PDA

View Full Version : IA The Babab War; A new army for you?

Deff Mekz
21-08-2010, 19:34
Hey all, IA The Badab War has just being announced and it's got me thinking, how many people will jump on the bandwagon and start a Badab War themed force. If you are thinking of doing so post here or just discuss the Badab War in general. I personally am eying up a force of Excutioners as a possibilty, clad in midnight blue armour tipped with a green tinge to bring it up to date with modern paint schemes unless FW updates them themselves.

Vaz84
21-08-2010, 19:42
I'm already buying 2 heresey kits with phobos bolters to use as black legion veterans. I have heads from other FW models to keep the detail level high.

Im interested to get the new Huron too, I think this expansion will offer people full-body marines of outstanding detail, a thing many collectors would go for.

BrazenRogue
21-08-2010, 19:46
Well, I play the Corsairs and my regular opponent has just started Lamenters, so at this stage its probably a given...

That said, an Astral Claws force would be very tempting, as the modelling opportunities between the two armies would be great. I'm just hoping they update the Claw's colour scheme; I always did loathe the tiger stripes, and there's no way in hell I'd be able to paint them!

Fulgrim's Gimp
21-08-2010, 19:47
I'm looking at one of the cursed founding ones, so either Fire Hawks or Minotaurs. The 'possible' descent of them from World Eaters for the Minotaurs and their role in the war also attract me.

Deff Mekz
21-08-2010, 19:53
Oooh I'am excited now, dienekes96 has just confirmed many of the paint jobs are redone. Huzzah!

callsign-husker
21-08-2010, 20:02
oh hell yeah, give me some Fire Hawk pre-Legion Of The Damned goodness! :)

Sister_Sin
21-08-2010, 20:32
Salamanders, my largest army to this day. Loved the black and yellow scheme..still have RTB01s in that scheme.

I nearly made a Mantis Warriors army after that due to the Badab War background and images back then.

Even my Howling Griffons scouts had the 'pursuit' camouflage scheme on them. The Badab War influenced me pretty strongly.

I rather liked the old Tiger Claws...they'll always be the Tiger Claws to me.

Sister Sin

BrazenRogue
21-08-2010, 20:33
I honestly didn't think they'd touch it, the Claws being the iconic part of Badab and all. But right now I'm kinda praying for it...

And hot damn but those Honour Guard are lovely. Now to wait patiently on pics of Huron, who apparently might be getting *two* Forgeworld models. Eat that, Abbadon :D

BrazenRogue
21-08-2010, 20:35
And we have Huron, who apparently already had a fetish for lightning claws and heavy flamers...

Well, thats me sold :D Astral Claws, here I come...

And notice the lion shoulder pads? ;)

Sister_Sin
21-08-2010, 20:40
Damn! Huron is amazing! O_O Right up there with Zhufor from the looks of it, if not better.

I'm curious as to the 'tweaked' paint schemes, especially with the Salamanders and Howling Griffons. All of them really.

Very exciting!

Sister Sin

t-tauri
21-08-2010, 20:54
Please don't just repost the same comments from the News and rumour thread. I've removed a number of posts.

BrazenRogue
21-08-2010, 20:57
Time to beat my compatriots into collecting other Badab chapters, methinks. Then I can lead Huron to a glorious...

... defeat, actually. Dammit. But a defeat with style! Now I know I love the Astral Claws all over again, I'm curious as to the boarding actions. Specifically with regards to the terrain...

Sister_Sin
21-08-2010, 21:03
I might just have to revisit my Howling Griffons...and maybe even actually start a Mantis Warriors force.

If the Mantis Warriors are scout heavy that could be really interesting.

I think Boarding Action games could be really cool.

Sister Sin

BrazenRogue
21-08-2010, 21:08
I've always liked the idea of a scout heavy force, I'm just not a big fan of their heads. Of course, with FW releasing conversion kits left right and centre, some scout packs might not be too much to hope for...

Looks like the seminar has started. Its an hour long, so looks like we'll have more answers then!

callsign-husker
21-08-2010, 21:36
will be interesting to see if forgeworld release old school rhinos in the correct scale

Dio´Ra
21-08-2010, 21:55
Red scorpions, seeing how they are ahead of the other chapters with goodies and will be getting even more. I would just start a red scorpion army for that new librarian only :evilgrin:

SanguinaryDan
21-08-2010, 21:57
I'll be fascinated to see if they do resurrect any of the old camo paint jobs. When RT first came out I had red/orange marines in camo tanks. Makes me sad that I re-primed the last of my old mid 70s US Army camo scheme Rhinos only a year ago. :rolleyes:

That Character Sprue is pure sexy. I can see ordering 4-5 of those. And that Librarian! :cool: I hope all the little bugs are easy enough to remove without destroying too many details.

Goatboy
21-08-2010, 22:00
I'm thinking of a redemtion crusade force. With units from the Mantis warriors, Executioners, Lamenters and maybe the odd observer from some of the loyalist chapters.

Sgt John Keel
21-08-2010, 22:02
Lamenters feel interesting. Maybe I'll do a squad or so to accompany my BA in Apocalypse.

BrazenRogue
21-08-2010, 22:04
Word on the wire is that most of the crazy 'camo' schemes are getting replaced with more up to date, modern affairs. For the best in my eyes; they tended to range from damned hard to paint at best, and ugly as all hell at worst.

But I would like to see some sort of easter egg or the like referring to them. They might not be to majority tastes, but there are bound to be a few people who prefer them.

Sister_Sin
21-08-2010, 22:08
I dunno, the old Howling Griffon pursuit scheme was good..and that 'palm frond' Mantis Warrior cammo wasn't bad either.

Some of it was bizarre, true, but given some of the planetary environments they were envisioning, understandable. Some of them were hard to paint though, no doubt about it.

It will be interesting to see what new schemes they come up with.

Sister Sin

MOMUS
21-08-2010, 22:13
I have always wanted to see a force of Minotaurs, Space sharks would be great too.

Deff Mekz
21-08-2010, 22:16
Hmmm I've just had a great idea. Since the new Astral claws symbol is a lion rather than a tiger. I think I'll buy myself some new HE White Lions when they come out and get converting! Sternguard veterans with Lion cloaks will look mean!

BrazenRogue
21-08-2010, 22:54
I like the way you think...

Though so far, it looks more like a Lioness/Panther/big-cat-wot-don't-got-a-mane, rather than a full on lion. Still, I'm pretty sure those cloaks will look awesome on them, mane or otherwise...

And don't get me wrong, I really like some of those madcap colour schemes, and I'm hoping some of them get kept. But this way being a grade a painter isn't a prerequisite for taking part.

And some of them were awful. I'm looking at you, Astral Claws!

callsign-husker
21-08-2010, 23:30
didn't they already keep some of the old camo schemes in the Imperial Armour books? Pretty sure there's a Predator example in IA1 in an old Executioners camo scheme

Zanzibarthefirst
21-08-2010, 23:50
I already have a decent Salamander army but I coudl be tempted to start a small Astral Claws, Red Scorpion or Mantis Warrior army depending on what kind of stuff comes out for them. Saying that I'm still trying to build armies for all the different legions so Badab may have to go ont he back burners for a bit

BrazenRogue
21-08-2010, 23:51
Quite possibly, though Forgeworld has come a long way since IA1. Which kinda explains why they plan on updating it with pretty new pictures, I guess!

Mage
22-08-2010, 00:01
I think I'll go Mantis Warriors, always loved the odd mention of them in books, and always wanted to do them, its just I couldnt be bothered free handing the symbols. Better check the FW site, see if there is anything nice up.

There goes my next 3 months wages!!!

PS:

Woohooh! Badab War book!

Sister_Sin
22-08-2010, 00:08
If the Mantis Warriors are Scout heavy, I'll probably make a force of them. That would be something different from my Howling Griffons and Salamanders. If they are simply another Codex chapter then I don't know..I might have a go at one of the others. I'll have to wait and see what they come up with.

Sister Sin

BrazenRogue
22-08-2010, 00:14
Your next three months wages? Lucky you. Somehow I managed to convince myself that this would be a terrific time to quit my job and go back to university. What fantastic timing that has turned out to be...

Given the amount of Salamander armies that seem to be out there, shoulder pads for them are likely to be a licence to print money. I know its probably a long shot, but I'm still *really* hoping they do some Red Corsairs stuff too. I glued all my shoulder pads on loosely in the hope that GW would release some fancy ones, Forgeworld quality ones would be awesome!

Well, I got absolutely nothing done today. I should probably go correct that...

MajorWesJanson
22-08-2010, 00:44
Salamanders Brass Etch is ready. Decals and pads are all but confirmed.

I won't start a new army, but plan to buy kits to mix into my Chapter. Librarian and Honor Guard are all pretty easy to trim off scorpion insignia, barring a couple shoulder pads and one helmet.
The Pistols/Bionics upgrade are awesome, as it comes with a combi-flamer too. Should only be like 8-10 pounds, unless they add more to it. I plan to get 4-5 to mix in to my forces, making bionics a lot more common.

Sister_Sin
22-08-2010, 00:55
Yikes! I have basically the entire Salamanders Chapter..that's what I get for collecting for
more than 20 years. Now I might have to add to them. Is any army truly ever done?!? O_O

Sister Sin

BrazenRogue
22-08-2010, 01:13
Aye, that honour guard are rather likely to make it into my Claws army. A dead sexy unit, fair play...

And is an army ever done? No, not in my experience. I started with the Red Corsairs back when Huron had his first set of rules, complete with a converted Huron from Kharn the Betrayer. Then the previous Chaos codex came out, and despite a few reservations I picked up the army again.

And now Forgeworld is going to suck out my soul through my wallet with the same army, just with more expensive models and less spikes.

So nope, I wouldn't get your hopes up ;)

Grimbad
22-08-2010, 01:31
Probably a novamarines kill-team for boarding themed games. Their color scheme is fun.

Gutted
22-08-2010, 02:54
My Space Sharks army might get an update.

Melchiah
22-08-2010, 03:19
After seeing a number of Space Shark armies and the great fanfic codex on Bolter and Chainsword I had wanted to always to do one. By the time the FW IA comes out would be the time I set to start my army; even through i have a project started to brainstorm ideas. Time will tell if i stand by the Sharks as FW is set to change a number of things or if i just stick with the FanFic or just plain start a new army.

Mage
22-08-2010, 03:29
@BrazenRogue

It's not as impressive as it sounds. I'm bad with money. I probably wont be eating for said three months.

BrazenRogue
22-08-2010, 04:17
@BrazenRogue

It's not as impressive as it sounds. I'm bad with money. I probably wont be eating for said three months.

You get shiny new Forgeworld stuff and you get to lose weight? Some people... ;)

I feel your pain man. The bottom line is that I can't realistically afford a new Astral Claws army. I'm still going to have one though :D

Merus
22-08-2010, 04:17
I can see myself making up a decently sized Mantis Warrior force; that or Space Sharks.. I haven't quite decided yet. I cannot wait to get cracking with conversions after having seen some of the new FW goodies coming out along-side the book. It's an exciting time. The only thing that makes it even more enjoyable is all of the xeno players lamenting. "MARINES ON MARINES!? /head explode"

BrazenRogue
22-08-2010, 04:22
In all honesty, I feel for the Xenos players. Games Workshop does focus on Marines a hell of a lot, and it must be frustrating when when Forgeworld picks up the habit.

So maybe we should cut them some slack. You know what I mean; point and laugh, but behind their backs :D

Merus
22-08-2010, 04:26
In all honesty, I feel for the Xenos players. Games Workshop does focus on Marines a hell of a lot, and it must be frustrating when when Forgeworld picks up the habit.

So maybe we should cut them some slack. You know what I mean; point and laugh, but behind their backs :D

I have zero pity for them. FW pumps out Guard and Orks like it's going out of style. Loyalist Marine toys are pretty limited in comparison/quality.

I can attempt to keep my fist-pumping to a minimum in their presence if you like though. ;)

BrazenRogue
22-08-2010, 04:40
I do, because I like it when a thread keeps the angst to a minimum. I ain't the boss of you, though :P

Ork players have it pretty good - pretty fantastic, in fact, even with the basic GW stuff they have one of the best ranges out there. Not sure the Xenos players much care about the Guard, though. And the other species have next to nothing...

Aaaanyway, this thread is about Badab Chapters, not the pros and cons of collecting the Xenos. Even though I've no intention of personally collecting them, I'm really hoping the Lamenters get some shoulder pads. I know a few people who have wanted them for years, but have been put off by the chequered shoulder pads.

Well, that and the whole 'bleeding heart' thing. Nothing says genetically modified killing machine like a bleeding heart emblem...

Filthy O'Bedlam
22-08-2010, 04:46
I've already got a squad of Lamenters and a Squad of Mantis Warriors ready to go.

BrazenRogue
22-08-2010, 06:20
Here's a thought. Of all the Chapters that took part in the Badab War, virtually all of them are complete unknowns. Specifically, we don't even know the geneseed markers for most of them.

Do we think Forgeworld is going to pull a 'Uh, we kinda forgot' again? Avoid the question entirely? Or will we finally get to know which Primarch spawned these guys?

I know its always bugged me with the Corsairs...

*edit*

Aw, my 50th post! Only 950 more before people take me seriously :D

callsign-husker
22-08-2010, 06:36
A few of them are Cursed Founding chapters (notably the Fire Hawks) we'll never know who their geneseed comes from as it's both part of their background and part of their mysterious charm

BrazenRogue
22-08-2010, 06:50
That isn't a given; the Lamentors are a Cursed Founding, and we all know who spawned those guys. And I could have sworn the Fire Hawks (who went on to such wonderful things :D) were Ultramarine descendants. Not certain on that last, though.

But I wasn't really talking about the Cursed Founding bunch, they have a sort of built-in background. I was thinking more of the real unknowns. And specifically, the Astral Claws! Personally, I'm hoping for the Ultramarines. I hate the goodie two-shoes, and it'd be great if their precious geneseed was responsible for the most notorious renegade Chapter out there :D

Mage
22-08-2010, 06:55
That would be pretty awesome, and odds are they probably were since they are the majority seed for most of the current astartes chapters.

BrazenRogue
22-08-2010, 07:00
From the Ultima Segmentum, too. Which always made me wonder what the Boys in Blue were playing at during the Uprising...

callsign-husker
22-08-2010, 07:15
The Ultima Segmentum is a pretty big area, plus you know they were real busy that century doing....or with you know...stuff and that thing with the doo dah...and they had a note from their apothecary so quit it with the accusations... :shifty:

Souleater
22-08-2010, 07:16
Nah, this does nothing for me at all.

Oh, Huron's shoulder pad piques my interest. If FW throw out more Lion/Tiger bits. My cash is going to the Dark Eldar and at the moment I'm slowly working o my Nids. So I really couldn't care about yet more Space Marine vs Space Marine action.

It's good that other people are pleased with them. It is nice to see FW work on some 'old fluff'. That's kind of cool. :)

The Space Shark name I think is more to do with the alliteration aspect which always sounds rather childlike IMO. OTOH put next to chapters called the Space Wolves or the Celestial Lions I think this is forgiveable.

I have zero pity for [Xenos]. FW pumps out Guard and Orks like it's going out of style. Loyalist Marine toys are pretty limited in comparison/quality.

Yeah, I think it sucks the way GW treats the loyalist SM players. :rolleyes:

Orcboy_Phil
22-08-2010, 09:11
Since I already have a space shark army I won't be starting a new one.

Merus
22-08-2010, 09:15

Games Workshop =/= Forge World.

This right here is mainly why I felt no pity in the first place. My eyes rolled into the back of my head after reading forty different posts all repeating the same line of "Games Workshop gives into their favorites again!" "Blatant favoritism GW!" on Dakka-dakka.

Regardless, Brazen had it right by trying to avoid drama. I'd prefer the thread not get derailed. :)

callsign-husker
22-08-2010, 09:19
didn't GW give loyalist Space Marines one of the biggest codices going?? I'm collecting them and really have to say i feel hard done by! :rolleyes:

metro_gnome
22-08-2010, 10:20
to be honest I'm rotted...
I only started painting my chapter in January... and I was so close to choosing Space Sharks...
and not only does Forgeworld go and do an expansion that includes my second choice...
GW goes and destroys my chapters home world in the tyranid book in March... rotted...

I dunno... I'm not sure I want to do another loyalist army...
unless its hugely different... and none of these guys are all that different...
I'm not sure what Mantis Warriors have to with excessive scouts...
I thought they had a tunnel vision Death Company type unit...
but I may give that a look... I've become interested in scouts lately...
other than that Red Cosairs seems like a good way to wade into Chaos Marines...
I'd be super interested in Lamenters if they weren't yellow... the most sunshiney emo kidz ever...

Damien 1427
22-08-2010, 10:51
I have zero pity for them. FW pumps out Guard and Orks like it's going out of style. Loyalist Marine toys are pretty limited in comparison/quality.

Guard, well, yes, it's a Tread-Head company, run by tread-heads. As for orks... they have three pages. If we're going by sheer number of items, Loyalists have more kits (Discounting chapter-specific Thunderhawks and Land Raiders, as they're the same kit with different doors, which can be bought seperately), and whilst I'll grant you a fair number of it is made up of chapter-specific conversion kits, that's still more than my Bad Moonz ever got. It's not like Loyalists need Forge World to churn out tanks for you, you've already got them in plastic. :p

But I digress.

I'd be tempted to do a Space Shark list, as the scheme is nice and clean, and what's not to love about the name? But since they're getting a massive dose of retcon, because somehow the name is far more silly than "Ultramarines" or "Space Wolves", I may not bother.

BrazenRogue
22-08-2010, 11:49
Nah, this does nothing for me at all.

Oh, Huron's shoulder pad piques my interest. If FW throw out more Lion/Tiger bits. My cash is going to the Dark Eldar and at the moment I'm slowly working o my Nids. So I really couldn't care about yet more Space Marine vs Space Marine action.

It's good that other people are pleased with them. It is nice to see FW work on some 'old fluff'. That's kind of cool. :)

The Space Shark name I think is more to do with the alliteration aspect which always sounds rather childlike IMO. OTOH put next to chapters called the Space Wolves or the Celestial Lions I think this is forgiveable.

Funny you should mention Celestial Lions and Huron's pads. If FW release an Astral Claws pack with similar shoulder pads, I think there could be a lot of happy Lions players*....

@ MetroGnome

If your looking at this as an excuse to branch into Chaos, but aren't entirely certain about the Corsairs, don't be afraid of going for some alternate history stuff. What if the Mantis Warriors or one of the other renegade chapters had refused to repent, vanished off into the Maelstrom with the Claws and then went their separate ways?

Heck, if you like the Lamentors but don't like the colours, dirty up the yellow, throw in some pustules and dedicate 'em to Nurgle; he'll ooze the emo right out of 'em. Some of the funkiest armies I've ever seen have been the ones that have branched away from the main fluff at some point.

I have a question for people. Assuming the new Astral Claws colour scheme is indeed what we've seen with the Caestus - which certainly looks to be the case - what do we think? My first thought was that it was blue and silver, with the silver rendered in NMM. Now I'm not so sure, and I think it may be grey. Are there any better eyes than mine who care to have a better look?

Gotta be honest, even if it is grey I might be tempted to go silver anyway...

* Well, maybe not a lot. I've never actually seen a CL army on anything other than the net!

Sister_Sin
22-08-2010, 12:31
@ Brazenrogue: True, although there's the comments concerning Eldar in a book next year. Eldar, Dark Eldar, and Necrons could certainly use some work.

Still...Badab War. I mean..iconic game history...and the quality of those miniatures. *whistles* If nothing else I'll have the books and brass etchings for my Salamanders. I highly doubt I'll be able to stop there.

"Into the Fires of Battle, unto the Anvil of War!"

Sister Sin

Dr.Clock
22-08-2010, 12:32
Salamander's Brass Etch? Sign me up...

Also very much interested in the scout-heavy rules for Mantis Warriors for a 'counts-as' for my DIY - I have wanted to run a scout-heavy force for ages but the rules are not very forgiving... may be time to dust off the snipers again...

Cheers,

The Good Doctor

Souleater
22-08-2010, 12:49
@ Merus: I was actually commenting on the idea that loyalist marines are poorly supported. I wasn't whining that SM were being given more toys.

I draw your attention to the first part of my post where I was supportive of the book's general content and that I was happy others were excited by it. This was not sarcasm - I am genuinely pleased that people excited about this 'old school' stuff. :)

Born Again
22-08-2010, 13:31
Depending on how different any lists and rules are from standard CSM's, I'll either just be adding on to my existing Red Corsair army, or doing a whole separate Astral Claws force from before they fled to the Maelstrom.

Deff Mekz
22-08-2010, 13:31
Going on the fluff the 9 chapters in the first book will be;

Traitors: Astral Claws, Excuitioners, Mantis Warriors and The Lamenters

Loyalists: Fire Hawks, Marines Errant, Red Scorpions (Suprise!), Minotaurs, Novamarines/Howling Griffons. (I think we'll have a change in fluff here, as the total number of chapters wont work as some chapters joined the war at the same time ie; Novamarine/Howling Griffons)

So if the rumours are true about shoulder pads, I'll definatley get some for my AC, my main wish for them is that they have Lion heads like Huron's on the shoulder pads.

Anyways that settles it for me I'm doing Astral Claws entirely in PH armour. (wallet dies at the thought) I think it's going to be a slow project though and I'm going to have to get some of y gaming group involved.

So AC it is!

Erwos
22-08-2010, 17:39
Do I believe a bunch of people are going to start a new army? Yes.

Do I think most of them are going to finish in any meaningful fashion? No. A couple squads of pre-Heresy marines, and most people will get wallet fatigue.

Killgore
22-08-2010, 17:46
How cruel of FW, Im so close to finishing the first wave of my Black Templars Crusade and they go drop this wonderful sounding book on us.

The idea of Loyalist fighting loyalist really appeals, but im going to hold back my support for one chapter over another untill I get a chance to read the new book and get a feel of the colour schemes and backstory.

Sister_Sin
22-08-2010, 17:55
I'll just tweak up my Salamanders army. I don't really need new figures. If I can afford it and I like the way the Mantis Warriors are sorted out, I'll do up a small army of those too.

Either way, I get the books.

Sister Sin

Merus
22-08-2010, 18:11
Either way, I get the books.

Oh, definitely. I plan on getting the books regardless of if I move forward with an army purchase - the Badab War is one of the more interesting fluff events for me.

I am pretty much sold on the Shark or Mantis though. I've wanted to start another loyalist Marine force for a while now, but have wanted to do a more "unique" chapter. I currently have large forces of White Consuls and Dark Angels; and would like a project that isn't quite as well-known.

I do find it a little funny though that their name is apparently being altered. In a game where we have Space Wolves and Rainbow Warriors - how is Space Sharks "silly"? :p

MistaGav
22-08-2010, 19:06
I don't have the money to be investing in an entirely new army and book but the models do look tempting to buy as one offs or to add even if I do paint them as Dark Angels.

Oooo maybe I could do pre-heresy DA with the black armour ;)

Wyrmwood
22-08-2010, 19:16
Many years ago, I had considered the Executioners and the Red Scorpions - I for one, really like the blue/white and the red/black camouflage patterns (I've forgotten the name of it) as well as the 'Pursuit' pattern. This may be the first Imperial Armour book that I shell out for! Vraks and the Tyranid one were all well and good, but with three parts to Vraks... Too much money; besides, I look forward to a Dark/Eldar, Necron or Inquisition one! :)

Erwos
22-08-2010, 19:49
I don't even get what the "pre-heresy" fascination is, honestly. Undoubtedly, some current chapters (and Chaos warbands!) are still fielding old Mk I and Mk II suits just because they never toss anything out...

Scryer in the Darkness
22-08-2010, 20:52
Besides the ye olde Tiger Claws camo design, is there an official pre Red Corsairs Astral Claws colour scheme mentioned/pictured anywhere?

Damien 1427
22-08-2010, 21:04
I don't even get what the "pre-heresy" fascination is, honestly. Undoubtedly, some current chapters (and Chaos warbands!) are still fielding old Mk I and Mk II suits just because they never toss anything out...

I doubt any of them are still wearing Mark One (http://wh40k.lexicanum.com/wiki/Power_Armour#Mark_1_.22Thunder_Armour.22). It was only really useful on Terra, and by the time the Crusade proper started, they had Mark Two.

Scryer in the Darkness
22-08-2010, 21:08
I doubt any of them are still wearing Mark One (http://wh40k.lexicanum.com/wiki/Power_Armour#Mark_1_.22Thunder_Armour.22). It was only really useful on Terra, and by the time the Crusade proper started, they had Mark Two.

Worn for ceremonial purposes perhaps, but certainly not taken into battle.

Scribe of Khorne
22-08-2010, 21:16
Honestly it does nothing for me. Maybe I just dont know the details of the story enough to think that the Badab War is interesting, but something that at a high level is just marine vs marine, really seems dull.

I will be mixing some of the new armour sets into my Worldeaters, so thats great and all, but as for the theme of the book and a new army, nah.

Mage
22-08-2010, 21:51
Marine versus marine dull? The Horus Heresy is the driving story to the entire setting. IF the Heresy didn't happen, there would be no xenos left, or war, just human dominance.

252nd Fire Dragoon
22-08-2010, 22:01
Aloha,
im excited theyre doing 9 different space marines in the first part alone.. soon we will see the space sharks :p.

Aegius
22-08-2010, 22:28
I think I'm doing the same as a lot of other people. I'm probably going to be picking up the books, but I won't be starting a new army. The fantastic alternative armour marks are too good to pass up though, so I'll be mixing them into my current marine army.

Scribe of Khorne
22-08-2010, 23:54
Marine versus marine dull? The Horus Heresy is the driving story to the entire setting. IF the Heresy didn't happen, there would be no xenos left, or war, just human dominance.

The HH is not Marine vs Marine though is it?

Its:

Loyalist Marines
Chaos Marines and Daemons (by the time they hit Terra they are fully involved with Chaos)
Titans vs Traitor Titans
Admech vs Dark Mechanicus

And most critically, its Primarchs, and the Emperor.

If you think thats 'marines vs marines' like the Badab war, then I guess I am missing out on the finer details of the Badab war...:p

x-esiv-4c
23-08-2010, 00:02
Wooohoo! More power armour!...

Merus
23-08-2010, 00:17
What makes the Badab War interesting is that it's a moment where loyalist Marines face off against the Imperium because they're tricked into doing so by Huron, who is obviously a "bad guy".

It isn't something as simple as "lewl mahreenz vs mahreenz". There is a pretty rich story to the Badab War. I'm overjoyed that they're going to focus two IA books on it.

However, I'm not going to try and twist your arm Scribe - maybe it isn't for you.

Any Marine player can at least appreciate the new modeling opportunities, regardless. :D

Sister_Sin
23-08-2010, 00:23
The Marines under Horus were still Marines, despite being fully involved with Chaos..and the World Eaters still thought of themselves as a First Founding Chapter, that's been in the background for a loooong time. So yeah, it was Marine vs Marine with..spices added. ;)

The Badab War is interesting because Huron ostensibly rebelled when Imperial Forces were sent to retrieve tardy geneseed samples..and Huron couched it as an attack on Adeptus Astartes autonomy..which is what drew in the Mantis Warriors, Executioners, and Lamenters..which is presumably why they were pardoned afterward pending a crusade to absolve themselves.

It is that rich background that makes it such a fascination for some of us.

And a lot of us have one or more of the Chapters involved..good to see some more background bought to life. As Merus says, however, it is probably not all that exciting to everyone.

I may have to pick up Huron and some of the other Marks of armor just to mix them in as others are planning.

Sister Sin

Mage
23-08-2010, 01:04
@ Scribe of Khorne

Okay, you got me on that. HH is the deluxe model, Badab War, not so much. I still think its intersting, being the most modern major marine conflict. It seems easier to relate to. To me at least.

Sgt John Keel
23-08-2010, 03:26

Its:

Loyalist Marines
Chaos Marines and Daemons (by the time they hit Terra they are fully involved with Chaos)
Titans vs Traitor Titans

If you think thats 'marines vs marines' like the Badab war, then I guess I am missing out on the finer details of the Badab war...:p

Outrageous, the most critical asset in the HH was obviously the Imperial Army!

Anyway, shouldn't Badab have some sort of PDF?

Jackmojo
23-08-2010, 04:20

The only large presentation we ever had of it game wise was first edition Space Marine (a.k.a. Epic 40k) and I kind of think the name says it all there...

As to the OP, I was already considering repurposing my old Blood Angels as Exorcists who at least in the old fluff were one of the chapters to show up near the end of the campaign and aided in the siege of Badab.

Should be interesting to see what they finally do with a Chapter with an odd background like the Exorcists.

Jack

metro_gnome
23-08-2010, 08:26
Heck, if you like the Lamentors but don't like the colours, dirty up the yellow, throw in some pustules and dedicate 'em to Nurgle; he'll ooze the emo right out of 'em. Some of the funkiest armies I've ever seen have been the ones that have branched away from the main fluff at some point.
hmmm... I like this idea... has some potential...
maybe do up a Bile list of the failed attempts to cure the Red Thirst/Black Rage...

also I forgot about Exorcists...
might be an interesting chapter to look into with new grey knight rules on the way...

decisions decisions...

The Marshel
23-08-2010, 08:59
tempted by a rad corsair and astral claws force (would be interesting to match up the two armies with different allegiances) but there are other things on the horizon also temping me

Zweischneid
23-08-2010, 09:03

Its:

Loyalist Marines
Titans vs Traitor Titans

Loyalist Marines vs. Chaos Marines is still only Marines vs. Marines.

Daemons were negligble the the stories, as were Titans, Admech or anything else. The HH story revolves at its core around power-armourd guys fighting it out.l

Primarchs and Emperor are just fictional figures of the universe that exemplify the conflict. They are not fundamentally different to ... say... Lugft Huron. Those are just names attached to the protagonists/antagonists that drive the conflict. If you prefer the former over the latter, that's personal preference, but not a difference in kind.

The Badab War is essentially the "war of brothers" theme of the HH on a smaller scale. The benefit of the smaller scale is that it's actually more accessible to the table-top as the HH is just so over the top ridiculous that its borderline pointless as background to table-top wargame.

Not that I'd not care to see a creative take to bring Horus, Sanguinius, the Emperor and all that to the table, but it'd likely strain the game more than it would benefit it. And so long as it remains off the table, the Horus Heresy is largely wasted paper as far as the wargame goes.

Whitehorn
23-08-2010, 09:06
Hey all, IA The Badab War has just being announced and it's got me thinking, how many people will jump on the bandwagon and start a Badab War themed force. If you are thinking of doing so post here or just discuss the Badab War in general. I personally am eying up a force of Excutioners as a possibilty, clad in midnight blue armour tipped with a green tinge to bring it up to date with modern paint schemes unless FW updates them themselves.

My first army was Tiger Claws (which were retconned to Astral Claws). I threw in some Mantis Warriors and Lamenters for a Red Corsair party.

While I love that GW are doing the Badab War, it's a killer on imagination. I like unknown details as they give you some freedom to be creative. By making and selling exact products, the magic is gone for me.

That said, I will be getting most of the lovely new models are cutting them into something else, as ever.

laudarkul
23-08-2010, 12:51
After I read both of them, I'll decide.Depending on the "money problem", next year I'll want to start finally a SM army. I have to decide well what to choose ('till now the main contenders are Soul Drinkers and Raven Guard and it seems that a loyalist SM chapter from Badab War will be also). Since I intend (by buying small batches of models) to have also a DE army (the only "bad army/race" from 40k Universe which I want it), the SM would be opposite from the playing game style point of view.
Right now I'm waiting for the books.

McLucien18
23-08-2010, 12:57
I'm sorely tempted by starting some Marines Errant. I like the way that their base gets obliterated and lose most of their resources and gene seed towards the end...gives them a kind of desperate nature..

But I will wait for the books before I decide.

Lucien

Petay1985
23-08-2010, 13:00
I intend to add to my current Red Scorpions force with alot of the new forgeworld goodies. Notably Chief Librarian Sevrin Loth, varius marks of armour and anything else we get thrown our way really...

Leftenant Gashrog
23-08-2010, 13:59
I like unknown details as they give you some freedom to be creative. By making and selling exact products, the magic is gone for me.

For me it depends how exact they make it - I certainly don't want a day-by-day account of where every squad fought and their exact makeup, but I do like to know what chapters faced off against each other and where - the existing Badab fluff is a little thin on the ground for me, if I've got to make up 90% of the background myself I'd rather go 100% and make up my own chapters too.

Scribe of Khorne
23-08-2010, 16:24
Stuff that is again the polar opposite of my views.

If you think that on anything but the most basic level (Emperor and Huron are both just characters) that the Emperor/Primarchs are the same as Huron, then I guess there is no point to debating what will be off topic anyway.

I would make a poll but I am pretty sure on the results, the HH is nothing like the Badab war other then at a most superficial level. If FW came out with a series of HH books, I am 100% certain they would sell twice as much as the Badab books will, if not more.

I am glad they are making the Badab books, and I am sure a lot of people will enjoy them and the background they contain (note that is the point of these books in a lot of ways Zweschneid to detail the backstory of 40K, well and to push minis.. :p) but to compare it to the HH in anything but the most general 'brother vs brother' terms is misleading imo.

Johnmclane
23-08-2010, 18:12
what will the astral claws have for colour scheme?

MegaPope
23-08-2010, 19:19
I'm very pleased to hear about this. The Badab War is one of the seminal bits of 40K background...it was one of the first attempts made to delve into the background of the Space Marines in any detail. I know that seems a bit passe now with apparent SM overload, but at the time it was wonderfully innovative.

Badab has always seemed to me to be a sort of 'transition' event between the older, crusading-style Imperium and the more modern, regulated and bureaucratic structure. Even the weaponry seems to reflect this idea - the last of the old Heresy and post-Heresy equipment mixing with the first of the more 'modern' pattern weapon systems. If the Heresy is WWII, then Badab I think is best seen as Korea.

It will also be cool to see Huron for what he actually is again...not some Chaos-devoted fanatic, but a fearsomely proud and egomaniacal man who rebelled against his masters because he thought they were cramping his style. Probably, placed at the head of a crusading, aggressive force, Lufgt Huron would've been an exemplary commander and hero of the Imperium. Or at the very least, they should've packed him off to be a Rogue Trader. But dumped in an unfashionable backwater posting like Badab? More a disaster waiting to happen :D

But anyway, yeah...Huron will now be what he should've been from the start - a rogue Chapter Master leading a wayward - but essentially modern - force of Space Marines. Will I do an army? Unlikely given the state of my finances :D but if I could...it'd be Astral Claws all the way ;)

TheMav80
23-08-2010, 19:54
I might actually be tempted to buy an IA book for the first time. Even if I don't I really really want some of those Heresy era armours.

Five of them is actually cheaper than a Sternguard box and I am currently putting together a Space Marine force from a bunch of Chaos and Loyalist pieces I have inherited from friends who left the hobby.

BrazenRogue
23-08-2010, 20:50
Besides the ye olde Tiger Claws camo design, is there an official pre Red Corsairs Astral Claws colour scheme mentioned/pictured anywhere?

Just got in after a hefty camping and drinking session, so I'm gonna drop out of this conversation until Warseer stops hurting my eyes. But had a very interesting email waiting for me.

I can in fact now confirm that the Caestus Assault Ram is painted in the colours of the Astral Claws :)

Melchiah
23-08-2010, 21:15
I was thinking; that with all the comments about the changes to the Sharks, when is the last time FW screwed something up?

Scribe of Khorne
23-08-2010, 21:20
I love pretty much all the Khorne related FW stuff, and would gladly spend hundreds of more dollars there if it wouldnt lead to my death at the hands of my wife. :D

I cant see them screwing up the Sharks.

252nd Fire Dragoon
24-08-2010, 00:13
Aloha,
the Astral Claw paint scheme is blue and white if I remember correctly.

Sister_Sin
24-08-2010, 00:17
It is now I guess. I rather liked the tiger stripe scheme with the tiger's head badge. In fact, I preferred the name 'Tiger Claws'. I know, I know, I'm in a minority here, but I'm an ancient player so set in my ways. ;)

I liked the Rainbow Warriors too; it's good enough for the UH Football team...or was.

Old and set in my ways, yep. ;)

Sister Sin

Merus
24-08-2010, 01:47
I'm disappointed they're changing the color scheme as well.

The reverse-tiger / jagged-scar design looked good to me. It along with the Executioners was two of the more unique schemes in 40K.

BrazenRogue
24-08-2010, 02:42
See, I always thought it looked tacky, and I'm a long time Red Corsairs fan. Really can't stand it.

But hey, that's just down to personal taste. There's nothing stopping a fan of the old colour scheme from painting them up like that; heck, even I would actually like to see Huron's sexy new model painted in the old colours. I just don't want my one painted like it!

One thing that stuck me regarding the new colours is that it might well result in more sales; I don't just dislike the old look, I certainly couldn't paint it even if I wanted to. The old Claws and Minotaurs (who are now going to gold, I hear) and so forth are going to be a massive turn off for anyone who isn't an awesome painter.

Ultimately though, I just don't see it as anything to froth over; paint them how you like.

ilikebmxbikes
24-08-2010, 02:51
i am definatly going to build an army from the campaign. i am waiting for the books to see the new color schemes and the different armies involvements before i begin one. I would like a force that is involved throughout the entire conflict.

Sister_Sin
24-08-2010, 03:00
I'm not building Astral Claws. No frothing in these parts. I once had a couple of squads of Tiger Claws though. Wasn't that hard. I tried some Minotaurs..they weren't too bad..but it took so much time to paint them I never got beyond a half squad of them. O-o

Now Mantis Warriors...that old camouflage paint scheme...that was simply excellent. I really do hope they work them up in an interesting way...give me an excuse to collect them.

Sister Sin

Merus
24-08-2010, 03:08
Ultimately though, I just don't see it as anything to froth over; paint them how you like.

I don't see anyone "froth"ing. :eyebrows:

Now Mantis Warriors...that old camouflage paint scheme...that was simply excellent. I really do hope they work them up in an interesting way...give me an excuse to collect them.

I know! The Badab War had some of the craziest / neatest color-schemes on Marines; really unique stuff. I just hope some of it survives Forge Worlds touch-ups.

I can understand them wanting to make them easier to paint for novices, but I hope they don't dumb all of it down for the sake of sales.

BrazenRogue
24-08-2010, 03:25
Sorry, I didn't mean to accuse anyone of excessive froth. More that I'm expecting there to be a fair bit of it if the changes are as radical as I'm starting to expect.

Likewise, I doubt the sales were a primary motivation; I'm getting the impression that they simply found them ugly. But it sure can't hurt the sales figures!

As for forces involved throughout the entire conflict, you should have a couple of choices. The Astral Claws are the obvious ones, and quite possibly the only chapter to be involved start to finish, but the other renegades were in it for the long haul, as I remember.

daemonicemission
24-08-2010, 04:47
Personally I don't think I will buy anything from this IA; not that the models don't look top notch like usual, but I am wrist deep in projects as it is. I will, however, be purchasing the book, which I am greatly looking forward to for the narative alone.

ChaplainOrion
24-08-2010, 04:54
No I don't have to because I have the inability to decide on an army HOORAY! But seriously I'm the only one cheering for Executioners?

Lyonator
24-08-2010, 05:25
Camo Howling Griffons.

Ironhand
24-08-2010, 13:11
Astral Claws for me. That Lufgt Huron model is just too cool. I'm hoping the "Tyrant's Legion" army list in the first book will be a proper renegade Marine list and not the sort of mish-mash in the current Chaos Codex.

I've got a bunch of unpainted Marines already, so I might just buy them some Salamander shoulder pads and make up a loyalist force as well.

BrazenRogue
24-08-2010, 15:19
Some more gossip for you all;

The assorted camo schemes haven't been retconned out of existence. They get a mention in the background sections of book 1, and the Howling Griffons should be getting some artwork too.

So looks like you'll be happy, Lyonator :)

And I know what you mean about the current list, Ironhand. Is it just me, or does it kinda feel that right now when a chapter goes rogue they all meet up for drinks in the Eye, burn their modern day equipment and armour and then swap it for pre-heresy stuff with added spikes?

That's why I liked Huron's old 2nd ed rules. Hurons armies couldn't take daemons or Marks or the like, but access to a load of stuff from the Space Marine book.

Navar
24-08-2010, 15:35
I won't be starting a new army, but I will be adding a lot of the new figs to my Ultradragons.

Scryer in the Darkness
24-08-2010, 18:18
I can in fact now confirm that the Caestus Assault Ram is painted in the colours of the Astral Claws :)
Thanks, but I was asking about existing scheme sources, not the new from FW.

Aloha, the Astral Claw paint scheme is blue and white if I remember correctly.
Where from do you recall?

BrazenRogue
24-08-2010, 18:31
Ah, okay then. In that case, I'm not sure that there ever was an Astral Claws colour scheme; the Tiger Claws one didn't get updated along with the name change. I could be wrong, but if there was one I've sure never seen it.

Whitehorn
24-08-2010, 18:42
There's never been one before, just the Red Corsairs in current CCSM and the old Tiger Claws 'camo' look.

TimLeeson
24-08-2010, 18:47
No new army for me, but of all the things FW could do with marines - this is the best I think, the old armour variants are great kits and fill a niche that's been wanted by many people for a long time - and focussing on a load of lesser known chapters is cool, as I get bored of seeing the "popular" ones all the time, so if it encourages people to start those badab ones then I think that's great.

Scryer in the Darkness
24-08-2010, 19:09
Ah, okay then. In that case, I'm not sure that there ever was an Astral Claws colour scheme; the Tiger Claws one didn't get updated along with the name change. I could be wrong, but if there was one I've sure never seen it.

Yeah neither had I, that's why I was asking... there's some scary people on here with all sorts of indepth knowledge on 40K background though. ;)

It was also just to provide the framework of FW "changing" the Astral Claws scheme... if there never was one beyond the Tiger Claws one, then they're not really changing anything are they? ;) I was curious though if even the colours of the pre Red Corsairs Astral Claws was ever mentioned.

Sister_Sin
24-08-2010, 19:38
First they changed the name from Tiger Claws to Astral Claws..when they did that there was no indication the scheme had changed at all. The Red Corsairs, as the were known after the Badab War, had their own scheme.

This new scheme is the first one, that I know of, actually for the Astral Claws.

FW hasn't changed anything really, beyond giving them their own scheme, which does away with the old Tiger Claws spinter-tiger scheme.

They'll always be the Tiger Claws to me though.

Sister Sin

BrazenRogue
24-08-2010, 21:09
Thats about the size of it, aye. So far as I recall, its not even clear if the change from Tiger to Astral is a cannon name change, or a retcon. Most people just went along with the idea that the name changed but not the colour, so far as I've noticed.

But aye, I'm willing to proved wrong by some of those scary people. I know plenty of the background, but I'm no expert...

I'm curious to see how much actual hard retconning is going to go on. If they've made mention of the old colour schemes in the background, it sounds like most of the changes will be more than simply rail-roading the old ones into oblivion. But it also looks like rather a lot of changes...

Whitehorn
25-08-2010, 01:00
First they changed the name from Tiger Claws to Astral Claws..when they did that there was no indication the scheme had changed at all. The Red Corsairs, as the were known after the Badab War, had their own scheme.

As I remember it the Corsairs simply painted bits of armour red to show their allegiance. At least I interpreted it back then by painting a red shoulder pad on each of my marines - keeping the rest the chapter colours, since I had a mix of Mantis, Lamenter and Claws in the force.

BrazenRogue
25-08-2010, 01:18
That's still the general idea; they removed the Imperial iconography and repainted. Into The Maelstrom had a picture of Huron on the front, with red and black armour. That was probably the first appearance of the new scheme.

The previous codex had pictures of otherwise normal marines who had sploshed a red x over their shoulder pads and the like. So it seems to me that depending on the time frame, its perfectly reasonable to assume a rougher paint job was the norm, at least until they had enough time to sit down and do a proper job :D

Mine are painted up in the current look, but with less gold. I always thought it looked a bit too bling, so I kept it for sergeants and the like. Now that the Astral Claws have gold though, it rather looks like my Corsairs may be getting a touch up...

Lord-Caerolion
25-08-2010, 07:34
I've always wanted to do an army/diorama of the final stand of the Lamentors, this might just be the inspiration I need to get it done. Hopefully they'll bring back the Lamentors Curse, and get rid of them actually having the Red Thirst.

The Red Pilgrim
25-08-2010, 08:02
This Forge World love just means that I'll have a lot of new toys to add to my existing Red Corsairs. I'm looking forward to replacing my current Huron with a converted Forge World Huron. :D

I'm also excited to see this rich part of the fluff fleshed-out by Forge World. Should be most excellent.

Born Again
25-08-2010, 08:36
That's why I liked Huron's old 2nd ed rules. Hurons armies couldn't take daemons or Marks or the like, but access to a load of stuff from the Space Marine book.

Actually they had the best of both worlds: they could still take daemons and marks, but also had access to the Imperial stuff. That was one of Huron's big drawcards in that book.

Jackmojo
25-08-2010, 09:32
Actually they had the best of both worlds: they could still take daemons and marks, but also had access to the Imperial stuff. That was one of Huron's big drawcards in that book.

Didn't Chaos get access to the Space Marine wargear/units in general, just at a 50% price hike, and Huron negated that? I thought I recalled it being something like that.

Jack

baneful
25-08-2010, 11:41
let me see...

check, completed red scorpion army.

Im set for it. (though the new honour guard and librarian might get added to my force)

Born Again
25-08-2010, 11:47
Didn't Chaos get access to the Space Marine wargear/units in general, just at a 50% price hike, and Huron negated that? I thought I recalled it being something like that.

Jack

Yup, that's it exactly. He also allowed you to take Imperial termies, with all their assault cannons, Cyclones etc.

BrazenRogue
25-08-2010, 14:25
He did? Man, you can tell its been a while since I read that one! I'm surprised I never saw more of him...

Right, stuff it then. I'm going back to 2nd ed. from here on out :D

Col. Dash
25-08-2010, 20:52
Yeah been thinking about doing up some Tigers Claws for this as well. maybe ill do a test model tonight and see how it comes up. Who knows, maybe i will actually have a space marine list. heheh

Grand_Marshal_Kazan
25-08-2010, 20:58
I think the Badab books will bring me back to playing the game after a few years break. An Astral Claws force does sound very interesting.

Earthbeard
26-08-2010, 14:21
I'll be lying if Space Sharks weren't tempting.

Grimmeth
26-08-2010, 14:37
I don't know what it is about Space Shark's - maybe it's just the name. But I'm really tempted by them too!
That or Astral Claws, I've always liked the idea of Huron but I just couldn't find a way to build a list I was happy with out of C:CSM using him.

Melchiah
26-08-2010, 15:42
Im looking forward to see what they're going to do with the Sons of Medusa. I friend in high school did them but didnt take them farther then green bodies and white helms. He never didn't veteran and company colours.

Modhail
26-08-2010, 17:02
Hehe, typical, I've been gearing up to a Howling Griffons army the last couple of months....
Maybe I'd better hold off a bit to see what HG upgrade kits FW will put out. That way I'd avoid having to rip finished marines apart so I can upgrade them. :(

Orcboy_Phil
26-08-2010, 17:33
I don't know what it is about Space Shark's - maybe it's just the name. But I'm really tempted by them too!
That or Astral Claws, I've always liked the idea of Huron but I just couldn't find a way to build a list I was happy with out of C:CSM using him.

Its not just the nane, but the ability to dramatically sing it operatic style.

Grimmeth
26-08-2010, 18:03
Its not just the nane, but the ability to dramatically sing it operatic style.

Operatic? Or saturday morning kids cartoon style? ;)

They barely have any background though, yet have a really big following - weird...
Quite a nice colour scheme though (I like the red stripe down the 'nose')

lordbeefy
27-08-2010, 01:01
Meh....no Badab army for me.....I need to finish my guard and orks before january/new GK stuff comes out....my GK have sat awaiting reinforcements for too long for me to waste my hard earned pennies on a.n.other marines chapter.

Wyrmwood
27-08-2010, 01:37
So, am I the only Executioner here!? :)

Grimmeth
27-08-2010, 10:23
So, am I the only Executioner here!? :)

Their colour scheme is rather awesome, bet it's a pain to paint right through over a whole army!

Col. Dash
27-08-2010, 13:09
It was a toss up between the Executioners and the Tigers for me. They both have really cool schemes as do the Mantis Warriors and Space Sharks in camo. But alas painting them is the hard part. I did a test model of the Tigers and it looks alright, I am going to try it on a newer more detailed model(I used a leftover 2nd ed box set marine which had been painted numerous times already). Executioners would look brilliant on the field. Hopefully FW will stick to the scheme already laid down by RT.

Leftenant Gashrog
28-08-2010, 01:45
Executioners would look brilliant on the field. Hopefully FW will stick to the scheme already laid down by RT.

I'm hoping they Mk7-ify it but I imagine the basic uniform colour will remain the same as Imperial Armour volume 2 had a Executioners Predator in "the chapters distinctive 'disruption pattern' colour scheme"

ltsobel
14-09-2010, 11:30
Id love to start a Lamenters force but doing the chapter badge puts me off, hopefully some FW shoulder kits will appear :)

baphomael
15-09-2010, 01:14
I must say, with the Huron model the Astral Claws are very tempting, but as far as Badab War schemes go, I've always loved the Lamenters (just wish I could paint chequer board patterns :( )

Though, I should hold off...I dont need distracting from my other projects - I have Empire and Daemons to do, and the Dark Eldar I've been waiting a decade to be updated are just around the corner. Likewise, I dont wanna start more marines without finishishing my Sons of Horus...

...can I resist the sexy new FW stuff? I suppose picking up the books wont hurt... :p

Mage
16-09-2010, 13:01
I suppose picking up the books wont hurt... :p

And so begins the descent into damnation and madness. Alas, poor baphomael, I knew him not so well. :D