PDA

View Full Version : If You Could Play Anyone From Warseer...

SiNNiX
26-08-2010, 21:24
Who would it be and why? In a 3k game, I'd really want to battle:

Malorian

Obvious reasons. I have yet to lose a game in 8th and so has he, and he's always been someone reputable enough to want to play against; I can't count how many times I've been close to answering someone's question about needing advice on strategies, and come to find out Malorian just posted what I was about to say!

Spirit

Not sure if Spirit's around anymore, but for those of you who don't know who he was, he was a ridiculously talented and smart LM player, who by now has probably figured out all there is to know about 8th Edition LM.

There are a few more of you out there that I easily respect enough to want to play, I just don't want to sit here forever and list all you guys! I'm sure you probably know who you are.

Urgat
26-08-2010, 21:32
Well, I'll go the other way around. First, I take all of warseer, then, I go to the rules forum, and I'll remove from the list all those who used to argue that all those attacks that were obviously flaming were not because the book didn't spell it out, or that spells with templates, under the current rules, would kill the caster, or that gyrocopter can flee, but won't move while doing so, and so on. You get what I mean, I suppose.
But I'd love to play a few guys more than others, though. Harry, just because he's Harry, lorcryst, coz he's cool, Tensions, to play an army that is probably one of the most beautiful in the world, and a couple dozen others who'd deserve to me named just as much.

Ratbeast
26-08-2010, 21:38
Who would it be and why? In a 3k game, I'd really want to battle:

Malorian

Obvious reasons. I have yet to lose a game in 8th and so has he, and he's always been someone reputable enough to want to play against; I can't count how many times I've been close to answering someone's question about needing advice on strategies, and come to find out Malorian just posted what I was about to say!

Spirit

Not sure if Spirit's around anymore, but for those of you who don't know who he was, he was a ridiculously talented and smart LM player, who by now has probably figured out all there is to know about 8th Edition LM.

Spirit and crew were wrong about a major LM rule back in the day, very funny, thread would still be around somewhere...

Id play a copy of myself, no harder challenge then facing someone that knows your every thought!!!

SiNNiX
26-08-2010, 21:40
Well, I'll go the other way around. First, I take all of warseer, then, I go to the rules forum, and I'll remove from the list all those who used to argue that all those attacks that were obviously flaming were not because the book didn't spell it out, or that spells with templates, under the current rules, would kill the caster, or that gyrocopter can flee, but won't move while doing so, and so on. You get what I mean, I suppose.

This! The best was the gyrocopter comment... I remember all that jazz. Haha!

SiNNiX
26-08-2010, 21:41
Spirit and crew were wrong about a major LM rule back in the day, very funny, thread would still be around somewhere..

Not surprising, everyone's wrong about something some times, but it'd be interesting to know exactly which occasion you were talking about.

enyoss
26-08-2010, 22:09
Oooooh, I hope I'm not the last kid to get picked :D.

I really enjoy games against kyussinchains and RobTPR, although I've been playing those guys for so long they're more or less family, so it probably doesn't count. I know the game will come with a good laugh and a beer, which is always nice. As for playing style, I think Ender Shadowkin and Desert Rain play more or less exactly the same game I do with High Elves (and Wood Elves as well if memory serves), so that would be an interesting experience of playing against my own tactics!

I think there are tons of good sorts on here who I'd enjoy a game against though :).

Urgat
26-08-2010, 22:11

Nah, you're in those unnamed couple dozen I mentioned ;)

Bloody Nunchucks
26-08-2010, 22:14
i would probably like to play hero fox, or whoever he is now on here, just to get an idea of his thoughts on HE's and how he plays them

or a smart beatmen player, just because i havnt lost to them yet

WarmbloodedLizard
26-08-2010, 22:20
Malorian

ditto. (and yes, he is indeed a ninja. :D)

Lordsaradain
26-08-2010, 22:21
Anyone with a fully painted army, preferably with some cool conversions! :D

Maoriboy007
26-08-2010, 22:43
Enigmatik - once he gets his new TK book.

Leogun_91
26-08-2010, 22:52
Urgat.....IIRC that's a full common goblin army, something I would love to see in action and it's a long time until I own one myself.

Enigmatik1
26-08-2010, 22:53
Enigmatik - once he gets his new TK book.

Should I ever find myself in NZ, I'll look you up, sir. :D

Tough question, though...I'd have to say Spiney, Heimagoblin (I want a crack at his LM list), Maori in an epic, undead death match or Skyros (cuz he's relatively close).

:D

Tarian
26-08-2010, 22:55
Hrm... I'd probably say Malorian or Enyoss initially, but there are quite a few good posters here.

NixonAsADaemonPrince
26-08-2010, 22:59
I'd say Avian, to see how a rules designer plays (probably rather well I'd guess), then both Scryer and Harry to play each other to see what stupid things they could fool each other into through their various riddles, and then I'd play Bram because he seems to have some good interests in life (like the med student pool parties).

Urgat
26-08-2010, 23:03
Urgat.....IIRC that's a full common goblin army, something I would love to see in action and it's a long time until I own one myself.

Nah, the full common goblin army is in progress, but for now it's half common half night gobs. I also have a few forest gob units in the works, but obviously, apart from the spider riders, they'd only be count as, so I'm not too motivated to paint them for now. But cheers :)

GuyLeCheval
26-08-2010, 23:11
w3rm, cuz he's also 16 (by my knowledge), he plays Skaven as well and also like the AoD.

RanaldLoec
26-08-2010, 23:42
ULF just to see if he looks like his avatar

wizbix
27-08-2010, 03:11
I'd play Jind_Singh due to his sheer passion for orc'sn'Goblins and not because he writes good posts. Other than that i'd play the next bloke that comes a long. Thats because I don't especially know any of you and wouldnt want to massage any ego's just becuase you've written 3000 odd posts. ;)

SiNNiX
27-08-2010, 03:36
I'd play Jind_Singh due to his sheer passion for orc'sn'Goblins and not because he writes good posts. Other than that i'd play the next bloke that comes a long. Thats because I don't especially know any of you and wouldnt want to massage any ego's just becuase you've written 3000 odd posts. ;)

I like this guy.

Djekar
27-08-2010, 07:13
I'd choose lots of those already mentioned, but of those not mentioned so far I'd have to go with LoNC because his name is awesome and his fluff is awesomer; Once Bitten (although I might make a pseudo-long distance trek to catch him off-guard sometime...) because he makes the Brets scary unlike my local bret player; and Seabo because I always like his lists and he seems like a generally fun Beast to hang with.

Lord Inquisitor
27-08-2010, 07:29
Thats because I don't especially know any of you and wouldnt want to massage any ego's just becuase you've written 3000 odd posts. ;)

Gah all that effort wasted! I'm off to get a life right now! :p

Djekar
27-08-2010, 07:59
Don't do it, Lord Inquisitor - it's a trap!

Kayosiv
27-08-2010, 08:23
LordofNonsensicalcrap and Toshiro >,>

ftayl5
27-08-2010, 08:31
Harry, because his Avatar is a pie. Oh and he has a 100 page long log and is the king of rumours but who cares about that? :P

EDIT: Or Lew_b81 but only his Ogre army

bfeijter
27-08-2010, 09:08
seabo

He writes enjoyable battle reports.
Seems like a nice fellow.
And plays beastmen :)

Also would like to play some nice wood elf player.
They are verry scares too.

I usualy avoid "compative players" as they call themselfs.
Im pretty sure there must be some nice ones out there but most i met are so busy being compatative that they forget to have some fun.

Warlord Ghazak Gazhkull
27-08-2010, 09:54
I would like to face Jind_singh, Urgat and Malorian cause they all like to play with greenskins, but somebody has to give them a good 'eadbutt with his greenskins:D.

Cheers,
G

EmperorNorton
27-08-2010, 10:15
I'd love to play against Lt Dougheim's halfling army.
And I'd fancy a round of Mordheim against Boreas_NL.

Ultimate Life Form
27-08-2010, 12:06
ULF just to see if he looks like his avatar

You'd be surprised... :shifty:

Urgat, I'm afraid we'll never play against each other then. :cries:

BigbyWolf
27-08-2010, 13:46
I'd really like to play with myself...:shifty:

But to answer the OPs question, I think I would have enjoyed playing Brother Edwin, just so I could get the opportunity to see the fabled GW Winners trophy he was convinced he had.

Sergeant Uriel Ventris
27-08-2010, 13:57
I'd love to play against Avian, mostly because he knows everything there is to know about Orcs and Goblins and I'd love to be demolished by da WAAAGH!

I'd also love to play Scryer in the Dark because I think we got in an argument in a Rumors thread, and I'd like to show him I'm not a jerk in real life.

theunwantedbeing
27-08-2010, 14:02
One of the female warseer members who knows what they are doing.
Assuming any exist :shifty:

papabearshane
27-08-2010, 14:08
I would want to play Every :cheese: Broken :cheese: list Ive ever seen on WS as then they can all rue the day they were Bashed, Smashed, Klobbered and Stomped into da ground bys da Stommpiest Meanest Orcses WarBoss Evers!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

No Really id love to play all the broken lists just to show people that there are ways of beating them. Ilove to try :evilgrin:

Urgat
27-08-2010, 14:44
You'd be surprised... :shifty:

Urgat, I'm afraid we'll never play against each other then. :cries:

Oh, sure we can, just don't go RAW on me, I'm more into casual play :p

disclaimer: there is of course no sexual innuendo in my post, you bunch of perverted monkeys.

Hypaspist
27-08-2010, 14:46
well, aside from Toonboy and Commandojimbob (who I have played already played)

I'd pick Meriwether or Irisado for 40k (because i think I'd get a really tough interesting game from them, which would be against a-typical lists), and Malorian or Harry for Fantasy. (and having had the pleasure of Seeing the Pie-Mans Man-Cave, I'd simply have to play away from home!

:shifty:

Malorian
27-08-2010, 15:09
I would love to play against everyone :D

Ultimate Life Form
27-08-2010, 15:18

At once...? :shifty:

Sounds like Boss Endurance mode to me. :p

Once Bitten
27-08-2010, 15:22
I'd choose lots of those already mentioned, but of those not mentioned so far I'd have to go with ... Once Bitten (although I might make a pseudo-long distance trek to catch him off-guard sometime...) because he makes the Brets scary unlike my local bret player

Please do make that trek - although I will be living back-and-forth between North Carolina and Ohio over the next year. So, make sure I'm in town before you travel far. :)

Malorian and I have played a couple long-distance games which were a lot of fun. Using 7th edition rules made some aspects of the long-distance game difficult - such as guessing ranges. With 8th edition rules, it would probably be a lot easier. We will have to give the Bretonnian peasants another chance to revolt - using the new rules.

Urgat
27-08-2010, 15:22
At once...? :shifty:

Sounds like Boss Endurance mode to me. :p

I'm sure he finished Doom on Nightmare mode while using the chainsaw only, he's that badass :p

Heimagoblin
27-08-2010, 15:38
Godless, he knows why...

SiNNiX
27-08-2010, 16:03
I'd really like to play with myself...:shifty:

Not in my thread, sir!

But seriously, I forgot ULF and Urgat. Urgat because of his O&G. My brother is the best O&G players I've ever played, so it'd be nice to play another experienced O&G player and see how they run their list.

Lord Malorne
27-08-2010, 16:08
:shifty:

You wound me Hyppa :(.

I would like to play NoS, x-esiv-4c or Son of the Lion.

Whitehorn
27-08-2010, 16:09
I would ignore the forum name and call upon the likes of rev, spikyjames, lamenter, etc. to play 40k with their delicious armies ;)

Hypaspist
27-08-2010, 16:42
You make a valid point Mandalore (though I was under the impression that you merely peddled armies without actually playing any? :shifty:;))
and Whitehorn; Rev and Spikyjames armies are b-e-utiful!
so is Graham Apperly's though, I don't know his forum name, I played against his Daemon army once, and it was stunning (especially liked his Blue Scribes)

Ultimately a fun opponent and a beuatifully painted army would make for the best game, but I'll always take the fun opponent over the army every day of the week :)

Alltaken
27-08-2010, 17:38
Malorian
The guy does all this sort of crazy army lists and I would probably be baffeled up to how to approach it

Orion
Seems like a real nice guy and he's playing the game since a LOOOONG time. I guess a game with will include lots of anecdotes and insight on the evolution of the game.

BigRob
Mordheim with this guy, he knows it top to bottom and has nice tactical insight

BigbyWolf
27-08-2010, 17:58
Not in my thread, sir!

If I mark my territory enough, it becomes mine! :evilgrin:

If I'm honest I'm probably like Malorian in that I'd be happy facing off against pretty much anyone. I'm a Warhammer ****!

RMacDeezy
27-08-2010, 18:08
i don't know if he's still around but i've always wanted a crack at GeneralOfChaos' WoC (or hordes of chaos as it were) list that was floating around the old GW boards a few years back. something like a bunch of 4 man chaos knight units with MoT (got extra power dice) with a lvl 4 Tzeentch sorceror on a dragon with bronzino's galloper guns in 2000 pts. a lot of people hated that list but i always fancied a stab at it with my HE.

defunct
27-08-2010, 18:10
any "fluffy" player, anytime! :D

Anyone with a fully painted army, preferably with some cool conversions! :DThis sounds good too!

DarkstarSabre
28-08-2010, 08:31
ULF. Urgat. Malorian. SiNNiX (to end his winning streak).

Just about anyone.

As soon as I get my brown and black Lizards done (with their lovely black and red Salamanders, their lovely blue-purple Terradons, their lovely Green Stegadon and a nice pastel purple Slann.)

SiNNiX
28-08-2010, 08:36
ULF. Urgat. Malorian. SiNNiX (to end his winning streak).

Hey now! I'm not the only one! :eek:

Besides, I'm sure someone will do that at tomorrow's tournament. Got three more games tomorrow, so just three more chances to lose!

DarkstarSabre
28-08-2010, 08:39
:P See your 'gunline' post.

I can deal with gunlines. Because Terradons are wonderful things now. Yay for dropping rocks in Turn 1!

Also, feedback from Tournament!

Trying to encourage my local group for the Student Nationals myself.

Jind_Singh
28-08-2010, 08:41
Well I'd want to sort out whose da boss of the Greenskins tribes!

Warlord Ghazak Gazhkull - he's on the list as I always find it amusing he's just plain 'G', sounds so cool gangsta like for a Greenskin!

Urgat - well he's a mean green through and through!

Malorian - he's an ace poster (yeah, he's hanging on peoples walls, and in dorms), and he's a greenskin nut!

And after I played them I'd want to take on the rest of the Warseer clan to see if I can:

a) Play against the fluff players (there's a few)
b) Beat the whiners (there's one or two out there)
c) Show everyone that Greenskins are da best!

:D

SiNNiX
28-08-2010, 08:48
:P See your 'gunline' post.

I can deal with gunlines. Because Terradons are wonderful things now. Yay for dropping rocks in Turn 1!

Also, feedback from Tournament!

Trying to encourage my local group for the Student Nationals myself.

Yeah, I was lucky enough to dispatch of said Terradons in my first game against Lizardmen (the game that was actually very close) but they did some damage. If I didn't kill them in the first turn, they would've definitely been a problem for the remainder of the battle.

I'll let you know how the tournament goes. I don't think I'll post anything if I win my games, but if I lose I'll definitely post a battle report. One of my long time "nemesis" is going to be there tomorrow with his scary Empire army. I have yet to play Empire 8th Edition and this guy is unbeaten as well so far in 8th with something like 15 wins. We'll see what happens but from what I've been told, he has alot less of a gunline than I do, so I just have to hope my artillery does its job.

Oglog
28-08-2010, 09:19
Definatley Malorian. This guy is a tactical genius and builds crazzzyzyy army lists. I would get hammered, but learn loads.

Warlord Ghazak Gazhkull
28-08-2010, 09:24
Warlord Ghazak Gazhkull - he's on the list as I always find it amusing he's just plain 'G', sounds so cool gangsta like for a Greenskin!

The G is the first letter from my name, and from my nickname in the club Geblin, once a guy in my gaming group told me that and since then I'm stuck with it.

To bad we can't arrange a game against most, I think it would be possible against Urgat, he is not to far away.

Cheers,
G

Urgat
28-08-2010, 10:24
"flexes biceps"
Whenever you want, double G :evilgrin:

Warlord Ghazak Gazhkull
28-08-2010, 10:27
Next summer maybe, then I can make a holiday from it;)

Cheers,
G

Urgat
28-08-2010, 10:34
Ah... so I'm not the only one working? I'm actually posting from my job place, it's august, it's saturday, I'm sad twice :(

Warlord Ghazak Gazhkull
28-08-2010, 11:05
I'm not working, I'm a student that has graduated in june and I start the 8th of september but luckily I will not have to work on saturdays:p.

Poor urgat, here take a fungus beer from me

cheers

BeatTheBeat
28-08-2010, 11:08
Would love to play Jihad_Ragsta, Gargobot, Warlord G. G. and a lot of other guys I've gotten to "know" in the PLogs forums. Some lovely armies and happy chaps I'll probably never have the chance to play against (and totally stomp) IRL!

Cheers,
BTB

BigbyWolf
28-08-2010, 12:08
Ah... so I'm not the only one working? I'm actually posting from my job place, it's august, it's saturday, I'm sad twice :(

Seconded...at least where I am the weather is being mostly crap...

thaWaTRix
28-08-2010, 12:30
I think I would like too play with toshiro. He seems to be a fun guy. Also he's swedish ;-) like me

Lorcryst
28-08-2010, 13:12
Well, tough question.

I'd play against all of Warseer I guess, the posters here seem like genuinely nice people with a good grasp of the game, rules and tactics ... I'd probably be massacred (I'm still learning how to be a good General), but in a fun, enjoyable atmosphere, and I'm sure I'd learn a lot too !

DaemonReign
28-08-2010, 16:05
I would concider playing anyone who can show up with 20k worth of One fully painted "according to rules" army.

orlanth1000
28-08-2010, 20:25
Any one from the Wastes :shifty:
With clothes on though :shifty:

Toshiro
28-08-2010, 20:58
I'd love to play:

Malorian - Because he likes to play softer lists and seems like fun guy

Seabo - A fun guy that I think I'd really get along with over the table

Kayosiv - Because I'd love to see the fluff he'd write for our battle and I think we'd get along well

Jind_Singh - Because he loves greenskins like I do :D

BigbyWolf - Facing Konnie and his stuffed badger, enough said

Enigmatik1 - I'd love to face his TK and see his take on them

Urgat - For his gobbo list and he seems like a casual gamer like me

And every other nice fluff-gamer out there :D

LordofNonsensicalcrap and Toshiro >,>

Thanks Kayosiv! :D

I think I would like too play with toshiro. He seems to be a fun guy. Also he's swedish ;-) like me

Sweet, hope i get the chance to meet you some time! If you ever pass through Karlstad let me know! :D

Feefait
28-08-2010, 23:39
since I've played only one game of 8th so far and probably 3 game sin the last 6 months (and that's generous) I'd play anybody at this point.

Logically I'd say Domandi, simply because we know each other and have been playing for eyars. Plus I owe his punk **** DE's some beat downs. :) He's chicken after our last game though!

If I could pick anyone, location be danged I'd say ULF. :) Simply because he can't be as bitter as he seems in his posts and I've had fun bickering with him over the years. hehe

Harry or any of the mods, rumor leaders would be cool too. I love to play, but I love bs'ing and chatting during games as much as anything.

While we're on the subject here... why is there now Warseer convention or gamesday? I know we're all pretty global but it seems there is enough people in each region to get something together, Or is that what the big GW tourneys are for?

Ultimate Life Form
29-08-2010, 00:06
If I could pick anyone, location be danged I'd say ULF. :) Simply because he can't be as bitter as he seems in his posts and I've had fun bickering with him over the years. hehe

I'm moved to tears. :cries:

I know that I come across as cold and bitter (or even agressive) at times when I actually only want to be helpful, but it's just my way of talking, I can't really do anything about it. Gotta live with it I guess... naturally the internet additionally filters out all nuances and only leaves the worst. I kid you not when I say that at times I was literally shocked when I reread one of my posts and saw what I wrote and how you could read it... :shifty: Naturally the response will be in a similar tone, and a flaming war ensues... :cries:

So, I guess, thanks for supporting me anyway guys, it shows that all I did was not in vain. I'm always ready for a game, just drop in and we'll (hopefully)have a great time (if I'm well rested that is, otherwise I can be so harsh I scare myself sometimes... :cries:)

Lord Malorne
29-08-2010, 02:15
Any one from the Wastes :shifty:
With clothes on though :shifty:

Playing you does not sound fun.

SiNNiX
29-08-2010, 02:32
I'm moved to tears. :cries:

I know that I come across as cold and bitter (or even agressive) at times when I actually only want to be helpful, but it's just my way of talking, I can't really do anything about it. Gotta live with it I guess... naturally the internet additionally filters out all nuances and only leaves the worst. I kid you not when I say that at times I was literally shocked when I reread one of my posts and saw what I wrote and how you could read it... :shifty: Naturally the response will be in a similar tone, and a flaming war ensues... :cries:

So, I guess, thanks for supporting me anyway guys, it shows that all I did was not in vain. I'm always ready for a game, just drop in and we'll (hopefully)have a great time (if I'm well rested that is, otherwise I can be so harsh I scare myself sometimes... :cries:)

ULF, the internet does not lie.... YOU'RE A JERK! :cries:

Xcross
29-08-2010, 02:42
ULF, the internet does not lie.... YOU'RE A JERK! :cries:

Hihi, AGREE

Just joking, love you :p
(speaking as an unknown)

w3rm
29-08-2010, 03:09
w3rm, cuz he's also 16 (by my knowledge), he plays Skaven as well and also like the AoD.

:D That post just incredibly made my day.(Well 16 in November:p)

I'm gonna say Lord Nestron, Danny, Grumbaki, and Guy and all the real dedicated Arena players including Malorian as everyone has said.

Also Lord Inquistor because of his dedication to the Daemon Tactica thread.

Avian. Because he's Avian and I used to read his tactic articles over and over and over again.

Jind-Sighn because his posts are so great to read.

Lord Malorne too.

itcamefromthedeep
29-08-2010, 03:15
Top of my list is Meriwether. It would be nice to get roundly beaten by a guy of such character. Tactical and strategic skill along with good sportsmanship and a great deal of patience. Unfortunately he sticks to 40k since last I checked.

Well, there are a lot of people I think are worth playing. At the risk of watering down the nod:

Hellebore, Malorian, Avian, Culven, IJW, The Dude, Vakathi, theunwantedbeing, Harry, Lord Cook, Azimaith, Crazy Harborc, Marv335, Lord Malorne, ehlijen, loveless, Captain Brown, Sylass, athamas, Lord Inquisitor, UltimateNagash, 75Hastings69, Festus, Lord Solar Plexus, T10, philbrad2, yabbadabba, Scryer in the Darkness, de Selby, don_mondo, reds8n, GodlessM, Deetwo, Chem-Dog, hendybadger, HiveFleetEzekial, Desert Rain, baphomael, silverstu, RampagingRavener, big squig, Zanzibarthefirst, Occulto, RichBlake, Voodoo Boyz, max the dog, ReveredChaplainDrake, Grimstonefire, Murphey, enyoss, Harwammer, adreal, MasterDecoy, Gabacho Mk.II, Coredump, NixonAsADaemonPrince, stonehorse, CthulhuDalek, John Wayne II, Nocculum, Bolter Bait, Edzard, Dosadi, WH40KAj, StefDa, squeekenator, BramGaunt, wizuriel, Marshal Augustine, Rick Blaine, AbusePuppy, and a guarantee that I missed a few good ones.

---

Note the significant overlap between people on that list and people with stars beside their names who frequent the same subforums that I do.

---

Yes, I browsed the members list to look for names, and yes I had it set to descending order of post count. That's the order they're in. This bears no relation to their worthiness as gamers, of course.

---

Special mention goes to Wintermute, who does such a good job of impartial modding that I don't even know if he *plays*, let alone how.

---

I suspect edits in this post's future as names are added.

orlanth1000
29-08-2010, 03:20

I could make an exception about the clothes thing for you :shifty:

Any of the Mantic Fanatics would be ace as well :D

SiNNiX
29-08-2010, 03:55

I could make an exception about the clothes thing for you :shifty:

Any of the Mantic Fanatics would be ace as well :D

Oh for the love of all that is sacred, don't turn this into another Warhammer Whore thread. :rolleyes:

slingersam
29-08-2010, 05:39
Top of my list is Meriwether. It would be nice to get roundly beaten by a guy of such character. Tactical and strategic skill along with good sportsmanship and a great deal of patience. Unfortunately he sticks to 40k since last I checked.

Well, there are a lot of people I think are worth playing. At the risk of watering down the nod:

Hellebore, Malorian, Avian, Culven, IJW, The Dude, Vakathi, theunwantedbeing, Harry, Lord Cook, Azimaith, Crazy Harborc, Marv335, Lord Malorne, ehlijen, loveless, Captain Brown, Sylass, athamas, Lord Inquisitor, UltimateNagash, 75Hastings69, Festus, Lord Solar Plexus, T10, philbrad2, yabbadabba, Scryer in the Darkness, de Selby, don_mondo, reds8n, GodlessM, Deetwo, Chem-Dog, hendybadger, HiveFleetEzekial, Desert Rain, baphomael, silverstu, RampagingRavener, big squig, Zanzibarthefirst, Occulto, RichBlake, Voodoo Boyz, max the dog, ReveredChaplainDrake, Grimstonefire, Murphey, enyoss, Harwammer, adreal, MasterDecoy, Gabacho Mk.II, Coredump, NixonAsADaemonPrince, stonehorse, CthulhuDalek, John Wayne II, Nocculum, Bolter Bait, Edzard, Dosadi, WH40KAj, StefDa, squeekenator, BramGaunt, wizuriel, Marshal Augustine, Rick Blaine, AbusePuppy, and a guarantee that I missed a few good ones.

---

Note the significant overlap between people on that list and people with stars beside their names who frequent the same subforums that I do.

---

Yes, I browsed the members list to look for names, and yes I had it set to descending order of post count. That's the order they're in. This bears no relation to their worthiness as gamers, of course.

---

Special mention goes to Wintermute, who does such a good job of impartial modding that I don't even know if he *plays*, let alone how.

---

I suspect edits in this post's future as names are added.

lol u forgot me :). anyway I would love to play against malrion. and we don't live to far from each other, if anytime ur in edmonton hit me up, would be a pleasure to play against u.

Urgat
29-08-2010, 06:12
Oh for the love of all that is sacred, don't turn this into another Warhammer Whore thread. :rolleyes:

I suspect this has to do with the avatar more than anything else :p

orlanth1000
29-08-2010, 07:06
I suspect this has to do with the avatar more than anything else :p

It exemplifies him more than you realize. :D

I would put Urgat as someone I would play, as he is a thoroughly great chap.
And it will give me a reason to visit Normandie next time I'm up that way :D

Toshiro
29-08-2010, 08:32
Some more people I'd like to play:

Grumbaki - I'd love to see a battle between us in any of his great batrep threads :D

Spoik - seems like a fun guy

The Blue Guy - A Swede like me who seems really nice and friendly

FORtheGREATERgood - A Orc player like me, would be fun to see his take on them :D

w3rm - Seems like a really nice guy I'd get along well with

papabearshane - A prominent greenskin player that I'd love to meet

Selone - He seems like a good and friendly player

dustin harnois - greenskins, greenskins and more greenskin, waaagh, always love to play greenskin lovers!

Duke Georgal
29-08-2010, 13:13
Anyone with a fully painted army, preferably with some cool conversions! :D

Me too. So far it seems we are the only ones in this thread that value painted armies.

Even me?

I am an easy victory and no challenge at all.

Alathir
29-08-2010, 13:34
Hmmmmm...

Enyoss, I think, would be great for a match as I'd like to show him why Yvressian elves are best :D. As would just about anyone who posts in the Background forum, I'd like to take on Hellebore just so we can argue about Malekith's claim to the throne and the War of the Beard all day long...

Ultimate life form, I'd enjoy playing against, mainly so that I could spend the time convincing him of why Bretonnia is a cool. Also, anyone with a fully painted army (if such a thing exists...) would be great fun, while I'm at it, anyone who participates in the Tale of Fantasy Painters would be brilliant too. But I'd have to respectably decline any invitations from rules lawyers :shifty:

Gazak Blacktoof
29-08-2010, 15:52
There are a couple of people who post on this forum that live close to me and I've thought about PM'ing to see if they wanted a game. Maybe when I finish the TOFP and they don't have to look at a sorry mass of undercoated models.

DarkstarSabre
29-08-2010, 16:54
I've not been mentioned one.

Excellent.

We Lizards who dwell beneath the Blackspine and guard the passages from the north do well to exist in secrecy.

In truth I think it's cause I've only just found my fantasy bug again.

w3rm
29-08-2010, 19:20
Id love to play against a secret lizardmen army if one does such exsists!

Lord Dan
29-08-2010, 19:58
I'm really not able to play with anyone on these forums. I'd have to teleport in from the future, and every time I do I end up dying within, like, 2 hours.

Justicar Valius
29-08-2010, 19:59
Kerill for his nice summary at the beginning of the WoC 8th edition tactica thread, would be nice to play against my own army book played by a guy that seems to have real insight.

DarkstarSabre
29-08-2010, 20:03
Id love to play against a secret lizardmen army if one does such exsists!

In all its brown and black gold.

Malorian
29-08-2010, 21:05
lol u forgot me :). anyway I would love to play against malrion. and we don't live to far from each other, if anytime ur in edmonton hit me up, would be a pleasure to play against u.

I'm running a tournament on Sept 4th: http://thewarroomsp.proboards.com/index.cgi?board=ev&action=display&thread=744&page=1

So come out, have some fun, and if you want you could have a go at me ;)

EmperorNorton
29-08-2010, 21:54
I'm really not able to play with anyone on these forums. I'd have to teleport in from the future, and every time I do I end up dying within, like, 2 hours.

That's enough for a small game. Feel free to drop by.

w3rm
30-08-2010, 00:19
Oh yes. And I would also like to play Vamp with an upainted army. :P

Dont kill me mods.

Agnar the Howler
30-08-2010, 00:28
ULF is my first choice, he seems like one of those guys who you could just have a beer and a laugh with over a game without being too picky about the rules.

After that it'd be anyone who's comfortable playing relaxed games of 2k or under with a player who has an immensely good first turn, but a terribly bad 2+ turns afterwards, and who's Slann has a tendancy to blow up more often than he survives a game.

itcamefromthedeep
30-08-2010, 00:54
Me too. So far it seems we are the only ones in this thread that value painted armies.I remember the days when Gee Dubya required painted models to play. Armies looked a little better back then, though I do not pine for the bad old days.

I am an easy victory and no challenge at all.That's just an opportunity to use a more "interesting" army list with all the dud models sitting on the shelf. New or tactically weak players are a great way to stretch one's game or try something sassy with no pressure.

After that it'd be anyone who's comfortable playing relaxed games of 2k or under with a player who has an immensely good first turn, but a terribly bad 2+ turns afterwards, and who's Slann has a tendancy to blow up more often than he survives a game.
Don't worry, you're not alone. I've seen more Temple Guard die to miscasts than all other factors combined.

Spoik
30-08-2010, 09:28
Yay and triple yay! Toshiro would like to play me! Clearly a man of distinction and Brobdignagian intellect. I'd be very much up for that, not least because I might get one of his really good battle reports out of it.

Also, who wouldn't want to play against, say, Urgat or Jind Singh, both of whom I suspect may actually be greenskins?

Gorak
30-08-2010, 16:59
well anyone and everyone from the seer. I would love to malorian so i could be in one of his battle reports(and we're both from canada), SiNNiX cause I would like to show em his gunline can be destroyed :chrome:

SiNNiX
30-08-2010, 23:25
SiNNiX cause I would like to show em his gunline can be destroyed :chrome:

Haha, you'll have to hurry up then and make your way to Texas soon. My project over the next few weeks is to weaken my list a little so wins don't come so easy and people don't get so angry. Removing 4 war machines and 2 ME's; replacing those 4 war machines with infantry and the ME's with Thanes! :)

Lord Dan
31-08-2010, 00:44
That's enough for a small game. Feel free to drop by.
Just for you, then, EN. I'll start brushing up on my German. :)

My project over the next few weeks is to weaken my list a little so wins don't come so easy and people don't get so angry. Removing 4 war machines and 2 ME's; replacing those 4 war machines with infantry and the ME's with Thanes! :)
When I woke up this morning I could have sworn I felt a tear in the space-time continuum opening up. It all makes sense now. :p

More seriously, I'm glad to hear you're going to give infantry a try. I think you'll find games a lot more entertaining.

Lord of Nonsensical Crap
31-08-2010, 00:49
There are WAY too many cool users with cool armies here on Warseer for me to decide on. Off the top of my head, Malorian, OnceBitten, Vaul, ColdBlooded, Kholbourn, ULF, Selone, Toshiro, Kerill, Kayosiv and Freddieyu would all make this list for sure.

And no, none of them paid me to name them (more's the pity).

SiNNiX
31-08-2010, 01:34
When I woke up this morning I could have sworn I felt a tear in the space-time continuum opening up. It all makes sense now. :p

More seriously, I'm glad to hear you're going to give infantry a try. I think you'll find games a lot more entertaining.

Yeah, that's the hope anyway. I've got alot of pressure to be successful now, though. For over 6 years, my Dwarf armies have always been the "army to beat" locally, so I hope that I don't just start losing like crazy out of nowhere once I make the change, hehe. If that happens, I'll definitely go back to playing LM until I win enough to make people forget.

Basically, I definitely have my doubts.

WiganUltra
31-08-2010, 02:05
Well TBH I haven't read much of this thread, but here are my thoughts:

I think Urgat would be great to play against, seems like someone who really enjoys the hobby for all the right reasons.

As does Harry, and I would also love to play against him or any of the others that do so much for this forum such as The Dude, Hastings, Scryer, Avian and (RIP) Brimstone.

I aslo would like to (and in some cases have done) play against anyone from The Ammo Bunker. I come here for rumours and general chat and go there for modelling/painting and the awesome community they have.

KillbotFactory
31-08-2010, 06:14
Ah the classic epeen stroking thread, always amusing to read.

Seriously though if I had the chance I would want to play with anyone who play a different style warhammer, so probably anyone in either Europe or Australia.

Nocculum
31-08-2010, 07:09
Harry & Hastings in a doubles game, simply because the awesome factor (and seeing if they in fact DO look like Merry & Pippin :shifty:) would be immortalised in my memory forever!

(Jedi and Irisado might get a look in too, when I get to Warhammer World :shifty:)

Toshiro
31-08-2010, 21:28
There are WAY too many cool users with cool armies here on Warseer for me to decide on. Off the top of my head, Malorian, OnceBitten, Vaul, ColdBlooded, Kholbourn, ULF, Selone, Toshiro, Kerill, Kayosiv and Freddieyu would all make this list for sure.

I'd love to play you LoNC :)

Yay and triple yay! Toshiro would like to play me! Clearly a man of distinction and Brobdignagian intellect. I'd be very much up for that, not least because I might get one of his really good battle reports out of it.

Also, who wouldn't want to play against, say, Urgat or Jind Singh, both of whom I suspect may actually be greenskins?

If you ever are in the neighborhood of Karlstad Sweden make sure to let me know and we'll definitely play :)

Oh, and I have no clue what Brobdignagian means :p

fubukii
31-08-2010, 22:58
i would say anyone interested in playing GT style games.
i wonder if anyone has called me out :P

SiNNiX
01-09-2010, 04:08
i would say anyone interested in playing GT style games.
i wonder if anyone has called me out :P

Oh, right here man! I'd love to play a GT game with you but I'd have to tweak my list a bit. I didn't forget about you in my original post, just didn't have room for everyone.

Kayosiv
01-09-2010, 10:38

*Slips LoNC a fiver*

Bloodknight
01-09-2010, 10:45
Brobdignagian

@Toshiro: Brobdignag is the land of giants in Gulliver's Travels. So that means you either have a giant intellect or the intellect of a Giant :p.

I'd love to have a game with Harry (just to see his armies in person) and Meriwether (I guess he'd explain the real rules of 40K to me) ;).

Formosa
01-09-2010, 12:19
im happy for a game with anyone in Norwich UK, just PM me

Gav2k
01-09-2010, 13:09
I'd love to play against Condotierre(sp?)... to ask him why he got banned (I wasn't browsing Warseer for a while when he disappeared, and I want the gossip! :-P)

Hmm... In all seriousness though, as someone has already said, there's a lot of people on here who would be great opponents. I'd take anyone on who was up for a laugh and wasn't a fun-sucker.

Bassik
01-09-2010, 16:21
Lord of Worms, because of his occult studies. But allas, he dissapeared one horror-filled night at an abandoned graveyard, and I do not wish to see what has become of him.

Toshiro
01-09-2010, 23:45
@Toshiro: Brobdignag is the land of giants in Gulliver's Travels. So that means you either have a giant intellect or the intellect of a Giant :p.

1+1=3 righ'? ummm... me thin' to 'ard, me 'ead 'urts. :p

snurl
02-09-2010, 01:45
I would play TheDude because of his sense of humor. Or Harry so that I could show him the dwarves that I got from him in their painted glory.

Ender Shadowkin
03-09-2010, 20:05

I really enjoy games against kyussinchains and RobTPR, although I've been playing those guys for so long they're more or less family, so it probably doesn't count. I know the game will come with a good laugh and a beer, which is always nice. As for playing style, I think Ender Shadowkin and Desert Rain play more or less exactly the same game I do with High Elves (and Wood Elves as well if memory serves), so that would be an interesting experience of playing against my own tactics!

I think there are tons of good sorts on here who I'd enjoy a game against though :).

Just saw this, and "Hey Thats ME!" Bring it on Enyoss! If your still in Newport, I'm not that far away (near Sacramento...) Although I'm more likely to hit you with my peasant horde than HE's these days :p

Other than Enyos.. I would like to play a 3 day legendary battle verse Silashand and his vast miniature collection. I'm sure we'd all enjoy playing Harry of course...Lets see woudn't mind putting Avians Chaos warriors to the test. Then there is Godless Mockery...that would be fun to do. I wish I had a leer jet and well, a lot of time on my hands.