PDA

View Full Version : Pre-heresy world-eaters

boogaloo
20-08-2010, 20:29
So I had an idea to do a world eaters unit, that may or may not turn in to a full army... I want imperial marines painted up in Pre-heresy WE Colours, then cover it up in a thin layer of red made to look like blood spatter, to make the world-eater red. Hopefully have the iconographoy JUST come through the red.

Question... what is the cheapest easiest way to get 8 imperial assault marines, with CCW/Pistols?

Lord Damocles
20-08-2010, 20:38
Question... what is the cheapest easiest way to get 8 imperial assault marines, with CCW/Pistols?
Ebay? Failing that two boxes of Assault Marines.

Of course then they'd have the wrong armour marks... and Jump Packs...

boogaloo
20-08-2010, 20:41
crap! I was afraid of that answer.

LonelyPath
20-08-2010, 20:52
The cheapest method would be to surf ebay or somewhere like Dark Sphere that offers a good discount for the marines and get the jump packs from GW Direct. To get the actual armour of the era however, you'd have to fall back on Forge Worlds new releases of SM in earlier marks of power armour.

boogaloo
20-08-2010, 21:45
well that's the thing... I don't want jump packs, and I don't care too much about the pre-heresy armour. It just doesn't make too much sense to me that a group of highly elite warriors focussed on killing in as bloody a fashion as possible decorate themselves with stuff other than blood, and entrails... WHy have ornate armour? you know? Keep it simple... keep it chapter specific (pre-heresy colours) because that was ingrained in to them before they went crazy, and keep it bloody! So just basic imperial marines will do... But they have to have CCW/Pistols. they really do.

Latro_
20-08-2010, 22:52
Now FW have the new old armour kits i'd save up for them.

Plus if they are PH, no reason they would not have bolters.

darkstar
20-08-2010, 23:58
Buy a box of beserkers, and cut their silly hat bits off.

boogaloo
21-08-2010, 01:35
Good call darkstar! Thanks for the response guys. I did end up picking up a pack of Imperial assult marines on the way home from work. I started assembling them, and will be painting them up shortly. I was thinking that if it it turns in to an army using honour guard or something as berserkers, and the marines as chaos marines with the MoK.

Gutted
21-08-2010, 13:27
You could just get tactical boxes and buy assault arms off a bitz store (or maybe the Black Templar sprue with some filing?), they should be cheap.

marakaelis
21-08-2010, 13:35
maxmini.eu has some good old school Jump Packs, that could go well with the berserkers.

http://www.maxmini.eu/store/images/jumppack.jpg

jsullivanlaw
27-08-2010, 20:36
So I had an idea to do a world eaters unit, that may or may not turn in to a full army... I want imperial marines painted up in Pre-heresy WE Colours, then cover it up in a thin layer of red made to look like blood spatter, to make the world-eater red. Hopefully have the iconographoy JUST come through the red.

The best way to do this would be to get Berserker models and file off the khorne symbols and excessive skulls. At the very least you should get Berserker heads and head swap your marines. The berserker models are pretty cool though, they are bigger and stronger than other marines and have very dynamic poses.

Leftenant Gashrog
28-08-2010, 01:22
To get the actual armour of the era however, you'd have to fall back on Forge Worlds new releases of SM in earlier marks of power armour.

Actually its not that hard to convert the plastic assault marines into Mk5 armour, which was what World Eaters were most associated before the current Khorne Berzerker box.