PDA

View Full Version : How do you make Marauders with Great Weapons?

Venerable_Bede
19-08-2010, 02:07
They don't come with this option in the box, right? What do you to make them?

AlphariusOmegon20
19-08-2010, 02:26
They don't come with this option in the box, right? What do you to make them?

I made mine by cutting the hammer and mace heads off of Warrior weapons and pinning them onto the hafts of the flails after I cut the heads off of those. I've seen people do the same thing using the Marauder hand weapons as their source for weapon heads also.

I only use them in my Khornate army. (MoT Marauders make more sense with Hand weapon/Shield and flails seem more Nurgle - y to me.)

I will say I'd like another weapon option that fits MoS Marauders without repeating the previous loadouts for the other marks. Maybe in the next book hopefully....

PurpleSun
19-08-2010, 02:34
It's all about the glue. An easy way to do it is by putting them together with the flails, then just cut out the chain and glue on the flail heads to the end of the flail shaft. It looks like they have big ole' two handed morning stars. Pretty easy to paint too. It is really important to use the right glue, I use plastic glue that melts the plastic so the bond is solid. I put a block of 50 of them together like this and they look sweet.

If you want something a little more Khorne fluffy, you could glue axe heads from the one handed axes to the end of the flail shaft, I made a couple like that just for variety and it works. Again, using plastic glue is important, otherwise you'll have a huge headache trying to get them to set with superglue and they might break off easy. Just take a look at all the Empire spearmen our there with all the spear heads broken off.

Korthos the all-seeing
19-08-2010, 22:46
yeah! they break easily!

DON'T BREAK, FREAKING SPEARMEN! ONE MORE TIME AND I'LL CHANGE YOU TO SWORDSMEN!!!
And i'll actually do!

PurpleSun
19-08-2010, 22:58
yeah! they break easily!

DON'T BREAK, FREAKING SPEARMEN! ONE MORE TIME AND I'LL CHANGE YOU TO SWORDSMEN!!!
And i'll actually do!

I just put together 40 state troops for my new Empire collection, and I purposefully made them swordsmen because I was tired of looking at all my buddies spearmen holding half sticks.

TheKingInYellow
19-08-2010, 23:52
I just used the flails. They are two handed, good enough.

SiNNiX
20-08-2010, 00:25
Empire shafts at half-mast. Nice.

As someone who will soon play a WOC army and use Marauders with great weapons, I think I'll try just taking the chain off and gluing the end to the shaft.

vorac
21-08-2010, 06:32
use the flails, but cut off the chains, then take all the single handed axes cut of all the axe heads and then cut one axe blade right where the blade would be forged on the shaft and glue it to another axe head creating a double bladed great axe, thats what i did a few years ago.

Avian
21-08-2010, 08:11
I used the 'urty ends of Chaos Warrior weapons pinned onto the flail hafts. It's a bit fiddly.

Zarryiosiad
21-08-2010, 09:04
I used the Chaos warrior halberd bits you can buy from Games Workshop, cut off the end, and put it on the flail's haft, and I also swapped the Marauder heads with Black Lotus heads from Maxmini. Pictures are in this thread:

http://www.warseer.com/forums/showthread.php?t=203769&highlight=Zarryiosiad

Good luck!

Zarryiosiad

CaptainFaramir
21-08-2010, 09:11
The metal marauders from the 5th Ed. with great weapons. Look on ebay. Or ask me nicely. I have 25 of them.