PDA

View Full Version : Wolfen Themed Ogre Kingdom army Question

Arkh
19-07-2010, 01:42
So.... I've been working on a Wolfen themed Ogre Kingdom army as a side project for a couple years now and have a conundrum with the evolution of the scrap launcher becoming a very effective choice in 8th edition OK armies.

My current Gnoblars are represented by Kodamas, little forest spirits. The entire army is forest / nature themed which makes the scrap launcher contraption not really fit in. So now I am in need of some ideas on what I can use to represent a scrap launcher that would either be following a foresty nature theme or would be following a Wolfen theme.

Anybody have any ideas?

Edit: Scratch that. I just figured out what I want to do. Of course I had to ponder over it for like a week and then post on warseer before the idea would come to me. :/

Feefait
19-07-2010, 01:48
Dog poo?

BTW really cool idea. :)

CaptScott
19-07-2010, 02:48
How about some foresty/thorny beast that fires its spines at the approaching enemy before charging into combat (sort of like a giant lizardmen Razordon).

lol What a GW solution to that problem that was. When in doubt, create a giant cool looking monster :D

Arkh
19-07-2010, 03:57
How about some foresty/thorny beast that fires its spines at the approaching enemy before charging into combat (sort of like a giant lizardmen Razordon).

lol What a GW solution to that problem that was. When in doubt, create a giant cool looking monster :D

Yeah that was my original idea, but the Slave Giant is already a Great Earth Spirit. And I don't want it to be too much like a treeman.

Here's the idea I came up with (details and literature still be hazy at the moment):

Storm Caller (Scraplauncher):

Special Rules: Chariot, Causes Fear, Bad Tempered, Stone Thrower

Units Size: 1

Equipment: 4+ save and a bunch of Kodama.

Rock Slider (Chariot): Storm Callers are known to perch on top of high outcroppings. When they sense an enemy is close they will call lightning to strike the rocks in order to create a rock slide that flows down towards the enemy. The storm callers are so attuned with the Spirit of Air that they are capable of riding the rocks down towards their enemy and smashing into the enemy along with the rocks. Storm Callers benefit from the Chariot special rules.

Causes Fear: Storm Callers are large possessed creatures and as such, cause fear.

Bad Tempered: As part of the induction to becoming a Storm Caller, the apprentice is subject to behavior modification that makes them a very hateful creature. As such, If there is an eligible target for the Storm Caller to charge, it must immediately pass a LD test or charge. If there is a choice of targets, the controlling player may choose which to charge.

Lightning Storm (Stone Thrower): Storm Callers determine where their storm hits exactly like stone throwers. They can move and fire, and have a 90 degree arc of sight. All hits from the Lightning Storm use the Large Template and are resolved at a strength of 3, causing 1 wound. They have the Killing Blow special rule, other than this exception, normal armour saves apply. In the event of a misfire, consult the Nature’s Wrath Chart.

Nature’s Wrath Chart:
D6 Effect
1 The Storm Caller has angered the Spirit of Air beyond repair and is now subject to its wrath. A flurry of unnatural weather surrounds him and rips him limb from limb. Remove him from play.
2 While attempting to harness a lightning storm, bolts of lightning strike wildly at the outcropping and start an unintended rock slide. The Storm Caller charges 3D6” in a random direction. If he strikes a unit, that unit will immediately take 2D6 impact hits at Strength 5. Since the Storm Caller was not prepared for the rock slide, he is caught amongst the rocks and crushed. Remove him from play.
3 Kodama Tricksters have taken the place of the Kodama and have convinced the Storm Caller that the Wolfen are the enemy. The opposing player may immediately place a storm template as if it were under his control.
4 Just before a lightning storm was fully harnessed it released directly above the Storm Caller. Resolve the storm with the Large Template’s hole directly on the center of the Storm Caller, scattering as usual.
5 The Storm Caller was unsuccessful at his attempt to create a Lightning Storm.
6 The energy of the lightning storm surged into a single bolt of lightning that strikes the intended target. Instead of using the large template, resolve a single Strength 5 hit at its point of impact (Killing Blow still applies)