PDA

View Full Version : King Alrik detecting Shadowblade

adbower
27-02-2006, 03:41
I'm unfamiliar with the new Dwarf rules.

I'm playing a guy this week in a local club's challenge pyramid, and we're supposed to inform the other person (due to our club rules) if we're going to bring a special character. I bring Shadowblade for my Dark Elves.

He mentioned that "King Alrik can detect your assassin on the first turn with his Helm of Eagles but I'll check on that."

Can anyone clue me into what the Helm of Eagles does and whether or not it would detect Shadowblade?

Thanks!

taer
27-02-2006, 04:00
King Alrik doesn't exist as a real special character any longer. He had some updated rules in this months US White Dwarf, but all those are are dwarf lords with specific rune combinations.

Festus
27-02-2006, 09:41
Hi

If he still plays according to the old Dwarf book, he is right, though. Alrik may inspect one unit per turn and you must tell him *everything* about that unit, including hidden things like Assassins.

Greetings
Festus

Gorbad Ironclaw
27-02-2006, 10:28
Hi

If he still plays according to the old Dwarf book, he is right, though. Alrik may inspect one unit per turn and you must tell him *everything* about that unit, including hidden things like Assassins.

Greetings
Festus

Hey, can I use the previous Dark Elf book too then? :p

Festus
27-02-2006, 10:53
Hi

Of course you can!
You can even play 3rd Ed. if you want to.

Use whatever you want to...

But as the Dwarf book is rather new and recent, you will see quite a few players still playing with the old rules.

Greetings
festus

adbower
27-02-2006, 16:05
Hi

Greetings
Festus
Can he can inspect his own units too? Shadowblade can deploy in an enemy unit.

Also, it's not exactly legal to use one army book, and then use a special character from a previous one right?

Cenyu
27-02-2006, 16:08
No, only enemy units may be inspected according to the army book.

Festus
27-02-2006, 17:44
Hi

Also, it's not exactly legal to use one army book, and then use a special character from a previous one right?
I wouldn't allow mixing of books. But I'd surely allow him to play after the old Dwarf Army Book.

Greetings
Festus

ghost hunter
27-02-2006, 19:18
what where the dark elf special charecters in the 3rd edition

Festus
27-02-2006, 19:42
Hi

In third edition, the concept of special characters was still in its infancy...

Greetings
Festus