PDA

View Full Version : Your Favourite FW Space Marine Armour Type

Godzooky
20-08-2010, 13:21
Hi all,

Simple question. Which of the somewhat reimagined armour marks from Forgeworld do you like?

I'm drawn equally to Mks II & III personally.

RunepriestRidcully
20-08-2010, 13:44
I love the mks II and III, but the MkII edges just ahead of the MKIII, however, the MK4 used to be my favourite, but I am not to keen on the FW mk 4;s prefere the old metals, (still prefer the mk 3 there though as well) I am hoping that when they do Thousand Sons (they did beserkers and zombie marines) they base them on their MK II -III armour, also looking forward to when (hopefully) they do MK I armour, I can never get those big shoulder pads quite right.

Flame Boy
20-08-2010, 18:47
I prefer the Mk 3 for it's really heavy appearance, I'd love to make some Devastator marines using them, but reposing the arms with those overlapping armour plates would be a nightmare.

Col. Tartleton
21-08-2010, 01:34
They're all solid, but the problem is that the Preheresy Legions each seem to have used their own custom variants according to the art.

For example, the Luna Wolves seem to be using an entirely different mark of which appears to be none of them and even if its a mistake by the artist I like it more then any of them. Same with the thousand sons, and Death Guard, Space Wolves... they're all clearly supposed to be Mk IV and yet differences abound.

RunepriestRidcully
21-08-2010, 09:14
I always thought most of the Pre Heresy Thousand Sons images depicted them in someting that looked like it was based on mkII-III helmets.

nedius
21-08-2010, 10:33
Why miss out Mks I and VII? I know people for whom they are favouriate may be fewer, but they will still be some!

Bloodknight
21-08-2010, 10:49
3,6 and 7 are my favourites. I really hate MK8.

Godzooky
21-08-2010, 11:43
Why miss out Mks I and VII? I know people for whom they are favouriate may be fewer, but they will still be some!

Purely because I was just interested in people's thoughts on the new FW releases. Marks I & VII don't feature... yet. :)

nedius
21-08-2010, 14:47
Purely because I was just interested in people's thoughts on the new FW releases. Marks I & VII don't feature... yet. :)

D'oh! I retract what I now see as a very dopey question. I had never really picked up that all the Red Scorpian stuff was Mk IV... Goes to show...

Anyway, I will always have soft spots for Mk V and Mk VI.

Born Again
21-08-2010, 15:21
I like the II & III, probably as their so different to the standard Mk VII, which is really highlighted by the different backpack design, and I like the way they have a heavier look that reminds me more of medieval knight's armour.

scopedog91
21-08-2010, 15:23
Where is my MKI?
Seriously?

Deff Mekz
21-08-2010, 15:51
MK III by far, I love the full on heavy juggernaught feel of the armour. Top work FW!

Zanzibarthefirst
21-08-2010, 23:57
I really like the studded MKV though the MKIII is good. My only problem is how similar MKII and MKIII are

MajorWesJanson
22-08-2010, 00:48
Mark IV, especially the Assault marine version, and the Librarian suit of it for Red Scorpions.

Warmaster Bill
22-08-2010, 01:12
I like the MKIII out of all the one FW offers.

destroyerlord
22-08-2010, 05:28
Its MKIII for me, although MKII is very similar I just like the embellishments on the Iron armour more.
MKV is my favourite of the more modern style designs however. If I were to do a chaos army that wasn't Iron warriors that would be my armour of choice.
For loyalists I would choose MKIV or VI.

callsign-husker
22-08-2010, 06:53
Have always loved the MK IV.
Don't think mark 1 armour is likely: was primarily used to conquer Terra, all of the Space Marine Legions were initially equipped with Mark 2 and 3 armour at the Crusades outset, the Mark 3 is simply a reinforced Mark 2 intended for city fighting and boarding actions where the fighting was closer.

Garven Dreis
22-08-2010, 07:00
Mk. III, followed closely by Mk II and Mk V. I am getting some for Heresy-era Iron Warriors.

Stormfather
22-08-2010, 07:53
MkIII, I have a few on preorder to form my Black Templar Sword Bretheren. Oh, yes.

RunepriestRidcully
22-08-2010, 08:00
Have always loved the MK IV.
Don't think mark 1 armour is likely: was primarily used to conquer Terra, all of the Space Marine Legions were initially equipped with Mark 2 and 3 armour at the Crusades outset, the Mark 3 is simply a reinforced Mark 2 intended for city fighting and boarding actions where the fighting was closer.

But an Inquisitor may have some, and FW have been to known to do Inquisitors in the past, plus rules for doing war bands on Terra could be nice.

callsign-husker
22-08-2010, 09:06
The real beauty is that the armour can be mixed and matched to use the best elements of each

Wyrmwood
22-08-2010, 13:12
Edit: I see them now :)

Personally, it's either IV, V or VI for me. Though I like III and II. So...