PDA

View Full Version : Tale of Fantasy Painters Pre-Season Vote

CaptainFaramir
03-08-2010, 09:09
As per this thread (http://www.warseer.com/forums/showthread.php?t=269658), I am going to sign up for the Tale of Fanatasy Painters for the 2010-2011 season. I am a reasonably quick and dedicated painter but I am looking for a new challenge.

Consequently, and given my pre-disposition to do things I think I probably won't like, only to later find out I do like them, I was hoping the community could bring it's collective knowledge together and pick my next army for me.

Just to say, I have already collected and painted 3000+ points of Empire, Vampire Counts, Skaven and High Elves... I've also dabbled in WoC, Wood Elves, and O&G but not enough to put me off!

Vote now and I shall follow your commands!

Disclaimer: This is not a "which army should I collect" - it is a "which army should I paint". I will probably never game with this army, I will just paint it to the highest standard I can achieve. If this influences your decision (most beautiful/convertible/stand-out models) then please let it do so.

Wicked Dwarf
03-08-2010, 09:38
I voted Warriors Of Chaos.

That is because Warriors Of Chaos is just a mix of bad ass guys and creautures in the Warhammer World which will give you a lot of room for conversions and additional models. With that I mean a unit Flaggelants as Marauders for example. There are so many things you can do with Warriors of Chaos. Especially the Lords & Heroes will give some great things to do!
And don't forget the different marks!

Onidan
03-08-2010, 10:40
Annother Vote for Warriors of Chaos. Itīs one of my favourite ranges with great potential for painting and converting. Only reason I donīt have an army of them myself yet is that a friend of mine was faster :D

Braad
03-08-2010, 17:43
As the ToFP statician, I can tell you that both Tomb Kings and Daemons are the most under-represented armies. Since I like Daemons more, I voted those.

Malorian
03-08-2010, 17:56
I always like seeing Bretonnians :)

Moopy
03-08-2010, 18:06
I see it's a close race between Brets and WoC - I've seen enough Chaos armies. Bretonnians are a chance to make each knight unique and present a fun challenge. I voted Brets! :)

CaptainFaramir
03-08-2010, 18:41
Wow! I'm really surprised Brettonians are doing so well! And I'm amazed that Ogres have got zero votes (although this may be due to the fact that a certain other Plog (http://www.warseer.com/forums/showthread.php?p=4882346#post4882346)has such epic Ogre, no-one could ever compete!).

I've had a few thoughts about WoC conversions... I've got an old WarWagon chassis and some Mordheim figures that could go together well...

On the other hand, the idea of creating a unique colour scheme for each knight (and yet still keeping a unified pallette) is quite intreguing...

*goes to get popcorn and a sketch pad*

Ka Faraq Gatri
04-08-2010, 00:09
As a pure exercise in painting and modelling, it simply has to be Bretonnians. Lots of opportunity to create unique colour schemes and subtle conversions, as each Knight is a proud individual, and large units of dirty peasants are a great tonal shift away from the Knights.

Bretonnians, in short, provide both variety and challenge, or to put it another way: pure, unadulterated win.

Ramius4
04-08-2010, 03:56
As someone who has a painted Bretonnian army, I voted for them. You said your goal is to paint an army to the highest possible standard. This army challenges that and offers you a great miniature range for the purpose.

Whatever you choose, good luck!