PDA

View Full Version : Dark Stars: Medusa V Campaign Weekend May 06

philbrad2
17-02-2006, 11:08
You may have seen the advert on the GW UK Website for this :

Set on the world of Medusa V, six weeks ahead of the full conflagration to come this summer, the event is the official UK prequel campaign.

Forces involved will be:
- All Imperial armies
- Eldar armies
- Tau Empire armies
- Tyranid armies
- Ork armies

This event is a Narrative Campaign and has many different features to any other previous event. Additionally, the results from the campaign will help to determine the set-up of the Edethor region of the Medusa V campaign.

Campaign rules pack is HERE (http://uk.games-workshop.com/download/download.htm?/campaignweekends/assets/medusa-v-pack.pdf)

Anyone thinkling of attending this? If so what you planning to use and are you going as part of a club or as an individual? Ticket I believe go on sale end of this month.

:chrome:

MacVurrich
17-02-2006, 14:05
Ok who's going
I got my ticket

philbrad2
17-02-2006, 15:20
Git :) I am painting a shed load of grey/cityfight bases for my nids put together my second FW flying Warrior, I've just printed off about 50 (by mistake only wanted 10) roster cards for my bugs. Now all I need are a couple of army lists... Splinterfleet Scylla is massing in the warp

Mwhahahaa*cough**cough*hahhahahahaa

MacVurrich
17-02-2006, 16:15
From What I hear there only 7 Eldar and less Orks tickets left these will be avaiable from the 25th
1st come 1 st served

philbrad2
18-02-2006, 23:35
Oh very cool... :(

philbrad2
25-02-2006, 09:22
Well, called MO at 10am as they opened and ordered one of the remaining Nid tickets :D ... now all I've gotta do is get the little buggers painted in time ...

geoffkemp
25-02-2006, 10:46
I managed to get one Tau Ticket for me and one Tyranid Ticket for my Brother. Was told at about 10:15 that all the Ork Tickets had gone and the Eldar were down to the last few.

bugsfromessex
25-02-2006, 10:55
I have heard of about 8 more bugs and 8 more marine players going up from lakeside

Bruen
25-02-2006, 13:08
All of the tickets for all armies were sold out by the time that I called at 10.30 :(

On a related note if anyone has a spare Marine or Tau ticket I would be interested in buying it.

bugsfromessex
25-02-2006, 14:07
Who is going to Dark stars and with what armies?

MacVurrich
25-02-2006, 14:19
all tickets SOLD OUT 10:20

Bruen
25-02-2006, 14:59
What are GCN Landmark events?

geoffkemp
25-02-2006, 20:03
Me (Geoff) with Tau

Rork
25-02-2006, 20:07
I'll be along with the rest of the Oxford boys with Eldar.

Just have to crowbar in a token elites choice...

philbrad2
25-02-2006, 21:31
Who is going to Dark stars and with what armies?

Tyranids ... Assault brood Scylla already 'in country' claws and talons sharpening.

neathleanan
25-02-2006, 22:50
What are GCN Landmark events?

Nothing to see here, move along...:eyebrows:

And on a slightly different note, I suspect there will be quite a few club events tied into the Medusa V campaign over the summer.

As soon as these are set, the GCN will be setting Sirkka lose to tell the world about them!!!

Err, sorry about that. :p

As too Dark Stars, I know our club was planning to bring an Imperial team (although I don't know if that will happen considering how fast the tickets went). Hopefully they won't go for the yellow t-shirts again...

Pilgrimsp
26-02-2006, 11:16
Well the guys from lakside have just taken a big dent, we couldn't get our nids tickets so we only have ork tickets.......i started painting my nids and wrote a list and now i can't go....stupid tickets....<breaks down in tears>

A sad Tempus Fugitive

geoffkemp
26-02-2006, 12:04
There were suppose to be three of us going, but one of our group couldn`t get a ticket as it had sold out ??

Does anyone know how many were sold on the pre-release ??

I heard itwas suppose to be to a maximum of half for each faction (ie 28 imperial, and 7 for each xenos) but I heard of one case of at least 8 from one faction being sold in one go on pre-release

MacVurrich
26-02-2006, 15:08
GCN had a max of half allocated for pre release to clubs

neathleanan
26-02-2006, 18:18
To my knowledge, the GCN didn't take up the entire pre-allocation of tickets (which was as you rightly say, half the tickets) or close to it. :eyebrows:

As far as I can tell, with the mix of races, time of year, and the fact this is the only GW Campaign event this year (and the start of the summer campaign), the tickets just flew as soon as they went on sale.

Have to admit, I though they would go quick, but not THAT quick!

philbrad2
27-02-2006, 12:04
Have to admit, I though they would go quick, but not THAT quick!

I was ringing every 30 secs form 9:58am to get through and got a reply just after 10.00am I DID expect these ticket to go this quickly based on the amount of interest shown on Warseer and other list/forums.

geoffkemp
27-02-2006, 12:11
I was ringing every 30 secs form 9:58am to get through and got a reply just after 10.00am I DID expect these ticket to go this quickly based on the amount of interest shown on Warseer and other list/forums.

I started bang on 10:00am then got a ringing tone at 10:05, whihc was answered at about 10:12 IIRC. I also was expecting them to go quick.

MacVurrich
27-02-2006, 12:37
I suppose it was in relevance to the Sabbat crusade GCN ran that we where expecting a "SLOW" uptake.
plus also the fact that we've been getting a few "don't do campaigns from the non-GCN clubs.
Oh well should be fun
BTW check out the GCN forum for more details on the Medusa V campaign

Just as an update
http://uk.games-workshop.com/apps/eshare.pl?do=ReadThread&BoardID=72&ID=4419757&template=uk
"................... Hi all!

Wowsers! Who'd have expected that, eh? The first UK campaign that has EVER sold out, full stop.

Add to that selling out within 1.5 hours of putting the tickets on general release and we are, quite frankly, stunned - in a good way, but stunned nonetheless.

This morning I shared a phone conference between myself, Brian, and Mike Sharp (High Castalain, GCN) in which we agreed that a follow-up event run by the GCN in August is needed. Mike is going to work to deliver a campaign using the same structure and approach, and I have offered (as a volunteer) to help him.

Watch this space, but very soon it looks like the GCN will be able to offer those of you who missed a ticket the chance to go to a second event in our forthcoming national campaign.

We've obviously created a huge desire to take part in our Dark Stars event this year - we need to figure out WHAT we did that has so resonated with all of you, but we didn't expect quite such an avalanche of interest!

Thank you all for your support so far - we're now working to both open up more GCN-led events to you (these guys are who have made Dark Stars so cool, you know!), and also to persuade da bosses that 2x campaigns in 2007 might be a cool plan!

Anyone for 40K?

Cheers
Che ..."

neathleanan
01-03-2006, 08:36
Hi folk, we have an offical request from the Dark Stars Admin Team for people to make sure they take the time to register before the event. Not only will you get a nice pre-release order form and special inside information about your faction, but it also makes our lives loads easier and means we can register you faster on the day.

This is also essential if you want to be placed into a particular team (please either email Che, note it on your registration form, or better still note it on your registration and send it in with the rest of your team's forms).

Thanks

The Dark Stars Admin Team

geoffkemp
02-03-2006, 09:28
Gto mine and Bugsfromessex`s registration forms done, just need to find some stamps.

Anyhow how about a roll-call:

geoffekmp (tau)
bugsfromessex (Tyranids)
philbrad (tyranids)
Rork (Eldar)
MacVurrich (Army not explicity listed in this thread)

Bruen
02-03-2006, 10:28

Me with Tau - I managed to get a ticket after another player had to cancel :)

MacVurrich
02-03-2006, 11:28
Gto mine and Bugsfromessex`s registration forms done, just need to find some stamps.

geoffekmp (tau)
bugsfromessex (Tyranids)
philbrad (tyranids)
Rork (Eldar)
MacVurrich (Army not explicity listed in this thread)

Me - Orks (at the moment ;) )

bugsfromessex
02-03-2006, 18:14
is there any imperial players going???

Bruen
02-03-2006, 18:48
is there any imperial players going???

Hopefully because all of their tickets sold out and its going to be boring without them :)

bugsfromessex
02-03-2006, 20:57
not really cause we could have a battle amoungst our selves

Bruen
02-03-2006, 23:00
Actually I do hope that it isn't going to be "aliens vs imperium" and that we do get to fight amongst ourselves as well.

geoffkemp
03-03-2006, 10:19
Looking at the Ticket Sales, though I guess that Laiens vs the Imperium will be the case. Anyhow Bruen, I assume that you managed ot get a ticket ok then ??

Roll Call -

geoffkemp (tau)
bugsfromessex (Tyranids)
philbrad (tyranids)
Rork (Eldar)
MacVurrich (Orks)
Bruen (Tau)

Bruen
03-03-2006, 10:54
Anyhow Bruen, I assume that you managed ot get a ticket ok then ??

I sure did - I sent an email to Che and he kindly put me on the reserve list. I got the call from MO yesterday to say that they had had a Tau cancellation and I was top of the list so I snapped it up :)

I was planning to take my Deathwing but I already had the new Tau box on pre-order so its all good. I just need to get some fast painting done :)

MacVurrich
03-03-2006, 19:10
Actually I do hope that it isn't going to be "aliens vs imperium" and that we do get to fight amongst ourselves as well.

Just Wait and See :rolleyes:

geoffkemp
04-03-2006, 07:34
I sure did - I sent an email to Che and he kindly put me on the reserve list. I got the call from MO yesterday to say that they had had a Tau cancellation and I was top of the list so I snapped it up :)

That cool, least your doing your bit for the greater good :)

I should be easy to spot though ;)

MacVurrich
09-03-2006, 09:06
I'll post it here and on the other FOMV thread

Is there enough Sisters of Battle / WH armies going to form a single team

It's just that a GCN colleague has asked me this and I though I'd see ?

Pilgrimsp
28-03-2006, 20:52
Hey guys! Sorry this is a bit of topic but i have recently just got a ticket for the Orks! WAHOO!

Only problem is now i have to start reading the ork dex which is er different and problematic as i want to make an effective blood axe army which can win. Either this or a fluffy army which will look cool.

S.O.S..... I NEED HELP

Any other ork suggestions would be good