PDA

View Full Version : Skaven 2nd Wave

Pages : [1] 2 3 4

Deff Mekz
19-07-2010, 15:24
So it has been declared, Skaven will be getting a 2nd wave before the end of this year. To abrieviate discussion of this from clogging up the High Elf thread I have made a new one. Cheers, Deff.

Summary

Scryer has told us the following.

1) There will be a Skaven art book of sme sort, maybe even a Skaven Uniforms an Heraldry book.

It's a Skaven book unfortunately. I was hoping there might be a 'matching' High Elves one (like with the Battle Magic decks) lurking somewhere further back in the list, but doesn't look like it.

I should say that it's not for 100% certain to be a Heraldry and Uniforms book, just that it is an "art book" code for Skaven. i.e. not a rules or army book code but the same code prefix in which lie the Heraldry and Uniforms books, Collectors Guides, etc.
The page in the 8th Ed rulebook could be an indication.

Scryer also later added that art like this might be in the art book.93267 (See the attached pic)

On to the wave release kits

Art book, magic deck, 6 blisters and 2 plastic boxes.

I pretty sure it was Harry who said he had seen a WIP Hellpit Abomination a while back, please correct if I'm wrong, so this could be one of the release kits. Harry and Stepping later added these snippets.

Pretty sure the HPA is finished now.

I am not so sure that this is the only big kit on the way for Skaven.

Hastings also added this:

Can I add a few things?

Would it be nice if there were two new character blisters, 1 a redux of an older model, and 1 a new character from the latest Skaven book ;)

Also, I persume this confirms Tretch as a mini, as he was the new character in the latest Skaven book wasn't he?

(Where are we, the Skaven thread?) Right, how about instead I tell you one of the metal blisters is a bitz pack...? :D

*runs round the room three times waving his arms like a chicken and scoots out the door*

2nd Plastic Kit
On the topic of the second plastic kit, we had these snippets from Grimmeth and godless.

Not sure how accurate this is, but my source has normally erred on the side of being correct previously so more than an idle rumour...

Heard that Skaven Weapon teams are going to be done in a similar way to IG weapon teams that is, 3 in a box (maybe an individual box to be later released?) that has the options for all the weapons on it.

Nah, pretty sure Grimmeth hit the head on the money for the second plastic kit.

Oh and Harry also added this in reply to Mystic Weasel

I am just hoping for something skryre! Ikit claw, Globadiers, Warp lightning cannon sized like in the army book. I would be happy for one of the above...or maybe 2! (^-^). i think the waiting will kill me!

For you ... It will be worth the wait. :D

Metal Blisters

Fingol posted this
Update on the poster for Scryer, it has the classic rat ogres with names, Ikrit Claw, Thanquol and some assorted high elf stuff including metal swordmasters on it.

Hasitings confirmed itik Claw as a release at some point in the future.
I know ikit claw is coming out,
So in short, the release schedule looks like this, at this moment in time.

Itik Claw (resculpt)
Tretch
A resculpted Thanquol
Hellpit Abominaation
Plastic Weapon Teams
3 Blisters of Named metal Rat Ogres,
Skaven Slaves Slings Bitz Pack
And finally one Skaven art book/heraldry book

That's all folks! Cheers, Deff.

75hastings69
19-07-2010, 15:26
Can I add a few things?

Would it be nice if there were two new character blisters, 1 a redux of an older model, and 1 a new character from the latest Skaven book ;)

Scryer in the Darkness
19-07-2010, 15:27
I should say that it's not for 100% certain to be a Heraldry and Uniforms book, just that it is an "art book" code for Skaven. i.e. not a rules or army book code but the same code prefix in which lie the Heraldry and Uniforms books, Collectors Guides, etc.

ED-209b
19-07-2010, 15:29
I pretty sure it was Harry who said he had seen a WIP Hellpit Abomination a while back

Squeeee! I'd love to hear a description of what that looked like. It's a real tough one to get right - Im not too keen on the art on its AB page. Please let Seb be on it!

Grimstonefire
19-07-2010, 15:36
A background book for the skaven will be very nice, no doubt there will be a high elf one to follow at some point.

There are 3 characters that could be candidates imo; Ikit Claw, Skrolk or Thanquol + Boneripper. Any of which I'd be really happy with. For the new character it has to be Tretch, as all other characters have a model already.

@Scryer, would you happen to know if Grudgelore was in this category of code?

Can I also ask, are the blister packs likely to be say 2 of the same thing (for example, two packs of two globadiers, 2 doom flayers etc)? Or are they all different?

Kronos
19-07-2010, 15:37
Can I add a few things?

so the only new character left would be Tretch Craventail and I'm guessing the model getting a remake would be either throt, ikit, and Skrolk ....... my money is on Ikit he seems to me to be the only one to drastically stand out from the current line.

either way cheers for the rumours :)

suprememidgetoverlord
19-07-2010, 15:38
Someone mentioned they'd like to see a redux of thanquol and boneripper by Seb, with a rat-ogre like the ones from IoB and the screaming bell kit.

I would like to echo the sentiment, seems like I'll be revisiting skaven, again.

Tokamak
19-07-2010, 15:41
"Skaven: Uniforms and Heraldy"

Anyone else find this hysterically funny?

Deff Mekz
19-07-2010, 15:41
Can I add a few things?

Indeed you can. ;)

Ok I'll add change that then Scryer.

Cheers to both of you.

Yep since when did Skaven have heraldry, apart from clan symbols. :D

Oh sorry for double post, I was getting carried away.

Kronos
19-07-2010, 15:44
Someone mentioned they'd like to see a redux of thanquol and boneripper by Seb, with a rat-ogre like the ones from IoB and the screaming bell kit.

I would like to echo the sentiment, seems like I'll be revisiting skaven, again.

imo he is the character which needs most attention but as hastings said blisters i doubt it would be thanquol :( seeing as it would probably be a box sized miniature.

LaughinGremlin
19-07-2010, 16:12
Some Skaven characters have traditionally had "back banners for their trophies and identifying symbols/banners, and that is essentially what heraldry is... :)

Scryer in the Darkness
19-07-2010, 16:14
@Scryer, would you happen to know if Grudgelore was in this category of code?
I don't know Grudgelore's product code, do you? I would assume it's a Black Library product anyway... I ignore BL codes, I only deal with GW products.

TsukeFox
19-07-2010, 16:17
So can they fit a ratogre bonebreaker or a poxrat warlord in a blister? Cause um I still do not see those for sale yet? Hopefully the catapult will show up. And the doom flayer. Thanks for the rumour.

cornonthecob
19-07-2010, 16:20
I'd assume the character being re-done is Ikit. Skrolk is alright and Thanquol was done for sixth edition.

stahly
19-07-2010, 16:33
Scryer said six blisters... If two of them are characters, the other 4 would be Weapon teams I assume?
Looking forward to the plastik kits as well, personally I'm hoping for a big plastic Warp Lightning Cannon with a wicked Seb Perbet style crew. Hadn't Harry hinted that there would be one in the works?

Lord Mayor Of Y'ha-nthlei
19-07-2010, 16:41
I'd assume the character being re-done is Ikit. Skrolk is alright and Thanquol was done for sixth edition.

Boneripper was re-done (following a fluff piece or story where he was slain by Gotrek), the Thanquol sculpt dates back to the early 90's (3rd Ed i believe)

Personaly i'm hoping for a redux of this pair

Quetzl
19-07-2010, 17:54
Aw man this is proper exciting! Lots of Skaven goodness, think I'm gonna be spending a LOT of money in the coming months! Good times GW!

Desert Rain
19-07-2010, 18:11
If there are 2 plastic sets one is almost certainly the HPA the other might be either the catapult thing or a WLC or something else light night runners perhaps?

I assume that the remaining 4 blisters after the characters are weapon teams, or perhaps globadiers.

Skyven
19-07-2010, 18:13
Temple of the Serpent (Thanquol and Boneripper) is due out early September. Is this the Skaven book?

Scryer in the Darkness
19-07-2010, 18:27
Temple of the Serpent (Thanquol and Boneripper) is due out early September. Is this the Skaven book?

As Temple of the Serpent is a Black Library product, then no.

Scarecr0w14
19-07-2010, 19:15
Doubt it will ahppen but a box of new rat ogres sculpted by seb would make my day. I take it this is when we can expect globadeirs?

Schelle
19-07-2010, 19:21
Ok, plastic HPA and plastic kit to make either globadiers or plague censer bearers. This is pure wishlisting, so please don't all go ape.

BruderLoras
19-07-2010, 19:31
Ok, plastic HPA and plastic kit to make either globadiers or plague censer bearers. This is pure wishlisting, so please don't all go ape.
Globadiers and censer bearers wouldn't make sense in one kit, they look vastly different. Just compare the style of the Doomwheel Engineer (or the one from the starter kit for that matter) with the Furnace crew. No similarities whatsoever.

Mr. Ultra
19-07-2010, 19:34
A redone of an old model?

My hopes are for the Vermin Lord.

Schelle
19-07-2010, 21:03
My hopes are similar Mr. Ultra

mathieu
19-07-2010, 21:41
If there are 2 plastic sets one is almost certainly the HPA the other might be either the catapult thing or a WLC or something else light night runners perhaps?I rather doubt that they'll keep the rat-ogres as exclusive to the IoB box, so my guess would be that the second box is going to be rat-ogres. Perhaps not the same exact models as in the box (which would be sweet).

BruderLoras
19-07-2010, 21:45
I don't think so. Want nice Rat Ogres? Buy the starter.

So I'm rather expecting either a war machine or an Eshin box. Which would please me more, as the WLC already looks pretty good, whereas the Nightrunners make you shudder if you place their filthy monkey faces next to the beautiful new core models.

Harry
19-07-2010, 21:47
I pretty sure it was Harry who said he had seen a WIP Hellpit Abomination a while back, please correct if I'm wrong....
I didn't say that exactly ...
But I might know something about it. :D

Deff Mekz
19-07-2010, 22:04
I didn't say that exactly ...
But I might know something about it. :D

Well you did know. ;) :D

Max_Killfactor
19-07-2010, 22:09
A redone of an old model?

My hopes are for the Vermin Lord.

That would be amazing.

steppingonyou
19-07-2010, 22:12
i know what I have been painting. and its big

Harry
19-07-2010, 22:13

EmperorNorton
19-07-2010, 22:15
Guess I'll wait with converting my own HPA and trying to sculpt a Vermin Lord (which would have almost inevitably been abandoned mid-project anyway).

75hastings69
19-07-2010, 22:22

Is it a warpstone pile???? :D

It is.

Neither am I ;)

Darnok
19-07-2010, 22:25

Shoeboxes are big. Doesn't make them fitting for this topic. ;)

stahly
19-07-2010, 22:31
*coughcoughwarplightingcannon* or *coughcoughplagueclawcatapult* or even *coughcoughcombinedkitofboth*? :D

steppingonyou
19-07-2010, 22:37
i wont spoil any surprises. but i can say, something HE, something skaven, and something definitely influenced by chaos.

i wish i had something new for my VC though. i hope they dont sit on stuff like the demon prince

Deff Mekz
19-07-2010, 22:46
I going to say; HE= New Imrik Skaven= Hellpit Abomination/ Vermin Lord plastic kit with customizable optins. (Wait a min, Skaven getting something else big check, unknown plastic kit check. Rumour gaints, what say you! :D ) And lastly for chaos I have no clue.

Plagueridden
19-07-2010, 22:48

uh no, esspecialy with the skavensigns and painted bones one could go a long way.:rolleyes:
also with regard on used materials; leather, chainmail, plate , warpaint, trophies etc etc.

ot;

awesomeness, seems the waiting is def worth the effort.

if this goes on, I will nominate the Skaven army for the best looking army from GW so far.

Hochdorf
19-07-2010, 22:55
I'm so happy I threw in my lot with the Children of the Horned Rat. This is a Golden Age for the denizens of Skavendom!

GodlessM
19-07-2010, 23:02

Funny 'cause last time the HPA was brought up as not being finished yet and someone mentioned you painting it you denied having ever said that, yet here it is again.

i wont spoil any surprises. but i can say, something HE, something skaven, and something definitely influenced by chaos.

i wish i had something new for my VC though. i hope they dont sit on stuff like the demon prince

Very easy to say that when people have been reading it here for months.

On the second point, thought you there were new Black Knights and you had the models in your hand? :rolleyes: Its good to see some honesty for a change.

Triple7s
20-07-2010, 00:18
New verminlord would be nice but alas i can't see it happening. The current model is very very dated though in my opinion.

Scarecr0w14
20-07-2010, 00:25
Maybe the chaos thing is a warshrine? Who knows, but with Temple of the serpent god next month, the starter box after that and then skaven reinforcments by the end of the year? All I know is that im happy I have such love for the rats as I do! Maybe skaven will be the new space marines???

ScytheSwathe
20-07-2010, 00:28
Something influenced by chaos eh?
Chaos dwarves?
Chaos Fimir?

Oh ok then, i wont go down that route...

The other big skaven thing can only reasonably be a plagueclaw or verminlord, all the other big things have models in line with the curent range; and i dont see them making enough money off a verminlord to bother making that in plastic at the moment.

Grimstonefire
20-07-2010, 00:31
Note that Steppingonyou did not specifically say that he was actually painting anything new, so I wouldn't go reading too much in until he confirms (or denies) he is. ;)

Scarecr0w14
20-07-2010, 00:36
with skaven being able to field 17057302375 rare units due to the new rules, id put my money on it being rare choices like the HPA, WLC and PCC.

How ever I would love a new rat ogre boxset so much, if they made a good looking vermin lord id put buy him and use him in lists just because he looks cool.

Vyslav
20-07-2010, 00:45
i never said i was painting it from the new set. quote me.

not to mention that it was from a PLOG that got closed for being off topic. your know, because painting and talk of colors is off topic.

Steppingonyou only said the HPA was not part of the new starter set.

I will definately be interested in what take the sculptor takes on it.

steppingonyou
20-07-2010, 01:10
its got a few arms and legs. and tail. hypothetically, of course.

Vyslav
20-07-2010, 01:18
Can you describe the pose a bit more? Is it rearing up or is it on all fours (or however many legs)?

DigitalDogParty
20-07-2010, 09:10
I don't know about a plastic catapult. The Plague furnace is a decent enough conversion for it, along with something else. Still, I'd love a plastic kit. If it's modeled like the furnace, then hell yes.

As for the Hellpit Abomination, yes please. Also, is it just me, or would a plastic kit that contains all the weapons teams be kinda nice? Er, allows you to make any of the choices. Maybe that's too much.

I also think Tretch wouldn't be an interesting take. Considering how he's just a slightly better clanrat or something, he doesn't do much. I've never seen myself taking him, ever. As for the re-sculpt, possibly a Verminlord? Though I still think he's overpriced(Points). Skrolk is a good model, but maybe Thanquol? Hm. He is a bit monkey-ish.

Deus Mechanicus
20-07-2010, 09:29
i would assume that one of the new plastic kits are redone Night Runners. The monkey-rat proportions have them looking way off from the rest of the range.

Urgat
20-07-2010, 11:09
A heraldry book for skavens? Come on, it will be a rags book :p

Vyslav, the arrow on your avatar is pointing the wrong way :p

NixonAsADaemonPrince
20-07-2010, 11:31
A heraldry book for skavens? Come on, it will be a rags book :p

Vyslav, the arrow on your avatar is pointing the wrong way :p

Maybe he's talking about a different, more interesting conversation. Wait, what did I just say?! A more interesting topic than Warhammer?! :D

Nixon

His Master's Voice
20-07-2010, 13:31
I can only hope for a re-sculpted Verminlord. I doubt they'd make it plastic and I'm not sure if it would fit into a blister.

NotFarnaby
20-07-2010, 15:00
I am so incredibly sick of steppingonyou. I don't know what's worse, the made up rumors or the endless defensive posturing.

Hoping for updated rat ogres, but if I were to guess the new kits:

Tretch
Ikit Klaw
Plastic Abomination
Plastic Nightrunners/Gutter Runners (new)
Metal Poisonwind Mortar
Metal Warpfire Thrower (New)
Metal Doomflayer?
Metal Globadiers

abuk
20-07-2010, 15:03
And I am really hoping for new RatOgres - same designs as in the IoB set. However, the lack of plastic trolls (common trolls, not river trolls) after BfSP was released disturbs this hope :P

And the second plastic box could well be a box with weapon teams :)

meowser
20-07-2010, 15:05
predictions:
boxes:
- hpa
- WLC / PCC

blisters:
- weapons teams (re-cast/variants of IoB, poss. doomflayer or warp grinder)
- generic BSB

Dakka Dan 42
20-07-2010, 15:14
I would quite literally pee myself with joy if we got new Rat Ogres and Poison Wind Globadiers.

Binky
20-07-2010, 15:36
I'd be very suprised (though very happy) if we got new Rat Ogres, the current models are pretty new and GW don't usually replace plastics that quickly. Would definitely like to see the whole of the old plastic Skaven range replaced TBH, the Plague Monks are OK but they share a style far similar to the old clanrats than the new ones. Can't see that happening for a while though either.

Suspect that the two plastics are likely to be the HPA and the Plague Catapult as they don't currently have models.

Deff Mekz
20-07-2010, 15:43
We've got a Plagueclaw catapult, it's called the Plague furnace cutto pieces. ;)

Dakka Dan 42
20-07-2010, 16:30
I'd be very suprised (though very happy) if we got new Rat Ogres, the current models are pretty new and GW don't usually replace plastics that quickly. Would definitely like to see the whole of the old plastic Skaven range replaced TBH, the Plague Monks are OK but they share a style far similar to the old clanrats than the new ones. Can't see that happening for a while though either.

Suspect that the two plastics are likely to be the HPA and the Plague Catapult as they don't currently have models.

Well, the new Rat Ogres came out with the Lustria book in, what, 1995? GW has redone models in that amount of time before, the Space Marine Ven Dred for example.

Again, this is really just me praying to all things furry and evil that we get a kit of Rat Ogres that look like those brutes that come in IoB. :angel:

Deff Mekz
20-07-2010, 16:52
the Space Marine Ven Dred

I think that just about backs up Binky completely.

Scryer in the Darkness
20-07-2010, 16:55
That was a metal to plastic transition anyway, doesn't count. Can anybody think of a non-core plastic kit that got an updated plastic kit within a few years? Note: updated, not retooled.

Deff Mekz
20-07-2010, 17:23
Where the old clanrats released in 6th? If so I'd say them. Also, how about Empire state troops, if my guesses wrong then oh well, but my memory is fazed.

cornonthecob
20-07-2010, 17:26
That was a metal to plastic transition anyway, doesn't count. Can anybody think of a non-core plastic kit that got an updated plastic kit within a few years? Note: updated, not retooled.

I think the Orc box set. Thats why they have an odd number of troops in their box.

Vyslav
20-07-2010, 17:27
I can't think of a non-core kit. Since up until the past couple of years, the majority of plastic kits were just core units.

Come to think of it weren't the Lustria releases the first time we saw non-core plastic kits (plague monks, Cold one riders, etc?)

Scryer in the Darkness
20-07-2010, 17:39
I think the Orc box set. Thats why they have an odd number of troops in their box.

I said non-core. (And wasn't that just a re-tool/re-package anyway?)

TonyFlow
20-07-2010, 17:42
I would have to say empire state troopers as well... And what a shame that was! Now we have two kinds of flagellants. Seriously, they look raving mad!

Sorry for getting off topic

Although not playing skaven, this looks like i might be playing them in a few months!!! All those goodies! Oh boy, how do i get this past the wife???

EDIT: Oooooh... NON-core. Sorry. Disregard the above

Dakka Dan 42
20-07-2010, 17:42
I think that just about backs up Binky completely.

:p I knew I that comparison wasen't going to slide, oh well.

And I think a sprue re-tool should count, as the biggest hurdle to jump is the price of a new mould.

Scryer in the Darkness
20-07-2010, 17:46
And I think a sprue re-tool should count
No, because we don't want the Rat Ogres re-tooled, we want them re-done! :D

Dakka Dan 42
20-07-2010, 17:57
No, because we don't want the Rat Ogres re-tooled, we want them re-done! :D

It'd be the same cost to them, wouldn't it? A new mould is a new mould.

Scryer in the Darkness
20-07-2010, 18:01
It'd be the same cost to them, wouldn't it? A new mould is a new mould.

No, there's extra costs in doing new designs. But you're missing the point, which is what is the precedent, and therefore the likelihood, of a non-core plastic kit re-do.

Deff Mekz
20-07-2010, 18:03
In other words Scryer is basically telling you there isn't going to be a rat ogre kit in this wave. ;) Am I right Scryer?

Dakka Dan 42
20-07-2010, 18:05
In other words Scryer is basically telling you there isn't going to be a rat ogre kit in this wave. ;) Am I right Scryer?

Shhh! If I get him riled up enough, he might let something slip! :D

Scryer in the Darkness
20-07-2010, 18:07
Shhh! If I get him riled up enough, he might let something slip! :D

Nah, it's usually the other way 'round - I get riled up, throw my hands in the air and then storm out of the forums for a few weeks. :D

Deff Mekz
20-07-2010, 18:07
Haha, I'll toast to that. :D

Edit: Scryer we'll just have to tie you to a chair first so you cant. :D

Scryer in the Darkness
20-07-2010, 19:14
(Where are we, the Skaven thread?) Right, how about instead I tell you one of the metal blisters is a bitz pack...? :D

*runs round the room three times waving his arms like a chicken and scoots out the door*

Deff Mekz
20-07-2010, 19:22
Thanks for the info Scryer! Oh and start making those chicken noises to go along with that movement, and then maybe you can lay an egg for tea. :D

Edit: For the bitz pack I'm guessing shields, there exactly the same as the ones in the Clanrat kit, but their metal which will make your clanrats better in close combat! Now buy more!

stahly
20-07-2010, 19:45
A useful addition would be right arms with slings as it is the only option for slave you can't make out of the Clanrat box.

Tastyfish
20-07-2010, 19:47
Slings for slaves? Can't think of a lot of options missing from the models at the moment

Ramius4
20-07-2010, 19:54
Or perhaps a conversion bitz pack to make the new weapons teams using Clanrat bodies...? Getting warmer?

Or perhaps for items from the Scavenge pile?

Remadia
20-07-2010, 20:20
Been very impressed with the new style skaven scultps so can't wait to see what the new wave has. Abomination for the win!

Plagueridden
20-07-2010, 20:44
bitzblister sounds like options for weaponteams or jezzails? yes ? ;)

20-07-2010, 20:55
i wouldn't hold your breath, the bits pack is probably just shields or similar

NixonAsADaemonPrince
20-07-2010, 21:46
i wouldn't hold your breath, the bits pack is probably just shields or similar

I would definitely think so. I could also see slings as well, as they released separate kits for WoC to give you the halberds and great weapons for warriors.

Nixon

20-07-2010, 22:15
I meant don't hold your breath for a jezzails bitz pack. IMO a slings bitz pack is a distinct possibility (and i really hope it's what what we get)

Tymell
20-07-2010, 22:23
Thanks rumour-mongers for your info and thanks Deff Mekz for getting it all together :)

Considering how good the Skaven release itself was model-wise I'm very excited to see what other goodies they've been cooking up.

Deff Mekz
20-07-2010, 22:34
It's no problem Tymell, glad to be of service.

Coldblood666
20-07-2010, 22:53
I would LOVE to see new Plague Monks and Jezzails :D

eastern barbarian
21-07-2010, 02:18
excellent rumours, thanks for sharing :)

Thortek
21-07-2010, 03:29
I so hope for a HPA.

tentfox
21-07-2010, 04:12
I would wager the other 3 metal blisters are the currently missing weapons teams. I wonder what the plastic kit is, I hope it is something army does not have models for like a plagueclaw catapult or warlitter.
It does stand to reason however it would be a remake of the rat ogres seeing as they have amazing new models, the thing is that there are old rat ogres in the battalion box.

Deff Mekz
21-07-2010, 08:41
What 3 missing weapon teams? I only count to tentfox, or are you including the wind mortar in this.

BruderLoras
21-07-2010, 09:41
A Bonebreaker might also be a possibility somewhere in there. Would be nice.

Or is that track totally cold?

Xynok
21-07-2010, 09:57
What 3 missing weapon teams? I only count to tentfox, or are you including the wind mortar in this.

Warpgrinder, doomflayer and poisoned wind mortar.

Arbas
21-07-2010, 10:22
A bitz pack could explain the lack of decoration on the war machines in the boxed set ...

Mr. Ultra
21-07-2010, 10:29
Well, the new Rat Ogres came out with the Lustria book in, what, 1995?

In 2005.

But with the Rat Ogres you're all forgetting the most important fact: the current models are AWFUL! And the second most important fact: the IoB models are AWESOME! Oh, and last but no least, the fact that a unit mixed of AWFUL models and AWESOME models would be absolutely ludicrous!!! :mad:

Scarecr0w14
21-07-2010, 11:05
In 2005.

But with the Rat Ogres you're all forgetting the most important fact: the current models are AWFUL! And the second most important fact: the IoB models are AWESOME! Oh, and last but no least, the fact that a unit mixed of AWFUL models and AWESOME models would be absolutely ludicrous!!! :mad:

Im sure even GW feel shame when they look at the current rat ogres... if i was in charge id stop work on all products and have the Minos and Rogres fixed before anything else!

I still think Rat Ogres are a big possibility because if they look like the IOB ones they will sell.

The bitz pack could be metal gasmasked heads? Or maybe rat houds, tail weapons and pistols? If they release Rat ogres maybe the bitz pack will be for moulder special weapons like the electro whip?

stahly
21-07-2010, 11:47
Based on what I've heard so far my guesses are:

6 Blisters: Tretch Caventail, redone Character, Bitz Pack, Doom Flayer team, Warp Grinder team, Ratling Gun team
2 Plastic Sets: Hellpit Abomination, Warplightning Cannon

No jezzails or Globadiers in the blisters, as they would rather release them as a 5 model metal boxset with a champion these days I assume. Jezzails would even warrant a plastic kit at one point when more important gaps in the range are closed plasticwise.

Plagueridden
21-07-2010, 13:33
I would definitely think so. I could also see slings as well, as they released separate kits for WoC to give you the halberds and great weapons for warriors.

Nixon

lol sorry but releasing only a blister with some weaponry and shields in it , sound like utter bollox to me imho.
there are plenty shields in the excisting sprues, also regarding weapons.
as for the sling weapons; if there is something very easy to make out of greenstuff and a small rock?..it is yes slings.

I cant imagine GW would go through the extra effort in releasing a so called weapon/shield pack.
I'd rather see a jezzailpack and or globadiers, gutterunners to keep everything up to date with the current line of Skaven products.

NixonAsADaemonPrince
21-07-2010, 13:51
lol sorry but releasing only a blister with some weaponry and shields in it , sound like utter bollox to me imho.
there are plenty shields in the excisting sprues, also regarding weapons.
as for the sling weapons; if there is something very easy to make out of greenstuff and a small rock?..it is yes slings.

I cant imagine GW would go through the extra effort in releasing a so called weapon/shield pack.
I'd rather see a jezzailpack and or globadiers, gutterunners to keep everything up to date with the current line of Skaven products.

But they've released plenty of the bitz packs with separate shields in them in the past :p. So I don't really get your point. Yes you can make slings yourself, but that doesn't make as much money for GW as releasing a bitz pack of them, does it?

Nixon

Olyphant
21-07-2010, 14:31
If you sculpting skills are upto snuff, I'm pretty sure deamon prince + green stuff would make a wicked rat daemon :D

Scryer in the Darkness
21-07-2010, 14:48
But they've released plenty of the bitz packs with separate shields in them in the past :p.
Indeed. In fact, if memory serves, the most recent (*keeps one eye on the calendar*) metal bitz pack for fantasy was the metal Orc shields released this time last year.

daemonish
21-07-2010, 18:17
I would love to see a backbreaker rat ogre but i know its probably very unlikely.

Loki73
21-07-2010, 18:36
This is all very good rumors! Im gald im painting and assembling my stuff. UGH 300+ skaven is a chore! But it is a fun chore!

Schelle
21-07-2010, 18:48
Based on what I've heard so far my guesses are:

6 Blisters: Tretch Caventail, redone Character, Bitz Pack, Doom Flayer team, Warp Grinder team, Ratling Gun team
2 Plastic Sets: Hellpit Abomination, Warplightning Cannon

No jezzails or Globadiers in the blisters, as they would rather release them as a 5 model metal boxset with a champion these days I assume. Jezzails would even warrant a plastic kit at one point when more important gaps in the range are closed plasticwise.

Warplightning cannon in plastic? Blast! I just finished converting mine in plastic :cries:

Sure hope that's not the kit. Should be HPA and plastic Globadiers or plastic plague censer bearers.

GodlessM
21-07-2010, 19:06
I would reckon PCBs. Note myself and Bram (and maybe more rumour-mongers; can't remember) were told there would be plastic PCBs in the IoB box and it has been revealed there aren't, so maybe they were being made for something else.

Ramius4
21-07-2010, 19:26
I would reckon PCBs. Note myself and Bram (and maybe more rumour-mongers; can't remember) were told there would be plastic PCBs in the IoB box and it has been revealed there aren't, so maybe they were being made for something else.

I've been speculating the same thing. There aren't a whole lot of Skaven kits that need to be plastic now, and that'd be one less unit in metal.

Otherwise weapons teams, HPA, WLC/PCC (combined kit perhaps?), and Plague Censer Bearers. Everything else is plastic if I'm not mistaken.

If there are any plans to re-do a current plastic unit, the only one that seems realistic is perhaps the Night Runners. They're so out of line with the rest of the range now (and a Core unit), that it would make more sense than Rat Ogres (which are going to be very plentiful from the IoB box set.)

loveless
21-07-2010, 19:28
Why do I keep hearing people asking for a Warp Lightning Cannon/Plageclaw Catapult combined kit? Those two units look nothing alike in the artwork - and most new models match the artwork relatively well.

Tymell
21-07-2010, 22:10
Why do I keep hearing people asking for a Warp Lightning Cannon/Plageclaw Catapult combined kit? Those two units look nothing alike in the artwork - and most new models match the artwork relatively well.

I thought that too: one is a huge barrelled metal energy gun, the other is a catapult. Where's the crossover?

21-07-2010, 22:22
I hope that if they do PCBs there'll be a glut of excess heads in the new skaven style that can be used to upgrade the plague monks (like the extra heads in the marauder horsemen kit)

FabricatorGeneralMike
21-07-2010, 22:30
Im sure even GW feel shame when they look at the current rat ogres... if i was in charge id stop work on all products and have the Minos and Rogres fixed before anything else!

I still think Rat Ogres are a big possibility because if they look like the IOB ones they will sell.

The bitz pack could be metal gasmasked heads? Or maybe rat houds, tail weapons and pistols? If they release Rat ogres maybe the bitz pack will be for moulder special weapons like the electro whip?

Yes, shame is the least they should be feeling for those gaw-awful models :shifty:

As for gas-masks, that could be, we all know how much GW loves gas-masks. The only thing that could make that more epic is if they have rivets, gas-masks with rivets for the win ;)

Asp
21-07-2010, 23:45
if the other set is not night runners with snare nets i will be seriously dissapointed

someone2040
22-07-2010, 01:34
if the other set is not night runners with snare nets i will be seriously dissapointed
That would be a fairly odd kit, considering Night Runners can't get Snare Nets.
Also considering that shield would give Gutter Runners a parry save, which doesn't combo with their dodge, not such a useful option!

Voss
22-07-2010, 02:24
I have to admit, I'm highly skeptical about skaven releases before the end of this year, unless dark eldar aren't happening this year. We're all the way up to october with the high elf releases, where in the world are they going to squeeze this in? Miscellaneous holiday sale boxes are one thing, but new kits are very unlikely for december unless that policy got tossed out.

GodlessM
22-07-2010, 02:26
Policy at GW studios changed a long time ago.

Voss
22-07-2010, 02:56
Policy at GW studios changed a long time ago.

If by long time ago you mean 'this year,' then thats possible I suppose. They were certainly still sticking to it last year.

Unless of course, you are just referring to policy in a vague general sense rather than the specific one at hand (that they don't release new things in december), in which case, you're just acting the fool.

GodlessM
22-07-2010, 10:54
Unless of course, you are just referring to policy in a vague general sense rather than the specific one at hand (that they don't release new things in december), in which case, you're just acting the fool.

What on earth has everyone got jammed in their asses lately around here? General release policy did change last year in '09, so how is stating that acting the fool? General release policy includes all releases patterns, and if I am not mistaken, there were some 40k blisters last Christmas time. Note also that policy is set to change again.

Now please jump out of your dustbin Oscar and cheer up.

Solaaris
22-07-2010, 19:50
Would love to see the Plague Monks and Night Runners be bought up to date, but I doubt it will be for a while.

Sol

loveless
22-07-2010, 19:55
Plague Monks really don't look all that bad compared to the new Clanrats.

Night Runners are a dreadful abomination akin to the old Monkey Rats, of course...they could go for an update, though I don't expect one soon.

Dr. Who
22-07-2010, 20:08
Note also that policy is set to change again.

Those (supposedly) policy changes get bandied about a bit by you (and Harry too IIRC) amongst others 'in the know'. Would you or anyone else care to let the rest of us smucks in on the joke?

- Dr.

Harry
22-07-2010, 20:18
Those (supposedly) policy changes get bandied about a bit by you (and Harry too IIRC) amongst others 'in the know'. Would you or anyone else care to let the rest of us smucks in on the joke?

- Dr.
I don't remember mentioning policy.
I try not to bandy anything about if possible.
I try my best not to lord it over anyone.
I don't consider anyone here a 'smuck'.
I try to share my enthusiasm for the hobby and what scraps of information I can with folks here.
I am sorry if I don't come over that way.
If you have a specific question I will do my best to answer it.

Skyros
22-07-2010, 20:20
As far as I'm concerned, plague monks are up to date. It's the old monkey style rats that need updating.

ghost of scubasteve
22-07-2010, 20:28
jeez dr who, lay off of harry and company, grow up a bit

Ramius4
22-07-2010, 20:28
As far as I'm concerned, plague monks are up to date. It's the old monkey style rats that need updating.

I'm with you there. I rather like the current plague monks. Those nightrunners need to take a long walk off a short dock.

Rat Ogres and Nightrunners get my vote for new kits. Anything else is a bonus. Poisoned Wind Globadiers seems like the obvious candidate for a plastic kit though, since you can use more of them now as a ranked up unit.

Dr. Who
22-07-2010, 20:39
I don't remember mentioning policy.
I try not to bandy anything about if possible.
I try my best not to lord it over anyone.
I don't consider anyone here a 'smuck'.
I try to share my enthusiasm for the hobby and what scraps of information I can with folks here.
I am sorry if I don't come over that way.

No offense intended - neither at you or GodlessM. I seem to remember (wrongly?) you writting about a change in the way GW does things and/or what is ahead in one of the other threads and made the wrong connection apparantly.

The words 'smuck' and 'bandy' were used in jest - a jest which was not conveyed well.

You do at times come off as someone who knows more than they are saying, but IIRC - there goes that memory again - you do not like to share sensitive information that may get people into trouble with GW - and understandably so.

And now back to your regularly scheduled thread on Skaven: I'm hoping for a Plague Claw Catapult!

- Dr.

Harry
22-07-2010, 21:03
OK. Didn't mean to bite. I have said something about that. I am not sure it is a policy ... just a change. :D

And now back to your regularly scheduled thread on Skaven: I'm hoping for a Plague Claw Catapult!.
... and I think there is a chance of this as I heard something about a second BIG thing for Skaven in addition to the HPA

loveless
22-07-2010, 21:10
Am I the only one who's really not excited for a Hellpit Abomination? I understand it's good and that it's relatively common, but I suppose I'd rather see everything else brought into line with the current look of Skaven first.

Obviously, I'm insane from a GW point of view :p But I can think of so many other options that could stand to get new kits that could actually match the new clanrats and such
-Night Runners/Gutter Runners
-Jezzails
-Weapon Teams
-Globadiers
and so on.

The chance of a Plagueclaw is welcome, of course...I can see that being purchased in multiples by people. The HPA just seems...I dunno...an odd choice - does anyone use more than 1, if they use 1?

I'm not doubting that the HPA is coming - I've heard enough to expect it - I just find it an odd choice *shrugs*.

Tymell
22-07-2010, 21:55
The same could be said of special characters (or indeed most character models) ;)

I'm looking forward to it myself, if only for the expected gribbliness.

rodmillard
22-07-2010, 22:07
Okay, my guess:

Boxed sets = HPA, Plague Claw Catapult
Characters = Tretch, Ikit Claw (most old-school of the current range)
Weapons Teams = Warp Grinder, Doom-Flayer, Mortar
Bitz Pack = scavenge pile (like a mordheim weapon sprue)

I would love to see a weapons team kit that can build five jezails or one of each of the add on teams, but I doubt GW will do that when they can sell 20 point models for 8.50 a pop.

22-07-2010, 22:09
@Tymell: special characters are all metal, so are nearly all regular characters.

Tymell
22-07-2010, 22:32
@Tymell: special characters are all metal, so are nearly all regular characters.

They are, but I'm talking about models being done at all rather than being converted into plastic. The impression I got from loveless' post was more uncertainty about the abomination being made in general.

loveless
22-07-2010, 22:37
They are, but I'm talking about models being done at all rather than being converted into plastic. The impression I got from loveless' post was more uncertainty about the abomination being made in general.

I was more talking about it being in plastic, so I wasn't entirely clear on my point.

Since plastic models tend to cost more to get off the ground, it seems odd to make a points-expensive model in plastic when it's going to be rarely used (I don't think I've seen a list with 2+ HPAs, while I have seen one with 2 Doomwheels or 2 Plagueclaws).

It sort of seems like a waste of a plastic "slot". That said, a plastic HPA would be interesting, just to see the sort of options it could offer.

(Mind you, if the rumor is for a metal HPA, then my entire set of pondering it moot :p)

22-07-2010, 22:40
I took him as meaning 'Why plastic?' (to which the answer is obviously size, big metal models are a pain for both casting and shipping)

he was a little vague but as i'm also of the opinion that they should concentrate on the visual consistency of the ranges (not just skaven) so i guess thats why i read it the way i did.

EDIT: Ninja'd

Tymell
22-07-2010, 22:55
I was more talking about it being in plastic, so I wasn't entirely clear on my point.

Gotcha now, in which case the character thing doesn't apply.

There are still a handful of other cases of plastic kits which are unlikely to sell more than one per army except in rare cases: Tyranid trygon, steam tank, daemon prince, Ork stompa, screaming bell/plague furnace, the giant (despite GW's best attempts to convince folks otherwise :p )

But ultimately, personally I'm not fussed about the logic of it, so long as it makes a cool model ;)

mrtn
22-07-2010, 22:56
It sort of seems like a waste of a plastic "slot". That said, a plastic HPA would be interesting, just to see the sort of options it could offer.

(Mind you, if the rumor is for a metal HPA, then my entire set of pondering it moot :p)
My impression is that GW wants to avoid doing large models in metal as much as possible. Possibly to limit their dependency of fluctuating metal prices. Has there been one since the hydra? (Not counting the overgrown doombull.) I'm sure they prefer their newer models to be as much in plastic as possible. Especially the larger ones.

loveless
22-07-2010, 23:14
Sensible reasoning on why it's in plastic folks - I suppose it will keep the cost "down" in GW terms...the last big metal model was Azhag and that...well, that's not cheap :p

Paradox Tree
22-07-2010, 23:52
Okay, my guess:

Boxed sets = HPA, Plague Claw Catapult
Characters = Tretch, Ikit Claw (most old-school of the current range)
Weapons Teams = Warp Grinder, Doom-Flayer, Mortar
Bitz Pack = scavenge pile (like a mordheim weapon sprue)

I would love to see a weapons team kit that can build five jezails or one of each of the add on teams, but I doubt GW will do that when they can sell 20 point models for 8.50 a pop.

if this happens i will be a very, very happy tree.

Grimstonefire
23-07-2010, 00:34
If I recall correctly, wasn't there some serious design issues with Azhag as well, precisely because it was a large metal model?

The HPA should be huge really, and something that big would take serious filing to get it to fit, going by their other metal kits.

DigitalDogParty
23-07-2010, 03:16
If I recall correctly, wasn't there some serious design issues with Azhag as well, precisely because it was a large metal model?

The HPA should be huge really, and something that big would take serious filing to get it to fit, going by their other metal kits.

The Hellpit Abomination probably won't be metal. I can see them giving out a bunch of options to put on it in order to make a variety of mutants on the field. Plus, when they said they recommended the Screaming Bell base for Hellpit Abomination conversions, that might have meant something. Possibly the big Bomb boy is gonna be sittin' right and tall next to our Bells and Furnaces...

steppingonyou
23-07-2010, 03:37
I am so incredibly sick of steppingonyou. I don't know what's worse, the made up rumors or the endless defensive posturing.

Hoping for updated rat ogres, but if I were to guess the new kits:

Tretch
Ikit Klaw
Plastic Abomination
Plastic Nightrunners/Gutter Runners (new)
Metal Poisonwind Mortar
Metal Warpfire Thrower (New)
Metal Doomflayer?
Metal Globadiers

put me on ignore

tentfox
23-07-2010, 04:37
So the book that is coming was just flagged in the system as "art book", does anyone know what the cards for the magic lores are flagged as in the system because it would make sense that this would be cards for the 2 Skaven only magic lores.

AlphariusOmegon20
23-07-2010, 05:11
The new "art book" will most likely not be Skaven. My money's on Chaos, based on pages in the new rulebook.

Scarecr0w14
23-07-2010, 09:55
The new "art book" will most likely not be Skaven. My money's on Chaos, based on pages in the new rulebook.

I dont quite get what you mean here? Why would a chaos art book come out with skaven reinforcements? Looking at the rule book, I see no reason for it to be chaos at all :/

NixonAsADaemonPrince
23-07-2010, 13:07
And Scryer is certain that it is a Skaven book, and with a similar code to the empire heraldry book, if I remember correctly. And he is the one with the product lists, so I'd probably go with him on this ;).

Nixon

Scryer in the Darkness
23-07-2010, 16:38
So the book that is coming was just flagged in the system as "art book", does anyone know what the cards for the magic lores are flagged as in the system because it would make sense that this would be cards for the 2 Skaven only magic lores.
Magic decks have their own unique codes. I already listed the Skaven magic deck in the release schedule alongside the art book. It's 100% a book.

Skaven are getting an "art book"... it might not be a branded Uniforms and Heraldry book, hence why I went with art book in quotes instead... just in case.

And Scryer is certain that it is a Skaven book, and with a similar code to the empire heraldry book, if I remember correctly. And he is the one with the product lists, so I'd probably go with him on this ;).
Good man. :)

ghost of scubasteve
23-07-2010, 18:30
skaven activity book: connect the dots, mazes, those watercolor things where you just need paintbrush and water

Plagueridden
23-07-2010, 18:33
Plague Monks really don't look all that bad compared to the new Clanrats.

Night Runners are a dreadful abomination akin to the old Monkey Rats, of course...they could go for an update, though I don't expect one soon.

not looking "all that bad" is not good enough for certain people.
whats wrong with having a nice fully revamped Skaven army huh?:)

loveless
23-07-2010, 19:11
not looking "all that bad" is not good enough for certain people.
whats wrong with having a nice fully revamped Skaven army huh?:)

Nothing, my dear, but some models are more in need of a revamp than others ;)

Col. Tartleton
23-07-2010, 22:04
The plague monks are solid. Why do people want a redo? They're a lot better then the old ones and though they don't look like the new clanrats they're plague monks not clanrats. They should look different.

Plagueridden
24-07-2010, 18:03
Nothing, my dear, but some models are more in need of a revamp than others ;)

good point, cheers:p

Tokamak
24-07-2010, 18:32
The plague monks are solid. Why do people want a redo? They're a lot better then the old ones and though they don't look like the new clanrats they're plague monks not clanrats. They should look different.

Idd I love them. However, they were also the first models that had been augmented with the computer. They're the first models of a new era.

Darchangel
24-07-2010, 19:59
Come on, globadiers. Enough of this single infantryman blister nonsense.

Maybe slaves for the other plastic box..? Might make sense, seeing as rumours placed them in the Island of Blood and they vanished without a trace.. maybe they ended up in a plastic kit?

Scryer in the Darkness
24-07-2010, 20:02
Maybe slaves for the other plastic box..? Might make sense, seeing as rumours placed them in the Island of Blood and they vanished without a trace.. maybe they ended up in a plastic kit?

Chances are slim to none.

*SQUEE*
24-07-2010, 20:25

And I would not miss them as you can make awesome slaves out off either clan rats or empire flagellants.

I wonder what the chances are on a catapult?

Grimstonefire
24-07-2010, 20:30

And slim just left town. Sorry, just had to get that one in. :D

Seriously though, with cheap plastics and half a clanrat set themed that way, why should they release slaves now? It's not exactly like people would be bereft of 'modern' looking minis to use. Unlike the night runners.

Tymell
24-07-2010, 20:49
And slim just left town. Sorry, just had to get that one in. :D

Seriously though, with cheap plastics and half a clanrat set themed that way, why should they release slaves now? It's not exactly like people would be bereft of 'modern' looking minis to use. Unlike the night runners.

Aye, in all honesty there's very little point in a slaves set, I'd put it near the bottom of the list of Skaven priorities.

Tokamak
24-07-2010, 21:01
I would love to see a slave set.

GodlessM
24-07-2010, 22:29

Nah, I was the one that posted that there were Slaves in IoB, but turned out I got the second unit of Clanrats mixed up. So don't count on it.

Slot
25-07-2010, 12:01
Who needs plastic slaves when we have these (http://www.games-workshop.com/gws/catalog/productDetail.jsp?catId=cat440085a&prodId=prod1040488)?

At a reasonable price too for 2 point models ;)

NixonAsADaemonPrince
25-07-2010, 12:15
Who needs plastic slaves when we have these (http://www.games-workshop.com/gws/catalog/productDetail.jsp?catId=cat440085a&prodId=prod1040488)?

At a reasonable price too for 2 point models ;)

Quite possibly the most overpriced models in reference from the monetary cost to their points cost. And they are monkeys.

Though I definitely won't think we will see plastic slaves, from what people have been saying I would think the PCC.

Nixon

Scryer in the Darkness
25-07-2010, 13:35
Quite possibly the most overpriced models in reference from the monetary cost to their points cost. And they are monkeys.
Still love the ye olde Jes Goodwin slaves from way back when. And with scale creep they are oh-so-suitably titchy when put up against today's clanrats. :D Shame you can only pick them up on eBay these days.

Slot
25-07-2010, 15:59
I've got loads of the Jes Goodwin models from the eighties, all the clanrats, slaves, globadiers, plaguemonks etc.

i love em

Got them all when they were like 6 metal models for 2.99, the good old days #Looks into the distance#

AlphariusOmegon20
25-07-2010, 16:05
I dont quite get what you mean here? Why would a chaos art book come out with skaven reinforcements? Looking at the rule book, I see no reason for it to be chaos at all :/

Look at pages 456 and 457 in the new rule book and you'll see why I say it's Chaos. ;)

Scryer in the Darkness
25-07-2010, 16:16
Look at pages 456 and 457 in the new rule book and you'll see why I say it's Chaos. ;)

Yeah, we've covered that in the Chaos Uniforms and Heraldry thread. (http://www.warseer.com/forums/showthread.php?t=263858)

The point was more this is a thread about Skaven releases with Skaven product codes. Chaos don't enter into it.

You also might want to look in the Rulebook (pg 254 IIRC) for the Skaven art that might be making an appearance in this Skaven book.

EDIT - i.e. as shown in this screengrab from the WHFB launch video:

linuvian
25-07-2010, 18:04
Just thought I would throw this out there- I went into my local GW this weekend and was looking to get some more Skaven. The blackshirt there said 'I wouldn't get the assassins if I were you, probably hold off for a few months' with a grin.

I don't know if he was referring to the IoB set and that I should hold off on getting Skaven because they will be in there, or if that they are coming out with new assassin models for the blister backs that Scryer mentioned.

Just letting you guys know what I heart.

GodlessM
25-07-2010, 19:06
It was a suspected model for one of the blisters.

suprememidgetoverlord
25-07-2010, 20:55
Of all the characters it was the only decent one that didnt nrrd updating IMO.

Thank god for IoB and a nice engineer, and warlord.

A bsb model would be nice.

NixonAsADaemonPrince
25-07-2010, 22:16
A bsb model would be nice.

The new Warlord's back banner is probably meant for that. Though it would be nice if they brought out a kit which gave you a guy on a rat ogre and a guy on foot, but I do know that that is extremely unlikely.

Nixon

mathieu
26-07-2010, 12:54
Just thought I would throw this out there- I went into my local GW this weekend and was looking to get some more Skaven. The blackshirt there said 'I wouldn't get the assassins if I were you, probably hold off for a few months' with a grin.That was very nice of him.

Scelerat
26-07-2010, 13:07
Nice AND strange! Usually they do whatever they can -including summoning daemons, dancing naked or offering heroine- to get you to buy something!

That' cool. New assassins ^^

Haravikk
26-07-2010, 13:26

Though I definitely won't think we will see plastic slaves, from what people have been saying I would think the PCC.
Well, my grand design to build a Skaven army ended up on hold, though the Island of Blood starter set certainly looks to change that. But I do have a unit of Clanrats that I've just kitted out to be ambiguous enough that I can field them as slaves if I wish, my plan being to get some pack-masters that I can field at the back as a marker just to confirm which units are slaves and which aren't, dunno if that fills WYSIWYG requirements but it would be clear I think. Skweel Gnawtooth's model is ideal with the big whip but a bit pricy as a marker I think, but I can make whips easily enough I think :)

The main problem with the clanrats as slaves is that many have bits of light armour, but it's easy enough to paint most them to look like scabby leather or rags so they're a bit more slave-like.

Grimmeth
26-07-2010, 13:27
Not sure how accurate this is, but my source has normally erred on the side of being correct previously so more than an idle rumour...

Heard that Skaven Weapon teams are going to be done in a similar way to IG weapon teams that is, 3 in a box (maybe an individual box to be later released?) that has the options for all the weapons on it.

Scelerat
26-07-2010, 13:33
That would be cool. I hope your source is correct :)

mweaver
26-07-2010, 14:05
I like the current metal slaves. And the plastic slaves currently available in the clan rats box. But I am happy to see more (like most of us I am happy to see any new models). I would love plastic weapon teams (in addition to the Isle of Blooooood ones).

NixonAsADaemonPrince
26-07-2010, 14:12

Cheers for sharing, I could definitely see that happening. It would certainly be cool and handy, I assume though it would only include one each of the weapons, so you would have to build 3 different weapons. They are all good though, so that's fine by me.

Nixon

rodmillard
26-07-2010, 14:19
Cheers for sharing, I could definitely see that happening. It would certainly be cool and handy, I assume though it would only include one each of the weapons, so you would have to build 3 different weapons. They are all good though, so that's fine by me.

Nixon

I've been rooting for this ever since the new book came out - would be cool if there was only one of each support weapon, but 3 jezails on the sprue to replace the ridiculously expensive jezzail models currently available (exceeded only by metal slaves AFAIK).

I just hope this isn't one of those cases where someone has picked us up saying "GW should do this" on the forums, which then gets passed around by chinese whispers until it becomes "GW will be doing this".

NixonAsADaemonPrince
26-07-2010, 14:29
I've been rooting for this ever since the new book came out - would be cool if there was only one of each support weapon, but 3 jezails on the sprue to replace the ridiculously expensive jezzail models currently available (exceeded only by metal slaves AFAIK).

I just hope this isn't one of those cases where someone has picked us up saying "GW should do this" on the forums, which then gets passed around by chinese whispers until it becomes "GW will be doing this".

Yes, new jezzails would be brilliant as well, if they bring them out in plastic I will buy loads.

I hope it isn't that either, but only time will tell (or Scryer, Hastings, Harry, Godless, Bram etc...) Pie anyone ;)?

Ramius4
26-07-2010, 15:21
I still think Nightrunners are likely. That would fill out their Core units in plastic except for the weapons teams (which I also think likely).

GodlessM
26-07-2010, 18:48

Ramius4
26-07-2010, 19:58

Perhaps I missed something, but what was the first one?

GodlessM
26-07-2010, 20:02
perhaps i missed something, but what was the first one?

hpa .

Ramius4
26-07-2010, 20:07
hpa .

Nevermind... I knew that lol. I had a momentary lapse of brain activity. Yeah... that's it. :shifty:

NixonAsADaemonPrince
26-07-2010, 20:17
Nevermind... I knew that lol. I had a momentary lapse of brain activity. Yeah... that's it. :shifty:

Nothing unusual there then :p.

Brilliant, I just had a conversion spring to mind, an abom with extra arms, consisting of a warpfire thrower and a ratling gun.

Nixon

Ramius4
26-07-2010, 21:27
Nothing unusual there then :p.

Nixon

I see you know me well:p

I'd really like to know if a weapons team box would include all of them, or just some of them. The warpfire thrower, mortar and ratling gun are all similar enough, but the others are quite a departure.

GodlessM
26-07-2010, 21:35
Don't expect the Warpfire Thrower or the Mortar; despite my hearing that some of the IoB contents would be released separate, the latest GW blog says they won't be.

NixonAsADaemonPrince
26-07-2010, 21:40
Don't expect the Warpfire Thrower or the Mortar; despite my hearing that some of the IoB contents would be released separate, the latest GW blog says they won't be.

Maybe they just mean the actual models in the box. They may still do the same units which are in the box, just different sculpts (though I don't see a Griffon coming out).

Nixon

theorox
26-07-2010, 21:42
Wich sucks. They totally should be, that is a lame excuse to tell people:

BUY IoB!!!!11oneone!"!!2hundredeleven1

But okay then, they won't see me collecting a Skaven or Highelf army if that turns out to indeed be the case.

Theo

GodlessM
26-07-2010, 21:48
Maybe they just mean the actual models in the box. They may still do the same units which are in the box, just different sculpts (though I don't see a Griffon coming out).

Nixon

Sculpt a new model, and then sculpt it again right away just different? Not a hope I say.

But okay then, they won't see me collecting a Skaven or Highelf army if that turns out to indeed be the case.

Theo

Do you think they'd care if they heard one guy threw a tantrum over it?

loveless
26-07-2010, 22:03

Because IoB is such a bad deal? :confused:

I mean...who cares if they're only available in the starter set? If you're gonna play Skaven, you're probably going to be getting IoB for cheap core, cool Ogres, and character models anyway.

linuvian
26-07-2010, 22:54
And you could buy them individually on ebay cheaper than if GW did sell them separately... 5-10$ deffkoptas anyone?

Ramius4
26-07-2010, 23:02
Sculpt a new model, and then sculpt it again right away just different? Not a hope I say.

You mean exactly like they did with the Dwarf Warriors, Cannon, Thunderers and Miners? Granted the Miners were about 6 months later, but close enough.

Not saying you're wrong, but there is precedence.

GodlessM
26-07-2010, 23:25
Are they not the same sculpts but multi-part?

Ramius4
26-07-2010, 23:26

Not even close.

NixonAsADaemonPrince
26-07-2010, 23:28

Even if they are, maybe that will be what they do with the weapon teams. Simply stick the weapon sculpts (but with different crew) into the multi-weapon box. I wouldn't say that would count as releasing the models separately, that is using an existing sculpt in a new set.

Nixon

Haravikk
26-07-2010, 23:45
I mean...who cares if they're only available in the starter set? If you're gonna play Skaven, you're probably going to be getting IoB for cheap core, cool Ogres, and character models anyway.
I can understand the unit kits maybe being starter specific and low complexity to keep costs down, but I'd be disappointed not to see those Rat Ogres outside of the starter, unless what is meant is that they'll be using the same sculpts to then produce multi-part versions?

NixonAsADaemonPrince
27-07-2010, 10:33
I can understand the unit kits maybe being starter specific and low complexity to keep costs down, but I'd be disappointed not to see those Rat Ogres outside of the starter, unless what is meant is that they'll be using the same sculpts to then produce multi-part versions?

We can but hope. They really are so awful in comparison.

Nixon

decker_cky
27-07-2010, 16:56
I really hope that the second plastic kit is PWG. Would make sense for why they were rumoured for the starter (plastics in production about the same time) and they're a unit that really needs affordable models. How else will I fit 30 into my armylist? :O

NixonAsADaemonPrince
27-07-2010, 17:57
I really hope that the second plastic kit is PWG. Would make sense for why they were rumoured for the starter (plastics in production about the same time) and they're a unit that really needs affordable models. How else will I fit 30 into my armylist? :O

That's an interesting thought, didn't occur to me before. Who knows, there are a lot of valid choices. We will know soon enough.

Nixon

Mystic_Weasel
27-07-2010, 18:06
I am just hoping for something skryre! Ikit claw, Globadiers, Warp lightning cannon sized like in the army book. I would be happy for one of the above...or maybe 2! (^-^). i think the waiting will kill me!

Harry
27-07-2010, 18:45

Tokamak
27-07-2010, 18:46
You're such an incredible cocktease.

Harry
27-07-2010, 18:49

Are you calling Mystic_Weasel a c...

:D

suprememidgetoverlord
27-07-2010, 19:01
i think the waiting will kill me!

Sounds like Harry wants you dead!

The last update was good for skavenn, but I felt there where too many old models that I didnt like.

Between IoB and this wave of releases, I'm a happy rodent.

theorox
27-07-2010, 19:02
Do you think they'd care if they heard one guy threw a tantrum over it?

Pfht. There is no tantrum, i simply say that i won't be buying the set as it stands for me right now. Geez dude. Go make some constructive comments. Seems like rude comments is all you've got, wich is a shame. :rolleyes:

Theo

Dakka Dan 42
27-07-2010, 19:16

Something like this?

http://underempire.net/index.php?showtopic=34203

But seriously, Harry. You are, like, my favorite person in the world now. My Skryre/Skaar army thanks you. :D

(Though I hope it's Ikit and the PWGs because, as you can see, I have a WLC.)

Ramius4
27-07-2010, 20:00

Quoted for... for... Well, because it was damn funny:p

PWG are becoming necessary as a plastic kit. I'm hoping that's what Harry was getting at for one of those.

mrtn
27-07-2010, 20:23
Well, I hope it's not a new WLC, the one we have is perfectly alright.

stahly
27-07-2010, 20:38
Quoted for... for... Well, because it was damn funny:p

PWG are becoming necessary as a plastic kit. I'm hoping that's what Harry was getting at for one of those.

Seriously why is everybody expecting plastic Poison Wind Globadiers? The common unit size for them is 5 to 10 and they've got no equipment choices. When was the last time GW released a plastic set with less than 10 20 mm base models? I can only think of Fanatics and this was long ago. Globadiers would be perfectly fine with a 5 model metal box including a Bombardier.
For now, save the plastic for big, badass warmachines, centrepiece models and units with 10+ models.

EmperorNorton
27-07-2010, 20:47
Seriously why is everybody expecting plastic Poison Wind Globadiers?

I'm not expecting, but I'm hoping, because I don't want to pay what they are currently asking for the PWGs.

decker_cky
27-07-2010, 20:49
Seriously why is everybody expecting plastic Poison Wind Globadiers? The common unit size for them is 5 to 10 and they've got no equipment choices. When was the last time GW released a plastic set with less than 10 20 mm base models? I can only think of Fanatics and this was long ago. Globadiers would be perfectly fine with a 5 model metal box including a Bombardier.
For now, save the plastic for big, badass warmachines, centrepiece models and units with 10+ models.

Globadiers are the oldest models in the skaven line. I could see them doing boxes of 10, as in some ways the're similar to gargoyles (infantry model without options but with big wings/backpack filling sprue space). I wouldn't hate that at all. :)

Dakka Dan 42
27-07-2010, 20:50

You show me to another 100pt unit of skirmishers that can wipe out a unit of Chaos Knights in one turn (consistantly) and I'll concede to your point.

Besides, Globadiers are nearly as many dollars as they are points! :(

loveless
27-07-2010, 20:53
PWG are an expensive metal kit that takes up blister space. Size is 5-15, plus potential weapon team. Options consist of champion and champion's gear.

Greatswords have no real equipment choices, either (other than command) and come in a box of 10, despite being a 5+ unit.

Grave Guard have options, but are in a box of 10 with a minimum unit size of 5.

Note also that several Skaven kits come with more than the minimum unit. It's possible that a box of 15 PWG + PWM could be released - highly unlikely, but possible. Several 40K units are packaged with their maximum allotment as opposed to their minimum, for instance (Tactical Marines, Dire Avengers, etc.)

I don't expect plastic PWGs (this time, anyway), but there's no reason they couldn't be done.

Solaaris
27-07-2010, 21:35
Was reading an old copy of WD earlier today looking for inspiration for my Skaven. In WD359 (UK Ed) Jeremy Vetock mentions about weapons teams, I quote...

'Favorites like the Ratling Gun and Warpfire Thrower are back, along with more experimental weapons such as the Doom Flayer, Poisoned Wind Mortar and Warp Grinder. I'm already looking forward to seeing what they look like in the not so distant future.'

Weapon team plastic set for sure.

Sol

Dakka Dan 42
27-07-2010, 21:42
Was reading an old copy of WD earlier today looking for inspiration for my Skaven. In WD359 (UK Ed) Jeremy Vetock mentions about weapons teams, I quote...

'Favorites like the Ratling Gun and Warpfire Thrower are back, along with more experimental weapons such as the Doom Flayer, Poisoned Wind Mortar and Warp Grinder. I'm already looking forward to seeing what they look like in the not so distant future.'

Weapon team plastic set for sure.

Sol

Oh yeah, I do remember reading that. I don't think it cements the Weapons Team plastic box though. I'd still say blisters are far more likely; especially since Weapons Teams are all around 65 points. They'll probably be $15 or $20 blisters.

EDIT:

Actually, I will go so far as to make my official guess:

Plastic Boxes:
Hell Pit Abomination
Poison Wind Globadiers (I'm guessing a 5-pack)

Metal Blisters:
Tretch
Ikit
Doom Flayer
Warp Grinder
Poison Wind Mortar
Slings (Bitz Pack)

Solaaris
27-07-2010, 21:50
See I was thinking something along the lines of the IG weapons teams. A box set with various options and extras in to bulk up the set.

I could be barking up the wrong tree, I most probably are, but to me it kinda makes sense.

Tymell
27-07-2010, 22:08
Looking at the images in the army book, I could see a weapon team set for all but the doom-flayer. The warp-grinder, warpfire thrower, poison wind mortar and ratling gun all have the same basis: one skaven carrying a cannister/pack/barrel, the other carrying the weapon itself. That's not too far from the imperial guard weapons.

The doom-flayer, if the pic is anything to go by, is perhaps too different for that to work. But anyway, we'll see.

GodlessM
27-07-2010, 22:43
Pfht. There is no tantrum, i simply say that i won't be buying the set as it stands for me right now. Geez dude. Go make some constructive comments. Seems like rude comments is all you've got, wich is a shame. :rolleyes:

Theo

'Mommy I want that model'

'They aren't making that one sweetie'

'Well then I'm not going to buy any'

What would you call it then?

I'm just calling it as I see it, and I'm not the only one to comment on your little sulk, so please don't act like I am.

On topic: Tymell, I think you make a good point. I actually found myself pondering over the Doomflayer as a model recently for the same reason.

Solaaris
27-07-2010, 22:59
Looking at the images in the army book, I could see a weapon team set for all but the doom-flayer. The warp-grinder, warpfire thrower, poison wind mortar and ratling gun all have the same basis: one skaven carrying a cannister/pack/barrel, the other carrying the weapon itself. That's not too far from the imperial guard weapons.

The doom-flayer, if the pic is anything to go by, is perhaps too different for that to work. But anyway, we'll see.

Yup I agree with that, the Doom flayer seems alot bigger than the normal weapon teams - Probably along the lines of an empire mortar or something, only more maneuverable.

Tymell
27-07-2010, 23:10
Ta folks. The doom-flayer (in it's pic) reminds me of the dwarf death roller, or a scaled-down and armoured-up version of the doomwheel.

Deff Mekz
28-07-2010, 12:28
Allright guys I've updated the roundup, please tell if I've missed anything. Cheers, Deff.

Oh and plastic Weapon Teams FTW! I really hope that is true.

mrtn
28-07-2010, 14:10
Allright guys I've updated the roundup, please tell if I've missed anything. Cheers, Deff.

Oh and plastic Weapon Teams FTW! I really hope that is true.

You mangled a quote by Scryer, forgot a [/QUOTE]. I'm not sure you need to keep the quote from stepping (concerning the HPA), since he now say that just concerns a private conversion of his.

Good work! :yes:

DigitalDogParty
28-07-2010, 23:52
Plastic weapon teams in a single box?

Hm...I recall praying for such a thing earlier on in this topic. I must be a wizard.

29-07-2010, 00:36
or simple rumour reverb

Deff Mekz
29-07-2010, 10:35
Thanks for the heads up mrtn. I will sort that now.

steppingonyou
30-07-2010, 01:20
You mangled a quote by Scryer, forgot a . I'm not sure you need to keep the quote from stepping (concerning the HPA), since he now say that just concerns a private conversion of his.

Good work! :yes:[/QUOTE]

who knew i needed to carefully word a post in a non rumor plog. once again, i never said i was painting a HPA from the starter set. i listed the units i had in the pipeline. i wont apologize for something i never said.

and once again i will say that EVERYTHING i see and hear is very early and RARELY is the final product. in fact ive mistaken LOTR stuff for WF before.

for instance. i will wait till the 12th to preorder my starter set. why? you will find out.

mrtn
30-07-2010, 01:28
who knew i needed to carefully word a post in a non rumor plog. once again, i never said i was painting a HPA from the starter set. i listed the units i had in the pipeline. i wont apologize for something i never said.

and once again i will say that EVERYTHING i see and hear is very early and RARELY is the final product. in fact ive mistaken LOTR stuff for WF before.

for instance. i will wait till the 12th to preorder my starter set. why? you will find out.
Sigh. I never said you can't say whatever you like. I just questioned why your private conversion should be quoted in the rumour round up in the first post. :rolleyes:

GodlessM
30-07-2010, 23:08

Honestly, I'm not trying to start anything, but please give up trying to convince people on the existance of a phantom 6th sprue (assuming this is what you are refering to). It's not real, turns out it never was.

Plagueridden
31-07-2010, 05:45
get a room you two , or stop this useless nonsense.

Hammerhand
31-07-2010, 16:45
. <STUFF> i will wait till the 12th to preorder my starter set. why? you will find out.

Is it because you don't get paid until the 12th? or because the baseless-rumour police are locking you in a cupboard until then?

<edit> sorry, forgot the ;)

geoffkemp
31-07-2010, 17:51
Going out on a limb here and saying for the plastic sets, New Rat Orges and Weapons teams in a simlair vein to that of the Imperial Guard in 40k

twistinthunder
31-07-2010, 18:38
Going out on a limb here and saying for the plastic sets, New Rat Orges and Weapons teams in a simlair vein to that of the Imperial Guard in 40k

whilst the rat ogres do need to be redone, i don't think they will release a brand new set of them this close to the release of the 'island of blood' starter set.

I would however like to see a weapons teams set, although the only way it would be good is if they had most of the teams in it, which again would seem unlikely given the release of 2 new weapon teams in the starter set.

I would guess that the plagueclaw catapult is a possibility, im also going to guess for a HPA or warp lightning cannon.

Bueno
31-07-2010, 20:08
Hey all, sorry if I have missed something, but where in the OP is a release is there a quote saying this will b b4 the end of the year? Again sorry if I'm missing sumthin obvious

GodlessM
31-07-2010, 20:15
No one's sure of the date Bueno, sorry.

twistinthunder
01-08-2010, 10:35
here:

So it has been declared, Skaven will be getting a 2nd wave before the end of this year.

though nothings definite.

Bueno
01-08-2010, 13:32
Cheers godless, I can't w8, skaven were my 1st army 10 years ago and it looks like it's a HUD time 2 b a skaven player.

Twistinthunder cheers also, but def meks seems 2 just be compiling rumours from some of our v reliable rumour mongers (this is v much appreciated by the way) but in noneof the quotes is a date mentioned so I wasn't sure if there had been another part of the quote from scruff that I missed stating it wud b this year, I suppose we can just hope

Bueno
01-08-2010, 13:34
Sorry "scruff" was meant 2 read scryer, but predictive text on the iPhone had other ideas

Tastyfish
01-08-2010, 14:10
Sorry "scruff" was meant 2 read scryer, but predictive text on the iPhone had other ideas

Think its time for Scruf- I mean Scryer to update his sig! ;)

Scryer in the Darkness
01-08-2010, 14:42
Think its time for Scruf- I mean Scryer to update his sig! ;)

LOL! I think you're right! :D

shabbadoo
01-08-2010, 15:17
That is a lot of stuff for Skaven, and ought to further flesh out the army's new look very nicely. Thankfully the ratmen are not a "must have" army for me, as to afford them in addition to everything else that I want, I would have to be playing "pool boy" for more wealthy widows. :p

steppingonyou
01-08-2010, 15:24
Is it because you don't get paid until the 12th? or because the baseless-rumour police are locking you in a cupboard until then?

<edit> sorry, forgot the ;)

rumors are baseless by definition.

Silvertongue
01-08-2010, 15:47
Not neccessarily. Educated guesses are guesses, but they are based on some degree of evidence (hence the "educated" part). Most of the rumours here are educated guesses. Some are not.

On topic: oooOOOooo! New Skaven goodies!! I must finish painting my bajillion ratmen so I don't feel guilty when I run towards them.

Hammerhand
01-08-2010, 18:18

I could have course have been saying that the rumour police have no base, making them baseless rumour police by definition :D

On topic, just hoping they don't redo the plague monks as I'm halfway through painting up a regiment as we speak and thinking that the sculpting looks a little tired......

Looking forward to the new skaven goodies though, and Island of blood in particular. Must..get..rest..of..army..finished..before..IoB.. released......

Darnok
01-08-2010, 18:26

And you actually wonder why some of your "rumours" get deleted? Sorry, but: :eyebrows:

Mystic_Weasel
01-08-2010, 19:23
don't come on warseer for a few days!!...a thank you to the pie man for your cryptic statement. I of course will be happy with any skaven releases, but anything skryre would be extra special! especially after the disappointment of seeing the Poison wind mortar (though happy it is an actual model). Like the warplightning cannon conversion, and nice clean paint job too (strange thing to say about skaven), large mechanical machines used by skaven are only ever mentioned in the background nice to see the idea used on things in your army. Island of blood - a few copies, skaven second wave, forgeworld marines that are actually cool (heh heh heh), and my second attempt at invading nippon looks like i will have to be saving my warptokens.

Harry
01-08-2010, 21:12
LOL
Errrm. Not so much.
Scruff in the Darkness's rumours (for example) are based on a printed list of releases for crying out loud.
How much more based do you want?
Or did you just think he was sticking on a funny hat and trusting to luck? :D

childofnurgle
02-08-2010, 10:47
Scruff in the Darkness's ???

Now you`re just being rude! :p

Bueno
02-08-2010, 12:17
oh god what have i started! i am so sorry scru.. i mean scryer!

Harry
02-08-2010, 14:08
Don't worry about it Cryer in the Dimness has a good sense of humour. :D

reds8n
02-08-2010, 14:23
I could have course have been saying that the rumour police have no base

Harry comes with a cavalry base, whilst Mr. Hastings is mounted on a chariot base. FACT.