PDA

View Full Version : Regreting selling an army

grumbaki
27-12-2010, 01:56
Here is my story: A few years ago I bought a skaven army for $100. It included about a hundred clanrats/slaves, twenty five stormvermin, a chieftain, bsb, wizard and a bunch of weapon teams. It did very well. The person who sold me the army said that he was selling it because it wasn't fun to use. After awhile I felt the same way, and preferring my dwarves I sold the army for a little over $200, feeling happy to have gotten some games in and for making a profit.

Recently, I've been wondering about it. Perhaps I should have just added some other options to it, and now I kind of regret selling them, even though it made sense at the time. Has anyone else felt this before?

EdgeDs
27-12-2010, 02:24
Well you have made double your money from the resale but even so I imagine that too replace what you sold would cost a lot more. Never sold anything I have from Games Workshop just incase I end up feeling the way you do now but really I should sort out what I have got and just keep one or two of the armies instead of having so much half arsed forces that I will probably never play.

Torpedo Vegas
27-12-2010, 02:38
I'm going to start working on Chaos Dwarfs, and I sold all of my regular dwarfs a month or two ago. Feels bad man, I'm really kicking myself over selling them.

Hedgehobbit
27-12-2010, 02:43
I solve that problem by never selling anything. I have just about every game and gaming thingy I ever bought. Now my problem is finding the stuff in the boxes upon boxes.

imperailgriffin
27-12-2010, 04:10
Never sold anything GW related in 20+ years, it is great to go back and play old games and new or try differnt armies, play campaigns using different armies.

In conclusion Never Sell keep it all.

freddieyu
27-12-2010, 05:07
Never sold anything GW related in 20+ years, it is great to go back and play old games and new or try differnt armies, play campaigns using different armies.

In conclusion Never Sell keep it all.

Yep yep...the only thing I sold before was my bret army, but then I had decided that the empire would be my human army, so it was fine..

All the other stuff? Nah kept it all....no regrets so far...

unheilig
27-12-2010, 05:11
I regret selling the 3 armies I've ever finished painting. No more. Next army I finish gets kept and added on to.

Before painting, its fair game.

SamVimes
27-12-2010, 05:31
Everything I have ever sold I regret having done so. The odd money it brought in disappeared without ever making a lasting impression, but selling them sure has. That's why what I have now will not be sold unless there really is no choice.

Bingo the Fun Monkey
27-12-2010, 05:41
I'm going to start working on Chaos Dwarfs, and I sold all of my regular dwarfs a month or two ago. Feels bad man, I'm really kicking myself over selling them.

Yea, I sold my Dwarfs (the first army I ever fully painted, 3k worth) thinking I'd never play GW games again. Then 8th came out and I've been kicking myself over selling them. The worst part was that what I sold also included all the Special Characters and the old version of the White Dwarf, too.:cries:

autarch dsaliuvid
27-12-2010, 06:08
I never sell anything. storage is starting to become a problem.

Little Joe
27-12-2010, 07:59
I had to cut down on my miniatures, so I decided to just support the three main armies I had (which included a complete rebuy in new VC and dwarf plastics). Selling all those odds and ends was a good idea for me as I can’t resist to add to it and make it into an army. That is also the reason I sold the models from IoB as soon as I saw them (looking too good and I cannot support five armies). I actually thought about going down to two armies but could not bring myself to do it.
The idea was to start with one army and work my way along to having three fully painted armies in a few years. I admit that the dwarfs I sold had a terrible paint job and I like the new models a lot better. Dwarf will be last to finish as I want to learn and hone my painting skills on the way to getting them finally done again (first army). So after about a year scouring eBay I have a huge VC army (easily twice the size it was before) on the sprue with a lot of metal cleaned and ready to be redone, a goblin army that is actually two 80% painted. The dwarf department is a strange one, almost no things bought but then again I still had a gigantic force without the plastics.
My only regrets concern the metals I sold along the way, I would rather have had some parts for conversions now, but the regrets are not many. Focussing my goals gave me a lot of new models and a huge pile of stripped models in boxes.

shelfunit.
27-12-2010, 09:30
My very first army - undead. I ended up swapping the entire classic "skeleton army" box, a "skeleton horde" box and all the undead from heroquest away for the entire range of battlemasters empire anda load of the heroquest expansion empire henchmen. Overall maybe not such a bad deal, but I did so love the 3rd edition undead army.

Rikkjourd
27-12-2010, 09:53
Bro tip: When selling an army, just keep the models that have some sort of extra value. It could be that you got that model for xmas from a family member, it was your best painted model during that time, it might fit as counts as or allied or something into your other armies and so on. Definitely makes it easier.

WarmbloodedLizard
27-12-2010, 10:04
I don't understand people selling their armies. especially when they're painted. I'd never ever think of selling one o my armies.

Artinam
27-12-2010, 11:00
Only selling some random models, never complete armies. What I would get in return would be minimal anyhow (paintingskills suck).

spiderman5z
27-12-2010, 11:05
i sort of regret selling my grey knights now that theyre gonna be getting a new armybook soon

Morkash
27-12-2010, 11:12
As most people here say, the best way to avoid regret is never to sell anything. This summer I sold around 80 Night Goblins (leaving me with zero) and roughly 50-60 Ork Boyz, leaving me with bit over 40 boyz. Back then I was happy to get some space, 2 weeks later I learned about the new rulebook...now I could hit myself for not being able to field a 2500 points army due to lack of core...

Edit: Oh yeah, there was my "Black Templars" army, almost 3k points, half painted (well, white shoulder pads...) which I sold for not even 100 euros...meh :(

CrystalSphere
27-12-2010, 12:24
I also feel the same, once i paint a model it becomes "my" property, and i never sell it. The only models i can sell are unpainted ones. As a general rule i don´t think selling armies (even unpainted) is worth it, unless you really need the money or you are very sure that you don´t want them. I miss selling my DOW even if i have no use for them now.

sigur
27-12-2010, 13:02
Recently, I've been wondering about it. Perhaps I should have just added some other options to it, and now I kind of regret selling them, even though it made sense at the time. Has anyone else felt this before?

Regrets about something I did away with because it seemed sensible at that time and now I want it back? Never. :cheese:

On a more serious note - this is why us Warseer people started suggesting not to sell armies unless you really need the money and will get good money for it a few years ago. :) I mean if you sit there with five half-done WHFB armies, you may want to get rid of one or two of them. That makes sense. And don't make such decisions (selling OR buying) dependant on rules. It's not healthy.

Haravikk
27-12-2010, 13:13
I solve that problem by never selling anything. I have just about every game and gaming thingy I ever bought. Now my problem is finding the stuff in the boxes upon boxes.
This; my only problem really is the stuff that I bought before I could paint properly (or rather before I learned the patience needed to do it right), end result is that I have ~15,000 points of hideous space marines (except the tanks, you can't go far wrong with a tank), ~5,000 points of terribly painted 5th edition Lizardmen, and ~600 points of terribly painted High Elves.

Even so, and even though most of them are woefully outdated models, I don't think I'd ever try to sell them. I probably won't try to repaint them either though, as I love all the shiny new models so if anything I'd salvage the best models, repaint them, and buy new stuff.

It's a real problem hoarding everything :D

spartan41
27-12-2010, 14:09
When I was in the sixth, seventh, and eighth grade(im 25 now) I had amassed some huge armies with my paperroute/detasseling money. Wood elves, skaven, dwarfs, chaos warriors, and a ridiculous amount of goblins. I lost interest of the hobby in highschool and early college years and sold all of my armies on ebay and to other kids for fractions of what I paid for them.

I regret selling my armies now, esp. the goblins and skaven. I have nothing to show for what I bought with the money I made for selling them off.

I do sometimes get the urge to sell off some of my warhammer collections that I feel like I went overboard on recently. In reality most of them will probably sit in my closet for years still in the shrink wrap. Like my 20+ boxes of witch elves and 20+ boxes of black guard and nearly 40 boxes of the new cold one knights(not selling the knights though) and 15 boxes of the corsairs still in shrink wrap. I have a sizeable skaven army, High elf army, wood elf army, old school lizarmen army from 5th edition model range and alot of night goblins that will probably never get painted up or even taken out of the closet. I still feel like I should hang on to them as I dont need extra money right now.

oldschoolmonk
27-12-2010, 15:25
I sell most of my armies after I have finished painting them and entered a larger tourney with them. Its not my original plan, but it always happens that way. As a result I have had a chance to model and paint 2 dark elf armies, a SOB, SM, Eldar, 2 Empire, a TK, a Cult of Slaanesh, and a bretonni army.

I am not the kind of person to regret my decisions. Its great practice for painting, and good for my overall understanding of the game. There are times when I have to play with grey figures even though I've painted for hundreds of hours, but I enjoy what I can produce when I put my mind and paint brush to work! Besides, a new army keeps things fresh and lets you try new units that didn't fit a particular theme.

Orangecoke
27-12-2010, 17:20
I've sold quite a few armies, models etc. It's how I fund my ongoing hobby - I don't look back, just forward at the next cool army Ill be painting (and getting a few games in with before they too go to eBay).

kyussinchains
27-12-2010, 17:59
I sold off most of my 6th edition Hordes of Chaos army, as well as my beastmen and several older Dark Elf bits

I found going from 5 armies to 3 quite liberating and I was surprised at how little I missed it all (If you know me personally, I'm an awful hoarder of stuff...)

I still have most of my 4th edition chaos army, but that will probably never be used in a game again... it's just that it was my first proper WFB army, it's not worth much to anyone but me (except maybe the Egrimm van horstmann on dragon model...)

I can see that selling a good sized skaven army which you picked up for peanuts for only $200 might be a tad depressing... it costs a small fortune to build a decent skaven army these days!

Hicks
27-12-2010, 18:18
I sold or traded many armies in the past and the only one I have had any regrets about was my VC army, the one I got into wargaming with. My real problem as more to do with buying armies to be frank, I really have to stop doing that.

Right now, I got 6 40K armies and a Dwarf army. None of those are 100% painted, some are even still in a nib state. I however can't sell any of those, even if it would be sensible to do so, since I don't paint or game much these days. It'll take me years to complete all of them. What's holding me back from selling them is that each one as either a couple painted or converted centerpieces, rare OOP stuff, or big numbers of hard to get bits.

Maybe someday I'll learn to live with the fact that you can live with just some great models in a display cabinet, without the absolute need of having a huge unpainted horde of the same army boxed somewhere. This day, I might sell some figs.

Chris_Tzeentch
27-12-2010, 18:45
I am constantly selling on armies, especialy if I am getting little use out of it. I regret selling most of them at various times, but I always use the money to fund the next project.

DaemonReign
27-12-2010, 19:27
Back in 4/5 Ed my friends had fairly large collections of High Elves and Chaos Dwarves that got sold off when the respective people dropped from the hobby (and eventually pretty much dropped from the "social circle" of geeks as well).

Now, if we hadn't kept the Orcs and Dwarves that other people had started collecting around this time, I am fairly sure that we wouldn't have taken up the hobby again at the beginning of 7th Ed.

Personally I would never sell anything. As far as my DoC is concerned I'd really never buy anything either - but I am not averse to filling the ranks of the other races we play with using painted bought second-hand stuff because otherwise the task of painting it all is just daunting.

Even when the day comes when actual gaming becomes scarce I imagine I'd rather get a display cabinet and rank up all my models somewhere in my house - rather than selling it all.

There's no money in it anyway, as far as I am am concerned. I mean: I might concider selling my stuff if there was a buyer willing to pay not only what I paid but also (yeah) pretty much double that price on account of the thousands of hours that's gone into painting it all. And I have no illusions of that being the case, even if all my stuffs were masterly painted which they certainly are not.

Dtrik
27-12-2010, 19:48
ugh this thread makes me nervous! Im about to sell my first complete and fully painted army I've ever had (many others have been half finished and abandoned) my ogres which I painted with a very unique scheme. The painting and basing is really just tabletop quality but there are alot of very personal conversions with plenty of sculpting and creativity I'm proud of. however playing them got very stale with MSU and after long since growing tired of fantasy my friend and I are getting back into 8th with new armies and I'm starting a beastmen army (very similar to ogres right? I still like unarmored, fast, hard hitters, I just always missed using blocks of infantry with my ogres). The thing is GW is so damn expensive now that I NEED to sell my ogres if I want to get this beastmen army off the ground, so far just have 20 something gors and some converted ungor raiders.

I really want a fresh start, the only problem is that I really love some of those conversions. I'm just going to snap some pictures to remember them by and sell them off. They've been in storage for awhile now and the big brutes could use a new home, a new paintjob, and a new general behind them. This thread will NOT dissuade me, but damn you guys are making me feel worse about selling my ogres than toy story 3 did about donating my old toys :/

Rogue
27-12-2010, 19:58
Even when the day comes when actual gaming becomes scarce I imagine I'd rather get a display cabinet and rank up all my models somewhere in my house - rather than selling it all.

Well I will believe it when I see it. Speaking from experience, it is just not the same playing a game like Rome:Total War and then playing and painting your Roman army.

OP:
I have sold a lot of things this year, mainly old models that I am not interested in and never looked back. I got into the hobby 15 years ago in the 4th edition and stopped when I was too busy and no space to play in college until I got into an apartment and then I got back into it because I now have the space to do what I need to do. The 6th edition is when I came back. Now I am one of those who is not impressed with the 8th edition and is now focusing on WAB instead of WFB.

I will never sell the armies that I have since I really do like the models a lot. When I get around to it, I will start up on my Fantasy models once again but I am in no hurry about. By that time I can take a look at the new edition and see if I like that or not. Other than that I have plenty of Romans to paint.

DigbyWeapon
28-12-2010, 12:41
Hmm. Sold a few thousand points of my chaos dwarves my brother didn't want and gave to me. Wish I had them now.

kramplarv
28-12-2010, 12:47

hear hear!! word!! +1 etc.

Lord Solar Plexus
28-12-2010, 17:57
I'm currently selling my IG army. No idea whether I will regret it in the future but since the guys all prefer Warmachine and there's nobody to play against, it's of little use to me.

Lars Porsenna
28-12-2010, 18:17
Count me in the don't sell it -- you'll regret it later crowd. Earlier this year I sold off the extra griffin, mage, swordmasters (cause I have a unit of 24 in metal already) and Skaven from the IoB box. I don't miss the extra Griff or mage (I already have a bunch of mages, though it never hurts to have extras), but somewhat regret selling off the swordmasters (in case I ever want to field 2 units...?), and moreso regret getting rid of the Skaven (which were actually traded for more IoB HEs), even though I do not collect Skaven at all. I have 5 armies too (HE, DE, WE, Dwarfs, Night Goblins), and am on the way to going up to 7 (Ogres, started, and Daemons), and sometimes have thoughts about whether this is excessive or not. But in the long run, 2 of those armies I've been collecting for some time (Dwarfs since 6e -- really 3e but I skipped 4e-5e as the models were terrible -- and HE since 4e) and an loath to divest myself of, 2 of those armies I've started in the last 2-3 years, and one is projected as my 2011 army. This is not counting the 4 armies I have for 40K. But I know if I sell any of them, I'll later regret it. The nice thing about it, though, is that if a new AB or codex comes out that is measurably better, I can simply dust off one of those armies and get to work right away...

Damon.

Malorian
28-12-2010, 18:29
Never sell if you think you might use it again in the future. Better to sit in your basement for 5 years than have to rebuy everything later.

That being said I have sold/traded armies over the years, and although I love what it got me (I traded two large 40k armies to start my 2000 point orc army) I now look back and see I would have been better off just doing some extra overtime for the cash needed and keep the armies.

Fechik
28-12-2010, 19:54
I have been playing or collecting for many years and have too many regrets about selling armies. It seems like I've built armies, painted them, gotten bored with them, and sold them.

Skaven (old school)
Vampire Counts
Empire
Orcs (twice)

Steel Legion
Space Marines
Grey Knights
Sisters of Battle
Nurgle Space Marines

I have since learned my lesson and have collected 3 more Fantasy armies Lizards, Skaven, and Brets and two 40k armies SM and Tau. I don't plan on selling any of the Fantasy armies but 40k i don't care as much about.

someone2040
29-12-2010, 00:41
I don't think I would sell any army In which I want to go back to at a later point (duh!) or have put a lot of work into.
Sure, if I was completely sick of the army, hated the new fluff or something, maybe I would sell them. But if I've put meaningful time into them, I don't think I'd sell them.

Examples of what I would sell (and am considering doing).
Old Old models : i.e painted when I first got into the hobby. My Lizardmen are kinda borderline I want to sell off the old stuff and redo them, but I'd probably wait until I have plenty of units to warrant that (rather than going back to ground zero). My Blood Angels I would, because the models are the old craptastic ones, paint on them in chunks (as it was already second hand when I got them, plus me painting over them).

Armies which I started thinking it would be cool, but later lost motivation to do them. Ogres I bought a batallion, converted a Bruiser and Butcher, painted all the Ogres (but not Gnoblars). I don't really have intention to go back to them, and if I did, not with the colour scheme I gave them.
My Space Marines I picked up when AOBR was coming out. I got about 2 tactical squads, termies, dread and captain done, but don't have a good picture in mind of where I want the army to go.

Odd bits and bobs. Yeah, plenty of stuff I've picked up because they were cheap on ebay, or I had a cool idea to convert a bloodbowl team or something. Not truly armies though.

boogle
29-12-2010, 00:56
Just attempted to sell off all but 2 of my Armies (still have some Dwarfs, Night goblins and Space Marines), do i regret it - absolutely not, I made more money than it cost me to buy and now allows me to concentrate on 1 40k army which I love and enjoy lavashing attention on and also work on my Dark Elves (which seem to be the only WFB army that 'feels right' (Chaos Dwarfs notwithstanding)), and my Orlocks, i amassed too much over the years and ended up spreading myself too thin.

EDIT: The only time i've regretted selling anything was selling my Elysian army the 1st time round, and that was only sold as it was the only saleable asset I had at the time, and i needed the cash to move from one end of the country to the other

jack da greenskin
29-12-2010, 01:14
I don't think I'll sell anything, but I'm not opposed to it, IF I make up for the initial cost of buying it (Talking painted armies).

I just traded away a LOTRSBG collection for pennies. Some of it was in ok condition, some of it wasnt. I was never going to use it, and the guy I gave it to might. I may regret it later, but I cant see myself having an urge to start a rivendell elf army anytime soon, as no-one plays it and I'm not terribly good at painting true-scale models.

Trading off units I've acquired is something I do regularly. Selling off semi-finished armies, however, is a big no-no. You will only get a fraction of what you payed for it, and may want to go back to it later.

There are some people who just build up massive collections of the same army (here's my 8k of dwarves.) and there are some who buy and collect to a list before moving on. I amass a collection of the same race, but each army has a different theme and clan. If I get bored of my dread mob I might sell it, but not before it's painted and not if I wont get what its worth to me.

OR collect OOP armies, whose price will remain constant. PRAETORIANS ftw!!

Urgat
29-12-2010, 05:09
Well I've only ever sold my Tau, and I don't regret it because I won't play 40k again. I've also spent a good deal of money on other armies I ultimately won't play (lizarmden come to mind, a lot of metals that was back in 5th). Well I still haven't sold anything, because, quite franckly, selling an army is not the kind of pocket change that would pull me out of the street if I needed money anyway, right? If I was at the point I NEEDED to sell my army, I sure wouldn't regret it obviously (it's your army or no meal for a week? Hmm, let me think about it... not). So to sum up, I'm like Hedgehobbit (well, the aprt about not selling, not the rest ;) ).

Winterfell
29-12-2010, 05:22
Well I hope I dont get the regret bug but since selling my orks lead to funding my new High Elf army I consider it all to the good! Plus seeing as how they were my first army they weren't painted that well and I would not have wanted to strip and repaint all those figures. Hopefully I will never sell my HE but if it leads to a new army that I love all the more then its only a plus in my book.

hashrat
04-01-2011, 16:46
Its the other way for me at the moment, I regret buying Dwarves, hindsight is a wonderful thing.
I could have 2 times as many DE.
I could have spent it on Skaven.

Instead I have an army I can't be arsed with, not quite finished and I lack the drive to do so.

BigbyWolf
04-01-2011, 17:05
Instead I have an army I can't be arsed with, not quite finished and I lack the drive to do so.

Is there any particular reason for this? I got the impression a few of the 8th edition tweaks made the Stunties a more attractive option these days? Still, the beauty of this hobby means that should you try to sell/ trade them on Ebay or Warseer, there's a good chance someone will snap 'em up (but not me, my inner-Greenskin would never forgive me!).

I've never sold an army, I've got rid of a few classic units/ models along the way when better, newer versions have come out (or when they got rare enough to be worth parting with...). Unfortunately I have had several armies stolen in the past (all at once), but sold...NEVER!

Kaos
04-01-2011, 21:19
I have major regrets about selling my old Orcs and Goblins, over 5k of Dark Elves (unpainted but just a couple months later the current Dark Elf Armybook was released and suddenly i wanted them back) for not much at all and an All Slaanesh Army plus more of Hordes of CHaos that i painted up pretty good.

I am never going to sell an army again. Period! Especially not now when it takes around 100 times longer time for me to paint one up with kids and all hehe..

Cheers-Kaos

hashrat
04-01-2011, 22:25
Is there any particular reason for this? I got the impression a few of the 8th edition tweaks made the Stunties a more attractive option these days? Still, the beauty of this hobby means that should you try to sell/ trade them on Ebay or Warseer, there's a good chance someone will snap 'em up (but not me, my inner-Greenskin would never forgive me!).

I've never sold an army, I've got rid of a few classic units/ models along the way when better, newer versions have come out (or when they got rare enough to be worth parting with...). Unfortunately I have had several armies stolen in the past (all at once), but sold...NEVER!

I bought the Dwarves for 7th, wich I never actually played.
I bought them because I like the fluff for Dwarves in most fantasy settings, but found the actual Dwarf Army book a little boring.

I always wanted DE due to my Druchii obsession and in addition to liking the fluff I like the models, I also find them more capable of offering variety in battle, with Dwarves it will always be a stubborn and ponderous assault and each battle will be very similar to the last.

It took me 2 minutes to choose a colour scheme for the DE, I still can't pick one for the Dwarves.

Its nothing to do with how good or bad they perform, just aesthetic I think, still 20 hammerers and a Anvil and they are done, so I might aswell.

So far I have.
Brettonia, their FAQ basically reads, Stop doing that! Stop doing this aswell! And delete everything else!
Still they were my first army, are 3 buys from completion.
The lance is a double edged blade and our infantry suck, our special and rare troops are overpriced and expensive too (££)
However they look nice, I like painting them and they are still fun to use, unique aswell.

Empire
Colourfull, well supported model range, enjoyable fluff and fun to play!
I like painting them aswell.
Variable tactics and a jack of all trades.

Dark Elves
Look great, fun to paint, unforgiving to use but rewarding when used well.
Fuel my Druchii passion and a few necessary conversions aside not too painful on the wallet.

Orcs and Goblins
I hate painting Night Goblins! It never ends lol.
Fun army, utterly unreliable and very random, a real joy to use and collect.
Sadly lacking in magic items, but a new book on the way.

Skaven
Same as Orcs and Goblins really , but newer models, more interesting fluff and more magic items.
I look forward to starting them

Dwarves
Ermm..
I liked the Gotrek and Felix books (sorry)
They work well in 8th and have tons of magic items.
200 slow moving midgets with 4 cannons isn't playing any differently to 180 midgets with 6 cannons.
I like making sweeping changes, from fast cav, to gunline to mixed etc, etc.
Sweeping changes to Dwarves doesn't feel like even slight change.

So they go bottom of my list and this is why I view them with regret.
Those ££ could have payed for so many things I can't wait to get, rather than something dusty that might be more interesting when I have an anvil. Might.

Win or lose isn't a factor, it's having fun playing before I spend 2 hours packing up and for some reason I haven't discovered that fun with Dwarves yet.

pointyteeth
04-01-2011, 23:08
Growing up, I never sold an army. My gaming group was big on trading so when one of us got tired of an army, we'd trade someone for theirs. Last October I was cleaning out my closet and decided to sell off my scratchbuilt chaos dwarf army since I never used it and needed some cash. It actually sold for a ridiculous amount on eBay, but for some reason it didn't get through french customs and was returned to me...in shards...Now I have no chaos dwarves, had to refund the guy his money, and am still arguing with the postal service over getting paid for the insurance. Must be karma. In short, never sell an army!

TrojanWolf
05-01-2011, 04:02
The only army I've sold is just under 1k of Vampire Counts that I started due to a very rash decision. I played a few games with them, decided that they weren't something I liked and sold them to someone else who was starting a VC army. I don't regret it in the least.

The only other army I might consider selling is my Tau. I'm far too attached to my Dark Eldar and Orks, I haven't done enough with the few Necrons that I've got to judge on them, I don't believe I'd ever sell my WoC and I sure as hell would never even consider selling even the most miserable Skinkslave from my Skaven.

I've got a few Dwarfs now, so at the moment they fall into the same category as the Necrons.

Scythe
05-01-2011, 09:38
Never sold an army. I am too attached to my armies and the long hours that have gone into assembling and painting them, that I cannot really give one up, even though some armies tend to get used less often at certain times. And honestly, as long as I don't desperately need extra money, I see no reason to sell. Over the years, I have become quite attached to my large collection of models. A friend of mine lately asked me to sell some old metal daemonettes when he found out I have more than 20 lying around (despite me not having a daemon army). I refused; I bought the models at the time because I loved them, and disliked the new plastic daemonettes when they appeared, so I stocked up on the metal ones. One day, they'll find a place in one of my armies; their time will come ;)

RMacDeezy
09-01-2011, 13:56
you realize they sell for $6-8 apiece right? lol

enyoss
10-01-2011, 02:59
I don't understand people selling their armies. especially when they're painted. I'd never ever think of selling one o my armies.

Me too. When I die my all metal 4th ed. High Elf army is going in the coffin with me, with the added bonus of making my pallbearer mates' lives that bit more difficult.