PDA

View Full Version : Question for DOC Players

SiNNiX
16-07-2010, 06:22
So, for the entire time 7th ed DOC was out, I've run a very successful Tzeentch Greater Daemon tournament list at 2,250 pts. So... now with the new rules (which I still haven't completely learned, nor played), I obviously can't use my Greater Daemon of Tzeentch anymore (you guys know what setup I'm talking about). So what have people been doing now in 8th as a substitute? I'm assuming people just no longer take GD's of Tzeentch in the new edition, but anyone have any other suggestions? When I start playing 8th, I'm sure I'll come up with a few things of my own and playtest them, just wanted to see how DOC players have been coping with the upsetting change.

Thanks as always! :)

DaemonReign
16-07-2010, 12:20
16 Horrors, FullCom.
44 Horrors, FullCom.
- Herald of Tzeentch, BSB
Standard of Chaos Glory
Master of Sorcery (Life)
Winged Horror
- Herald of Tzeentch
Master of Sorcery (Beasts)
2 x 6 Screamers of Tzeentch
3 x Flamers, 2 of the units have Pyrocasters
Lord of Change, General
Power Vortex
Dark Magister
-Herald of Tzeentch
On Disc, Master of Sorcery (Death)

I'm trimming this Roster for my First 8th Ed battle.

DaemonReign
16-07-2010, 12:33
16 Horrors, FullCom.
44 Horrors, FullCom.
- Herald of Tzeentch, BSB
Standard of Chaos Glory
Master of Sorcery (Life)
Winged Horror
- Herald of Tzeentch
Master of Sorcery (Beasts)
2 x 6 Screamers of Tzeentch
3 x Flamers, 2 of the units have Pyrocasters
Lord of Change, General
Power Vortex
Dark Magister
-Herald of Tzeentch
On Disc, Master of Sorcery (Death)

I'm trimming this Roster for my First 8th Ed battle.

EDIT: Wait, that's too many Rares isn't it? Damn, I'm too tired to look that up.

mrtn
16-07-2010, 13:02
EDIT: Wait, that's too many Rares isn't it? Damn, I'm too tired to look that up.That only depends on the point limit of the game. Welcome to 8th edition.

Lijacote
16-07-2010, 13:05
A huge unit of horrors work really nice. With a banner of sorcery, they get +5 to casting rolls, and with the most difficult spell for them being a 13+... they're pretty good, not to mention their own miscast table. With Steadfast (pretty sure it works for daemons?), they also become a horrible thing to kill. Went well for me when we played with some objectives.

meneroth
16-07-2010, 16:18
they have the unbreakable/unstable rule instead of Steadfast.

Tae
16-07-2010, 16:35
There's nothing wrong with the non-named GD of Tzeentch. Even in 2k he works. He knows all the spells and doesn't need to be level 4 for generating power dice. So a 'basic' one vs the old level 4 loses a massive +2 on casting attempts, that's it.

R-Love
16-07-2010, 21:23
EDIT: Wait, that's too many Rares isn't it? Damn, I'm too tired to look that up.

It'd be easier to tell if the list wasn't organized and not all jumbled up :D

they have the unbreakable/unstable rule instead of Steadfast.

No, they have Daemonic Instability, allows unmodified Leadership tests.

badguyshaveallthefun
17-07-2010, 22:55
There's nothing wrong with the non-named GD of Tzeentch. Even in 2k he works. He knows all the spells and doesn't need to be level 4 for generating power dice. So a 'basic' one vs the old level 4 loses a massive +2 on casting attempts, that's it.

You have to be careful here though, because if you miscast and roll a 10-12, it's entirely possible that in one go (2/3 chance) he won't be a wizard anymore. Happened to me last night. :) It's worth the points IMO to up him to level 4.

Tae
18-07-2010, 00:22
You have to be careful here though, because if you miscast and roll a 10-12, it's entirely possible that in one go (2/3 chance) he won't be a wizard anymore. Happened to me last night. :) It's worth the points IMO to up him to level 4.

Unless you play 2k, in which case that isn't an option.

However even if it is I would still rather take another Herald in place of making him a level 4, since even if he's a 4 and you lose wizarrd levels he could still end up being virtually crap.

chaoschild
18-07-2010, 08:53
oh dont forget look out sir rule now sucks ass so no mounts for heralds