PDA

View Full Version : Golden Daemon Question

x-esiv-4c
09-03-2006, 12:46
I'm thinking of giving my Nurgle defiler a chance at the Atlanta Golden Daemon, i've never been to a games-day and was wondering what the procedure was? I assume I drop the model off in the morning ( I think it's 8:00 am, registration starts) etc. etc. But do any prior arrangments have to be made? Or is it just "show up"?

Crube
09-03-2006, 12:50
It's just a show up, queue for a bit, head over to the GD stand, hand over your model and entry form, pray....

dead easy...

(well, that's how it was done here in the UK....)

tzeentchgiant
09-03-2006, 15:31
Show up, in the UK you can complete the entry form before you go, but they had loads of spares at the sign up table. Fill it in to match each entry.

Then you hand it all over to the cabineters they'll tear off the receipt and give you it back. Then pray, if you get lucky you won't have to collect it until the end, if you don't they'll tanoy all non-winners to pick up their entries - not tanoy individually, just "go see if you won" sort of deal :p.

Best of luck to you :).

TG

x-esiv-4c
09-03-2006, 16:08
Thanks muchly.
Would I have to bring it in a case and leave the case with them at all? Or just hand over the model...Here you go style?

'Nothing question: In the 40k tank / squadron category, would it be beneficial to have the tank on a stand/platform? All scenic and nice? They say it's not necessary but how will that affect the judging?

tzeentchgiant
09-03-2006, 16:12
Tank wise - anything that makes it more noticable works well, although they don't judge on it, being eye catching helps.

You don't need to bring it in the case, they won't take it, you keep it and put it in a locker or something.

TG