PDA

View Full Version : Thinking of getting back in, but...

MrMorton
19-07-2010, 21:32
I was a Warhammer player for 15 years or so, from way back when, but got out a few years ago. I was thinking I like the new High Elves that will be in the next box set, but what is this about terrain? It's true LOS, I know. So are we going to have the stupid thing where people start making crouching models like some do in 40K? If so that's really unfortunate and enough to keep me out. (well that coupled with Games Workshop's Dbag lawyer letter behavior.) Maybe you lot can fill me in.

Brimweave
19-07-2010, 21:51
With LOS I believe in the rulebook it states that the LOS used is the models standard height without any alternations. Even without this unless people start glueing skulls to bases to represent undead skeletons it shouldn't make to much of a difference and if you play a person that does this, don't play them. Its your choice to play them or not. There's usually a load more people to play instead.

As for the upcoming starter set with High Elves in, its 100% worth buying if you want HE, just to get the rulebook.

Ultimate Life Form
19-07-2010, 22:05
Since TLoS is no different from 40K I suspect the players' reaction to it will be the same.

Unless you follow the popular theory that Fantasy players are on average more mature than 40K players. :angel: