PDA

View Full Version : FAQ v1.1 is out now

jaxom
15-07-2010, 19:08
And in my opinion is actually worse than v1.0...

They've modified very little, removed a bit (without marking it) and in general failed to clarify any issue which I was aware of here. Further, they have actually removed text without addressing the issue at hand at all (Skaven SiN/Steadfast where they removed a FAQ but changed nothing in the Errata/Addenda to make it clearer).

Major_Blackhart
15-07-2010, 19:14
I'm just aggravated cause now VC's have unstable. That bugs me a bit. It also means that we'll need huge hordes always in order to counter act this rule to protect our heroes, so they don't lose wounds to combat resolution, etc.

It's almost like what's the point of giving your lord a +4 ward save when he can't use it when he needs it the most?

Edit: Then again, I prefer the playstyle of hardcore combat lord, not a bunker lord.

LevDaddy
15-07-2010, 19:19
Did they clear up the Ring of Hotek at all? I can't access the FAQ on this comp.

Does it effect only wizards casting within 12" of it or spells targeted within 12" of it as well?

Malorian
15-07-2010, 19:39
I'm just aggravated cause now VC's have unstable. That bugs me a bit. It also means that we'll need huge hordes always in order to counter act this rule to protect our heroes, so they don't lose wounds to combat resolution, etc.

It's almost like what's the point of giving your lord a +4 ward save when he can't use it when he needs it the most?

Edit: Then again, I prefer the playstyle of hardcore combat lord, not a bunker lord.

Vampire count units never should have had save against crumbling in the first place!

And this is coming from a vampire player!

Did they clear up the Ring of Hotek at all? I can't access the FAQ on this comp.

Does it effect only wizards casting within 12" of it or spells targeted within 12" of it as well?

Just casting now.

Ophidian
15-07-2010, 19:47
Steam tank no longer immune to magic

polybus
15-07-2010, 19:58
Steam tank no longer immune to metal spells but also is now healable with Life

Texhnolyze
15-07-2010, 20:19

So can I run it over with Purple sun now ?

ColShaw
15-07-2010, 20:20

It says "Wizards casting spells within 12". So I read that as the wizard, himself, being within 12" of the Ring.

Ophidian
15-07-2010, 20:27

Or drop it in a pit of shades, etc... oops, no, specific immunity to that particular spell

Greyfire
15-07-2010, 20:40
Well, that's one way to deal with the issue of the Slann and turning into a dragon with Transformation of Kadon: He can't do it. Did any other level 4 mages lose that spell?

It looks like it. And I guess I can cast the new Flaming Sword of Rhuin on it then? And a regenerating STank just seems like a bad idea.

Paraelix
15-07-2010, 21:52
Anyone else sick of seeing every depiction of Ogre armies using 8 strong Leadbelchers when there has been no change to their max unit size of 5?

EDIT- Additional.
Cauldron of Blood still refers to losing the Death Hag when suffering it's 4th wound. Profile only has 3.
Also no change to the Cygor's ability to reroll vs targets with a parry save.
A model fighting a WoC nurgle model with Fear can be reduced to Ws0...

Satan
15-07-2010, 22:07
I just lol'd - correct me if I'm wrong but wood elf characters on horses are now fast cav. Again.

Venthrac
15-07-2010, 22:58
I don't get it. They updated the Bret FAQ to version 1.1, included a paragraph saying that changes would appear in magenta, and then apparently didn't change anything, because no other text is in magenta.

knightwire
15-07-2010, 23:00
I don't get it. They updated the Bret FAQ to version 1.1, included a paragraph saying that changes would appear in magenta, and then apparently didn't change anything, because no other text is in magenta.

The part in Magenta is a change from the last doc. (It just happens to be the explaination why things are Magenta.) :)

jaxom
15-07-2010, 23:02
They don't mark deletions. There was at least 1 FAQ removed from the Skaven document and there is no mention of it anywhere in the new doc.

sayles78
15-07-2010, 23:13
Or drop it in a pit of shades, etc... oops, no, specific immunity to that particular spell

Would Cloying Quagmire work on the Steam Tank? Sounds to me like it would.

If so, it auto-fails it's initiative test, and then sinks to it's rusty grave on a 2+!

EDIT: Sorry, not really related the the topic of FAQ's...

Khal
15-07-2010, 23:25
I have a question!

The corsairs' handbows don't have any penalty for moving and shoot. This said (and being so short-ranged ) we have to apply the -1 modifier for shooting at long range? I was waiting for thes FAQ of FAQ's to see if they clarify this but..

Thanks !

johnnyw
15-07-2010, 23:26
Cauldron of Blood still refers to losing the Death Hag when suffering it's 4th wound. Profile only has 3.

I think the 3 wounds on the Cauldron refers to the number of crew that must be killed to destroy it. The Death Hag itself has two wounds, so 4 wounds total to remove all 3 models

Lord Zarkov
15-07-2010, 23:28
EDIT- Additional.

A war machine's Wounds are always considered to be equal to the number of remaing crew models (which is stated in the war machine's entry) - the Wounds value on its profile is included only out of completeness
So all though it's odd that it only has 3 wounds (when it should really have 4, like the Casket of Souls has 5) it's actually irrelavent and it won't die until it loses it's fourth wound anyway.

Paraelix
15-07-2010, 23:34
I have a question!

The corsairs' handbows don't have any penalty for moving and shoot. This said (and being so short-ranged ) we have to apply the -1 modifier for shooting at long range? I was waiting for thes FAQ of FAQ's to see if they clarify this but..

Thanks !

Just had a look through the BRB... Quick to fire has no mention of ignoring -1 to hit at Long Range... So all the throwing axes out there are in the same boat... 3" short range.

Khal
15-07-2010, 23:37
Just had a look through the BRB... Quick to fire has no mention of ignoring -1 to hit at Long Range... So all the throwing axes out there are in the same boat... 3" short range.

It's a bit strange but... thanks for your quick reply! Hope they change it soon...

TheDarkDaff
16-07-2010, 01:13
I have a question!

Thanks !

Please read the FAQ properly. It remove the second paragraph of the Handbow rules which allow you to always stand and shoot. It did absoluteluy nothing to the first paragraph of the Handbow rules which remove the penalties for moving and shooting and long range. So have fun with them for now.

Necromancy Black
16-07-2010, 01:47
Wow, law of metal is now the end of steam tanks.

Archangelion
16-07-2010, 02:14
Hooray! They gave the CoB its Terror, Frenzy, Eternal Hatred and MR(1) back! Woo Hoo!

Paraelix
16-07-2010, 07:05
>_> Dunno if it was a new addition this time round... But Kweek can Auto-wound...

Reinier
16-07-2010, 08:40
Q. Is the casting of bound spells from the Casket of Souls an ‘innate’
ability? (p32)
A. Yes.

What does this mean? cant find it in the rulebook

Atrahasis
16-07-2010, 09:49
It's under Bound Spells in the magic section, p37.

Khal
16-07-2010, 10:10
Please read the FAQ properly. It remove the second paragraph of the Handbow rules which allow you to always stand and shoot. It did absoluteluy nothing to the first paragraph of the Handbow rules which remove the penalties for moving and shooting and long range. So have fun with them for now.

Oh great! I thought that I had to change ALL the rules. Thanks for such great news!

Khal
16-07-2010, 10:12
Q. Is the casting of bound spells from the Casket of Souls an ‘innate’
ability? (p32)
A. Yes.

What does this mean? cant find it in the rulebook

It means that if it gets an IF, you ignore the miscast but you can't cast any other bound spells

Arnizipal
16-07-2010, 11:35
We already have a thread discussing the new version of the FAQ. It can be found here (http://www.warseer.com/forums/showthread.php?t=266966).
I'm locking this one.

Arnizipal,

++ The Warseer Moderation Team ++