PDA

View Full Version : Imperial Armour 9 preview at Games Day.

jay court
18-07-2010, 14:12
Noticed on GW/FW site that Imperial Armour 9 is being previewed at this years UK Games Day.

GW are keeping the details top secret, hoping the Eldar will be in the book as out of the main armies in 40k (Marines, I.Guard, Chaos, Orks,etc) they've not been done yet.

I know in the foreword of IA8 it was mentioned that Orks would have another book, I hope not just yet though.

If Eldar are in the book, who would they fight? Not Marines please, Necrons maybe? Would be a good excuse to give both armies a bit of a boost.

KingDeath
18-07-2010, 14:21
Whoever fights, in the good old Imperial Armour tradition the Imperium will lose :D
Ah well, IA fluff is still much better than 90% of the stuff we have in the rulebooks.

jay court
18-07-2010, 14:31
Thought they won the Siege of Vraks campaign?

Mannimarco
18-07-2010, 14:37
They did, just lost a tonne of manpower, equipment and an armoury world.

Drakcore Bloodtear
18-07-2010, 14:43
Wait, FW releasing Mk5 Heresy armour
Super top secret project

Primarch!!!! ;)

Iracundus
18-07-2010, 14:45
Noticed on GW/FW site that Imperial Armour 9 is being previewed at this years UK Games Day.

GW are keeping the details top secret, hoping the Eldar will be in the book as out of the main armies in 40k (Marines, I.Guard, Chaos, Orks,etc) they've not been done yet.

I know in the foreword of IA8 it was mentioned that Orks would have another book, I hope not just yet though.

If Eldar are in the book, who would they fight? Not Marines please, Necrons maybe? Would be a good excuse to give both armies a bit of a boost.

I think it's been stated they would be fighting Space Wolves. Given GW/FW's overall fondness for the macho drinking fighting viking barbarian stereotype (or just general macho stereotypes in general such as the Inquisitor Lord in the Siege of Vraks), and GW's track record for the Eldar, I'm guessing the Eldar will lose and possibly another Avatar will bite the dust.

I hope I'm wrong though, and that the conflict will be even handed rather than just a one sided slaughter (for either side), as the last Elysian vs. Ork one was in IA8. One sided books end up being a bit ho-hum and unexciting.

jay court
18-07-2010, 14:58
Not more Marines please! (& I'm a Marine player!).

Come on GW, show some originality for once! I know Marines are GW's bread & butter, but not everybody wants to see yet another Marine v the rest battle.

DeadlySquirrel
18-07-2010, 15:47
Super top secret project

Primarch!!!! ;)

Your kidding me? =0

HERESY ARMOUR!!!! w00t, i smell a conversion...

back on topic: Eldar vs Dark eldar *crosses fingers*
Id love to see how they fight it =]

Tapok
18-07-2010, 16:02
Unfortunately we're almost guarenteed it'll be Eldar vs (Some marines chapter), because

A. Marines are the GW staple at the moment (As tragic as that is)

2. Someone from FW (I think it was Warwick) is on record as saying it's always going to be the Imperium vs someone else.

Personally, I think it's silly to always have it as the Imperium vs someone else, because there's a lot more going on in the grim future than just the Imperium. Still, common sense like that can't resist cognitive dissonance of GW's magnitude.

IAMNOTHERE
18-07-2010, 16:17
Well as it will involve the Imperium you can guarantee IG to die in droves, there will be a supporting cast of SM dropping in either to break the deadlock or to randomly purge some Imperial citizens and for opposition?

FW have been pushing Orks recently and not much else, I can't see GW releasing any new eldar products at the same time as they release DE - too much money taken away from their risky project - so that leave Tau, Nids or Daemons.

My money's on Nids.

DeadlySquirrel
18-07-2010, 16:18
Unfortunately we're almost guarenteed it'll be Eldar vs (Some marines chapter), because

A. Marines are the GW staple at the moment (As tragic as that is)

2. Someone from FW (I think it was Warwick) is on record as saying it's always going to be the Imperium vs someone else.

Personally, I think it's silly to always have it as the Imperium vs someone else, because there's a lot more going on in the grim future than just the Imperium. Still, common sense like that can't resist cognitive dissonance of GW's magnitude.

but then again it is IMPERIAL ARMOUR, not XENOS or HERETICAL. the content is in the name...

Justicar Valius
18-07-2010, 16:24
Space wolves would make sense for the Imperium side what with Thunder wolves :shifty:

Nids, chaos and tau have had the last few and I believe that Eldar or Orks will appear as the Imperium's enemy.

Ulrig
18-07-2010, 16:38
From what I have seen of the books, they are all wrote from the perspective of the imperium. So I think its safe to say IA9 will will be IG or SM Vs. Something.

As of late, I would lean on another book with orks. But with the way IA8 Was done....a lot of the models were released beforehand so we should have a good idea with IA9.

The Inevitable One
18-07-2010, 16:43
Super top secret project

Primarch!!!! ;)

It does seem possible because they did create rules for Angron in Apocalypse. Though that was post-Heresy and he is now a Daemon Prince, but still, possible. I was looking at the rumour/news thread about the Ork Kommandos and I saw one of the peices for the Mk 5 Heresy Armor and I must say I can't wait.

Hellebore
18-07-2010, 17:12
but then again it is IMPERIAL ARMOUR, not XENOS or HERETICAL. the content is in the name...

So why are there any xenos miniatures/content at all?

Hellebore

Chaos and Evil
18-07-2010, 17:15
It's supposed to be Space wolves versus Eldar, and the Space Wolves will be getting Thunderwolf models.

massey
18-07-2010, 17:54
So why are there any xenos miniatures/content at all?

Hellebore

Being upset that a series called "Imperial Armour" focuses on the Imperials is like being upset that Seinfeld focused on Jerry Seinfeld. The xenos are there to give the Imperials something to kill.

Wolf Lord Balrog
18-07-2010, 17:56
I think it's been stated they would be fighting Space Wolves. Given GW/FW's overall fondness for the macho drinking fighting viking barbarian stereotype (or just general macho stereotypes in general such as the Inquisitor Lord in the Siege of Vraks), and GW's track record for the Eldar, I'm guessing the Eldar will lose and possibly another Avatar will bite the dust.

I want Ragnar Blackmane to FALCON PAWNCH the Avatar. :D <dodges thrown chairs and rotten fruit.> Just kidding, just kidding. :D

It's supposed to be Space wolves versus Eldar, and the Space Wolves will be getting Thunderwolf models.

^^ OMGWTFBBQ Please! This! :)

FabricatorGeneralMike
18-07-2010, 20:54
Why can't it be SW/Eldar VS some one else?? I think the Eldar and SW vs rogue Tech-priest/Ad-mech would make a freaking awsome IA book... and we can finally get some FW ad-mech stuff. Sounds like win-win to me :shifty:

Fulgrim's Gimp
18-07-2010, 20:55
My guess will be Badab War.

Wolf Lord Balrog
18-07-2010, 21:04
My guess will be Badab War.

But neither the Space Wolves nor Eldar were involved in the Badab War. Maybe a twofer book?

Vaktathi
18-07-2010, 21:42
I'd love to see something centered around elite IG armies (e.g. Stormtrooper companies, Kasrkin formations, etc) and Eldar.

Or, something that is truly centered around Imperial Armour. IA 1 and 2 didn't have any stories, IA3 was Elysians and primarily infantry centered, likewise IA4, IA 5-7 had some tank stuff but again primarily centered around infantry wars of attrition, and IA8 went back to what 3 and 4 did. It'd be nice to see an Imperial Armour book actually centered around large mechanized conflicts.

AndrewGPaul
18-07-2010, 22:29
The existing Red Scorpion upgrade sets have models in mark4 armour, which is older than mark 5, and they're for a book which is set roughly in the 'present'. I'm almost certain this guy is the same. I don't think there'll be a 'historical' IA book.

Wrath
19-07-2010, 06:37
ohhh sign me up in the Eldar Vs Necron wishlist plz.

Tapok
19-07-2010, 07:55
Being upset that a series called "Imperial Armour" focuses on the Imperials is like being upset that Seinfeld focused on Jerry Seinfeld. The xenos are there to give the Imperials something to kill.

I'd pay good money for IMPERIAL ARMOUR 9 - THE NEWMAN WAR.

MegaPope
19-07-2010, 08:48
Thinking outside the box here - since the Ork Mega-Dred concept appeared, I've been waiting for some sign that Imperial and Eldar Knights will make a comeback. I thought this might happen with IA8, but thinking about it, if there is to be a campaign book featuring Eldar, it might be the optimum time for the Knight concept in general to re-appear.

Wouldn't that be cool? Kinght Households, Skitarii, Exodites...all the sort of left-field stuff that FW generally gets to do.

Oh....and some SWs I suppose....:shifty:;)

Godzooky
19-07-2010, 08:58
Thinking outside the box here - since the Ork Mega-Dred concept appeared, I've been waiting for some sign that Imperial and Eldar Knights will make a comeback. I thought this might happen with IA8, but thinking about it, if there is to be a campaign book featuring Eldar, it might be the optimum time for the Knight concept in general to re-appear.

Wouldn't that be cool? Kinght Households, Skitarii, Exodites...all the sort of left-field stuff that FW generally gets to do.

Oh....and some SWs I suppose....:shifty:;)

Hmmm, an AdMech explorator fleet lands on a maiden world in search of some STCs only to find an unhappy exodite population. AdMech call for assistance and the nearest help is a SW battle barge, packed with thunderwolves. Bam. :)

Craftworld
19-07-2010, 09:02
Come ooooon Eldar.

/crosses fingers

shaga
19-07-2010, 09:03
Orks could be in the next book. Considering they covered 3 clans in the last book.
And they want to cover the other 3 in their own words.
Their latest release are Commandos.
Blood Axe Commandos one of the clans they did not cover.
This would be a purfect way to advertise them.

Godzooky
19-07-2010, 09:09
Orks could be in the next book. Considering they covered 3 clans in the last book.
And they want to cover the other 3 in their own words.
Their latest release are Commandos.
Blood Axe Commandos one of the clans they did not cover.
This would be a purfect way to advertise them.

Nooooooo!!!

I'm all orked out. Let someone else have a go. :cries:

Avian
19-07-2010, 09:22
Space wolves would make sense for the Imperium side what with Thunder wolves :shifty:
The chance of FW producing models for codex units is virtually non-existent these days.

ashc
19-07-2010, 09:49
Surely the release is tied to the most recent 'new stuff' from FW? So expect IG, Orks, and Raven Guard?

Binky
19-07-2010, 10:21
Surely the release is tied to the most recent 'new stuff' from FW? So expect IG, Orks, and Raven Guard?

That was IA8.

Baragash
19-07-2010, 10:29
Regarding Orks, IIRC (is it in the preface to IA8, I don't remember?), FW said they would come back to the other 3 clanz, but not immediately (much the same as they said about Slaanesh and Tzeentch stuff).

ashc
19-07-2010, 11:58
That was IA8.

Ah, I see. I'm one book behind in-the-know, but then again I don't follow FW religiously.

Dronevil
19-07-2010, 17:04
Hmmm, an AdMech explorator fleet lands on a maiden world in search of some STCs only to find an unhappy exodite population. AdMech call for assistance and the nearest help is a SW battle barge, packed with thunderwolves. Bam. :)

Exodite Dragon Knights vs. Thunderwolf Cavalry. Now that would be awesome.

Anything with Eldar in and I'll be happy. Even better if it's Eldar vs. Slaanesh/Tzeentch. Obviously that would never happen though for aforementioned reasons. :(

Sai-Lauren
19-07-2010, 17:18
Why not Eldar vs Necrons, with a radical Ordo Xenos inquisitor as the observer/ reporter to give the human's eye view (say one who's politically out of favour for whatever reason, and thus been assigned to a Tomb World somewhere that makes the back end of nowhere look like a plum job), a few Stormtrooper squads and a small Deathwatch kill team involved? Just because they need a human viewpoint doesn't mean they have to be one side on their own.

New Eldar, new Necron war machines (and possibly some deliniation between the forces of the different C'Tan), detailing on the Ordo Xenos and their Stormtroopers and finally Deathwatch rules just to top it all off. :D

AndrewGPaul
19-07-2010, 17:28
When I asked about this at the Open Day, the outline plot they had in mind was that Eldar attack an Imperial world in small numbers at first, then in ever-escalating numbers as the Imperium responds. After the conflict has escalated to encompass the whole planet (at least to the level where Phantom titans are deployed, anyway), the Eldar simply vanish again, their objective complete, leaving the Imperium none the wiser.

DeadlySquirrel
19-07-2010, 19:44

OFC, raven guard

*slaps head*

Raven guard vs the blood axe orks. both stealthy sneaky armies... if this is the book, twill be made of awsome

DuskRaider
20-07-2010, 00:19
I always thought AdMech VS DarkMech would be an incredibly awesome IA book.

Dreachon
20-07-2010, 09:44
I always thought AdMech VS DarkMech would be an incredibly awesome IA book.

Now your making me drool.

RCgothic
20-07-2010, 09:52
Seeing as how they're working on an Eldar Phantom Titan, Eldar will almost certainly be involved.

I think the Space Wolves vs Eldar claim has some truth to it.

GrogDaTyrant
20-07-2010, 15:36
I hope I'm wrong though, and that the conflict will be even handed rather than just a one sided slaughter (for either side), as the last Elysian vs. Ork one was in IA8. One sided books end up being a bit ho-hum and unexciting.

Yeah... tell me about it. :rolleyes: That's why I don't bother reading anything involving Orks from Black Library... well, aside from Deff Skwadrun.

I too have heard that another IA book will feature Orks, specifically for the other clans that weren't represented in IA8. But I think 9 isn't the one they'll be in. It would be nice to see some more Eldar.