PDA

View Full Version : Improving the warriors: Trollslayer

BigRob
24-12-2010, 14:16
Hello,

So the warrior packs, some are fantastic, some are pretty forgettable. I've been kicking some ideas about the place to bring them into line with some of the newer stuff thats being done by GW and to improve them, specifically where skills are involved, as lets face it, most of the skills available to the warriors are pretty pants.

So, lets start with the Trollslayer, everyone has him, he is in the back of the book after all (and tbh why anyone would buy the warrior pack is beyond me, 5 seconds with a pen at the absoloute minimum and he is ready to play although the mini was pretty sweet).

First, I like the gold/XP system and the heavily restricted armour, weapons, items rules. The slayer is deffinatly not the last guy you want left standing at the end of the encounter what with his no bandages rules, but equally he is tough enough he should be. Therefore these rules, and at the moment, his settlement rules, are as given in the current Slayer rules.

So, Slayer Mk2

Wounds: 1D6+10
WS: 4
BS: 6+
S: 3
T: 4
I: 2
A: 1
Pinning: 6+
WP: 3
Luck: 0

Weapon: Rune Axe (1D6+S+1 Magic Weapon, Two Handed)
Initial Equipment: D6 Stonebread, Rope.
Initial Skill: Troll Slayer
The Slayers strength is always equal to his opponents toughness unless it would normally be higher.

Special Rules:
The Trollslayer may only use the following weapons. Axe, War Hammer, War Pick, Throwing Axe, Throwing Hammer, Great Axe, Great Hammer, Great Pick. He may only use a magic weapon if it is one of these weapons.
The Trollslayer may never wear armour of any sort.
The Trollslayer will never leave the dungeon in the middle of an adventure, if the other warriors decide to escape he will take the lantern and carry on alone.

Battle Level Table
1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10
Wounds 1D6+10 +D6 +D6 +D6 +D6 +D6 +D6 +D6 +D6 +D6
WS 4 5 5 6 7 8 8 9 10 10
BS 6+ 6+ 5+ 5+ 5+ 4+ 4+ 4+ 4+ 3+
S 3 4 4 5 5 5 6 6 6 6
T 4 4 5 5 6 6 6 7 7 8
I 2 2 3 3 3 3 4 4 4 4
A 1 2 2 3 3 3 3 4 4 5
Pinning 6+ 6+ 6+ 5+ 5+ 5+ 5+ 4+ 4+ 4+
Luck 0 1 1 1 2 2 2 3 3 3
The trollslayer will gain a new skill each time he advances a level. Roll on the skill table below, re-rolling any duplicates.

Skills:
2: Skaven Slayer
The slayer gains +1A for each enemy in base contact, however he will cause no deathblows this turn. One turn per adventure.
3: Vampire Slayer
After rolling to hit but before determining damage, decare the use of this skill. All damage inflicted is doubled. One use per adventure for each battle level the Slayer has.
4: Beast Slayer
For one turn, for each of his attacks that hits, the slayer gains an additional attack. Keep rolling until he fails to hit and runs out of attacks. One use per adventure.
5: Giant Slayer
When fighting an opponent with the Large Monster rule, the slayer rolls an additional D6 damage per Title and gains +1 on his rolls to hit.
6: Dragon Slayer
The slayers attacks ignore 1 point of armour, including natural armour, for each battle level he has.
7: Deamon Slayer
On a roll of 6 to hit, The slayers attack cannot be stopped by Ignore Blow or Ignore Pain.
8: Ignore Blow
The slayer gains Ignore Blow at the following values
Novice 6+
Champion 5+
Hero 5+
Lord 4+
9: Resilient
The slayer gains Ignore Pain at the following values
Novice 1
Champion 2
Hero 4
Lord 6
10: Strike Mighty Blow
After rolling to hit but before rolling for damage, the slayer may choose to trade in any number of remaing attacks to gain +1 Damage dice per attack traded in.
11: Iron Will
The slayer gains Magic Resistance at the following values
Novice 6+
Champion 5+
Hero 4+
Lord 3+
12: Relentless
The Slayer gains Break Pinning: Auto

Given the poor formatting when cutting and pasting from MSWord, I would attatch the file but Warseer wont let me for some reason. Right lets crack on with ideas and improvements. You will notice he has 2 bits of equipment, all my new warriors will, one item, one set of healing items. You will see more of that as I post new ideas.

Suggestions needed, especially about his skills. You will notice the Slayer skills from the armylist peeking in there :D