PDA

View Full Version : Chaos Dragon Mount

Doommasters
23-07-2010, 00:04
I am trying to expand my WoC collection and was thinking about converting a Lord or Sorcerer on Dragon, would just like some thoughts on Dragons this edition specifically the Manticore.

Would you mount a lord or Sorcerer? What build would you take?

GodlessM
23-07-2010, 00:24
Dragons in general are dodgy this edition, but if you want to take one, I reckon Sorcerer Lord is the way to go. It gives him an extremely scary, mobile spell casting platform, and he can also go toe-to-toe with smaller units in combat. Mark of Tzeentch is a must to give the model a ward save. Runesword, Dispel Scroll, and Collar of Khorne sounds like a good enough set-up. Possibly give him the Roar too so that he can put out a tonne of shooting damage.

Doommasters
23-07-2010, 00:32
Manticore or Dragon? I have never used these before so yea.....

GodlessM
23-07-2010, 00:57
Dragon definitely. Manticore is too easy to take out from under the Lord, and if you go Sorcerer Lord you also don't want him frenzied.

blackstork
23-07-2010, 07:10
There is no dragons in 8th in WoC (Galrauch is exception). Check in errata.

ChrisIronBrow
23-07-2010, 07:33
Uh, actually the only part that is removed is the note about including Dragons using a Hero slot. They are still listed as options to be taken by lords.

SiNNiX
23-07-2010, 07:37
Either way, if you ever decide to convert a Chaos model on a mount, I love the Slaanesh Lord on Steed of Slaanesh model. Very cool model and easy to make cool conversions with. I made a conversion for my WOC friend with the Slaanesh Lord on a Chaos Dragon but I painted it blues and oranges and made it a Tzeentch Lord/Dragon and it turned out badass.

Slaanesh Lord (http://www.games-workshop.com/gws/catalog/productDetail.jsp?catId=cat440108a&prodId=prod1050024)