PDA

View Full Version : Slann Regeneration - Did I miss something?

venomx51
16-07-2010, 13:42
I was reading in White Dwarf that the Slann's Transcendent Healing discipline was going to be a 3+ regeneration. As you cannot take both a ward save and a regeneration save in 8th edition, that made sense to me (although at 50 pts for an extra +1 save, I still wouldn't have used it).

However, the Lizzie FAQ has Transcendent Healing listed as a 4+ Regeneration. Unless you know you were going to come up against a goblin with the Tricksy Trinket or some other such Ward Save negating item, we now have an easy way to waste 50 points.

Or did I miss something?

Onidan
16-07-2010, 14:10
Maybe just (annother) mistake with the FaQ. I mean, the v1 of the FaQ had the Engineer give the Dwarven Cannon D6 damage instead of D6 it does anyway ^^

Ultimate Life Form
16-07-2010, 14:33
Transcendent Healing is absolutely useless. Spend points otherwise (to be frank it has never been that great, make him ethereal instead).

venomx51
16-07-2010, 14:35
Transcendent Healing is absolutely useless. Spend points otherwise (to be frank it has never been that great, make him ethereal instead).

Yeah, not going to spend the 50 points on that here. It's just so obviously useless I was wondering if I'd missed something...

Nocculum
16-07-2010, 15:07
There's a common item in the BRB that forces Ward Saves to be re-rolled.

You can elect to use Regeneration instead and stick it to the man ;)

Kugruk
16-07-2010, 15:36
There's a common item in the BRB that forces Ward Saves to be re-rolled.

You can elect to use Regeneration instead and stick it to the man ;)

You would still have to roll to make a regeneration save. You cant make a single roll and call it whatever save you want...as far as I'm aware, anyway

huitzilopochtli
16-07-2010, 22:41
And you'd have to have had all your temple guard killed so that the slann can be attacked...

Dokushin
16-07-2010, 22:55
And you'd have to have blown 50 points on the off chance one of the other guys had that item, managed to get B2B with the Slann, attacked, and wounded him.

But yeah, the possibility is there *grin*.

musical
16-07-2010, 22:58
I pointed this out not so long ago after FAQ was released, yes it is now totally useless. I think changing it to a 3+ regen would be the best 'patch up' option before the new codex* comes out.

Er you know Higher State of Consciousness do that already, only the wording is a little old so it says 'Only magical attacks have any effect upon the Slann.' instead of using 'ethereal'.

* ;) Only winding you up to show how annoyed I am at this.

Ultimate Life Form
16-07-2010, 23:01
*Rephrases in a booming, god-like voice so that everyone may understand:*

'Thou Shalt Buy Higher State of Consciousness Instead Of Transcendent Healing!'

Sparowl
17-07-2010, 01:43
In other words, no, you didn't miss anything.

GW might've missed something, like making that ability worth anything.

Necromancy Black
17-07-2010, 03:01
Solution: stop believing anything ever written in WD.

Also, stuff both Higher State of Consciousness and Transcendent Healing, that's what TG are for :p Focus of Mystery, The Focused Rumination and The Becalming Cogitation are where it's at :D