PDA

View Full Version : Using Beastmen/Deamons in WoC army: some ideas

Gandalf the Gay
27-12-2010, 12:20
Hey,

I know that a lot of people are dissapointed(myself included) in the division between the three "Chaos" armies, so I came up with some ideas for proxying.

Beastmen Gors: Obvious marauders

Centigors:Marauder Horsemen

Minotaurs: Ogres, maybe even Dragon Ogres

Cygor: Hellcannon, perhaps?

Bloodletters: Forsaken, or Marauders of Khorne with GW

Fiend of Slaanesh/Beast of Nurgle: Spawn of Chaos of either mark

Lord of Change: Sorcerer of Tzeentch on Dragon? Especially good for Kairos, as the 2 heads would kill any sign of breath weapon controversy.

Keeper of Secrets: Shaggoth

Does anyone have any idea of how you can use fury models? They could be harpies in a Beastmen army, of course, but WoC?

Rikkjourd
27-12-2010, 13:06
As long as it is clear what is what, I don't think anyone would object to these ideas. We have had several threads on this subject.

Botjer
27-12-2010, 13:19
I had a plan to make a WOC list using beastmen as marauders.

logan054
27-12-2010, 13:31
You know I would actually be tempted to use bloodletters as Chosen ( I think I would use some of the older models).

mrtn
27-12-2010, 14:14
I use gors as marauders and centigors as marauder horsemen, but I would only recommend the latter if you have the models, since they're hideously expensive (they were too expensive when I bought them 4 years ago, now they cost 25% more... :rolleyes: ). I also have a daemon prince that work part time as a jabberslythe, and a razorgor chariot that works as a MoN chariot.

Morkash
27-12-2010, 16:56
I use Pestigors as Chosen of Nurgle in my WoC, and Gor/the old Herd box are very tempting to use as Marauders. 6th Edition Bloodletters would indeed be nice Chosen of Khorne...
The Keeper could be a Slaaneshi giant, he still has ASF. :)

Seville
27-12-2010, 17:06
Hey,

I know that a lot of people are dissapointed(myself included) in the division between the three "Chaos" armies, so I came up with some ideas for proxying.

Beastmen Gors: Obvious marauders

Centigors:Marauder Horsemen

Minotaurs: Ogres, maybe even Dragon Ogres

Cygor: Hellcannon, perhaps?

Bloodletters: Forsaken, or Marauders of Khorne with GW

Fiend of Slaanesh/Beast of Nurgle: Spawn of Chaos of either mark

Lord of Change: Sorcerer of Tzeentch on Dragon? Especially good for Kairos, as the 2 heads would kill any sign of breath weapon controversy.

Keeper of Secrets: Shaggoth

Does anyone have any idea of how you can use fury models? They could be harpies in a Beastmen army, of course, but WoC?

Yes, absolutely. I currently use beastmen as marauders and minotaurs as dragon ogres. They work perfectly. I've often thought of using Bloodletters as Forsaken.

This hobby is limited only by your imagination! :)