PDA

View Full Version : Liber Chaotica Hardback.

Lord Setra
24-05-2005, 21:03
Well just seen this tonight. Must say this book rules. For only 30 ($50 US) you get all 4 liber chaotica books and the undivided one as well. Recommend this to anyone and also this book has a hell of a lot of background for the chaos or fluff nuts.

neXus6
24-05-2005, 22:11
Yeah I read about it on the BL website a couple of months back and I saw it a week ago.
It is certainly well worth the 30 price tag.
I'll be getting myself one.

Fat Bastard
25-05-2005, 05:19
Just bought it. It's great! Buy it!

Drabant
25-05-2005, 07:42
Is it available at GW stores now?

Fusion
25-05-2005, 08:08
I was always tempted by the individual Liber Chaotica books, but never had enough cash to justify the money spent on each one (you gotta have each one!).

Anyway, I still don't have the money, or the inclination to buy the individual books, but I most certainly will be putting a bit of cash away for this edition.

Mmmmm....chaotic goodness.

I assume it will be available in GW eventually, even if it is released as a mail-order only thing in the begining.

Pertinax
25-05-2005, 08:18
How much is "not included elsewhere"?

Lord Setra
25-05-2005, 10:09
The book will be available from this Saturday, so plenty of time to empty the bank account :D

tzeentchgiant
25-05-2005, 10:30
Is this book limited edition like the other ones? I got the impression that it wasn't, but I may be wrong, for me it's a choice of spending all my money or buying a DVD and waiting till I have the XS cash.

TG

Lord Setra
25-05-2005, 18:48
I think that it could be a limtied amount made but not speacil edition.

Avian
25-05-2005, 19:08
Hrmf, I've bought one and my brother bought one of the others. Guess I won't by the collected version.

twisted_mentat
26-05-2005, 05:51
I asked them to bring one of these in for me, but the Local GW never got it...maybe because it was delayed....

I'll have to as them about that again...

skavenguy13
26-05-2005, 21:11
Do you know if I can order one from Canada? And would there be shipping fee or something? As only the books would cost like 75$

Brandir
26-05-2005, 22:20
Thats good info Lord Setra. I was going to but two of the softback ones this morning (background reading for my forthcoming WFRP campaign). But I shall now wait and but the collected version. The money I save will be spent on more minis I will never get around to painting ....

anarchistica
26-05-2005, 23:20
I wonder though, will it have everything from the 4 Liberi? All the text and art? It would surprise me. And also **** me off because i got all 4...

MvS spoke about this before P died, i wish he'd show help us out here (he is registered, just has no posts).

Brandir
27-05-2005, 08:06
Just read the ad in WD306 (UK):

Liber Chaotica Complete:
At last, the full, terrifying secrets of Chaos have finally been laid bare! Liber Chaotica Complete is a monstrous 416-page hardback tome which compiles the first four books of Liber Chaotica: Khorne, Slaanesh, Nurgle and Tzeentch. Also included is Liber Chaotica: Undivided, containing never before seen material on this aspect of Chaos. 30

Brandir
27-05-2005, 16:58
Bought it this afternoon.

It is a beautiful book and does contain all the seperate volumes info as well as a new volume on Chaos Undivided.

Superb and well worth 30.00

Lapsed Pacifist
27-05-2005, 18:19
I got mine from play a couple of days ago (pre-ordered about two months previous) you can still get it on there website for 22.99 delivered ;)

linky (http://www.play.com/play247.asp?pa=srmr&page=title&r=BOOK&title=599490)

Crube
27-05-2005, 18:25
May have to go out and obtain a copy...

Was looking at the LTD Ed versions when they came out, but decided against it - feel a bit daft now with them seling on eBay for 75 a time - more than enough to buy the compilation version :-)

Brandir
27-05-2005, 18:38
I got mine from play a couple of days ago (pre-ordered about two months previous) you can still get it on there website for 22.99 delivered ;)

linky (http://www.play.com/play247.asp?pa=srmr&page=title&r=BOOK&title=599490)

Many thanks for the info.

I've now pre-ordered a few books at some 23% discount and free delivery!

Kjell
27-05-2005, 20:24
Oooh, I would really like this book... I don't have any of the regular volumes and even if I only really wanted the one for Tzeentch I wouldn't mind getting them all in one fell swoop. Now I only have to find it at a point in time where I have the money to spare...

Lord Setra
27-05-2005, 23:33
Thats good info Lord Setra. I was going to but two of the softback ones this morning (background reading for my forthcoming WFRP campaign). But I shall now wait and but the collected version. The money I save will be spent on more minis I will never get around to painting ....

No problem mate, its what im here for. ;)

I will be buying this book tomorrow, then laminating its pages to prevent my drool from ruining the pages. :D

skavenguy13
28-05-2005, 01:32
Do you have any idea how I can get one here in Canada? (Quebec to be more precise).
There's a store nearby but I can't afford to go to Ottawa or something.

neXus6
28-05-2005, 01:38
You'll probably be able to mail order it to your house. I don't see why that wouldn't be possible.
Or have I missed something.

-Ed
28-05-2005, 05:14
Do you have any idea how I can get one here in Canada? (Quebec to be more precise).
There's a store nearby but I can't afford to go to Ottawa or something.

Apart from the stealage of my old sig and recycling of a thread problems, do you people have books in Canada ? Because if you do, you may have book shops, and book shops are places where you can shop for books.

More importantly you can give the staff there the ISBN of a book and they can get it. The ISBN for this book is 1844162087.

anarchistica
28-05-2005, 14:38
Bought it this afternoon.

It is a beautiful book and does contain all the seperate volumes info as well as a new volume on Chaos Undivided.

Superb and well worth 30.00
So basically everyone who bought the seperate ones was screwed over? I bought those for 20-25 euros each (not sure), and now i couldn't gotten them all plus stuff about Undivided for about half the money? :eyebrows:

skavenguy13
28-05-2005, 15:51
It COMPILES the previous books and has 416 pages (taken from a previous post) so I really doubt you have all things from the other books.

tzeentchgiant
28-05-2005, 15:57
No, this book does just screw over all those who bought them separately, I too suffered, but only from buying one, not the four that anarchistica bought.

It is often the case, that way they can make a healthier profet, seriously who would by an individual one, when for a fiver more you could get all four + extra.

My condolences go out to you anachistica

TG

Lord Setra
28-05-2005, 21:07
my condolences do go out to those who got screwed over. But this book is great.

Just got mine today and havent put it down

IcedCrow
01-06-2005, 13:03
How nice. I have the four books as well... it looks like my anger will become legendary...even in hell.

:-)

Hi again everyone, it's been a while. I'm working on posting some new battle reports but my account is not allowed to post new topics...

Brandir
01-06-2005, 13:21
There is only one problem, however. It is too bleedin' heavy!

Jedi152
01-06-2005, 13:31
Does the hardback contain abridged versions of the 4 originals, or are they here in their completeness??

Next question ... Complete LC, or WFRP & Bestiary??? :cries:

Brandir
01-06-2005, 13:36
The Liber Chaotica hardback contains the full versions plus a Chaos Undivided section.

LC or WFRP & Bestiary?

Depends! Are you planning to run/play WFRP? If so, go for WFRP & Bestiary.

anarchistica
01-06-2005, 21:02
No, this book does just screw over all those who bought them separately, I too suffered, but only from buying one, not the four that anarchistica bought.

My condolences go out to you anarchistica
Feth you very much GW. :)

Thankfully, i have the ability to feth back and have done so alot in the past (for instance, the Gnoblar Hordes list has been in the AB file for weeks, and it hasn't even been printed outside the US ;)).

Hi again everyone, it's been a while. I'm working on posting some new battle reports but my account is not allowed to post new topics...
you need 5 posts to be able to make a thread (anti-spambot measure).

skavenguy13
01-06-2005, 21:27
Thankfully, i have the ability to feth back and have done so alot in the past (for instance, the Gnoblar Hordes list has been in the AB file for weeks, and it hasn't even been printed outside the US ;)).

I don't have the lists on my AB. There's no update since SOC and the basic ogre list (when I do "check for updates").

And the gnoblar list is on the spanish site (where else :p ) so I use this to make lists by myself.

Brandir
01-06-2005, 21:33
Yes, GW Spain does seem to publish and awful lot of rules and stats on their website.

If only I had studied Spanish at college and not Latin and Ancient Greek!

I bet GW Spain has also put pdfs of Liber Chaotica on their site.

anarchistica
01-06-2005, 23:23
I don't have the lists on my AB. There's no update since SOC and the basic ogre list (when I do "check for updates").
You either have AB3.0 or haven't downloaded the latest update.

Yes, GW Spain does seem to publish and awful lot of rules and stats on their website.

If only I had studied Spanish at college and not Latin and Ancient Greek!
You should be able to sort of translate it. I did Dutch, English, German, French, Greek (3 years) and Latin (6 years) and i was able to translate Marco Colombo from Spanish, and Alith Anar from Italian too.

skavenguy13
02-06-2005, 02:10
You either have AB3.0 or haven't downloaded the latest update.
Both :p I edited AB2 to make it french (partly done) so I won't download more updates as it causes some problems and 2-3 hours to solve. And I only have the demo AB3.

You should be able to sort of translate it. I did Dutch, English, German, French, Greek (3 years) and Latin (6 years) and i was able to translate Marco Colombo from Spanish, and Alith Anar from Italian too.

3 years of spanish in high school and I can translate most things. Really, it ain't that hard. Even without those courses I could translate parts.

I bet GW Spain has also put pdfs of Liber Chaotica on their site.

Somehow I found LC Khorne in pdf :wtf: . Only looked at it though. I think I read a paragraph. Seriously, I don't think I'll read it until I have the big book though.

anarchistica
02-06-2005, 12:51
Both :p I edited AB2 to make it french (partly done) so I won't download more updates as it causes some problems and 2-3 hours to solve. And I only have the demo AB3.
You can just back up your files, import the new file, select the army-specific files you want (OK in this case) and copy all your other files back. I also keep a 99% accurate list with all changes i've made. Look here (http://www.wcp-vancouver.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=362).

skavenguy13
02-06-2005, 21:18
problem is: I began ogres in french already :( as I played them a bit. I should do as you said in the next days or so. I already tried something similar:
download the whole update
make a backup of the files I edited
install the update
re-install my files
repair broken/new links.

This often took up to 2 hours, thats why I only do it with lots of spare time.

Jedi152
03-06-2005, 12:15
Depends! Are you planning to run/play WFRP? If so, go for WFRP & Bestiary.
No, i was just going to buy it for background.

LC:Complete it is then!

416 pages! and hardback! it must be a monster!

Brandir
03-06-2005, 12:20
... 416 pages! and hardback! it must be a monster!

It is.

Such a monster that I expect GW managers to conduct a risk assessemnt in accordance with the Manual Handling Operations Regulations 1992 before they lets their staff stock the shelves with these beauties.

Inquis. Jaeger
03-06-2005, 13:29
It is.

Such a monster that I expect GW managers to conduct a risk assessemnt in accordance with the Manual Handling Operations Regulations 1992 before they lets their staff stock the shelves with these beauties.

Well I nearly dropped mine when taking it off the shelf - must weigh a good 2kgs at least

metzler
04-06-2005, 01:17
Its currently 37% off if you preorder it on amazon.

http://www.amazon.com/exec/obidos/tg/detail/-/1844162087/qid=1117847903/sr=8-1/ref=pd_csp_1/103-5547336-7488613?v=glance&s=books&n=507846

preordered mine this morning. I can't wait! :)

skavenguy13
22-06-2005, 18:47
Hi guys. I just tried to order my book and the guy at the store didn't find it. I gave him the ISBN code but he still didnt find it. I'll order it on amazon then, but is it normal?

Brandir
22-06-2005, 20:08
If you are in the UK try play.com:

http://www.play.com/play247.asp?page=title&r=BOOK&title=599490&p=91&g=148&pa=sr

22.99 delivered!

skavenguy13
22-06-2005, 22:46
I live in Quebec (Canada)