PDA

View Full Version : Warhammer Quest new monsters

Daemonslave
18-08-2010, 14:04
Here's the place to put any rules for made up monsters. If the group agree that they are suitable then I will put them here in the first post (which I will update regularly - Kinda like they do on the rumour threads). :)

New monsters;

Harpy

M:5
Ws:3
S:3
T:3
W:3
I:5
A:1
Damage: 1d6

Special: Fly, Gang up, Ambush (5+), Grab

Grab: If 2 or more harpies that are using the 'Gang up' rule make a succesful hit resolve damage as usual, then the warrior must pass a strength test or be lifted into the air by the harpies. In the next monster phase the harpies will exchange their normal attacks to drop the warrior causing 2d6 damage modified by toughness but not armour; warriors may do nothing while grabbed until they are dropped. Note large warriors i.e. ogre sized, are immune to grab as they are simply to big to be picked up!

wilsongrahams
19-08-2010, 09:40
I'd love a Hydra to be an end-game monster. It seems the most suitable Warhammer Quest beastie to be in such a position. I'll have a go very soon. I'm still cutting out floor plans!

Daemonslave
19-08-2010, 10:50
Well, like the dragon, why not have different levels of Hydra. That's what I plan to do, using the GW one as a normal Hydra and the McFarlane Hydra dragon as the bad-ass mo fo that could turn up at level 10.

I was planning on doing this for a few models, i.e the Griffon (Use the new plastic GW one for normal and the Troll Forged one for the larger).

I am also planning (quite ambitiously) to make level 11 and 12 monsters too, things with rediculous stats that are basically there to kill off your warriors (rather than let them retire). I'm going to make Daemonic Lords (ie. even better bloodthirsters and the like, using the forgeworld models). Though to compensate for these monsters being overpowered I was going to allow 6 warriors at level 11 and 8 at 12.

Just a few thoughts from me anyway.

Also, whilst I'm rambling on I am going to make my monster tables D.10.10 rather than D.6.6, so that I can include loads more models that have been released since Warhammer Quest came out and from other ranges - just ask if you want a link to the models I have in mind. [if anyone would like to help me make rules for these guys I would be forever in your debt].

Here's a few new level 1 creatures I will add;

Giant Leeches,
Crocodiles
Giant Toads,
Carcass Scavengers
Giant Vultures
Hellmites
Fire Beetles
Harpies
Dryads

Inandantia
19-08-2010, 11:17
I would be interested to see rules for harpies and dryads especially. Will you be using the GW models for those or something else?

The dryads have inspired me to have a go at a treekin monster, should be ok at level one as I see it around the minotaur scale. Dryads have also just reminded me of an idea I had for a new warrior: a wood elf shapeshifter, I'll see if I can dig it up :cool:

Daemonslave
19-08-2010, 12:44
I was going to use the GW dryads but the harpies from otherworld.

Mr Feral
19-08-2010, 12:50
Interesting ideas, can you explain the Carcass Scavengers (or link me to miniatures as you said?)

I've written some rules for Zombie Pirates and other denizens of the Vampire Coast - I've put them into a separate thread (click me! (http://www.warseer.com/forums/showthread.php?p=4923718#post4923718)) so we can keep this one for more "generic" Monsters.

Speaking of other Monsters, my friend gave me the idea for a "Flesh Abomination", a Vampire Counts version of Ogres, Trolls, Minotaurs etc. I have yet to write rules for it, but imagine a really beefed up Frankenstein's Monster on steroids. I'll do rules for it sometime for folk's evalution. :p

Daemonslave
19-08-2010, 12:57
Interesting ideas, can you explain the Carcass Scavengers (or link me to miniatures as you said?)

http://www.otherworld.me.uk/dmseries2.html

scroll down towards near the bottom.

Speaking of other Monsters, my friend gave me the idea for a "Flesh Abomination", a Vampire Counts version of Ogres, Trolls, Minotaurs etc. I have yet to write rules for it, but imagine a really beefed up Frankenstein's Monster on steroids. I'll do rules for it sometime for folk's evalution. :p

Well I had thought of doing a mindless golem, something that was nigh on indestructable but had no intelligence, moving in straight lines towards the nearest warrior. I thought he could be an uber dull beefcake who would kick your ass if he got close but if manouvered cleverly would just as likely walk off a cliff. :p

Mr Feral
19-08-2010, 14:53
That website has some rather nifty looking models!

Well I had thought of doing a mindless golem, something that was nigh on indestructable but had no intelligence, moving in straight lines towards the nearest warrior. I thought he could be an uber dull beefcake who would kick your ass if he got close but if manouvered cleverly would just as likely walk off a cliff. :p

Yes, that's pretty much how I'd imagine it. If I were to convert one I'd use the new Rat Ogre (the one on all fours) from Island of Blood and give it a new head. I'd probably convert it to have random limbs sticking out at odd angles as well.

Rules-wise I'd probably make up a chart for it's random attacks (similar to Giants but on a lesser scale), and maybe Regenerate or Ignore Blow (to represent all those extra limbs and bits it has). :)

wilsongrahams
19-08-2010, 21:47
I think Lizardmen would be a useful addition - I can imagine our intrepid heroes going to Lustria to raid the riches there. There are some easy all the way up to hard monsters there too.

Daemons would also make for an interesting one - as mentioned above with the greater daemons, but even the lower levels and some new unique events and floor plans for the warping nature of chaos could be fun - I'm thinking time portals and floors that connect to a room the other side of the map here.

Mr Feral
19-08-2010, 22:07
There were rules for Lizardmen in Deathblow 1, but since it used the 6th edition Fantasy rules as a basis, I think they need an update but I imagine they should work fine.

As for Daemons, the rules are a bit outdated (no Heralds, Pink Horrors split into two etc.) but obviously a bit of a rules rewrite and that's sorted. I know I certainly wouldn't mind my Warrior band mixing it up with the Changeling and company.

As you mentioned, the opportunity for some daemonic board sections is there as well, make them real absurd and grotesque (floating rocks and random eyes growing out of the floor for Tzeentch, rivers of blood and brass everywhere for Khorne etc..) :)

Inandantia
20-08-2010, 11:45
There are indeed rules for Lizardmen in Deathblow. The nice thing about quest is that most models have their basic profile up on the games workshop site so all you need to do for some quick monster rules is up the number of wounds, add a rule or two from the roleplay book (or make one up) and decide on a gold value. Instant quest monster!

To that end, I was inspired by Daemonslave's earlier post to have a go at making Harpy rules. Here's the first draft.

Harpy

M:5
S:3
T:3
W:3
I:5
Damage: 1d6

Special: Fly, Gang up, Ambush (5+), Grab

Grab: If 2 or more harpies that are using the 'Gang up' rule make a succesful hit resolve damage as usual, then the warrior must pass a strength test or be lifted into the air by the harpies. In the next monster phase the harpies will exchange their normal attacks to drop the warrior causing 2d6 damage modified by toughness but not armour; warriors may do nothing while grabbed until they are dropped. Note large warriors i.e. ogre sized, are immune to grab as they are simply to big to be picked up!

I decided to have the harpies make the drop attack on the following turn as they could potentially cause a lot of damage in one turn for a level 1 warrior to deal with, so at least this gives them chanc to receive a healing spell of similar.

Thought and comments always welcome :cool:

edit: thoughts on a gold value, 60 maybe?

2nd edit: re-worded the grab rule, hope that makes things more clear?

Daemonslave
20-08-2010, 12:18
Looks pretty good.

Just to clarify the Grab rule, when you say two successful attacks, do you mean work out damage caused and then have him lifted (and then dropped in the Harpies next attacking phase) or do you mean two roll to hits and then the warrior is lifted instead of being wounded that round?

Also, it might be worth stating that large characters (ie the ogre) that take up more than one square cannot be lifted as they are too heavy.

Inandantia
20-08-2010, 12:31
Sorry, what I mean is it will be one attack (as the harpies will be using the Gang up rule from the roleplay book, getting +1 to hit and +1S) and if that attack is successful work out the damage as usual, then the warrior makes a strength test to see if they are grabbed and then in the next round the drop is made inflicting the 2d6 damage. Hope that's a little more clear?

And yes that's a good point about ogre sized characters! I'll edit the post.

Purplebeard
20-08-2010, 19:21
Would like to see a not - Beholder and a not - Mindflayer. Also Chaos Dwarves, and truly Chaotic Chaos.

Purplebeard
20-08-2010, 19:23
Daemons of Law too.

Mr Feral
20-08-2010, 19:47
I would like to see some Flayerkin and some Chaos Cultists as well, mostly so I could have the joys of converting them. :)

BigRob
20-08-2010, 21:34
Two easy options here, first, you can go through the WFB army books doing rules for all the monsters and creatures to update Quest. Bye Bye chaos centaurs, hello Centigors, that kind of thing. One thing I found missing from Quest was all the human monsters, things like bandits, mercenaries, brettonians, etc etc.

Second, we have the awesomeness that is WFRP (1 and 2 anyway) so a quick flick through the bestairy will give you no end of ideas.

Daemonslave
20-08-2010, 21:35
Well there was rules for Chaos thugs in one of the Deathblow articles - you could use the same stats as them, perhaps just add some magic abilities to represent them chanting and using sorcery.

Mr Feral
20-08-2010, 23:32
I like the idea of using humans as adversaries, it would give me an excuse to paint up some of the Mordheim range, in particular Johann the Knife for an Assassin, and the Highwayman for kicks as well. :)

BigRob
21-08-2010, 08:47
I did have a whole set of human stats we used for bandits and encounters. We used the old 5th edition battle magic for the bandit wizards spells, gave them plenty of regular armour and equipment and used a few things the players would never bother with like handguns and pistols which came as a surprise to the players, especially as we houseruled blackpowder weapons ignored armour (and pistols ignore the pinning rules).

Having played though a campaign from BL1 to BL10 with a group of 8 players at a local store a good few years ago, the monsters in quest do not scale well. The lower level monsters are easy prey almost immediatly, while once you get to level 6+ it gets very hard for the players to win.

Tanked up with magic, the players struggle and when you get things like Vermin Lords, Griffons, Small Dragons and Hydras the players tend to drop very quickly even with piles of magic items and power ups. For kicks, we tried an arena of death once with the greater deamons. Players were allowed to use all thier buffs and items before the fight, full skills etc and everytime they got a total beating! Remember you needed to put like 20 wounds on a bloodthirster just to beat the armour and then it had a chance to ignore it all on a 4+. The only one we had that came close was the lord of anerion with his 10 attacks and even he was gutted in the next round.

Daemonslave
26-08-2010, 10:02
I liked the harpy rules so I have put them in the first post.

Here's my contribution;

Crocodiles (Reaper does some excellent crocs by the way)

Crocodiles are usually found in the many swamplands that cover the old world, yet they need to travel far when they wish to breed - young crocodiles would not survive the harsh conditions in these deadly marshes. They seek out areas of cold, dark solitude, and the dungeons are well suited. Armed with mighty jaws, crocodiles are viscious predators capable of killing men with a single bite.

M: 3
WS: 3
BS: /
S: 5
T: 5
W: 6
I: 2
A: 1
Dam: D6
Gold: 125 (?)

Special: Jaws 5+,

Jaws n+: If the to hit roll is n or above then the creature has locked the hero in its mighty jaws. Any damage is doubled and the warrior must pass a strength test instead of his next round of attacks or be hit again automatically in the monsters attacking phase. If a warrior is ensnared the creature will not attempt to bite anyone else until the hero is killed or escapsed, but may make normal attacks as usual (attacks with tail, etc instead).

More contributions;

Giant Leeches

Giant Leeches are horrible bloated creatures, living on the blood of others. Although slow in both movement and attack, they have row upon row of needle like fangs enabling them to firmly grip onto their prey and drain them of their life fluids.

M: 2
S: 3
T: 3
W: 1
I: 1
Dam: 1d6
Gold: 25

Special: Bloodsucker 6+

Bloodsucker n+ : When rolling for damage any roll of n or more allows the attacking monster to roll a further dice to it's total damage score. You should keep on rolling for damage until the attacking monster fails to roll n+ or the warrior is killed. [Example: A Giant Leech rolls for damage and scores a 6, allowing it to roll a further dice, it then rolls another 6 (very lucky!) and then rolls a 2. The Giant Leech therefore has caused 6 + 6 + 2 = 14 wounds].

Carcass Scavengers

Who knows the origins of these wierd and bizarre creatures? Scuttling through dungeons of the old world they hypnotise their prey into a state of paralysis before vomitting their digestive acids upon their victim, before finally consuming them. Not a nice way to go!

M: 4
WS: 4
S: 4
W:5
A: 2
Gold: 275

Special: Fear 4, Hypnotise 5+, Vomit, Carcass Eater

Carcass Eater: Any warrior reduced to zero wounds will lose D3 wounds from their starting wounds permanantly. A warrior reduced to 0 starting wounds or less is automatically killed and cannot be revived. Also, for every 3 points of damage infliced (normal damage not starting wounds) the Carcass Scavenger regains 1 wound up to its maximum starting statistic.

Giant vultures

Associated with death, these large creatures instinctively know when a potential meal is about to turn up. Fast and armed with razorsharp beaks, these creatures should not be taken lightly, for though they prefer to scavange, they are not averse to killing their meal themselves.

M: 6
W: 2
Gold: 35

Special: Fly

Inchpractice
03-09-2010, 00:04
I am so glad this sub forum is here. When I first restarted my interest in WHQ a few months ago this wasn't here :)

I am creating my own battle tables to reflect newer models. I am taking out Chaos Dwarves and am adding Lizardmen instead. I was going to add Norsca and Amazons to the lower levels but the whqchronicles site was shut down which had the rules on.

I like the Leech rules, I saw some good leech models on a miniature site the other day.

Daemonslave
03-09-2010, 07:03
I am so glad this sub forum is here. When I first restarted my interest in WHQ a few months ago this wasn't here :)

I am creating my own battle tables to reflect newer models. I am taking out Chaos Dwarves and am adding Lizardmen instead. I was going to add Norsca and Amazons to the lower levels but the whqchronicles site was shut down which had the rules on.

I like the Leech rules, I saw some good leech models on a miniature site the other day.

Yeah, after a bit of pestering I managed to get one of the mods to set this area up (cheers Wintermute).

Although GW no longer do Chaos Dwarves, I like to keep them as we have rules for them, plus Scibor do some nice models of them (check out his Mosculs range).

Do you have the Deathblow mags? There were rules for lizardmen in them.

As for the leeches, ta very much about the rules. I buy my models from Heresy, but otherworld do a good set too (though more expensive).

:)

BigRob
03-09-2010, 20:12
Do you have the Deathblow mags? There were rules for lizardmen in them.

:)

Rules that were pants. They need a good reworking. Slann should be the most hardcore magic user around, not someone that the party can roll over in a couple of rounds.

Daemonslave
05-09-2010, 13:27
Rules that were pants. They need a good reworking. Slann should be the most hardcore magic user around, not someone that the party can roll over in a couple of rounds.

Yeah, fair point. Hopefully if we redo the magic abilities of the monsters we can make the Slaan set quite powerful compared to the others.

I don't think the other lizardmen stats are too bad otherwise though, some might need a few tweeks however.

Eternus
29-11-2010, 10:43
I wanted to do rules for Chaos Marauders, so I thought about just using the Beastmen rules, but with Str4 and T3 for models with flails, and Str3 T4 for models with HW and Shield - anyone already got rules for these anywhere?

Daemonslave
30-11-2010, 20:47
I wanted to do rules for Chaos Marauders, so I thought about just using the Beastmen rules, but with Str4 and T3 for models with flails, and Str3 T4 for models with HW and Shield - anyone already got rules for these anywhere?

Yep the rules are;

W 7, M 4, WS 4, BS 4+, S 4, T 3, I 4, A 1, Dam 1d6

no armour, gold 120, armed with two handed weapons

Mr Feral
30-11-2010, 22:09
Where are those Marauder rules from? :)

Daemonslave
02-12-2010, 16:07
Where are those Marauder rules from? :)

From the 'Caverns of the Beastmen' extras included in an issue of White Dwarf (I think). I have it saved on my computer so I'm not sure which issue.

Mr Feral
02-12-2010, 20:16
Ah I recall that now, I have a digital copy of that. :)

Eternus
03-12-2010, 14:10
From the 'Caverns of the Beastmen' extras included in an issue of White Dwarf (I think). I have it saved on my computer so I'm not sure which issue.

Ah I recall that now, I have a digital copy of that. :)

Don't suppose anyone may be willing to provide me with a copy? :D

Mr Feral
03-12-2010, 14:21
Can do, will shoot you a PM later on. :)

Eternus
05-12-2010, 09:23
Can do, will shoot you a PM later on. :)

Cheers dude.

Eredrian
07-01-2011, 11:18
Well, it goes on.

Grab ability
I have an addition for the grab ability of the harpies. First, why not establish the ability in general? A grab ability for the giant scorpion/minotaur, I think it is to harmfull only with his talon attack? Also the warriors could grab something (like the folowwing rule) and throw it in a chasm or something instead of attacking.
Second, it was written, two harpies are needed to grab one warrior, but aren't strong enough to grab large ogre sizes warriors. Here it could be the rule, that grabbing is always possible, when the number of grabbers is double than the square size of a model (8 harpies for one ogre, 4 for rider size). This means in general, in a lack of enough monsters an ogre will rarely grabbed, but there is the possibility to.

Giant Leeches
I guess, I will take this rules. In addition there seems to be a cruel combination, when placing them with spiders (web ability). In this case there is need to update the Bloodsucker rule.

In general
What I'm missing is a general declaration of how many monsters appear and for what battle level...

EldritchGamer
03-02-2011, 09:52
Love the thread - I can see me adding those harpies to my collection of custom Monster tables!

If anybody is interested, I have rules for Cultists, Demagogues, Warlocks and Mutants over on my site: The Imperial Vault (http://imperialvault.co.uk/category/monsters/chaos/)

There's some rules for the Ogre Kingdoms as well, written by a friend of mine: Ogre Bulls, Lead Belchers, Iron Guts and Gnoblars.

I have some rules for Marauders that involve more armour and a choice of tribes, I'll try and dig them out and post them here when I find them :-)

One Monster that I always wanted to see was a Marauder Berserker - likethe barbarian, only meaner! Perhaps using the rules posted above, with Frenzy 5+ and an extra 50 Gold on their profile?

Chickenbane
08-02-2011, 11:14
Stonelings

Deep in the cavern systems and dungeons of the warhammer world live snotlings, a kind of simple semi humanoid green skinned thug that is a nuisance if not a menace to the intrepid explorers. Despite their small size snotlings are quite resilient to the dangers below, one such example is stoneling. A stoneling is an immature snotling pup that has unfortunately come into contact with the dung of a cockatrice, gorgon or basilisk. Now normally this is a death sentance but something in the snotlings metabolism allows it to frollick with childish glee in the essentially magical faeces, but not without a cost. The creature formally known as a snotling is transformed into a stoneling. Stonelings look for all intents and purposes like grey snotlings but are far more dangerous. The stonelings are much tougher than before and also have strong anti magical powers caused by the metamorphosis. Despite (or perhaps even because) of these changes stonelings are very difficult to hit.

Wounds: 2 Attacks: 1
Move: 4 Gold(each): 40
Weapon Skill: 1 Armour: 2
Ballistic Skill: - Damage: 1D6
Strength: 2
Toughness: 2(4)
Initiative: 1

Special Rules: Ambush, Magic A, Gang Up, Magic Drain 5+, Magic Resistance, Small Target.

Small Target: Because stonelings are extremely small there is a -2 modifier to hit them with a ballistic weapon and a -1 to hit in hand to hand.

I just painted a few of the snotlings from a gw snotling base grey as they were smaller than the ones in the box.

DelveLord
29-05-2011, 19:30
I love the new ideas for WHQ Monsters on this thread. Have you considered a Charm ability for the Harpy? I believe they were charmers, mythologically speaking :) What about ...

Charm n+
Each turn, roll 1d6 for the Monster. If the value is greater than or equal to the Monster's Charm Value, it attempts to charm a random Warrior. The intended target must pass a Willpower Check or is charmed for a Whole Turn. A charmed Warrior will attack the nearest Warrior, but will not cast spells or use magical items.

DelveLord
29-05-2011, 19:39
In the spirit of "Character Monsters" like Gorgut, Skabnoze, etc, here is a Night Goblin Shaman I concoted for one of my Citadel figures ...

Figure available at: http://www.games-workshop.com/gws/catalog/productDetail.jsp?prodId=prod840880

http://www.dmmuse.com/images/Lagamuz and PipSqueal FaceScraper.png

Monster Encounter: Lagamuz and 1d6+1 Night Goblins

A feared Night Goblin Shaman, Lagamuz carries around his "mascot" at all times, the particularly vicious Snotling named PipSqueal FaceSlicer. Lagamuz rescued the creature from a tribe of Savage Orcs that kept it around for entertainment, pitting it against various animals and monsters in impromptu pit fights. Over the years, the Snotling hardened into a cruel killing machine with razor sharp claws and a bad temper.

Wounds: 12
Move: 4
Weapon Skill: 2
Ballistic Skill: 4+
Strength: 4
Toughness: 4
Initiative: 3
Attacks: 1
Gold: 930
Armour: -
Damage: 2

Special Rules
Goblin Magic (2), Magic Resistance 5+ (Ring), PipSqueal FaceSlicer

PipSqueal FacerSlicer

The first turn that a Warrior is adjacent to Lagamuz during the Monster Phase, PipSqueal will leap from his head and latch himself onto the Warrior's head. If there are multiple Warriors adjacent, determine which one randomly. During each Monster Phase that PipSqueal is so attached (including the first) he scratches viciously at the Warrior's face, inflicting 1 Wound on the hapless Warrior. He is also such a distraction that the Warrior cannot cast spells, and suffers a -1 to all to hit rolls. In order to dislodge Pipsqueal, a Warrior must complete an Initiative Check (1d6 + Initiative, score 7 or higher). The Warrior can do nothing more than Move during a Turn that this is attempted. If successful, the Warrior flings Pipsqueal off, and he scampers back to Lagamuz, ready to leap onto another victim as the opportunity presents (if Lagamuz is dead, he instead scampers off into the darkness). If the Warrior rolls a 6 on the Initiative Check, he slams the Snotling to the cold dungeon floor, killing it. If this happens, Lagamuz snaps, making every effort to engage the Warrior in hand to hand combat, and getting an additional attack against him each Turn, although both attacks are at -1 to hit in his blind hate.

Daemonslave
30-05-2011, 19:23
You could alternatively give the harpy the ability to hypnotise.

Interesting rules for the goblin Shaman, will have to give them a try in a game sometime.

I was gonna wait until I had finished the rules for all my new level 1 monsters but the sooned I can get feedback the sooner I can make changes. Here's some I have done so far;

Giant Toads

M 6, WS 4, BS 4+, S 3, T 3, I 2, A 1, W 3, Dam 1D6, Arm /, Gold 50,

Leap, Tongue Attack

Leap: Some Monsters are able to Leap, and thus can move around the board with a greater degree of freedom. Monsters that can Leap may move to any empty square on the board within their
Movement range, ignoring all obstacles in their way. Monsters that leap may not be pinned in combat and may change their target each turn. Draw a Warrior counter at the start of each Monsters' Phase for each leaping Monster to determine which Warrior it attacks. (If there isn't an empty square next to the intended victim, draw again.)

Tongue Attack: If not in base contact the toad may make a tongue attack at the nearest model within 3 squares. Roll to hit as normal, if successful the warrior suffers a str 4 hit causing 1 wound. This damage is poisonous.

Hellmites

M 3, WS 3, BS /, S 3, T 3(5), I 1, A 1, W 3, Dam 1D6, Arm 2, Gold 40,

Plague

Giant Weasels

M 5, WS 4, BS /, S 4, T 2, I 3, A 1, W 2, Dam 1D6, Arm /, Gold 45,

Frenzy 4+

Wild Boar

M 7, WS 4, BS /, S 3, T 4, I 3, A 1, W 10, Dam 1D6, Arm /, Gold 150,

Bears

M 4, WS 4, BS /, S 6, T 5, I 3, A 1, W 14, Dam 1D6, Arm /, Gold 250,

Wolves

M 9, WS 4, BS /, S 3, T 3, I 3, A 1, W 7, Dam 1D6, Arm /, Gold 70,

Great Wolves

M 9, WS 4, BS /, S 4, T 4, I 4, A 1, W 12, Dam 1D6, Arm /, Gold 120,

Next up; Dire Wolves, Lions, Savage Men, Savage Women, Goblin Skulkers, Dark Elf Corsairs, Dark Elf Shades, Dryads, Skaven Night Runners, Marauders, Marauder Horsemen, Chaos Cultists, Gnoll Warriors, Boglins, Fimir, Meazels, Bugbears, Ice Terrors and *drumroll TYRANID Spore Mines (yep I'm gonna be having Tyranids in the dungeons)

DelveLord
01-06-2011, 12:20
Very nice monsters, I'm working on a web-based WHQ Monster database (among other online tools related to Quest) and I'll have to get these entered. The ultimate goal is to create a dynamic Monster Table that generates results based on the Gold Values of the Monsters.

For the Giant Toad, did you consider a tongue attack that also pulls the Warrior adjacent to the Toad as part of the attack? Maybe the Toad lashes out its tongue, snatches a Warrior, and pulls them in for a bite. It's always cool when a special attack can result in moving pieces around the board.

DelveLord
01-06-2011, 12:22
Question on the tongue attack: It causes a "str 4 hit causing 1 wound". Is this mechanic based on some house ruling you did in Quest? I've never seen this kind of expression used for an attack in WHQ before.

Daemonslave
01-06-2011, 14:03
Question on the tongue attack: It causes a "str 4 hit causing 1 wound". Is this mechanic based on some house ruling you did in Quest? I've never seen this kind of expression used for an attack in WHQ before.

I don't know tbh :confused:. I think I mixed the rule up with 40k or something.

What it should be is that it is a missile attack at str 4 and any damage is poisonous.

As for the dragging the warrior part, that's a good idea, but I think I will use it as rules for the greater sized Toads/ Plague Toads

Ironmonger
06-09-2011, 02:29
I am loving the new monsters coming out of Warhammer Forge (and... well, the Cockatrice is a gorgeous mini, too!). I'll post up the rules that I have for Chaos Dwarfs and Sneaky Gits and the like (all based off the roleplay book) here, instead of doing too much clogging of the other Flames Beneath Zharr-Niggarund thread...

I did do some rules for this wee brilliant diorama: http://www.games-workshop.com/gws/catalog/productDetail.jsp?catId=cat500019a&prodId=prod1760004
As an event card, you place it as far away from the warriors as possible in a room. During the monster phase, it randomly moves 1d3+1 inches (where 1, 2-3, 4-5, and 6 are the diagonal directions from the squares it's occupying). It begins "pointed" at a random Warrior. If and when Animosity! contacts a warrior(s), the warrior looses D6 wounds and is pinned for one turn. At the beginning of the power phase when wounds were taken, Animosity! is removed (as the Orcs fight on, and the goblins run away!), and the card suffled back into the deck. :D

Necanthrope
07-11-2011, 10:22
Hello folks.
In my never ending Quest (har har!) for cheap models I got hold of a copy of Battle Masters yesterday, an old MB game produced with games workshop that was like a very lite version of warhammer.
It had loads of chaos and greenskins that will be going into my dungeons, but among the chaos ranks were some rather nice looking archers, 10 of them.

I'd never seen or heard of Chaos having any archers before but I have decided they are going into the monsters box anyway, with the following rules.

1d6 CHAOS ARCHERS (Battle level one/two)
Wounds: 4
BS: 4+
I: 3
Armour: 0
Armed with Longbows (str4)
60 Gold

What does you think?

Necanthrope
11-11-2011, 16:45
No thoughts at all, not even to say the idea is awful?

Nachie
26-11-2011, 15:07
The idea is great! Those Marauder Archers are by far the best thing that came out of Battle Masters, and I've had them in my Quest games for quite a while, now! :)

I use almost the exact same stats as you do, except I give them 7 wounds and they are worth 120 gold. These are also the stats I use for Chaos Marauders in general, though to be honest I don't have the newest edition army book so that could change depending on how they're currently presented in WHFB.

In case you're wondering, the reason I upped the wounds score is that 5 seems to be the standard # of wounds for a human (two more than an Orc which is strange, but so it goes) based on the fact that skeletons and zombies each have 5 wounds. In the Citadel Journal article on using Dwarfs, the basic clansman had 5 wounds. Basic Elves, for whatever reason, tend to get six. So seven wounds represents a particularly hardened Norse berserker/marauder. Any ally characters such as hired human mercenaries that the warriors bring along with them are usually at 5. Important allied NPCs tend to get 11 or so.

Cutlass
04-12-2011, 15:31
Very nice monsters, I'm working on a web-based WHQ Monster database (among other online tools related to Quest) and I'll have to get these entered. The ultimate goal is to create a dynamic Monster Table that generates results based on the Gold Values of the Monsters.

Cool! Id be very interested to see the results.

Here are some of the cultists I've made for my games:

(Acolyte of Change (Cult of the Purple Hand) - Chaos)

The Purple Hand is the largest Chaos cult in The Empire and is dedicated to the Chaos God Tzeentch. They have 'cells' all over The Empire; cells are operational units whose sole purpose is to undermine the administration where they are based. This idea was taken from the highly organised crime syndicates of Sartosa by Purple Hand cultists who were most impressed by some of the crime lords' methods on that island. Middenheim has the largest concentration of Purple Hand operatives and it is there that the most important members of the Cult reside. The Purple Hand is one of the best organised Chaos cults in The Empire and has substantial funds and many prominent members within its ranks. The Acolyte of Change is the backbone of the cult many of them commit to despicable deeds to gain the attention of Tzeentch.
(Source : Cutlass)
Wounds: 3
Weapon Skill: 3
Ballistic Skill: 4
Strength: 3
Toughness: 3 (4)
Initiative: 2
Attack: 1
Damage: 1D6
Armour: 1
Gold (Each): 50
Level: 1

Enemy's WS To Hit Foe
1 2
2 3
3 4
4 4
5 4
6 4
7 5
8 5
9 5
10 6

Special Rules:
Chaos Mutation (Tier 1). Chaos Mutation (Tier 3).

<hr />

(Blood Cultist (Cult of the Red Blade) - Chaos)

There are very few of Khorne's cults in the Empire as his worship is usually centred around the battlefields of the Chaos wastes where the aspects of the Blood God can be fully 'appreciated': frenzy, anger, rage, destruction, violence, and the spilling of blood. Even in the Empire, such things are difficult to do in a civilized country. However, the Red Blade hopes to change all this by recruiting as many cut-throats, thugs, murderers, anarchists, and generally any unpleasant people, into their ranks and then inflict as much widespread murder as possible in the name of Khorne. the veteran cultists are recruited from the ranks of soldiers & mercenaries who have proven their worth in battle. The Blood Cultist forms the backbone of the cult, they defend cult turf from invaders, carry out assassination & extortion missions and generally cause havoc as much as possible.
Wounds: 5
Weapon Skill: 4
Gold (Each): 100

Enemy's WS To Hit Foe
1 2
2 3
3 3
4 4
5 4
6 4
7 4
8 4
9 5
10 5

Special Rules:
Chaos Mutation (Tier 3). Frenzy 5+. Ignore Blows 6+.

<hr />

(Entropy Prophet (Follower of the Foetid Maw) - Chaos)

The Foetid Maw was founded at the start of the Storm of Chaos when a young woman named Reilla joined up a band of mercenaries. The band broke & fled leaving her behind. A Chaos Warrior of Nurgle captured her and tortured her & expsed her to horrors best left unsaid for five days in a row. After that the warrior released her and commanded her to spread what she had learned. She tunred to Nurgle for comfort and the Lord of Decay provided her with followers who saw her as their saviour. They gave her the tilte The Foetid Maw. In time she was too hideous to behold and too ravaged to walk so her followers bore her in a closed Palanquin, carrying her from ruined village to ruined village. Entropy Prophets recruit new members and often carry out the numerous rituals their god desires.
Ballistic Skill: 5
Toughness: 3
Gold (Each): 120

Enemy's WS To Hit Foe
1 2
2 3
3 3
4 4
5 4
6 4
7 4
8 4
9 5
10 5

Special Rules:
Chaos Mutation (Tier 3). Chaos Mutation (Tier 4). Plague.

<hr />

(Nuln Painblade (Sybarite) - Chaos)

A sybarite is a general term for describing one fond of pleasure and luxury but in this specific case it is the name of a Chaos Cult that worships Slaanesh. They aim to give pleasure and pain to as many people as possible, especially those from the upper and ruling classes. Slaanesh bestows his favour upon any who act on an interest for an art, whether the art is that of combat, of painting, of poetry or of passion. The favour of Slaanesh will aid the artist in creating, amplifying everything created to immeasurable levels, while at the same time corrupting them indescribably, such that any mortals who look on them are at once both entranced and terrified. Sybarites have the most followers in Nuln, Reikland. The Nuln Painblade is a specialised worshipper of Slaanesh that acts as an extrortionist, assassin and torturers. the Painblade is so called because they carry a sword that is infused with dark chaos magics that cause extreme pain both to the wielder as hie enemies. On top of that the Painblades love to inflict harm on themselves with ritual scarrification and piercing of limbs.
Attacks: 2
Gold (Each): 85

Enemy's WS To Hit Foe
1 2
2 3
3 4
4 4
5 4
6 4
7 5
8 5
9 5
10 6

Special Rules:
Assassinate 6+. Chaos Mutation (Tier 4). Tattoos 6+.

<hr />

I have plenty more custom monsters, if you want I can post all of them :)

Cutlass
04-12-2011, 15:36
I created these mutations, using The Tome of Corruption as a standard & converting those rules to WHQ.

100 mutations

01 Additional Eye
The Mutant has an extra eye, usually located on its torso.
+1 to any roll requiring vision but not to hit rolls.

02 Albino
Pale white skin and hair, red eyes. Bad constitution.
The Mutant has -1 Toughness.

03 Animal Hide
The Mutant has animal skin/fur in an unusual pattern and colour, zebra stripes, panther spots, etcÖ
No game effect, cosmetic Mutation.

04 Animalistic Legs
The Mutant has either birdlike, insectoÔd, canine or Beastman legs.
+1 Movement, Fear 2.

05 Beak
The Mutant has a sharp birdlike beak which it uses to eat its fallen foes.
Gives the Mutant one extra attack at -1 to hit & -2 damage

06 Bloodlust
The Mutant has an uncontrollable lust for blood, even that of its fellow creatures of evil.
Each turn roll a d6, on a 1 or 2 the mutant attacks the nearest, random target, even if its friendly.

07 Claws
The Mutant has long black, red or green claws.
+1 Damage.

08 Cloud of Flies
The Mutant is permanently surrounded by a cloud of malign flies that protects its host at all costs.
All opponents on the same board section have -1 to hit the mutant in melee combat.

09 Cyclops
The Mutant has a single large eye instead of two.
-2 on Ballistic Skill rolls, Fear 1.

10 Emaciated Appearence
The Mutant has a very frail, skeletal frame as the result of some strong chaotic sickness it somehow managed to survive.
- 2 Toughness, -1 Strength, Fear 1.

11 Eyestalks
The Mutantís eyes stand on long, fleshy stalks; making it able to see 360į around it.
+1 Initiative, Fear 1.

12 Fast
The Mutant moves with uncanny speed.
+1 Movement.

13 Featureless Face
Except for any possible other mutation the Mutantís Face is completely featureless.
Fear 1.

14 Froglike Eyes
The Mutant has large, bulging eyes on the side of his head, covered in slimy muckus.
Fear 1.

15 Grossly Fat
The Mutant has an extreme obese figure, flabs of bulging flesh droop from every limb.
Strength -1, +2 Wounds

16 Hopper
The Mutant has only one leg, forcing it to hop at a slow rate.
Halve Movement, rounded down.

17 Mechanoid Arm
One of the Mutant arms has been replaced by a warp-powered mechanoid version.
Strength +1, Fear 2

18 Rearranged Face
The Mutantís faical features switch places or are in unnatural places.
Fear 1.

19 Trail of Slime
The Mutant is a slithering, slimy, creepy crawly creature that invokes horror and disgust to all who look upon it.
-1 Weapon skill, -2 Movement, -1 Strength, Fear 3.

20 Wings
The mutant has feathered or batlike wings.
The mutant can fly and has Fear 1.

21 Alluring
The Mutant has a mesmerising aura that draws its enemies near while desorienting them at the same time.
Once per turn roll 2D6. If a twelve is rolled then one of the warriors is so taken with the mutant that he is lured (must move) towards the monster and has -1 to hit it.

22 Beast with a ThousandÖ
The mutant is covered with additional features, a thousand of them. Some common forms include: eyes, fingers, ears, mouths, etcÖ
Fear 3.

23 Blood Substitution: Tar
The Mutant has tar instead of blood.
When hit, the opponent must make an ini test 7+ or recieve a -2 penalty to movement for 1d6 turns, not cumulative.

24 Eyes All Over
Several eyes grow in numerous places all over the Mutantís body.
+1 to hit, Fear 2.

25 Cowardice
The Mutant is extremely nervous & skitterish and thus easy to rout.
Gains the Break special rule: At the end of each turn during which one or more Monsters with a Break Point were killed, roll 1D6 for each different type that took casualties. If the score is greater than or equal to the remaining number of that type of Monster, they break and run, vanishing into the shadows Ė remove them from the board. The Warriors do not get the Gold Value for any Monsters that run away, though they do get a Treasure card at the end of the combat, as usual.

26 Crown of Flesh
Tentacles, fingers or other fleshy appendages crown the Mutantís head.
Fear 1.

27 Dimensional Instability
On a round where this monster is hit and it deals no damage in return, roll a d6: on a 1 or 2 the monster is banished to the realm of chaos. Remove it from the board, The Warriors do not get the Gold Value for any Monsters that are banished, though they do get a Treasure card at the end of the combat, as usual.

28 Extra Joints
Extra elbows, knees or both make the Mutant able to perform unusual attacks.
+1 to hit.

29 Fangs
The Mutant has large fags growing out of its mouth which he uses to bite his enemies.
Grants an extra attack at +1 to hit and -2 damage, Fear 1.

30 Foul Stench
A disgusting, stinking odour surrounds the mutant, causing any non mutant near it to gag and vomit.
Any adjacent non mutant has a -1 to hit penalty

31 Headless
The Mutant has no head, all its facial features are located in his chest.
Fear 2.

32 Horns
Large Beastman horns flank the Mutantís head.
Add an extra attack at -1 to hit and -1 damage.

33 Hulking Brute
This Mutant is far larger and more powerful than any of its kind.
+1 Toughness & Strength, Fear 1.

34 Leathery Skin
The Skin of the Mutant is far tougher than normal skin, able to withstand the elements in the Chaos Wastes.
+1 Toughness

35 Long Legs
The legs of the Mutant are extremely long, making it move with huge strides.
+1 Movement, Fear 1.

36 Mindless
The Mutant has gone completely insane, its mind is so screwed that it feels nothing at all.
Unaffected by morale, fear, illusions and other psychological effects.

37 Scaly Skin
Snakelike Scales cover the Mutant from head to toe, giving it a menacing appearence and additional protection.
+1 Armour, Fear 2

38 Skullface
The Face of the Mutant appears a the skull of an undead, sometimes heavily deformed.
Fear 2.

39 Weakening Aura
A dark, reddish glow surrounds the Mutant, any enemy inside the glow feels it sapping his Strength.
All adjacent opponents do one less damage with weapons (exept black powder weapons).

40 Crystalline Body
The Mutant is made of living crystal, making it much hardier but also easy to shatter.
+3 Toughness, Halve Wounds, rounded down, Fear 2.

41 Bestial Appearance: Insect
The entire appearance of the Mutant is that of a horrible insectoÔd human.
Armour 1, Fear 4

42 Additional Arm
The Mutant has an extra arm.
+1 Attack, Fear 1.

43 Piercing Tongue
The Mutant has a lightning fast, stabbing tongue that is able to pierce metal.
Gains an additional attack at -2 strenght that ignores armour.

44 Blood Substitution: Excrement
The Mutant has liquid excrement instead of blood.
When the Mutant is hit, all adjacent foes must succeed in a toughness test 7+ or recieve a -1 Ws & bs penalty for 1d6 rounds (not cumulative).

45 Breathe Flames
The Mutant is able to spit fire.
One additional fire attack, uses bs to hit, deals 1d6+3 damage with no deductions for armour, fear 1,

46 Burning Body
The Mutant is always on fire, sometimes also accompanied by smoke.
Opponents have -1 to hit due to intense light & heat, fear 3

47 Chaos Organ
The Mutant has an cancerous Chaos Organ growing inside it that is infused with the power of the Warp.
+1 Toughness, +2 Wounds

48 Evil Eye
The Mutant posesses the power of the evil eye, it curses those it gazes upon with its baleful stare.
When the monster is placed on the board, choose a warrior at random. This warrior must succeed in a willpower test (7+) or recieves a -1 penalty to wounds permanently. This curse can be lifted in a settlement with a temple by donating 1d6x100 gold, fear 1, A warrior can only be affected once by the curse.

49 Large
The Mutant is unusually big, itís limbs far out of proportion.
+1 Strength & Toughness, Fear 2

50 Intelligent Cyst
A sentient Cyst grows on the Mutant, providing him with advice and insights.
-1 Toughness, +4 Wounds, Fear 2

51 Iron Hard Skin
Big, Chaotic iron plates are fused with the Mutantís skin.
+2 Armour, Fear 1

52 Levitation
The Mutantís feet never tough the earth, instead it hovers over the ground.
As Fly.

53 Long Spines
Long, barged spines cover the Mutant, causing painful stabs to all who come too near.
Each time the mutant is hit his attacker recieves 1 damage with no armour & Tougness modifiers, Fear 1

54 Radiant Skin
The Mutantís skin glows with unnatural light, confising enemies just enough for the Mutant to try and avoid blows.
The mutant gains Dodge 6+ or +1 if it had dodge already. Fear 1

55 Scorpion Tail
A large Scorpion stinger has grown on the back of this Mutant.
The Mutant has +1 Attack that counts as Poisonous, Fear 1
Poison: If a Warrior is reduced to 0 Wounds by a Poison attack his Strength is permanently reduced by -1 when he is healed to 1 or more Wounds. If a Warrior is reduced to 0 Strength he is killed and removed from play.

56 Skeletal
The Mutantís flesh peels from his bones, leaving sinews, organs and arteries bare.
-2 To hit and -1 Damage, Fear 5

57 Strong
The Mutant has overpowered muscles.
+1 Strength

58 Tentacle
The Mutant has an extra tentacle appendage that it uses to defend itself.
Gains Parry 6+ or +1 if it had Parry already. Fear 1

59 Vampirian Looks
The Mutant has very pale skin, a gaunt face with red, gleaming eyes, fangs and elongated fingernails.
Fear 2

60 Fiery Aura
A baleful, flaming aura surrounds the Mutant, burning any hero who comes too close.
Each adjacent warrior gets 1 unmodified fire damage each turn.

61 Bestial appearance: Bat
The Mutant has all the features of a bat, except the wings. Thanks to its ultrasonic ears it can react faster to incoming blows.
Dodge 6+ or +1 on the roll if the mutant has Dodge already., Fear 1

62 Bestial appearance: Wolf
The Mutant has a wolflike appearance, especially the large jaw & sharp teeth are of use to it.
If this monster hits with a roll of 6+ then it need not roll to hit again for the rest of this turn and the next turn.

63 Poisonous
The Mutant secretes a strong poison that it uses to smear on its weaponry.
If a Warrior is reduced to 0 Wounds by a Poison attack his Strength is permanently reduced by -1 when he is healed to 1 or more Wounds. If a Warrior is reduced to 0 Strength he is killed and removed from play.

64 Beweaponed Extremity
One of The Mutant arms is a twisted spur of sharp bone and hardened flesh.
The Mutant loses any armed with- rule it had. Attacks ignore all armour on a to hit roll of 6+, Fear 1

65 Blood Substitution: Maggots
Instead of flowing blood, the mutants arteries are filled with crawling and biting maggots.
When the Mutant is hit, the attacker must make an ini test 7+ or recieve a -2 penalty to hit until he removes the maggots, in addition the maggots deal 1 damage with no toughness or armour deductions at the end of each turn, The beasts can be removed by spendig a full action (no other attacks),

66 Blood Substitution: Wind
Instead of blood, the Mutant has tightly packed wind in its veins, as soon as heís wounded it escapes with a loud howling sound.
As long as there is a wounded Mutant on the board with this mutation any new monster appearing with the ambush special rule automatically suceeds in its ambush (the loud wind covers their approach). Furthermore if the monster is killed a gush of wind will extinguish the lantern on a roll of 6+

67 Centauroid
The bottom half of the Mutant has mutated into a quadrupled form, often the lower half is that of a horse, ox or boar.
+2 Toughness & Movement, Fear 2

68 Hideous Appearence
The Mutantís visage inspires madness, so abominable and vile are his looks.
Fear 5.

69 Hypnotic Gaze
One of the Mutantís eyes is completely white, looking upon it can leave the onlookers stupefied and unable to move.
Once per turn, target a random warrior who must succeed in a willpower test 7+ or be paralysed for 1 turn.

70 Irrational Hatred
The Mutant is totally crazy, it hates everything it encounters and has a serious agression problem.
Gains Frenzy 5+, or +1 on the roll if the mutant has Frenzy already.

71 Minor Magic Immunity
Due to too much exposure to the warp, minor spells have no effect.
The mutant is immune to all spell magic with power costs of 3 or less, blessings have full effect.

72 Magic Resistant Skin
The Mutantís skin is able to withstand large amounts of magical damage.
+2 Toughness versus magic damage from spells & blessings.

73 Mind Reader
For Some unknown reason the Mutant finds it easy to predict its enemies moves.
+1 Weapon Skill in Defence, The mutant gains Dodge 6+ or +1 if it had Dodge already.

74 Piercing Tentacle
The Mutant has an extra, tentacle -appendage, tipped with a sharp and hard spike. It uses the tentacle to diable its foes.
Grants an an additional attack at -2 to hit that does 1d6 damage with no modifier for Toughness.

75 Pincer Claw
One of the Mutants forearms is mutated into a pincer claw.
The mutant loses any armed with- rule and attacks with its claw at -1 to hit and +1d6 damage on a to hit roll of 6+. Fear 2

76 Spiked Tail
The Mutant has a big, spiked tail that it uses to knock down enemies.
+1 Attack, Knockdown on a to hit roll of 6+, Fear 1

77 Spit Acid
The Mutant is able to spew foth a toxic and corrosive liquid, ideal to soften up its foes.
Once per 2 turns the mutant can spit one ballistic attack that deals 5 Damage with no modifier for armour.

78 Temporal Instability
Due to its attunement to the warp the Mutant is drawn towards it, losing its grip with reality on a regular basis.
When the power phase is 6 roll a d6 on a roll of 3 or less the mutant dissapears, returning to the board at the next power phase of 6.

79 Unbelievable Tumor
A gigantic tumor grows out of the Mutant, almost dragging it down.
-1 Movement, +2 Wounds, Fear 3

80 Acidic Excretion
Several glands produce a nasty biting toxin that covers the Mutant skin and destroys any metal object it touches.
+1 Toughness, When the Mutant is hit, the attacker must make a Ini test (7+), if it fails his weapon is destroyed, does not affect magic items

81 Blood Substitution: Acid
Pure acid has replaced this Mutantís blood.
When the Mutant is hit, itís attacker recieves 1d6 damage with no armour deductions.

82 Additional Giant Pincer Claw
The Mutant has an extra arm that consists of a giant pincer claw.
One additional attack that deals +1d6 damage on a to hit roll of 4+

83 Corrosive Vomit
The Mutant has an uncontrollable urge to vomit, its puke is so toxic that it has corrosive properties.
Once every other turn the mutant can vomit, it hits automatically and deals 2d6 damage with no armour deductions, when the damage dice come up 12, the vomit destroys one randome piece of non-magical equipment. Fear 2

84 Electrical Touch
The entire Mutant is constantly charged on high voltage electricty.
Attacks by the monster are no longer reduced by armour

85 Flaming Skull Head
The head of the Mutant is a burning death head, it has specialised in head -butting its enemies.
Grants an additional attack at -2 to hit that deals Battle Level damage with no deductions at all, Fear 2

86 Inside Out
The Mutantís body and limbs are inside out.
-2 Toughness, Fear 8

87 Mechanoid Legs
The legs of the Mutant have been replaced by a warp -powerd mechanoid version.
Movement +2, Fear 2

88 Multiplication
The Mutant can split itself into two halves.
Place another miniature and halve both their wounds, rounded down. Fear 3

89 Poisonous Spike
A large and poisonous spike in the center of the Mutantís chest can be fired upon itís enemies, carrying a potent venom. Itís a one shot weapon.
When the monster is placed on the board it has one ballistic attack. If this attack deals damage, the warrior must roll a Toughness test 7+ or lose half his current life.

90 Pseudo Daemonhood
The Mutant looks like a small version of a Greater Chaos Daemon, looks can be decieving though.
Fear 5

91 Transparent Skin
The Skin of the Mutant is transparent, showing all of its internal organs, blood vessels, bones, etcÖ
Fear 3

92 Noxious Fumes
The Mutant constantly emits foul vapors and fumes thet burn the lungs of its enemies.
Each turn all warriors roll a toughness test 7+ or lose 2 Strength for 1 Turn

93 Spiked Appendage
A large, bony arm -like appendage grows out of the Mutantís side, itís topped with a clawlike, serrated spike.
One extra attack at -1 to hit and +2 damage, Fear 2

94 Unspeakable Horror
The Mutant has grossly mutated beyond recognition and invokes horror to all who behold it.
Fear 6

95 Pox Ridden: Grey Fevour
The Mutant is heavily diseased but quite immune to the sickness.
When a warrior is reduced to 0 wounds by the Mutant he contracts a virulent disease: Grey Fever.
As long as the Warrior has Grey Fever he is at -1 to hit and Strength. He can only get rid of it at a temple in a settlement (or a Priestess of Shallya) by paing 1d6 times 100 gold. Grey Fever is cumulative and deadly.

96 Paralising Gaze
The Mutantís eye is able to send a paralyzing beam to its enemies.
Once per turn the Mutant can paralise a warrior on a roll of 6+

97 Spoil Luck
The Mutant curses any foe near him with bad luck.
Warriors on the same board section cannot use luck.

98 Warptaint
Healing magic cast in the vicinity of the Mutant has less effect.
Any healing done by magical means on the same board section heal 1 wound less. Normal healing aids like bandages and provisions are unaffected.

99 Regenerating Scum
The Mutants wounds grow back together in a moments notice.
The Mutant has Regenerate 1 (heals 1d6 wounds at the start of the Monster Phase).

100 Blessing of Tzeentch
The mutant is now able to cast spells.
Take 1d6 random spells (pick chaos spells for monsters), the mutant is able to cast each once per dungeon.

Mr Feral
04-12-2011, 17:48
Woo, that's quite the list of mutations there.

Good work! :)

Ironmonger
06-12-2011, 05:19
Looking great, would love to hear how some of these monsters/mutations affect a game!

Daemonslave
06-12-2011, 16:45
I have plenty more custom monsters, if you want I can post all of them :)

Sure, would be nice to see. GW (and other companies) has produced loads of new monsters since WHQ was around. We'll have to make some rules for the newer stuff such as the Jabberslythe, Hell pit Abomination, or even skeleton surfers. :p

The mutations and cultist stuff looks good, will have to try them out in a game sometime - even if I don't use them (though saying that I probably will) I appreciate the effort gone into them. :)

Chickenbane
06-12-2011, 18:56
Love the intelligent cyst! Pure chaos.:yes:

Cutlass
07-12-2011, 08:09
Looking great, would love to hear how some of these monsters/mutations affect a game!

Thanks. I'm not quite sure what you mean by "how they affect the game". They are just like regular monsters. They've been play-tested and they're working fine.
Perhaps you mean the 'tier' references. Basically the random table is arranged from mundane mutations to powerful ones, dividing it by 5 gives you 5 tiers to pick from. You can use a d20 for randomness if you like.

As for the intelligent cyst (and all other mutations). I cannot claim it's invention as all of the mutations originally appeared in the Tome of Corruption for WFRPv.2. I only converted them to WHQ rules.

Here are some more monsters, chaos mages/ leaders for the cults mentioned above:

(Tzeentchian Alchymist (Cult o.t. Purple Hand) - Chaos)

The Purple Hand is the largest Chaos cult in The Empire and is dedicated to the Chaos God Tzeentch. They have 'cells' all over The Empire; cells are operational units whose sole purpose is to undermine the administration where they are based. This idea was taken from the highly organised crime syndicates of Sartosa by Purple Hand cultists who were most impressed by some of the crime lords' methods on that island. Middenheim has the largest concentration of Purple Hand operatives and it is there that the most important members of the Cult reside. The Purple Hand is one of the best organised Chaos cults in The Empire and has substantial funds and many prominent members within its ranks. The Tzeentchian Alchymist is not well vested in the workings of magic but dabbles with it none the less. Because these cultists lack the power and skills to use magic properly they try to emulate the effects by using chemical concoctions. Their heavy use of warpstone leaves most of them mutated as well.
Wounds: 10
Weapon Skill: 2
Toughness: 2 (3)
Initiative: 5
Gold (Each): 320

Enemy's WS To Hit Foe
1 3
2 4
3 4
4 4
5 5
6 5
7 6
8 6
9 6
10 6

Special Rules:
Chaos Mutation (Tier 1). Chaos Mutation (Tier 2). Chaos Mutation (Tier 5). Tzeentch Magic 1.

-----------------------------

(Crimson Skull Soldier (Cult of the Red Blade) - Chaos)

There are very few of Khorne's cults in the Empire as his worship is usually centred around the battlefields of the Chaos wastes where the aspects of the Blood God can be fully appreciated: frenzy, anger, rage, destruction, violence, and the spilling of blood. Even in the Empire, such things are difficult to do in a civilised country. However, the Red Blade hopes to change all this by recruiting as many cut-throats, thugs, murderers, anarchists, and generally any unpleasant people, into their ranks and then inflict as much widespread murder as possible in the name of Khorne. the verteran cultists are recruited from the ranks of soldiers & mercenaries who have proven their worth in battle. Crimson Skull Soldiers are ex- soldiers and mercenaries who carry out dangerous missions for the Cult often involving arson, sabotage and wanton destruction. They also guard the Cult of the Red Blade's inner chambers.
Move: 5
Initiative: 5
Gold (Each): 135

Enemy's WS To Hit Foe
1 2
2 3
3 3
4 4
5 4
6 4
7 4
8 4
9 5
10 5

Special Rules:
Armed with Hellblade. Chaos Mutation (Tier 2). Chaos Mutation (Tier 4). Ignore Pain 1.

-----------------------------

(Thaumaturgist of Decay (Follower ot Foetid Maw - Chaos)

The Foetid Maw was founded at the start of the Storm of Chaos when a young woman named Reilla joined up a band of mercenaries. The band broke & fled leaving her behind. A Chaos Warrior of Nurgle captured her and tortured her & expsed her to horrors best left unsaid for five days in a row. After that the warrior released her and commanded her to spread what she had learned. She tunred to Nurgle for comfort and the Lord of Decay provided her with followers who saw her as their saviour. They gave her the tilte The Foetid Maw. In time she was too hideous to behold and too ravaged to walk so her followers bore her in a closed Palanquin, carrying her from ruined village to ruined village. The Thaumatugists of Decay are the monks and priests of Nurgle and they spread not only the word. They disguise themselves as healers and miracle workers, promising greatness and life to the dying and the diseased. Ofcourse their healing miracles come at a terrible price.
Wounds: 9
Move: 3
Ballistic Skill: 6
Strength: 2
Toughness: 4
Gold (Each): 370

Enemy's WS To Hit Foe
1 2
2 3
3 4
4 4
5 4
6 4
7 5
8 5
9 5
10 6

Special Rules:
Chaos Mutation (Tier 1). Chaos Mutation (Tier 5). Diseased. Nurgle Magic 1.

------------------------------------

(Hedonist of Pleasure (Sybarite) - Chaos)

A sybarite is a general term for describing one fond of pleasure and luxury but in this specific case it is the name of a Chaos Cult that worships Slaanesh. They aim to give pleasure and pain to as many people as possible, especially those from the upper and ruling classes. Slaanesh bestows his favour upon any who act on an interest for an art, whether the art is that of combat, of painting, of poetry or of passion. The favour of Slaanesh will aid the artist in creating, amplifying everything created to immeasurable levels, while at the same time corrupting them indescribably, such that any mortals who look on them are at once both entranced and terrified. Sybarites have the most followers in Nuln, Reikland. The basic idea behind hedonistic thought is that pleasure is the only thing that is good for a person; indeed: the only good. These Chaos Cultists use powerful drugs to take advantage of their enemies and take great pleasure in causing them pain.
Gold (Each): 350

Enemy's WS To Hit Foe
1 2
2 3
3 4
4 4
5 4
6 4
7 5
8 5
9 5
10 6

Special Rules:
Aura of Slaanesh. Chaos Mutation (Tier 1). Chaos Mutation (Tier 2). Chaos Mutation (Tier 3). Slaanesh Magic 1.

Mr Feral
13-01-2012, 19:08
So, I was wondering considering the new Fimir models coming out of Warhammer Forge, does anyone have any rules for the older models at all?

Even a bit of background information on them would be cool too! (don't really know a thing about them, but they look interesting.) :)

Hellebore
14-01-2012, 06:21
Depends on how you want to represent them because the WF ones are a lot bigger than the old ones. The older ones had a size scale so the normal infantry were slightly bigger than a human whilst the nobles etc were ogreish.

A 3rd ed Shearl Fimir was M4 WS3 BS1 S4 T3 W2 I2 A1 Ld6 whilst a Fimm was M4 WS4 BS3 S4 T5 W2 I3 A2 Ld6.

The WF stats are more like the fimm for all of them and they're ogresized.

This is what the WFB 3rd ed book has to say about Fimir:

The Fimir haunt bogs, fens and desolate moorlands throughout the northen and western Old World. Their strongholds take the form of forbidding, craggy piles of rock, crudely built in the semblence of human castles. All Fimir settlements are wreathed in thick mist, a miasma which is magically generated by the Fimir in order to shield them from sunlight. Indeed, when forced to travel beyond their fortresses they surround themselves in enchanted mist moves with them.

The warriors of the Fimir, or Fimm, are a scourge to human settlements along the coast of the Old World. The Fimir are obliged to raid and carry off captives in order to perpetuate themselves, for there are no fertile Fimir females. All Fimir are the result of the union of Fimir and captive human women. In fact the only female Fimir are the Meargh, or witch-queens which rule their race. Witch-queens are powerful wizards, but hardly ever travel far from their fortresses. More commonly seen amongst Fimir raiding parties are the caste of wizards, the Dirach or demon-fiends. Raiding parties may also have a number of slaves or Shearl in attendence, although these are looked down upon by the warriors themselves. The Fimir are said to hold concourse with demons, and they are masters of demonist magic.

Physique. Fimir are humanoid creatures, slightly larger than human-sized, with great barrel-chests and powerful limbs. They have tails, the shape of which varies depending upon their social standing and age. Warriors have tails which end in clubs and maces, for example, whilst nobles have spiked or slashing tails. The demon-fiends differ from the others in having horns and smooth tails.

The witch-queens are rarely seen except when their home fortress is in danger. They are unique in that their heads are covered in lank hair, as well as being horned and smooth-tailed like the demon-fiends. All Fimir have only a single eye, judging distances by light intensity rather than bifocally. Skin colouring is light green to buff.

Hellebore

Mr Feral
19-01-2012, 14:01
Thanks a lot for that!

I imagine I am more of the Ogre-sized Fimir man in terms of how I envision them.

[ADDED]

Since there has been interest in my thread, I'm going to post my Zombie Pirate rules when I have finished updating them. I hope people will give them a read to help me iron out any miswording or inconsistencies! :)

Mr Feral
20-01-2012, 12:01
Double post I know, BUT I wanted to direct people's attention to my updated Zombie Pirates rules!

You can find the link HERE IN THE BIG LETTERS. (http://www.warseer.com/forums/showthread.php?272304-Zombie-Pirates-of-the-Vampire-Coast-rules-and-feedback&p=6042544&viewfull=1#post6042544) :)

Necanthrope
25-01-2012, 13:58
I had a look at this fellow earlier
http://www.games-workshop.com/gws/catalog/productDetail.jsp?catId=&prodId=prod1460043a
and though that without the rider it would make a good supernatural monster for warhammer quest.
Here are the stats I though it would have.

Move: 6
Wounds: 20
WS: 4
BS: 0
S: 5
T:5
I:2
A:2
armour:0
Damage: 1/2(5+)
Fly, Fear 6, Never pinned, Ambush.
Gold:650

what do you guys think?

Hellebore
25-01-2012, 23:04
What ambush level?

Seems alright, albiet imo a bit on the low side. The stats on the page are better (3 attacks, terror etc). i would think it would have more wounds than a troll at 30, especially as a troll has regenerate.

Hellebore

Chain
27-03-2015, 11:00
A suggestion for a high tier boss:

Special character dungeon boss:
Tier 11-12 or 13

Amon Chakai

Wounds: 85
M: 8
WS: 9
BS: A
S: 7
T: 7(14)
I: 9
A: 6
Gold: XXXX
Armor: 7
Damage: 6D6

Special rules:
Ambush, Magic A, Greater Daemon 13+; Chaos magic 6, Fly, Ignore blows 5+, ignore pain 7, large monster, magic source, 3x magic item, power of tzeentch

The hand of destiny:
One warrior is doomed by Amon, randomly decide which warrior is doomed, All close combat and range attacks hits the warrior automatically for the rest of the encounter.

All seeing Eye:
1 random Magical equipment Each warrior own lose all of it's magical powers for the rest of the dungeon and the next dungeon, any spellcaster among the party will also hawe a random spell effected.

He is based on the 5'th ed "Chaos Champions" character of the same name.(any suggestions for gold gain? A special character Lord of Change, I dropped the hates Nurgle part, but could be add if nurgle demons show up or a chance of hating the CW)