PDA

View Full Version : Lores of Magic - Availability

loveless
14-07-2010, 15:41
I'm probably blind and missing this somewhere, but would it be possible to gather a list of the Magic Lores available to the different armies? I know not everyone is aware of all the Lores available to various wizards (and I've been slipping having been out of the game for awhile).

Anyway, I'll start off with what I can do and I'll update the post with any corrections alterations as they come up. Thanks for your time.

================

Beastmen
- Lore of the Wild (unique)
- Lore of Beasts
- Lore of Death
- Lore of Shadows

Bretonnia
- Lore of Beasts
- Lore of Life
- Lore of Heavens

Daemons of Chaos
- Daemon Lore of Slaanesh (unique)
- Daemon Lore of Tzeentch (unique)
- Daemon Lore of Nurgle (unique)
- All 8 Core Rulebook Lores available through Daemonic Gift

Dark Elves
- Dark Magic (unique)
- Lore of Fire
- Lore of Shadows
- Lore of Metal
- Lore of Death

Dwarfs
- Non-applicable

Empire
- All 8 Core Rulebook Lores

High Elves
- High Magic (unique)
- All 8 core Rulebook Lores

Lizardmen
- All 8 Core Rulebok Lores

Ogre Kingdoms
- Gut Magic (unique)

Orcs & Goblins
- Big Waagh! (unique)
- Little Waagh! (unique)

Skaven
- Spells of Ruin (unique)
- Spells of Plague (unique)

Tomb Kings
- Nehekharan Incantations (unique)

Vampire Counts
- Lore of the Vampires (unique)
- All 8 Core Rulebook Lores except for Lore of Life available

Warriors of Chaos
- Lore of Slaanesh (unique)
- Lore of Nurgle (unique)
- Lore of Tzeentch (unique)
- Lore of Fire
- Lore of Shadow
- Lore of Death
- Lore of Heavens

Wood Elves
- Lore of Athel Loren (unique)
- Lore of Life
- Lore of Beasts

cornonthecob
14-07-2010, 15:44
Wizards hat makes all 8 rulebook lores available to everyone except dwarfs and daemons.

GodlessM
14-07-2010, 15:45
WoC can get Lore of the Heavens.

ooglatjama
14-07-2010, 15:49
WoC can get Lore of the Heavens.

Yeah on sorc. lords.

Also WOC can really get any lore because they can steal a lore from some 25 point gift. I would mention that.

Olyphant
14-07-2010, 15:50
I'm rather disappointed that the unique lores aren't as effective in some situations as the new brb lores. I personally would like to see an upgraded 13th spell maybe call it the 169th spell. Casting value 60+ cannot be irrestibly cast (to prevent power scroll users). Effects: everyone on the board becomes a rat. U win.

So thats 6 power and 4 warpstones tokens and a double yattzee to cast :D

Lijacote
14-07-2010, 15:50
It's Daemons of Chaos that have the 25 point gift of know-every-spell-from-a-lore.

Fritzallmighty
14-07-2010, 15:51
(removed for redundancy)

JCF
14-07-2010, 15:55
It's Daemons of Chaos that have the 25 point gift of know-every-spell-from-a-lore.

And WoC have a 25 point gift that let's them steal an opponent's spells if they have los, which is the point he was making.

Lijacote
14-07-2010, 16:06
And WoC have a 25 point gift that let's them steal an opponent's spells if they have los, which is the point he was making.

My bad. They steal spells, though, not lores, unless I recall in error - lores being the subject here, not individual spells... though now I'm just splitting hairs.

loveless
14-07-2010, 16:07
Thanks folks.

Not really looking into "Steal Spell" abilities, since that's a bit too situational. I suppose it could be useful to note which forces have a spell-steal ability. I believe that consists of Warriors of Chaos (3rd Eye of Tzeentch Gift), Daemons of Chaos (Whatever their gift is called), Empire (Aldred's Casket), and...anything else?

List updated with the WoC change and the DoC note.