PDA

View Full Version : Quest project

Botjer
25-09-2010, 15:57
My somewhat slow project (been at it since christmas), is nearing completion.
have a look and post a comment.

http://img411.imageshack.us/g/dsc0415lt.jpg/

Daemonslave
25-09-2010, 20:17
Looks good, have you done any objective rooms? Also, how do the walls work? Are they removeable or fixed in place?

Botjer
25-09-2010, 20:29
they are made like the orginal floor tiles more or less, so each room is a seperate part with fixed walls.

objective rooms are on the way, im putting some more work into them.

Inchpractice
26-09-2010, 15:02
That is fantastic, what material is the wall?

Botjer
26-09-2010, 19:29
everything is styrofoam, the light blue one. i measured out each section from the original tiles on a 5,5 cm thick styrofoam board. and added in that the walls were going to be 2 cm thick(3cm would have been smarter though).
then i drew the tiling on the floor with a ruler. and then i cut it out with a sharp knife that i held slightly slanted, it was really fast.

For the walls, I cut out stones in the sizes i wanted and then i glued them on with PVA glue.
I then painted all the pieces black. and then started painting the interiors.

its a huge project, and i have hordes of minis to paint, even if im only doing undead.

and today something new came into being but im going to hold that news back until its done ^^

commandergabriel
16-11-2010, 16:18
Looks great. I've been wanting to do something like this for years, but never got around to it. The challenging part for me was whether to add fixed walls or make the walls modular (which is still something that I stress about to this day). The problems that I considered with fixed walls was that I would limit my dungeons to either straight through hallways and dungeons that always looked the same, to me. On the other hand the problem I had with Modular walls was that there was an endless number of wall sizes to make in order for a variety of hallways and room entrances.

It looks like like you have a great variety; well done!

jlmb_123
16-11-2010, 16:55
That's impressive - I like that you've gone for 3d copies of the originals, some projects I've seen have been ambitious (massively so), but come across as unwieldy. Not to say that what you have here isn't ambitious, of course!

Botjer
16-11-2010, 18:45
well i would think that if you have transportation troubles my solution isnt very good, as the walls are a part of the floortiles they tend to take alot of space.

and yes its a bit ambitious, i get bored at times and dont do ****, havnt now for a month or so, but ill soon be back. still working on the first objective room, and going to make doorwaysections that you set between the tiles. easier to stack that way

Eredrian
09-01-2011, 10:18
Your version is fantastic, especially of the walls.
So from one builder to the other. Do you plan to add doorways, it seems to, that you don't need them. A second thing, have thought about to build some dungeon rooms with an exit on the side (it doesnt't matter where, it will work like the corner, but still keeps a dungeon room)? I use it, because of some arguments I read here before, to keep the dungeon more modular. And really it doesn't matter, if the warriors enter a torture room or a monster's lair for example, when you use prewritten adventures. In modular games, the directions is straight anyway.

Botjer
09-01-2011, 20:54
well at first my idea was to have doorarches on the floorpieces, but it would be a pain to pack and they would break all the time.
so im doing standalone door arches that i fit inbetween rooms.

doors on the side? you mena so that objective rooms get other exits?
maybe later. right now i just want to be done with it :)

Eredrian
11-01-2011, 10:03
I doens't meant directly objective rooms, I meant dungeon rooms, you pass like a corner (with some more squares).

Botjer
11-01-2011, 12:42
oh yeah sorry, meant dungeon rooms.
i was bored of doing things XD

Botjer
02-02-2011, 20:07
22 doorway portals are now built. next step is 22 threshold inserts, i will be holding off making actual doors until later.

almost almost playable!

Botjer
31-01-2012, 07:16
http://imageshack.us/photo/my-images/99/laststandx.jpg/

Botjer
31-01-2012, 16:00
/// should be noted im not running warhammer quest rules, its a homebrewed version that i am gametesting///

This is a picture from the objective room, and before ending up here were two thick combats with hordes of monsters.

The elf were downed once, and then the wizard.

But they pulled through, at the objective room they faced a Wight and Two Direwolves.

The dire wolves dragged the elf away the elf made som fancy moves and got away from them but in his stress he didnt hit with a single arrow before the direwolves were on him again and took him out of the fight.

Then two zombies appeared, the remaining heroes couldnt hurt a fly, and they got pummeled by the undead.

When the wizard was the only left, he fled into the dark... and something down there ate him :O

The elf got out without a scratch.

The Leader was driven mad (exactly what that means hasnt been decided yet... maybe stupidity or frenzy...).

And the dwarf... he crawled up from the caverns and got sold to a fighting pit. He won his freedom, and a **** load of gold :P

Shas'El Tael
31-01-2012, 21:15
Really impressive scratch built dungeon. The moodiness is great. The lastest photo, of the objective room, is superbly lit and very thematic :D

Botjer
31-01-2012, 21:20
Thanks ^^

I have ofcourse cheated abit with the lighting, but thats what it should look like when its finished, just need more leds in the fire. They are supposed to flicker as well :D

Its basically the idolchamber.
Im going to do each of the objective rooms, I just need to get this one done thoroughly first :)

And all the objective rooms will have some kind of led lighting

Mr Feral
02-02-2012, 11:11
Impressive dungeon, it certainly fits the dark, dingy and claustrophobic ideals that I imagine such hellish environments to be! :)

Botjer
02-02-2012, 18:09
Thank you ^^ I have the other objective rooms left to do, then i will spend some time doing furniture and other pieces to flesh out the dungeons.

Purplebeard
05-02-2012, 09:32
Your dungeon looks great. Its great to see how you've gone down quite a 'pure' path and have stayed true to the original source material.

I'm not saying that that's better (or worse) than straying and doing something different (eg. Mr. Feral's Lustria dungeon), just that it's a pleasure to look at the various different dungeons people have posted on Warseer. Everyone has a slightly different take on how to do it.

Botjer
05-02-2012, 09:50
Your dungeon looks great. Its great to see how you've gone down quite a 'pure' path and have stayed true to the original source material.

I'm not saying that that's better (or worse) than straying and doing something different (eg. Mr. Feral's Lustria dungeon), just that it's a pleasure to look at the various different dungeons people have posted on Warseer. Everyone has a slightly different take on how to do it.

Thanks :) I'm not satisfied with the door arches yet. I need to redo the thresholds and doors