PDA

View Full Version : Quick Daemons Question

tacoo
16-07-2010, 01:12
Just one quick question, are daemons balanced now? wanted to start fantasy, and had daemon models from my 40k army, but didnt want to start with a instiwin button. Also i was thinking about running a tzeentch army with only a little bit of khorne and slaanesh units in it, is that viable?

dragonet111
16-07-2010, 07:54
I play Tzeentch with a few Khorne units and it work rather well. The balance in daemon army lists still depends on the player. You can came up with a good list fun de play with and against and not ultimately broken.
As it has been said in other thread Nurgle apart Daemon have not weaken in 8ed it's the other armies that have became stronger.

Basically the Daemon are still unbalance but if you are not a WAAC player it should be fine.

DaemonReign
16-07-2010, 11:10
Just one quick question, are daemons balanced now? wanted to start fantasy, and had daemon models from my 40k army, but didnt want to start with a instiwin button. Also i was thinking about running a tzeentch army with only a little bit of khorne and slaanesh units in it, is that viable?

They can never be balanced. It would be a shame.

That being said, mono-god tzeentch is really monotonous in the long run - sure you get spectacular fireworks, but it's a one way street if you're even gonna Try to be competative. And I am not sure 8th Edition allows even That.

Khorne and Slaanesh can make mono-Lists but if your opponent Knows he's gonna face mono-khorne he will be Ready. Slaanesh is probably the only really viable mono-choice in 8th Ed, if any.

Nurgle - Well, I think the mono-nurgle army (if you want to paint one million nurglingbases) is kinda sitting around smelling the flowers waiting for a new AB - or at least a mention in the errata after long years of service.

This list is crippled and monotonous Mark by Mark.

But no, it doesn't take much from another Mark to make all Lists (except Nurgle) competative. Speaking of Nurgle, in 8th Edition (prior to New AB/Errata) you need only get the GrUncleOne-model - everything else is just stuff you'd throw in for a decent handicap.