PDA

View Full Version : Pandaemonium vs teclis/powerscroll

JDV311
05-09-2010, 15:06
How do these interact or resolve? If Teclis cats a spell with say double 3's its auto-cast but will he also suffer miscast as well?

dude.sweet101@yahoo.co.uk
05-09-2010, 15:09
Yes
But he ignores the first one

Tae
05-09-2010, 15:32
How do these interact or resolve? If Teclis cats a spell with say double 3's its auto-cast but will he also suffer miscast as well?

Correct, however remember that Teclis and the Book of Hoeth must also reach the casting value of the spell and include a double to get IF - simply rolling a double by itself is not sufficient.

i.e. He can't cast Purple Sun with IF on a roll of a double 2.

JDV311
05-09-2010, 19:33
Oh wow, I did not realize that. I guess I better start paying more attention to the die rolls, all I was looking for from my opponent was doubles. That changes things a bit!

theunwantedbeing
05-09-2010, 19:38
Oh wow, I did not realize that. I guess I better start paying more attention to the die rolls, all I was looking for from my opponent was doubles. That changes things a bit!

He still miscasts on a double from pandemonium though.

Leth Shyish'phak
05-09-2010, 21:26
Also, Pandaemonium doesn't interact with the powercroll, which already miscasts on any double. ;)

Fall from grace
06-09-2010, 02:13
Correct, however remember that Teclis and the Book of Hoeth must also reach the casting value of the spell and include a double to get IF - simply rolling a double by itself is not sufficient.

i.e. He can't cast Purple Sun with IF on a roll of a double 2.

Yes he can. It clearly states in the rulebook that you do not need to meet the casting value if the spell is cast with IF.

theunwantedbeing
06-09-2010, 02:32
Yes he can. It clearly states in the rulebook that you do not need to meet the casting value if the spell is cast with IF.

And the rules for Teclis and the Book of Hoeth clearly state that the casting value must be met for the spell to be cast irresistably.

So he can't, no matter how many people like you who haven't read the rules properly say he can.

Gaargod
06-09-2010, 02:33
No, horribly horribly wrong.

Teclis' special 'i am awesome' rule very definitely states he HAS to reach the casting value to make it if, otherwise failure (unless he rolls double 6, in which normal precedent).

Oddly enough, book of hoeth does not actually have this stipulation. Book works more like the power scroll - any double is IF, regardless of total. Of course, with the book its not one use only and you don't blow your head off with it.

Fall from grace
06-09-2010, 02:49
You are both correct. I only looked in the rulebook at the time, not in the High Elf armybook.

Duke_Corwin
06-09-2010, 06:35
No, horribly horribly wrong.

Teclis' special 'i am awesome' rule very definitely states he HAS to reach the casting value to make it if, otherwise failure (unless he rolls double 6, in which normal precedent).

Oddly enough, book of hoeth does not actually have this stipulation. Book works more like the power scroll - any double is IF, regardless of total. Of course, with the book its not one use only and you don't blow your head off with it.

Look at the Book of Hoeth again (in both army book and FAQ) and you will see that it, too, says you have to have a successful casting roll. So the Book works like Teclis.