PDA

View Full Version : Games Workshop Terrain Piece

Sergeant Uriel Ventris
19-08-2010, 03:02
I have no idea where this question should go, but as it could involve 40K I'll drop it here.

I just bought an old foam-based piece of Citadel terrain that was called an STC Ruined Hab or something like that. I snagged it on eBay and I believe it was listed under Inquisitor. Does anyone know what I'm talking about? Was it originally made for 40K or Inquisitor?

MajorWesJanson
19-08-2010, 03:23
I think Inquisitor, 54mm scale is what it is meant for, but it works OK for 40K. I think one of my FLGS has a couple still on a shelf in the back, in bags. Kind of a rust red, right?

spaint2k
19-08-2010, 03:31
This piece, right? http://www.collecting-citadel-miniatures.com/wiki/index.php/Image:Inquisitor_54mm_STC_Colonial_Habitat.jpg

It's an Inquisitor piece, but in my opinion it works great for 40K too. It was released at a time when GW were releasing a number of foam pieces like the wrecked Chimera.

Sergeant Uriel Ventris
19-08-2010, 03:38
Yup, that's the one! Thanks for your help!

I have the wrecked Chimera piece, I base coated it and painted it up all nice. I was thinking about doing the same thing with this. It's strange because if you look at the picture that spaint2k so kindly posted a link to, you can see that inside there are a couple of the boxes that come in the 40K Barrels and Crates sprue thingy. Those are 28mm scale, not 54mm. But I believe you're right, and it'll work for either.

Do you guys know of any other scenery like this made by GW? I'm interested in collecting it, well, any that's worth it.

spaint2k
19-08-2010, 03:42
There was some kind of dwarf piece built into a hill and a graveyard if I recall correctly... At one point it looked like they were doing themed pieces for the WFB armies but I can't think of any others for 40K other than the chimera.

Sergeant Uriel Ventris
19-08-2010, 03:47
Yes, I have the Dwarf piece as well. It is pretty darn excellent. Haven't seen the graveyard before, though.

chromedog
19-08-2010, 07:35
There was a redoubt (fortified position for artillery) they did as well as a bunker for 40k scale. Although they were sold BY GW, I don't actually believe they were made BY them (and it's not like they haven't subcontracted stuff out to other manufacturers before).

The old "Weathertop" terrain piece was VERY similar to an old Ziterdes piece (and made from the same kind of "structure hardfoam" (polyurethane foam).

I wish I'd bought that inquisitor ruined hab piece back in the day. Still, it's not that difficult to copy from XPS foam and paint up (the ammo crates, parts of a Land Raider sponson and imperial Aquila are all from 40k scale stuff).