PDA

View Full Version : Starting Night Goblins, need some answers

Khorneguy
14-07-2010, 23:26
1. What size base is Skarsnik on? it looks like it's 60mm x 40mm, judging by the pic in the army book and the way the Goblins around him line up (he seems to take up the space of 6 night gobbos, but i can't tell for sure.

Can someone clear this up for me?

2. I'm thinking of how to make my army unique and was wondering, if i base up a Gobbo hero onto the right sized base and then but a troll next to him on the same base, would any of you have a problem with it being a 'counts as' Skarsnik?
I'm saying it represents a powerful Night Goblin Warboss and his Troll Bodyguard, so i don't have to shoehorn Skarsnik into my own army's fluff

3. What size base is a Snotling Pump Wagon on?

Thanks in advance

GodlessM
14-07-2010, 23:47
1. You are correct.

2. I'd have problem with it, in fact I would encourage it.

3. I think 40mm. If you check it on the GW store it tells you what base it comes with.

Rogzor87
15-07-2010, 00:23
Everything is fine imo. Yes Skarsnik is on a 60x40 base, If you want to do a Gobbo /w Troll(gobbla) go for it. For the Pump Wagon I am fairly sure its a Chariot. So go with either a Chariot base or a 50x50(if it fits).

One thing to worry about is that Skarsnik counts as Monsterous Infantry. So even if in a Unit of goblins or anything He can be easily picked out for shooting/magic and won't get a look-out sir roll and with his huge base size he can be easily cannon sniped.

Papawolf
15-07-2010, 02:24
sounds like a cool conversion tbh.

pumpwagon is on a chariot sized base

skarnsnik took a massive hit in 8th since he now gets only a 4+ look out sir and his powerful bound spell is far less affective as bound spells in general are worse as you have to cast them and also its best against cavalry which will be more scarce in future games because everything is stubborn against them pretty much.

chilledenuff
15-07-2010, 10:13
Skarsnik does now get a stomp attack, lolz
And it doesn't matter if he was nerfed, he's still Skarsnik! The bestest gobbo since Grom da Paunch beat up all those elves

Leogun_91
15-07-2010, 10:49
Skarsnik does now get a stomp attack, lolz
And it doesn't matter if he was nerfed, he's still Skarsnik! The bestest gobbo since Grom da Paunch beat up all those elves:eek: A Skarsnik fan that actually acknowledges that Grom was the greatest Goblin. It even makes me forgive the fact that he used "lol" when posting.