PDA

View Full Version : Pandorum

thebaz
15-07-2010, 02:01
I recently saw the movie Pandorum and fell in love with the Bio-Mechanics in the movie. I was thinking of making another themed movie in the near future based on the creatures but I was just wondering which list would fit them best?

I was pondering Dark Eldar thats what they seem to look like to me. Chaos would be a bit too high of Armour Save

Possibly even Orks would work

What do you think?

Farseer Dave
15-07-2010, 02:20
Yo m8 .

Why not Tyranids (especially genestealers)? there creepy aliens who want to eat people too ! :D

Farseer Dave.

druchii
15-07-2010, 02:29
Yo m8 .

Why not Tyranids (especially genestealers)? there creepy aliens who want to eat people too ! :D

Farseer Dave.

This.

Since Pandorum was essentially Aliens mixed with The Descent I think genestealers would best fit the nasties on-board the ship. Tyranid primes would adequately represent the "big" mutants, while genestealers (and even gaunts for the little, still growing monsters) would represent the "meat" of the devolved crew.

Not to say the list would be amazing or anything, but it WOULD be cool if you modeled them similarly.

Shame the movie did so poorly here in the states, I heard they were all wound up to do a sequel, but the revenue just didn't appear :(

d

thebaz
15-07-2010, 03:10
<------ already gots a Themed Nid Army Im workin on Right now based around Tremors.

Ya The movie was great and didn't do bad it just went up against alot of other heavy hitters if I recall on its opening weekend so kind of just disapeared. But I have to say it is one of the best Sci-Fi movies I have seen in a long time.

Who knows maybe in a few years it may go the way of Firefly and have so many fans supporting a continuation that it makes another movie.

Im leaning towards Dark Eldar or Orks, by the time the new Dark Eldar Codex comes out I will have my Tremor army completed for a while, then there is also Orks which I think has the potential to work as a counts as army.

The SkaerKrow
16-07-2010, 13:11
I don't like Dark Eldar or Orks for the creatures from Pandorum. If Tyranids are out of the question, perhaps you could go with a Daemon Horde army. Daemonettes or Bloodletters could both work in the role of the biomechanical fiends.

Petay1985
16-07-2010, 13:13
I think genestealers/tyranids are a clear winner, other than that maybe Kroot? or daemons as 'the skaerkrow' says.