PDA

View Full Version : H.E. - Where is Prince Imrik in the Codex!??!

JayC707
01-04-2010, 03:28
Hey Guys,

Why isn't Prince Imrik in the 7th ed. book? Is he not legal to play anymore? What are his special skills / weapons / abilities???

I'm interested!

Jason

EDIT: Infact I see a lot of old heroes / lords now... whats up guys?

Trajan?

Alarielle?

Elhadris?

Hynoran?

ChaosVC
01-04-2010, 04:38
Prince Imrik is in the space marine codex for ultra blue but not so blue codex of DOOM!

phoenixcrh
01-04-2010, 04:48
Prince, star lance, armour of caledor, dragon horn, star dragon = 610.

And hey presto you've prince imrik just like the old 6th edition book :)

JayC707
01-04-2010, 05:10
I see.

And all the others!??!

Condottiere
01-04-2010, 07:12
Alarielle hasn't been updated yet, the rest I'm unfamiliar with. Closest might be the Archmage with the Robe and Talisman that makes him invulnerable to both magic and normal weapons.

Ultimate Life Form
01-04-2010, 09:48
GW is currently dropping the veterans in favor of bland run-of-the-mill nobodies.

cyberspite
01-04-2010, 10:04
I wouldn't hold your breath for alarielle, I'm sure one of the designers at GW said they saw her more as the spiritual leader of the elves and a bit of a pacifist. She wouldn't be seen anywhere near a battle and would be too valuable to risk losing anyway.

Condottiere
01-04-2010, 10:12
She could always be the HE Isabella - she drops dead and Tyrion goes berserk.

Dai-Mongar
01-04-2010, 11:00
I wouldn't hold your breath for alarielle, I'm sure one of the designers at GW said they saw her more as the spiritual leader of the elves and a bit of a pacifist. She wouldn't be seen anywhere near a battle and would be too valuable to risk losing anyway.

So it would be kind of like dragging the Pope into battle, then.
Waitaminute... Battle Pope... that could be awesome. :shifty:

Malice&Mizery
01-04-2010, 11:31
So it would be kind of like dragging the Pope into battle, then.
Waitaminute... Battle Pope... that could be awesome. :shifty:

They could have him ride on top of some kind of wheeled altar, I think we're onto something here. :angel:

rodmillard
01-04-2010, 11:36
So good, you named it twice

Dark14
01-04-2010, 19:10
Most old characters are gone or demoted in favor of new ones with lame fluff who magicly appeared like Caradryn. Still cant believe Malus and Luthar Huss are heros and Alith anar gets to be stronger. Mabey next edition since we are warhammer 40k mark 2 it looks like we get only 1 level of characters.

enyoss
02-04-2010, 00:26
Most old characters are gone or demoted in favor of new ones with lame fluff who magicly appeared like Caradryn. Still cant believe Malus and Luthar Huss are heros and Alith anar gets to be stronger. Mabey next edition since we are warhammer 40k mark 2 it looks like we get only 1 level of characters.

In all fairness, Caradryan, Korhil and Alith Anar have been around from circa 1998, so are hardly `new'. If you wanted to stick with just the Special Characters from the first Warhammer Armies High Elves you'd only have Tyrion, Teclis and Eltharion.

Although her old model was pretty good, Alarielle should really stay in the background rather than being on the front line. I mean, we don't send the Queen over to Afghanistan, do we? I would like to see a return of Balanear though, and that would probably please players who miss Eltharion's swordmaster incarnation too.

EDIT: To prevent being April Fooled, my default for today is not to comment much on stuff which could seem made up ;). That said though, I've never even heard of any of those other names you've got there Jason. They're not from Warhammer High Elves; where on Earth did you get them?!

JayC707
02-04-2010, 01:09
I found them on some old website which stated who they were, their abilities, etc. I'll try to dig it up again.

Edit: Here it is:

http://www.knightwire.com/gw/he/5_special_characters.html

BigbyWolf
02-04-2010, 01:38
I'm not sure that all of them are real, they could just be fan-made. The fact that they all have Speed of Asyurian (which I believe they only got this edition) and some have ward saves and MR, which are also fairly recent (and by recent I mean weren't around when I started playing), coupled with the fact that I haven't heard of them makes me think this might be the case.

That being said, I've not commanded High Elves since 4 or 5th edition, so may be wrong...

brendel
02-04-2010, 02:10
I'm not sure that all of them are real, they could just be fan-made.

I think this is wright, there is a mix of rules there.

enyoss
02-04-2010, 02:40
I found them on some old website which stated who they were, their abilities, etc. I'll try to dig it up again.

Edit: Here it is:

http://www.knightwire.com/gw/he/5_special_characters.html

Yeah, Trajan and all the others you haven't heard of are fan made characters. I thought you were pulling my leg for a minute there :D.

Mmm, I'm not too keen on some of those rewritten rules either. Does Tyrion need to be any harder to kill than he is already?

Condottiere
02-04-2010, 05:24
The last three are termed Mage Captains, which I think means they were made up - the others seem to have been adapted to the 7th Edition.

rodmillard
02-04-2010, 05:54
The mage captains are new (he says as much in the notes, as he's giving archetypes that aren't in the HE book). He's also referencing his own special rules "The glittering host" and the "noble of...". Looks like he (she?)'s put some effort into the army list, but I think he's tried to bump HE up to the power level of the top tier armies - which is the wrong way around IMO.

JayC707
02-04-2010, 22:15
I see, I see... thanks for clarification guys.