PDA

View Full Version : Help me decide on a interesting list/army

Unpresentable
23-07-2010, 04:01
Hey guys,

Alight after being retired for most of 7th ed. I'm jumping back into the Fantasy saddle.

I know there are a ton of "which army should I play".

This is rather which of these choices sound more interesting and remain semi-competitive. I like Fluff, but I also like close games.

First- Beastmen w/ tons of Gors and Ungors back by chariots and possibly Minos. All decked out in warpaint, Brave heart style.

Second- Dark Elves Raider list w/ Corsairs, Xbowmen, Cold one knights, Reaper Bolt Throwers. Going to try and stay away from Khaine units and Hydras (might include one just for the sick model)

Third- Vampire Counts w/ tons of Skeletons, wight kings, Vamps, and Ethereal units. I hate the ghoul models.

I like all the fluff from all three, I like these model ranges the most. I just want to know everyone else' opinion.

Paraelix
23-07-2010, 04:13
Gors. Few people doing Beastmen atm... Should give you an individual army and unexpected play style... Everyone knows how VCs and Delves work... And your lists are hardly anything new :P

Ultimate Life Form
23-07-2010, 04:18
Vamps. I like the Skeleton theme, I'm going for it myself. Then again maybe I should do Tomb Kings. :rolleyes:

Rogzor87
23-07-2010, 04:19
Beastmen IMO. They are an underused and unappreciated army.

Paraelix
23-07-2010, 04:30
Beastmen IMO. They are an underused and unappreciated army.

With sexy models and great conversion opportunities... A mate of mine did a Southlands Beastman army a while back and had them invading Khemri... So was using a bunch of pillaged TK chariots and popped their shields on his Ungor.

Lord of Divine Slaughter
23-07-2010, 07:52
Its not a choice. Do them all :)

Middenmordheimer
23-07-2010, 09:05
Its not a choice. Do them all :)

so true lol unless you end up like me and never get an army to the table because you make everything you think of.

Lord of Divine Slaughter
23-07-2010, 09:08
You're just impatient. One day they'll be ready :)

Thalenchar
23-07-2010, 12:53
I say go for the skellies! Braveheart Gors sound cool and would look good, but there are few things that look as great a well-done horde of shambling skeletons, urged forward by their skeleton kings and flanked by the ethereal souls of long dead warriors.

Born2Rune
23-07-2010, 13:01
I voted for your Beastmen option for 2 main reasons. Firstly, Beastmen are the least seen of the 3 armies you mentioned. Secondly not only is your Braveheart idea cool, but it will also resemble Ancient British Celts, a fearsome battlefield sight :D!! Whichever one/ones you choose have fun and be sure to show pics!

Unpresentable
23-07-2010, 14:51
Thanks everyone for the feed back.

Your probably right and I will eventually get around to doing them all. But to start I think I am going to settle on Beastmen.

I really love the idea of having a rarely seen army. Nothing like surprising your opponent.

Plus I just can't seem to get the Ancient British Celts (as borne2rune stated) theme out of my head.

Again thanks. Ill be sure to post some pics.