PDA

View Full Version : Stormhammer

Arvendragon
22-07-2010, 01:13
So... I have no idea what forum this should be in.
I plan on getting a Stormhammer eventually.
Does anyone have any tips to convert something extensively?
So far, I plan to getting a Baneblade (maybe scavenge the turrets from two) and starting from there. I'm probably going to need a lot of help, having never done anything this difficult.
:(

And for those who don't know, a Stormhammer is the one with two turrets.

I've also seen several sets of rules, but not any GW ones, which one seems the best:
Option 1:
Stormhammer Super-Heavy Tank: 650 Points
Structure Points: 3
Armor: FV 14 SV 13 RV 12
2 Stormhammer Cannons
48" S10 AP 1 10" Blast Ordnance Primary Weapon
4 Lascannon
4 Twin-linked Heavy Bolter

Option 2:
Stormhammer Super-Heavy Tank: 450 Points
4 Battle Cannons
4 Lascannon

Option 3:
Stormhammer Super-Heavy Tank: 650 Points
2 Baneblade Cannons
4 Lascannon

I'm thinking option one. :evilgrin:

Tethylis
22-07-2010, 01:42
Option 2 I would say, IIRC from my old epic days it was twin battle cannons in each turret with the option to switch them to a single demolisher cannon's and yes lots of heavy bolter/lascannon's

Jackmojo
22-07-2010, 01:59
Agreed, option 2 is the stats I recollect from Epic 2nd edition as well (aside from the fact that superheavies had heavier armour then Land Raiders then).

Jack

Dreachon
22-07-2010, 08:57
Option 2 is the better when it comes to statline, point might need to be adjusted.
Now for the battlecannon you have 2 options either count them as 2 seperate weapons in each turret ( this might get mnessy ) or give them a combined shot like tha Macharuis has, so 7" blast and twin-linked and for the rest normal battlecannon stats.

DeadlySquirrel
22-07-2010, 18:23
for future reference, this goes in the modelling bit.

but as said, option 2.

Arvendragon
22-07-2010, 20:56
Option 2 is the better when it comes to statline, point might need to be adjusted.
Now for the battlecannon you have 2 options either count them as 2 seperate weapons in each turret ( this might get mnessy ) or give them a combined shot like tha Macharuis has, so 7" blast and twin-linked and for the rest normal battlecannon stats.

Well, me and a couple of friends priced it at 450 due to the fact that the Baneblade Cannon is significantly better.
4 5" templates is the size of a 10" template, and Lascannon stats beats Missile Launcher stats.

Eldoriath
22-07-2010, 21:06
Option 2 seems best in terms of stats and points. Don't know for about fluff, but sounds like option 2 is good for that as well.

MegaPope
23-07-2010, 00:09
If you want the original Epic Stormhammer faithfully represented, try this:

Armour - Front: 14, Sides: 14, Rear: 13

SPs: 3

Weapons:

2 x Turret Mounted Stormhammer Cannons
Range: 48" S:10 AP: 2 Ordnance 1, 7" Blast, Primary Weapon

4 x Sponson Mounted Twin-Linked Heavy Bolters
4 x Turret Mounted Twin-Linked Heavy Bolters (one on top of each sponson)

2 z Pintle Mounted Heavy Bolters (one for each main turret)

Special Rules:
Salvo: If both main turrets fire at the same target, you may choose to fire both as a single shot using the following alternate profile:

Range: 48" Strength: 10 AP: 1, Ordnance, Apocalyptic Barrage(4)

The target for this shot must be within LOS as normal.

Cost: 600 points

Reasoning: Everyone remembers the Stormhammer from Final Liberation, but the original tabletop version had no lascannons at all. What it had instead were suped-up but shorter ranged battlecannons, and loads of tank bolters (14 dice per tank in total!). It also had even heavier side and rear armour than the other superheavy tanks, since it was meant for close range infantry support. The Salvo rule is all mine, and is inspired by the superfiring turrets of the original model (fyi, superfiring is a naval term meaning gun turrets that are stacked to fire over one another - like the guns on old battleships and cruisers).

I cost it higher than the Baneblade, because although its weapons are a little less versatile, it has four sponsons, heavier armour and that specil rule to take into account.