitting on 6s) and blew it up.

Hero adamite
31-03-2010, 16:48
gretchin taking the last wound on Eldrad (246 pt model i believe) and killed it with shooting.

totgeboren
31-03-2010, 17:33
One lone ork Boy killed a Trygon. The Trygon had two wounds left at the beginning...
Three hits, three sixes followed by two failed saves resulted in one surprised boy.

shaso_iceborn
31-03-2010, 17:37
One lone ork Boy killed a Trygon. The Trygon had two wounds left at the beginning...
Three hits, three sixes followed by two failed saves resulted in one surprised boy.

That is awesome. similar to mine but I still think you win.

I had a warhound titan charge a Tau fire warrior squad (with EMP grenades) the fire warriors blew it up with grenades but died to the blast (it only killed 2 in combat)

Dr.Clock
31-03-2010, 18:21
Carnifex chews through 7 sternguard+corbulo over three turns... lost 2 wounds in the process (my powerfist whiffing every time!... corbulo gets a couple rends).

devs with plasma-cannon and 2 ML open up and get a single wound... tactical HB misses entirely.

the rest of the devs fire their bolters... nothing.

The HB tactical has one bolter in range. One shot, one kill. One marine promoted.

Cheers,

The Good Doctor.

Eldoriath
31-03-2010, 18:30
A shieldrone succeeded to down the horrible bloodthirster in hand-to-drone fighting after it came smashing into the broadsides and wiping them out, but the drone took out the thirster before loosing command from the squad leader...

MegaPope
31-03-2010, 18:31
Three standard Chaos Space Marines nailed a fresh Khorne Daemon Prince (this was under Codex 3.5, so the Prince was an absolute beast and the CSMs had only 4 normal Attacks between them).

The Marines were the remnants of a squad that had already been badly mauled and were hunkered down in a building when they got charged.

I've never seen Frag Grenades pay for themselves so well, and likely never will again.

4 attacks
+
4 hits
+
4 wounds (on 6's!)
+
4 failed saves
=
1 dead Prince
+
2 speechless players

Bunnahabhain
31-03-2010, 18:33
Sniper duels.

Ratings vs Eldar Rangers.

With Farseer powers and Orders in force on both sides. He didn't have a decent target for the rangers, so shot at the Ratlings, who went ground, and lost a man, but they were ordered back up, and returned fire, killing some of them, and then it just got silly...

Both were still going by the time the game ended.

Ba'al Starslayer
31-03-2010, 18:38
I have two stories, both from the same tournament. 1k tournament, I was using DE.
First game 6 scarab bases attack a warrior squad, the Sybarite is the only one left. This lone Sybarite then manages to take on the Necron Lord and WIN (It didnt get back up either) and then finish off the Nightbringer in combat! (It had 2 wounds). The next game the same Sybarite shot an Eldar Avatar with it's pistol and takes off it's last wound!

My second story is, in the same tournament against Tau we were playing objectives. 3 on the field, at the end of the game I'd decimated his army, with only 1 Kroot Shaper left. He promptly sprinted towards his home objective (Occupied by a single Warrior with Splinter Cannon). The Shaper managed to whether the firepower of 2 Ravagers, 1 and a half warrior squads and a raider for THREE turns (We only REALLY played two before the game ended but we continued onwards after this looks like it could be fun). Due to the nature of the hill my lone warrior with SC was on, he couldn't see the Shaper until it emerged over the crest of the hill, at which point it was swiftly cut down by a swathe of toxin-laden shards of crystal!

Doppleskanger
31-03-2010, 18:43
Bloodthirster with two wounds left charges 5 of my sniper scouts. Who kill it. Weird dice that day!

Devastator
31-03-2010, 18:54
my ig vets walking under 3 turns of tau gunline fire and taking no wounds and flame his warriors+etherial and i think they beated 20 kroots too in hnh wtf
edit and my devastators shooting some gaunts behing them scatter ftw

Rydmend
31-03-2010, 19:03
Me shooting 2 vindicators at 2 seperate targets and having them scatter back and blow up 2 of my own vehicles including one of the vindicators.

dragonet111
31-03-2010, 19:29
Back in third edition a squad of 5 catachans kill several deathcompany marines without suffering any casualties.
More recently a single marine against a necron tomb spider finish the xenos in CC easily.
And the better, during one of my first game my chaplain survive to many heavy weapons (lascanon, multi-melta, missile-launcher, .....) and died when a commissar shoot him twice with its stormbolter.

lostandthedamned
31-03-2010, 19:49
Turn 4 of an objective based game, my Khornate Daemon Prince needs an extra 6" of movement to reach my opponents lines on the following turn, either I run and hope for the 6 or charge an immobilised rhino and blow it, no choice you'd think?
However as I'm only on 1 wound the inevitable happens. 6 on a penetrating hit, wounded and failed save.
Dead Daemon

SPYDER68
31-03-2010, 19:54
1 Wound hive tyrant Charged a weapon destoryed, immobilized rhino.

Explodes rhino

Tryant takes a wound

Tyrant dies.

and the game wasnt even for Victory points..

WodenMHC
31-03-2010, 20:09
Rhino tank-shocked an Ork Warboss contesting an objective, Warboss (with Klaw) elects a Death-or-Glory to keep contesting. Warboss easily penetrates Rhino's armor, rolls a 6, then a 1" explosion radius, I then roll a 6 to wound the Warboss, who fails his 'Eavy Armor save and loses his last wound.

eldaran
31-03-2010, 20:23
1. I've seen a charging 3.5 ed Chaos demon prince taken out by a squad of fire warriors, who then proceeded to take a charge from a chaos Lieutenant and kill him as well

2. a lone guard veteran sergeant take down a herald of Khorne, then knocks a wound or two off a bloodthirster before being killed.

3. my rhino killing a terminator squad in one game turn - they deep-struck right on top of it, with two left. the storm bolter then proceeded to take out the other two. I lol'd, and both me and my opponent were too busy laughing to concentrate on the rest of the game, so we called it a draw :D

Lactose The Intolerant
31-03-2010, 20:39
Fateweaver (unwounded) charges a few guardsmen sitting in a crater. One of them sticks a bayonet into his leg. Fateweaver gets scared and teleports away.

Also, one time back in 4th my Commissar killed a bloodthirster with his sword. He got a big shiny medal, and I now field him as a Commissar Lord.

LonelyPath
31-03-2010, 20:54
In turn 7 of a recent-ish game with Kill Points, it was leading to a draw and thought that Calgar was a worthy prize and fired everything I had at him, he remained on his feet with 1 wound remaining. In the assault phase the only model in range was a lone Termagant and decided to pile in, even if I lost it would've been a great, fun game for both of us. The result? I hit, wounded and my opponent failed his save, Calgar went down in the final moments and I scored a victory that I'd most certainly expected to be a defeat after that combat.

Still, it's a tradition with me to be able to take out calgar with Termagants. My first time doing it was in 2nd edition after Calgar took down 20 Genestealers in assault over 2 turns without getting hit once :(

MasterGideon
31-03-2010, 21:38
OK this was either 2nd or 3rd Edition, I think it was 2nd edition, but anyway.

Me and my arch rival were playing a game Dark Angels Vs Space Wolves, 1st Turn 1st shot by a lascannon from my tactical squad, blew up a predator who just happend to have Njal Stormcalled standing next to it, Rolled max on the damage result and the predator exploded catching Njal in the blast. Njal failed his save and died as a result, must have been the best "Double Tap" I have ever done.

My friend spent the next 15mins reading his space wolves codex trying to find a way to save him hahaha

MasterGideon

Brother Nidus
31-03-2010, 21:43
Ok... 3rd Edition, a Great Harlequin charged my Chaos space marine squad.

THREE turns later it's a Heavy bolter marine and the harlequin one on one.

One wound each, Great Harlequin goes in with it's 50 million attacks (i think it was 4 or 5? can't remember) fail ensues, not one blow lands true. Marine lifts his heavy bolter and POW!! boxcars on hit and wound, harlequin fails his save and falls to the ground killed by the absurdity of the blow rather than the wound.

The Extremly confused marine reloads his heavy bolter and strolls off into the horison/table edge.

The harlequins never returned to the table, the owner could not live with the shame...

Nidus

Freakiq
31-03-2010, 22:17
My opponent had a scout fire a Frag Missile, scatter and kill one of his own terminators.

Rusty Initate
31-03-2010, 22:26
My Powerfist guy from, a crusader Squad with my Emperors champ charging into 2 Eldar Warwalkers my Powerfist blew them both up and the Explosions killed my Emperors champ

MajorWesJanson
31-03-2010, 22:27
My vindicator fires on a mass of termigaunts sitting about 2-3 inches ahead of it. Shot scatters backwards, and ends up with the hole right behind the vindicators exhaust vents. Hit pens, and vindicator explodes. I had to justify it as the demolisher cannon misfiring.

Xyrex
31-03-2010, 22:54
4th ed.
My friend has a guard squad with a nade launcher, fires at the left squad, but scatters, and kills 2 ppl from the right squad. Must of tripped, or maybe he just decided to annoy the serg. by firing at the squad no one else in the squad was shooting.

Vaden
31-03-2010, 22:55
This one was recently mentioned in another thread, but is still probably the best luck I've ever had (about 1 in 1728 chances for it to happen, I believe). Space Wolves vs Orks, my ladz are getting hammered by lascannon spam and Thunderwolf Cavalry, so I hide everything behind a hill. His five man strong thunderwolf cav with a thunderwolf lord round the hill, with my entire army in sight. My only hope is my Lootas with a Big Mek holding a Shokk Attack Gun. Lootas fire, do nothing. Big Mek fires, rolls for weapon strength. Double 6s. Remove everything under the template, no saves at all, just remove them. !. I roll scatter, an arrow comes up, but I only roll a 3. Removes the Thunderwolf lord and all but one thunderwolf cav. The day is saved by a 95 point model killing 500 points of models, in his only shot of the game.

Xyrex
31-03-2010, 23:06
Saved or screwed? Orks taking over the planet tends to ruin one's day...

silverstone08
31-03-2010, 23:13
hmm not so much odd as a sheer showoff of its power.
was playing a custom apocalypse game with three baneblades and a load of leman russes against gazghulls boys and extra orks in trucks and they gotinto cc with one of the banebaldess and yeahp it wnet nuclear took out about 40 orks disabled a truck and destroyed 3 more and wounded another baneblade.

Drakon
01-04-2010, 01:04

hope he was promoted to nob status

Funniest one i had was 5 wolve terminators standing in a mine field and gaurdsmen in cc range, after moving to shoot and assault I lost 2 of them to land mines and then decided not to shoot so i could charge and have some fun. Assault round went for charge rolled 3 more ones :( all my termies got taken out be land mines :wtf: now i avoid them when im in terminator armour lol

noobzor
01-04-2010, 02:01
An embarrassing fail:
My farseer charges into combat against some scouts, kills them, then gets shot at by a second scout squad a level up. He takes 3 wounds and fails all three of his saves (I roll three 3's), dies, and leaves my dire avenger exarch to try to kill 5 scouts on his own. Yeah, right.

Killing a terminator (and saving me the game) with a shuriken cannon was pretty cool.

noobzilla
01-04-2010, 02:50
Had a fleeing unit of 3 Scouts turn around and with 3 BP shots, land 1 and wound a Chaos Terminator, who fails his 2+ save.

"My tummy hurts."

CushionRide
01-04-2010, 03:02
i pounded a blood thirster with lascannon after lascannon, then multi melta, after all the crap i loaded into it, it fell prey to 6 loan space marines rapid firing with bolters. :P

what i thought was cooler was my 2 tervigons with crushing claws killing a squad of chaos terminators. in hand to hand mind you
^_^

Xyrex
01-04-2010, 03:28
First turn of a game, I have devestators he has a lot of chaos marines/berzerkers. Single lascannon flies across the field and kills terminator lord. Most of his army is destroyed from H weapons fire on the first turn. The only 2 things he killed that game was my land speeder by a h bolter, and my ven. dread, which was locked in cc with a berzerker squad. When only the serg was left, he finally rolled a 6 to hit, pened, rolled a 6, i asked him to reroll and he got a 5. Next turn... 15 heavy weapons target 1 guy, i didnt even bother to fire....

Bestaltan
01-04-2010, 03:37
I've done the whole "laspistol to the face of the daemon prince" a couple of times. My favorite kill, though, happened in 4th edition.

Had what was left of my Marine command squad; a force commander, librarian, and chaplain. All three had melta bombs, so I figured heck with it, and assaulted the warhound titan in front of them. Planted all three bombs, and the sucker proceeded to go nuclear. When the mushroom cloud dissipated, my friend had lost his entire left flank from the warhound apocalyptic explosion and probably around 2000 points of models (it was a BIG apocalypse game).

The three amigos? Commander......makes his invulnerable save. Chaplain.......Makes his invulnerable save. Librarian.......Rolls a 1 to wound him.

Gorak
01-04-2010, 03:45
ok picture this 3rd ed, 3 player game. Me with my eldar friend with nids other friend with DA full ten man assualt squad charges a lone biovore, fails to hit/wound bivore chomps back 1 dead marine, fail ld test flees off table edge. My DA friend to this day has notused assualt squads to this day nearly 10 years ago now.

mooserehab86
01-04-2010, 03:46
I had a vindicare assassin that wiped out a unit of nurglings over several turns...in HtH.

saitani
01-04-2010, 03:53
I think i can beat you all in this:p

My shock attack gun in a apoc game he is in a unit of 15 lootas surounded by 15 grots and a warhound titan i target a unit of terminatorson the other side of the the table rolling you guessed it a double one i rolled 5inches on the explosion roll i killed all the lootas all the grots and taking out the titan that had 1 structure point left and it was on my side just yelling over the table to the titan owner i just kille your titan, The look i got back was just epic and 2 seconds later evryone burst's into laughter^^ best kill ever.

Omniassiah
01-04-2010, 04:04
I was on the receiving end of 10 dead termis to 10 grots... First casualties of the game too...

I surrendered... didn't want to see what the rest of the army was obviously packing

gojira316
01-04-2010, 04:18
Storm Bolter on my Drop Pod killed a fortuned Farseer on a Jetbike. That made me smile.

MetalGecko23
01-04-2010, 05:20
Had a buddy successfully deepstrike his chaos terminators behind my predator that was less then 12" from my own board edge. He gets with 4" with his deepstrike. Shoots my pred in the back with his reaper autocannon, pens, rolls a 6 blows it to pieces. Resulting explosion is 6" termies get caught 4 are wounded 3 were killed.
Lost my predator but gained a smile.

Hypaspist
01-04-2010, 08:31
My Dark Angel Company Master and his 5 Buddies jumped out of a razorback in an apocalypse game, and he throws a vortex grenade at a Chaos Baneblade.

The Vortex Grenades take all the baneblade structure points.
it goes apocalyptic
When the dust settlesfrom the ensuing blast both the Company Master and the Vets were not there... :shifty:

typical sneaky dark angels...

Close (but no banana) was my Scout Seargent who charged the Daemon Prince (of Tzeentch) that had minced the rest of his squad (who in turn had removed a few wounds from him)
The Daemon prince whiffed his rolls.
The Scout Seargeant caused wounds.
Saves were made.
The next round of combat wasn't so pretty...

biginbelgium
01-04-2010, 08:53
First game on the BOTC a couple of years ago. I go first... a roll of 1 means my dread goes into a fire frenzy. Luckily it has 2 close combat weapons and a simple combi bolter. It shoots at the closest target... my predator...at rear armor. You can guess, I hit, glance and destroy my own predator. With a bolter!!:mad:

MetalGecko23
01-04-2010, 09:00
Forgot the game I played at a GW that was a team battle with special rules.
The bad guys (chaos and 1 DE) got to have a daemon prince that had super rules and the good guys (space marines) got to take a free psyker, no matter what form it took (it was a bunch of librarians).

Well the daemon had his stats boosted to the level that he was str 10 and had 10 attacks was a flyer with 6 wounds and was a MC. Furthermore you could only kill him with a psyker.

With all that awesome I managed to tie the thing up in hand to hand with a bare bones dreadnought for over 3 turns. If it wasn't for that fact that the dreadnought couldn't kill him I would of actually killed it. In the end it allowed our psykers (rolling as a huge squad) to walk up and one shot their super daemon prince...it was funny.

Bra'tac
01-04-2010, 09:21
Previous edition (chaos) doubles tournament SM/CSM vs. Nids/Nids

My 3 man squad of Oblits, take out 75% of opponents nid army, mostly Gaunts and Steelers.

Same tournament

SM/CSM vs Guard/Witch Hunters

Guard player deploys his Leman Russ inside a ruin, WH player deploys his immolator behind it, (only way out, the Russ must move) Oblit immobilized the russ in turn one...and the other oblits take out battlecanon and right sponson. The Russ just sat their blocking the way with the left sponson a heavy bolter with nothing to fire at...(not a kill but very funny)

Same battle 5 man assault terminator squad assaults a 10 man guard squad carrying nothing put lasguns.... 4 terminators die, and only 1 guardsmen dies.. next round that one terminator killed the remaining guard. Evades every single lasshot,mortar,cannon fired at him while he walks to the immolator rips it and dies in the explosion.

Another doubles tournament, Im playing Ork/SM Vs Tau/CSM
10 nobz assault a greater daemon and Nurgle Daemon prince and die.

Next Turn the nobz Dedicated Battlewagon Revenges the fallen by flattening the greater daemon with it's deff rolla, turns around in the next turn, and runs over taking all but 1 wound from the Daemon prince.
Tau player decides that the Battlewagon is killing to much, shoots it with his Hammerhead in the side, explosion kills daemon prince.
Battlewagon was rebuild and got a new paint job:chrome:

Unfortunately that battle the only effective ork was the battlewagon, my boys and nobz even my warboss just died by looking at them.
I failed like 95% of my saves....But I rolled very high with the battlewagon thundering accross the table...:wtf:

Aren't dice just lovely?

the1stpip
01-04-2010, 09:40
The weirdest kill was my mates Ork Looted Wagon, knowing he was out of range of my Land Raider (first turn so we were 24" apart) instead fired at my Rhino close by.

The shot scattered on to my Land Raider, immobilising it, and forcing my Termies to walk across the battlefield.

SandQueen
01-04-2010, 09:50
The "boolit curve" as it shall forever be known in my group:

Playing in a team game, I'm helping a friend of mine who is starting Tau. She took a Airbursting frag launcher on her HQ. She went to the other table to move stuff and then we got to shooting. I casually ask her "What do you want this to shoot at?".

She responds "I dont know, you pick." I didnt knock her for it, it was maybe her third game. So I see one of my husband's platoon command squads out in the open and opt to shoot at it. I measure everything out and then grab some dice to roll for scatter. Now the command squad is standing beside this row of buildings and an impassable concrete wall. I roll scatter and get the maximum distance straight to their left. I measure it out and apparently the blast hooked around the wall, went through two buildings, and blew the leg off of a sentinel.

Apparently her commander took shooting lessons from Angelina Jolie in Wanted.

Promethius
01-04-2010, 10:13
Had what was left of my Marine command squad; a force commander, librarian, and chaplain. All three had melta bombs, so I figured heck with it, and assaulted the warhound titan in front of them. Planted all three bombs, and the sucker proceeded to go nuclear. When the mushroom cloud dissipated, my friend had lost his entire left flank from the warhound apocalyptic explosion and probably around 2000 points of models (it was a BIG apocalypse game).

The three amigos? Commander......makes his invulnerable save. Chaplain.......Makes his invulnerable save. Librarian.......Rolls a 1 to wound him.

Awesome. Reminds me of the Bloodquest comic strip for some reason (man, I wish they'd put in some character from there into the new BA book!).

Thanatos_elNyx
01-04-2010, 11:43
1 Eldar guardian, wins combat against 3 Tau Broadsides, they break and flee, he ran them down!

AFnord
01-04-2010, 12:41
3rd edition. Both sides are down to next to nothing, I have a dread left, and my opponent has 1 DC marine & a few fleeing scouts. My dread has just finished of a unit of marines in close combat, and stands on an objective. The lone DC marine runs in behind my dread, shoots one shot at it's back (at almost exactly 12" range!). Hit. Glance. Destroyed.

Nocculum
01-04-2010, 12:49
We were playing with customised rules for climbing terrain and scaling buildings, and on turn two, a Hive Tyrent with Flesh Hooks assailed a large tower and decided, for some reason, to remain half way up, one hand on a gargoyle and looking over it's shoulder all menacing like...

It shot half a marine squad up in the building, then promptly failed it's end of turn initiative test, fell off the building, and failed to get up again.

I have not laughed so much since the same thing happened to my veteran Skaven Assassin in Mordheim (he had to retire by the time I'd finished with him...both legs off, one arm, one eye, no tail...)

Hashmal
01-04-2010, 20:39
Recently? Soul Grinder charges a squad of Storm Guardians. Warlock goes first, scores one penetrating hit and lops a close combat weapon off. Soul Grinder fluffs his remaining attacks. Next round, Warlock scores one hit, does a spin move, and wrecks the Grinder.

Definitely not what I'd expected charging into that squad...

Gaargod
01-04-2010, 21:30
Rhino tank-shocked an Ork Warboss contesting an objective, Warboss (with Klaw) elects a Death-or-Glory to keep contesting. Warboss easily penetrates Rhino's armor, rolls a 6, then a 1" explosion radius, I then roll a 6 to wound the Warboss, who fails his 'Eavy Armor save and loses his last wound.

Win.

The "boolit curve" as it shall forever be known in my group:

Playing in a team game, I'm helping a friend of mine who is starting Tau. She took a Airbursting frag launcher on her HQ. She went to the other table to move stuff and then we got to shooting. I casually ask her "What do you want this to shoot at?".

She responds "I dont know, you pick." I didnt knock her for it, it was maybe her third game. So I see one of my husband's platoon command squads out in the open and opt to shoot at it. I measure everything out and then grab some dice to roll for scatter. Now the command squad is standing beside this row of buildings and an impassable concrete wall. I roll scatter and get the maximum distance straight to their left. I measure it out and apparently the blast hooked around the wall, went through two buildings, and blew the leg off of a sentinel.

Apparently her commander took shooting lessons from Angelina Jolie in Wanted.

Hehe. I just watched that film, so that amuses me greatly.

4th ed nids versus 4th ed mech eldar (with 5th ed rules :D ). Eldar have deployed in a bunker shape, to minimise casulties from shooting.
Carnifex fires his barbed strangler at wave serpent as he has nothing to shoot at. Immobilises it.
His friend carnifex does the same.
The other carnifex oneshots his farseer on jetbike.

They were happy fexes. Needless to say, i won that game.

Pikamina
01-04-2010, 22:29
My wounded trygon got charged by 9 dire avengers today.
He took three wounds, I failed all saves, and that was that.

Kalishnikov-47
01-04-2010, 22:35
In 4th Edition I had a whole squad of Vostroyan guardsmen taken down by bolters except for the Sergeant. The Sergeant passes his Last Man Standing check. He then moves into the 5 man bolter unit charges, the unit. He kills 4 of the bolter men leaving the champ with a fist. The Champ misses and passes his morale check

My turn again, I swing, one hit, one wound, the fist champ goes down before swingin from a shank to the eye. So then I consolidate into the Havocs who were 4 inches behind him and tie them up until the last turn of them game when they finally kill him after having only 4 members left of the originally 8 man strong Havoc team.

He became a JO on the spot. Since then he hasnt hit a damn thing since.

He got demoted. Played a game against Loyalists. He gets into combat with just a Sergeant with a PF and two other men. He now has a PW he swings, hits with 3 wounds with three and kills the squad.

After that...he hit nothing. He then went on to fight with a wet paper bag on his head for the rest of the time I ever used him. I loved that little furry bastard. *sniffle*

LordStyx
01-04-2010, 22:36
Gretchins that got lycky at shooting Grey knight terminators =P took down 5 of then in a burst of pebbles and stuff from 10 gretchins.
lucky shots
:D

slave child
01-04-2010, 22:59
I had a couple moments like that.

1. I had kharn the betrayer destroy a land raider redeemer, 5 th/ss termies, and vulcan within three player turns. (kharn took no wounds)

2. back in 4th edition i had azreal charge a venerable dreadnaught and destroy it. (this happened on three seperate occasions.

3. i had kharn get charged by ragnar and ragnar got +3 attacks but kharn killed him doing 5 wounds and he himself not getting wounded at all.

4. i had scout snipers for my dark angels outflack cause i couldnt find them a good deployment spot during deployment. So when they outflanked there was a leman russ on the side i rolled to walk on at. So i charged it and destroyed it with crack grandes. If you think about it that doesn't sound like what scout snipers are supposed to do.

5. back when i played catachans i had a squad of guardsman shoot at typhus and they killed him with lasguns. (typhus had full wounds mind you)

there are probably a lot more but these are just off the top of my head.

Otterpot
01-04-2010, 23:03
Weirdest ever was when my 10 man tac. squad gets whittled down to 6 men by 3 attack bikes. Return no succesful fire. Next turn the bikes charge the squad. All bikes destroyed with no casualities taken.

Dr.Mercury
01-04-2010, 23:18
I had an eldar guardian kill a carnifex once.
Fex is charging in, has one wound left from my shooting, I only hit with one guardian, but wounded, and he failed his save....poke...

The worst I have ever suffered was in 3rd ed cityfight, I was playing my marines against tyranids, and dark eldar.
Tyrant and his guard charge into my terminators, kill all but the sarge. He proceeds to kill two tyrant guard and a tyrant without dying. (lots of 5+ saves)
Later the same terminator shoots up the remainder of a mandrake squad, leaving one survivor. The last mandrake charges and kills my terminator.

alterade
01-04-2010, 23:25
I was at the receiving end of an vindicator who hit my th/ss termis and all 5 + a power claw captain died .
And Kharn killed a full 10 man tac sqaud with fist , 5 ass marines + pw , and killed him self by firing with his plasma pistol

idontcare878
01-04-2010, 23:44
in 4th ed i had one guard Sargent take on 750pts of tau including their HQ

mightymconeshot
02-04-2010, 00:05
My worst was i was playing dark eldaer yesterday. Everyone one of my squads failed leadership and ran except for the one raider squad that had yet to arrive. They all failed due to the raider blowing up to. My friend didnt shoot a single squad.

Brother Alexos
02-04-2010, 01:21
Two grots without a Runtherd beat a squad of five space marines in close combat.... They were promoted.

barrangas
02-04-2010, 03:11
A lone havoc with a missile launcher gets charged by a Hive Tyrrant with 2 wounds. The Havoc won.

Xyrex
02-04-2010, 04:00
So you guys are promoting people who do amazing feets? I like that idea...
So is it like if a SM sergeant kills a carnifax with a bolter he becomes a captain, or is it just you modeling them with more medals?

tezdal
02-04-2010, 04:03
Every miniature I own has killed an avatar at least once.

Alessander
02-04-2010, 04:04
3rd ed: A Dark Angels vindicator fired at my Fire Dragons that were sitting right in front of it. The shot scattered back into the Vindicator, leading to a 6 on the Ordnance Chart.

3rd edition, enemy had 2 bunker objectives, and my marines were doing very poorly. Final turn, and my last reserve, a land raider, rolls on the table. It takes out both bunkers with the lascannonsm, annihilating everyone in both bunkers, winning me the game. Niice.

ThePrecious
02-04-2010, 04:21
I had a commissar with a bolt pistol shoot an eldar walker, hits, rolls a six to glance, then rolls another six that combines with open topped to destroy the walker, my friend was furious.

I like to imagine the lone commissar standing and placing a bolt right through the glass front and exploding the eldar drivers head!

Gandair
02-04-2010, 07:55
6 rhinos, firing 6 storm bolters, the newly assembled and at the time unwounded trygon died just after deepstriking into play on turn 3.

Haven't used the damn thing since. You can see it from anywhere on the table and it's apparantly allergic to storm bolters. Looks amazing tho.

Edit: forgot my favorite, in 5th edition 20 genestealers assaulting a land raider and glancing it to death. It was endlessly absurd. The genies killed some of the terminators, but that combat didn't end before the game did. It looked like the terminators were slowly winning.

EldritchRaider
02-04-2010, 09:38
This miracle kid got one in on me. I was borrowing some Chaos from my friend, and this kid drives two guardian squads and a ranger squad upto the frontline to do battle with Kharn and Abaddon so I'm like fine.
When it came to his rangers somehow he got an extremely lucky couple of rolls and I got a lot of BAD rolls and in the end Kharn slew the last ranger over the corpse of abaddon.

Kylis
02-04-2010, 09:58
Best kill was my Dreadnought which killed Avatar and Wraithlord in close combat :). Avatar had two wounds left and Wraithlord had its full wounds an I charged to the Avatar and Wraithlord and Avatar missed its all attacks and I wounded wraithlord twice and Wraith lord missed all attacks except one which didn't do anything. So I won the combat by 2 and both monsters took 2 fearless wounds and those killed them both.

ehlijen
02-04-2010, 11:18
Basilisk shoots deathcompany.
Misses.
Deathcompany charges basilisk.
Explodes.
8 Deathcompany die...

Whistler
02-04-2010, 11:37
Imperial Guard Missile Launcher Team in previous army Codex shoot and take the 2 remainig wounds off a Chaos Warhound Titan, roll 6 on all the damage tables, Warhound goes Nuclear and takes the rest of the Chaos army with him(i don't remember the excact range of the explosion...). This was turn three, so it was the shortest Apoc i ever had. Oh and the ML Team survived because they were inside a bunker :D.

Logarithm Udgaur
02-04-2010, 13:06
Back in 4thEd my brother used to run an Inquisitor Lord with "Divine Pronouncement," a psychic power that made you roll a D6 and add Ld against the Inquisitor (Ld10), and then take a panic test modified by how much the Inquisitor won by. As I played LatD at the time, my average Ld was about 7, so he had me running at the slightest provocation. Until the time his Inquisitor rolled "Perils of the Warp" and killed herself (S6 perils vs. T3 Inquisitor=Instant death). I couldn't stop laughing about it for the rest of the battle.

The next time we played, I brought it up when he went for the same tactic again, and she rolled "Perils of the Warp" again, sucking her soul into the immaterium. Khorne was well pleased.

lowmanjason
02-04-2010, 16:22
I have two stories, both from the same tournament. 1k tournament, I was using DE.
First game 6 scarab bases attack a warrior squad, the Sybarite is the only one left. This lone Sybarite then manages to take on the Necron Lord and WIN (It didnt get back up either) and then finish off the Nightbringer in combat! (It had 2 wounds). The next game the same Sybarite shot an Eldar Avatar with it's pistol and takes off it's last wound!

I dont know much about DE but how can he (S3) even wound the (T8) Nightbringer? Just so I know next time I play against them!

Logarithm Udgaur
02-04-2010, 16:52
Combat Drugs. And people would have us believe drugs are bad for us.

lowmanjason
02-04-2010, 17:26
Combat Drugs. And people would have us believe drugs are bad for us.

what do combat drugs do?

Logarithm Udgaur
02-04-2010, 17:40
IIRC you can up your A, I, S, and/or WS as high as you want, but you have to roll a die for each +1 and if any of the dice are the same number you take a wound. So say you wanted +2S and +1I, you would roll three dice. If you roll doubles on any of them you take 1 wound, if you roll triples you take two wounds. I expect they will disappear in favor of something else that is billed as "speeding up gameplay" (remember how much wound allocation speeds up your games? neither do I) if the DE ever get a new Codex.

Bilmengar
02-04-2010, 17:50
I once had, back in 3rd edition, one of my russes at the recieving end of an enemy plasma pistol to the side armour. Boom goes the russ. taught me to ignore lone SM Chars. And started a seriuos hate of vehicles on my side, from which I still haven't recovered...

Another one that I watched: An imperial assassin (can't remember which one) hacked through almost a complete tau army, only to be shot by a lone firewarrior falling back.

Or a tyrant shot in a single volley from an eldar ranger squad. Rending ftw.
(in the same game, the tyranid-player made the mistake to infiltrate his genestealers next to the enemy table edge in dawn of war - both squads were bladestormed by arriving Dire Avengers in tun two. must have been one of the quickest matches I have seen so far...)

My open-topped sentinels have so far killed more stealers through exploding than shooting. Might strap some big explosives on them one day...

Bunnahabhain
02-04-2010, 17:53
So you guys are promoting people who do amazing feets? I like that idea...
So is it like if a SM sergeant kills a carnifax with a bolter he becomes a captain, or is it just you modeling them with more medals?

I had, back in 4th ed, and using the 3rd ed codex, an IG officer. His weapons? A pair of binoculars, a swagger stick, and a holstered laspistol, ie the minimum possible equipment.

He took out a fully tooled out loony Khornate CSM champion of some kind. The kind, that back in 4th ed would happily kill most of a Guard squad on his own, run the rest down, and consolidate into anther unit, even without a squad of bezerkers.

Firepower brought down the berserkers, but the Officer dropped the bloodthirsty CSM in close combat. Close Combat!

So he got his swagger stick turned into a ''Power pointy stick of Doooom!'' by the armourer, and a chestful of medals, which in the last codex were an option, that actually did something as well. One of them, the Honourific Imperialis, was the equivalent of a field promotion...

Of course, that was back when we had options, and an armoury...

rodmillard
03-04-2010, 07:22
I once had a Khornate Daemon prince hack through an entire tactical squad except the ML guy, who promptly clubbed it over the head with his weapon and took its last wound. Feeling he deserved some recognition for this, I modelled up a cyclone terminator...

Orktavius
03-04-2010, 07:36
Best one I've seen happened to a friend. His Grey knight terminators lost combat to a vanilla imperial guard squad under the old codex and were wiped out to a man having.

Born Again
03-04-2010, 14:53
OK, just played a game with some amusing stuff in it, including a pretty entertaining kill.

Orks vs. Space Wolves. I had a trukk which was all done dumping it's cargo of Nobz up close and personal, but had gotten it's big shoota blown off in the process. What to do with it now? Well, it gunned it's engines and plowed straight through a pack of Grey Hunters, tank shocking them with it's reinforced ram. They fell back, and regrouped thanks to ATSKNF. They decided to ignore it in their turn, shooting at the Nobz it had dropped off instead, so in my next turn it went in to reverse and plowed through the same squad again, as well as a second squad of Grey Hunters nearby. The sergeant in the second squad, which passed it's Ld check, stepped forward for a Death or Glory attack and busted it right open. Thanks to the Trukk's Ramshackle rule, it careened of and exploded in the midst of the first squad, killing two of them. Highly entertaining orky fun.

It wasn't a kill, but on the subject of Orky fun, the same game saw my mob of 20 Slugga boyz effectively removed from the game on the first turn when the Weirdboy with them rolled an 'Ere We Go psychic power, and the resultant Deep Strike mishap left them way off in the far corner of board. That is the joy of orks, though, all in good fun. WAAAGH!

Ignatum
04-04-2010, 06:43
Playing in an Apocalypse game, part of our board has Scabbathrax uncomfortably close. So we fire quite a bit at it, including Plasma Blastguns, a bunch of lascannons, and a baneblade's arsenal. In the end, it was one of the heavy bolter sponsons on the baneblade that killed it.

Exitas-Acta-Probat
04-04-2010, 12:51
long time ago now, i was playing dark eldar in a sustained attack against some loyal marines. i was the attacker and after six turns we just stopped. i hadnt killed a single marine and had lost my entire force about three times over :(
my second would be when a ten man squad of black templars with an emperors champion was forced to leg it all the way across the board toward a tau gun line. only the champion suvived the charge but he then went on to take out the entire fire warrior squad on his own.

Devastator
04-04-2010, 12:59
in apoc kharn killed An'ggrath,50 zerkers,3 land raiders and those were on his side
in the same game he sweeped 100 guardsmen

Sorros
04-04-2010, 15:19
Opponent fired a vindicator cannon, scattered and killed 2 of his own terminators. Eldrad killed himself after peril-of-the-warping himself multiple times.

Aiwass
04-04-2010, 17:01
in apoc kharn killed An'ggrath,50 zerkers,3 land raiders and those were on his side
in the same game he sweeped 100 guardsmen

I really love this guy.

Primarch-Pyre
04-04-2010, 18:02
mine actually goes to my little brother he fired a missile at my vanguard and it scattered 9 inches into my scout that was other side of a hill

Gimp
04-04-2010, 18:12
Just the other day a large unit of Fire Dragons came within meltagun range og my Landraider Redeamer. They all missed and then the very suprised Fire Dragons were torched the next turn.

Xyrex
07-04-2010, 04:19
Just today I played a game.
My vindicare assassin shot an ironclad dread, blowing himself sky high after eliminatine 500 point's worth of marines. Same game, my Sm captain, who was reduced to 1 wound assaulted a predator and blew it... along with himself up. And the funny thing is that those two killed around 2000 points of marines. Together they were worth around 350 points. They destroyed the whole enemy army except a dreadnought and a chaos lord... BECAUSE THEY DIED TO EXPLODING VEHICLES! I still can't stop laughing. It's in the battle report section.

AngryAngel
07-04-2010, 04:30
Hmmm, the most recent. I had 3 armored Sentinels with AC's sitting back popping some MC's from afar. Some Genestealers outflank, manage a 6 fleet role and assault them. I go "It's still Av 12 buddy lets see what happens. " Well out of this 9 man squad on the assault they pen them exactly 3 times. Each result is explodes. So I think "well thats something, die not invain my walkers !!! " With distance rolled for them all, I get them all with all 3 explosions.

I roll to wound get around 18 wounds, which is lucky I know. Then, he makes his 5+ saves. Makes them all.

At this point I'm like WTF ??? This is some bullcrap. Worry not dear guard readers. On my turn, I have one standard russ pivot is cannon around and fire off a round. Lands right on target, wounds with all. The stealers, thinking themselves invincable, go to ground. Make not one save.

Really a round with those units that just made me shake my head and remind me, anything can happen in a game of warhammer.

alexander_kalishnikov
10-04-2010, 12:04
eversor bio meltdown destoyed a warlord titan.

top that, the warlord blew up with epic proportions and wiped out 4500 pts of enemy forces (we where playing apocalypse)

included in the casulties

2 baneblades, 4 valkyries, and 6 leman russes plus 300 guardsmen.

Aiwass
10-04-2010, 14:14
This Eversor really worths it!

Wolf Lord Balrog
10-04-2010, 19:38
Once had a unit of 6 Tau Gun Drones wipe out a unit of 5 SM Terminators in melee. Funniest thing I've ever seen in 40k.

Brother Alexos
10-04-2010, 19:44
First game with Catachans, and my only Gaurdsmen left had only a Lasgun and some meltabombs. I went into a round and killed the rest of a squad of Pathfinders, earning one more killpoint then the other guy, I then went into CC with a devilfish, and killed that, then went over and smashed apart a Tau Bunker, revealing a now two-man squad (I had killed the rest of the squad with a flamer three turns earlier.)

Everything died on my side during turn two, except the one guy, he proceeded to kill the two-man squad, and earned me victory. During turn one my Basilisks and Tanks had decimated him, but he made a counter-charge at me. I actually won, and with only one Guardsmen left. I had only used a CCS and a few Vet squads.

the_gobbo_king
10-04-2010, 23:58
My weirdboy suffering Perils of the Warp two times in the first three turns... :cries:

kraken
11-04-2010, 00:19
I saw a game today my friends were playing, Guardsman marbo turns up turn three well within range of one guys last blood angel squad,

preps his det charge , and promptly manages to scatter the template back towards himself with the hole directly over his own head , BOOm SpLaT !!

I'll quote my friend here "moments like these are why we play 40k" , the lulz .....

Something else that springs to mind , In an eldar versus eldar deathmatch at the local club my unit of six rangers killed two wraithlord with only two rounds of shooting !! epic

Runes of warding have given me some lolkills too.....

barrangas
11-04-2010, 00:20
This was a Looney Toons Moment with CSM 3.5: A squad with an Asp. Champ. with Daemonic Strength and Furious Charge for the Unit, charge a Land Raider screening a Vindicator. I pop the land raider causing it to explode 6", killing 4 of my CSM and left them standing their with a Vindicator. Guess what happened next.

LonelyPath
11-04-2010, 00:50
In 2nd edition with a lone Termagant taking out Marneus Calgar in CC.

Phoenixrising
11-04-2010, 09:17
Archon with punisher, jetbike, shadowfield, drugs and no wounds charges a lone broadside, he whiffs his attacks and the battlesuits attack hits, I roll a one for his 2+ invul and he's instagibbed.

Last night my wraithlord is assaulted by a whole horde of scything gaunts with toxin sacks. Take nine wounds, make all the 3+ saves and kill one in return. They fail LD (outside synapse) and I sweep em! I thought that lord was a gonner for sure.

Always amusing is the look on your opponents face when you tell them the three 6's you rolled to wound with your wraithcannon against his 3 wound raveners kill's three outright. (same game)

Logan_uc
11-04-2010, 17:22
codex CSM 3.5, a unit of plague marines with nurgle's rot, 6 SW termis under 6", shooting fase, roll 6 6's for the rot, than he rolls 6 1's for saves, e froze and i laugh...

11-04-2010, 17:27
i had a Spore Pod shoot into the back off my Soul Grinder which he hit on BS2. Penetrated it at S6 on rear armor 11, then it exploded killing 6 Bloodletters.