PDA

View Full Version : New GUO is double the awesomeness!

BeatTheBeat
20-08-2010, 17:29
Not as much a rumour as just a fun thing - GW managed to screw up the GUO in their latest Daemons promo pic.

http://www.games-workshop.com/gws/content/blogPost.jsp?aId=12500043a

...or did they? ;)

Cheers,
BTB

edit: Not to mention the Bloodcrushers. But those just got new models... :D

solkan
20-08-2010, 17:34
Is there a miniatures version of Photoshop Disasters? :evilgrin:

jspyd3rx
20-08-2010, 17:34
What is GUO? Excuse the noobness please.

NixonAsADaemonPrince
20-08-2010, 17:35
They've been having a bit of trouble recently haven't they, the GW online team ;). Maybe they are new holographic models?

Nixon

Patriarch
20-08-2010, 17:35

Great Unclean One

Scryer in the Darkness
20-08-2010, 17:36
Not as much a rumour as just a fun thing - GW managed to screw up the GUO in their latest Daemons promo pic.

http://www.games-workshop.com/gws/content/blogPost.jsp?aId=12500043a

...or did they? ;)

Cheers,
BTB

edit: Not to mention the Bloodcrushers. But those just got new models... :D
Yes noticed that myself. A little bit quick with the photoshop chop-chop. :D Though I don't think this counts as news. ;)

=][= ORDERING EXTERMINATUS =][=

EDIT - Saved by being sucked through a passing worm hole into the daemon world that is General Discussion... :p

Arnizipal
20-08-2010, 17:36
Great Unclean One, the Nurgle Greater Daemon.

Vaiuri
20-08-2010, 17:37

Great Unclean One ;)
Edit: beaten to it!

Malorian
20-08-2010, 17:39
Very weird... I wonder what they were trying to cover up... :shifty:

theorox
20-08-2010, 17:40
Great Unclean One ;)
Edit: beaten to it!

Twice! :D

Theo

Scryer in the Darkness
20-08-2010, 18:03
Aaaaaand, it's been fixed. You neeever saw anything, you understand - it was just your mind playing tricks on you... triiiiicks on yoooouuu! :D

Ancre
20-08-2010, 18:06
So out of curiosity, what was wrong with the picture ?

Scryer in the Darkness
20-08-2010, 18:08
So out of curiosity, what was wrong with the picture ?

Compare, before/after:

NixonAsADaemonPrince
20-08-2010, 18:16
Maybe it was just Tzeentch messing with them and us? A portent of sudden duplicate creatures?

Nixon

Malorian
20-08-2010, 18:19
Using a ball of string and a spoon I have been able to figure out that it was photoshopped to cover...

Seriously? You thought I could figure that out with some string in a spoon?

You guys have waaay too much faith in me...

Heimagoblin
20-08-2010, 18:21
lol I was a believer!

RanaldLoec
20-08-2010, 18:39
Click on the original than onto the photo shop mistake, as you do make a farting noise and imagine what would happen to the greater unclean one, LOL

Hours of endless fun I could do that all night.

azhagmorglum
20-08-2010, 18:40
Does this mean that they make their pictures (promotional or just to show off a battlescene) using photoshop? i.e by copying and pasting miniatures on a miniature-less layout ? I guess for the superb battlescenes presented in the rulebook they may have (no way they have painted so much minis just for the sake of the picture), but for such a small display they do too?

Malorian
20-08-2010, 18:42
Does this mean that they make their pictures (promotional or just to show off a battlescene) using photoshop?

You would think that would be more time consuming than just actually setting up the models...

Scryer in the Darkness
20-08-2010, 18:49
You would think that would be more time consuming than just actually setting up the models...

They only have a limited number of models on hand in the Studio, so they do do it sometimes. e.g. when an article calls for three units of Chaos Marines, but they only have two, and I'm pretty sure they did it with the Spear of Sicarius product photo too. Sometimes for huge battles they rope in models from other stores, etc, but that is rare.

They don't shoot on a featureless background though. It's usually models on a battlefield which are then cloned and such. I'm not sure what they were trying to do in this case as it doesn't look like they were duplicating models as there's nowhere for the extras to "go".

Capardio
20-08-2010, 18:52
I also remember a photo in the old IG codex. There were as many models as would be in a whole regiment. It was easy to see though that they copied a company about a dozen times.

Scryer in the Darkness
20-08-2010, 18:53
See also this thread, although ignore the OP:

Does GW photoshop pics of their minis? (http://www.warseer.com/forums/showthread.php?t=243827)

Drakcore Bloodtear
20-08-2010, 19:39
Maybe the GUO's regeneration screwed up, and out came three heads!!!

SamVimes
20-08-2010, 19:49
I'm not sure what they were trying to do in this case as it doesn't look like they were duplicating models as there's nowhere for the extras to "go".

They were probably color correcting a selection or something similar, and then accidentally alt-moved the selection (It creates a double when you do that).

Scryer in the Darkness
20-08-2010, 19:51
They were probably color correcting a selection or something similar, and then accidentally alt-moved the selection (It creates a double when you do that).
Yeah that was my feeling too, that it felt like a slip rather than a WIP that got accidentally published (like it did with the Play Island Of Blood In Stores article).