PDA

View Full Version : Who's going to the UK 40k GT final?

kaptin_blacksquigg
22-02-2006, 10:12
Hey all,
I'll be heading off the nottingham next week with 5 friends to the UK GT finals. I'll be bringing my BLUE nids, if your there you'll probably notice them.
Just wondering how many Warseer members are going to be there?

Kaptin Blacksquigg

Ragnar_Burmane
22-02-2006, 10:19
Jigplums will be there

Toastee
22-02-2006, 11:54
Shouldn't this be in the Games Days and Tournaments Forum? o.O

Blue nids? You weren't at the first heat by any chance were you?

Aye, I'll be there :) With my blue fox (Not Ultramarines!) SM, with new and improved list!

prawnstar69
22-02-2006, 12:09
I live fairly close the Nottingham, I'd like to go just to wander round and spectate. I don't know much about it though as I've only gotten back into 40k in the last month or so.

Reinnon
22-02-2006, 12:34
i'm going with my thousand son army

see you there

kaptin_blacksquigg
22-02-2006, 13:10
Cool, good to see there's a good few fellow forum addicts going.
Toastee: yup I was at the 1st heat :) people tend to notic the army.
Prawnstar: its well worth comming down to have a look. Always some great looking armies there.
Good luck to everyone, may you win al your rolls for first turn

Kaptin Blacksquig

Toastee
22-02-2006, 14:54
Aye, I remember it...you were also there on the Friday too I think...I was a few tables down playing my friends nids that day.

It'll be good to see them nids again...they were very...blue :) *grin*

jigplums
22-02-2006, 16:13
yeah, i'll be there.

Insane Psychopath
22-02-2006, 16:53
I miss out by 7 points in heat 1 but just say good luck with the finials & looking forward to the reports.

Toastee: Tye good to see you on the stie as well, how Henry & Shawn doing??? Hope see you lot that heat 1 in october 14/15th.

IP

Toastee
22-02-2006, 19:15
Hey IP, aye Henry will be there too with his IW.

prawnstar69
23-02-2006, 00:03
So where do I go to find out more info, do I have to purchase tickets if I'm not playing etc

The official site doesn't really give much info...

Toastee
23-02-2006, 10:52
prawnstar: I don't think you need to buy tickets to watch, as the store will most likely be open for normal hours. Well at least that happens in the heats, not sure about the final though as this is my first.

kaptin_blacksquigg: Will you be there on the Friday? If so, and providing you;ve not already got a game planned, want a friendly match?

kaptin_blacksquigg
23-02-2006, 12:23
Yeah, I'll probably be hanging around all day friday playing games with my mates. Asumming I've got everything painted I'll give you a game, failing that I'm sure one of my mates will (I have a tendence to arive in nottingham, change my list and spend the rest of the day furiously converting and painting). Real name is Mike by the way. I'm pritty normal looking, but my mate roger is 6'3", bald and build like a brick build s"$t house, so I'l sure you'll recognise us :)

Prawnstar: no you don't have to get tickets to watch, the store/bar will be open as usual. I recommed comming on the saturday night as there's usually a table quiz.

Insane Psychopath
23-02-2006, 14:26
prawnstar69: If you mean to game. You MUST go throught one out of 3 heats & make top 50 to be able to fight in the finials. If you mean just to watch, you are more than free to do so & it dose not cost a thing since it is in Warhammer World.

Well at least that happens in the heats,

That right as in round 4 in heat 1, there was a USA family hang around when I was gaming.

kaptin_blacksquigg Yeah, I'll probably be hanging around all day friday playing games with my mates. Asumming I've got everything painted I'll give you a game, failing that I'm sure one of my mates will (I have a tendence to arive in nottingham, change my list and spend the rest of the day furiously converting and painting). Real name is Mike by the way. I'm pritty normal looking, but my mate roger is 6'3", bald and build like a brick build s"$t house, so I'l sure you'll recognise us

There also the photos on the GW site of Heat 1.

Toastee: Just say that in Heat 1 in Oct 14/15 there going be a few new people eg: first time to the UK GT, they are Iain (from Glasgow like myself) & also Luke (or know as Lt L on this site).

Also there might be a White Dwarf report on the finials as well people.

So I exspect some good reports as well as photos of some really cool armies as well.

Good luck

IP

prawnstar69
23-02-2006, 15:06
Hm, if it's free then I may go for an hour or two and have a wander round and see what goes on. It all depends if I have work on the day though, I'll find out tomorrow.

Cheers for the info.

Toastee
23-02-2006, 22:35
Prawnstar: Well, keep an eye out for me :D I'll be the one with the fluffy fox plush on the corner of my table :D heh.

I don't want the attension at all, lol.

IP: Cool :) Aye, already looking forward to heat one again...though there is a slight chance I'll have to go to heat two instead :eek:

kaptin_blacksquigg: Aye lol, thats what I'm doing at the minute, madly trying to make sure its all done lol....I have horrid images of me in the hotel on Friday night basing.

What hotel are you in btw? Me and a pal tried to get the Castle Marina one as normal, but its all booked lol So we've had to get the one in Town.

But aye, we should be there for 2.30 ish, so hopefully we'll get a game in.

kaptin_blacksquigg
24-02-2006, 12:48
We're staying in the Holiday Inn in Castle Marina, must have beat you too it :)
Good luck with the painting, see you there.

Prophaniti
24-02-2006, 18:45
I am with my white tau (nominated for best painted but didn't win). I also qualified [by the skin of my teeth] in 52nd place heat 1. Sorry[ish] Insane Psychopath.

I'm at the Prem travel inn castle marina so may see some of you there over breakfast.

Insane Psychopath
24-02-2006, 19:11
Prophaniti: Yeah I rememeber your Tau from Heat 1.

Sorry[ish] Insane Psychopath.

If you mean for not making top 50, don't worry about it, since Aug I been better that gaming & feel more ready for Heat 1 in Oct with my Iron Warriors ;)

IP

squigsnok
24-02-2006, 19:28
Y'know I coulda sworn i posted on here... My internet has been on the blink all week though.

Anyhoo, down to business. I'll be there. Commanding my ever faithful Dark Angels. It's gonna be a mighty interesting event for me, coz i must have played 2 games tops since Heat 3 in November. And, including the heat, i've played 12 games with my Dark Angels army. Times like these i wish there was a GW store near me...

I'll be stayin at the Travelodge (riverside) as that's where we normally stay, but chances me and me mate sean will be rambling up to the pizza hut near the travel inn on the friday night (except Harry Ramsdens there are no food places near where we're stayin... grrr...).

As for games on the friday daytime, i'd love to come down, but we aint gonna be gettin there till quite late. I have to go from uni back up to manchester to pick my army and stuff up, and then to nottingham, so chances are I won't be there till after 6.

Come say hello on the day though. Should be wearin ma Manchester Chosen club shirt with "squigsnok" on the back. If not, just look for a guy with long hair wearin a Nightwish hoodie and it'll be me. I normally take up residence in the vicinity of the pool tables in Bugmans, so look there if nowhere else.

I'd also like to say good luck to all of you who'll be doing the late night/early hours paint-a-thon. I've had to do that at every single GT event i've been to (this will be ma 5th), and it seems a shame to break with tradition now... :D

Best o luck to everyone goin, and if I play you i apologise now for my language when my dice inevitably turn on me... :D

Squig.

Insane Psychopath
24-02-2006, 19:59
For those who are staying that travle Inn near the canal (sp)/river, if you take that wahy & think 3rd set stairs (Toastee would be better for this) it like a 5 min walk, while if you take the normal way it 30min.

So just a note incase you want to arrive early/running late.

It topic funny because I know everone on this lol

Any way good luck again & for those going to Heat 1 in Oct guess I will see you there, just look out for the crusifed Ultrmarine on a Predatore... or the 4x Pred IW army ;)

IP

Toastee
24-02-2006, 22:14
I am with my white tau (nominated for best painted but didn't win). I also qualified [by the skin of my teeth] in 52nd place heat 1. Sorry[ish] Insane Psychopath.

I'm at the Prem travel inn castle marina so may see some of you there over breakfast.

Aye I remember :D Those were some nice tau, again, good job on them :) I was 51st *grin*

Heh, as for painting on the Friday night, I've never had to do it, but mind you, I'm not going to get much sleep all of next week XD lol I couple of all-nighters might be in order lol.

Prophaniti
24-02-2006, 22:25
I've had to paint on the friday night twice before, including heat 1. I'm not changing anything this time though so its just an early night and a train at 06:30:eek:

squigsnok
25-02-2006, 15:29
yah.... good luck with that man... :D

Anyone who's stayin at the travelodge (most of you dont seem to be, but hey we might have lurkers) ya can join us on the cross country ramble if you want. I'm prayin for no rain coz the quickest way for us involves going through a field...

Reinnon
27-02-2006, 17:14
I'll be stayin at the Travelodge (riverside) as that's where we normally stay, but chances me and me mate sean will be rambling up to the pizza hut near the travel inn on the friday night (except Harry Ramsdens there are no food places near where we're stayin... grrr...).

i'm staying there :)

Getting the train friday night as i can't drive there, good thing bout riverside is that its walkable to GW HQ

Toastee
27-02-2006, 18:40
squigsnok: I'm in the process of cancelling my booking at the Travel Inn in town to book at that Travelodge (riverside).

So once its sorted, my pal and I would be up for pizza hut :)

BTW: You getting there on Friday?

squigsnok
27-02-2006, 22:58
Should be there on friday at some time. Dunno when exactly to be honest. All depends on when me and ma mate decide to leave the pub in manchester to get the train up there.

Toastee
27-02-2006, 23:13
lol

I think we're getting in at 1.30ish. Booked up in the Travelodge now...didn't know it was there to be honest...once Castle Marina was booked up I thought that was it, and that we'd have to get a taxi all the time x_x

Cheers.

squigsnok
28-02-2006, 00:08
Check with them, but i don't think you can check in till 3. Least that's whats happened in previous years, dunno bout now. Just thought i'd let u know so your not sat in the foyer till your rooms free. I assume they'd have told you though, so ignore my ramblings.

Toastee
28-02-2006, 14:47
3 huh :/ oh well, thanks for the heads up.

squigsnok
28-02-2006, 17:10
I dont know for sure. thats just what i was told last year.

Brother Edwin
01-03-2006, 18:25
I too will be graceing the GT with my pressence. Maby if you get to the top tables you might have the honour of playing me.

This is what I look like:

http://www.brotheredwin.blogspot.com/

Xavier
01-03-2006, 18:29
I can see your arrogance hasnt changed..

Prophaniti
01-03-2006, 19:55
Table 75 isn't the top table Edwin ;) but see you all the same (most likely in Bugman's), I'm on yer other forums too.

Brother Edwin
01-03-2006, 20:57
Table 75 isn't the top table Edwin ;) but see you all the same (most likely in Bugman's), I'm on yer other forums too.

The only way I will hit table 75 is if I get put there first game;)

squigsnok
01-03-2006, 21:09
... Or if you play me in the first game and get forced there game 2 ;) :D

Brother Edwin
02-03-2006, 14:31
... Or if you play me in the first game and get forced there game 2 ;) :D

So basecly the get our scres mixed up and give you the 20 even when you will of course be massacred ;)

Jedi152
02-03-2006, 14:55
Wow. I'm so glad i'm not going.

squigsnok
02-03-2006, 15:07
So basecly the get our scres mixed up and give you the 20 even when you will of course be massacred

Surely you mean I "will of course be mobbed"...
By hoards of adoring fans, when my glorious army chops yours into small pieces...

Then crush the pieces into the dust...

Then blow up the dust.

;)

Anyway, much as i'd like to spend the rest of the day explaining in detail just how much i'd beat Brother Edwin ( :D ) i have to go get the train back home, so i can get goin to Nottingham 2morro. Ave a good weekend the lot of you, and i'll see you there. You're lookin out for a tall guy, long hair, Black T-shirt with Squigsnok on the back.

Reports, photos and other assorted stuff to follow when i can be bothered doing it :D

Insane Psychopath
02-03-2006, 17:23
Reports, photos and other assorted stuff to follow when i can be bothered doing it

You promise me squigsnok a report, rememeber your still a Marine player & I hold your word... until you join the dark side of Chaos.

Any way good luck to one & all who are attending, I hope be there next year :D

IP

neXus6
02-03-2006, 17:34
Wow. I'm so glad i'm not going.

I was just thinking the same thing.

Prophaniti
02-03-2006, 20:16
I wouldn't worry too much about all the boasting and put downs, none of it is serious.

The tournament itself is fairly relaxed, at least on the lower tables where I usually am:(
Of course it is a competition so sometimes you do get an argument but these are few and far between. Besides there's always Bugman's

If all the hot air were serious then I think we should just form a 'sports entertainment' wrestling troupe and have done with it ;) Warseer Wrestling Entertainment?:wtf:

Man, I need some tea... off for a brew then, bye

Insane Psychopath
02-03-2006, 20:33
Yep as Prophaniti said: Tournaments are fun & it alway great to build a grudge (sp). For me I got a number of rivals (sp). Thought we rip the s*** out one & other, still end of the day you will see us hang around bugman bar having a laught & a drink.

Why I got my friend Paul Scott (work for GW HQ & been in White Dwarf) really good & he vow to get me back, but it all in good fun.

IP