PDA

View Full Version : challange and the assasin

AUN'SHI
28-12-2010, 08:06
Something that boggles the mind. An assasin accepting a challange:wtf: I mean they don't have any honor why must they accept.

Shadow blade pops out of a unit he's about to kill his target then the champion yells challange. He stops and has to fight the champion in 1 on 1 to the death straying from his mission.:cries:

He was to be the chosen one lol. I guess 1 can argue that the lords faithful champ jumps to protect his lord. But the assasin would not stop his course to fight this measly obsticle. He'd still go for his mark imo.

Gorak
28-12-2010, 08:12
he gets shot by a boltpistol? sorry dude wrong forum.

dragonet111
28-12-2010, 08:17
It seems it's the wrong part of the forum:) (or it is the morning and I fail to understand:)).

You can also see the champion stepping to protect his liege. He is going to die but He will win the few minutes/seconds his lord needs to properly face the assassin.

AUN'SHI
28-12-2010, 08:22
shizzz sorry guys wrong forum :( can I move it?

Iuris
28-12-2010, 08:30
Well, while we're at it... given what an assassin is in 40k... WHO WOULD CHALLENGE ONE?

Nubl0
28-12-2010, 13:16
A dark eldar succubi? Pretty good trophy imo. ;P

Lord of Divine Slaughter
28-12-2010, 14:46
Something that boggles the mind. An assasin accepting a challange:wtf: I mean they don't have any honor why must they accept.

Shadow blade pops out of a unit he's about to kill his target then the champion yells challange. He stops and has to fight the champion in 1 on 1 to the death straying from his mission.:cries:

He was to be the chosen one lol. I guess 1 can argue that the lords faithful champ jumps to protect his lord. But the assasin would not stop his course to fight this measly obsticle. He'd still go for his mark imo.

Obviously, you're mistaking DE values and your own.

Of course the assassin takes his time to kill the measly champion and install fear in his prey, before going for the kill. DE is about sadism and pain, not about boring efficiency :p

AUN'SHI
29-12-2010, 05:35
maybe...... But that would make assasins kinda usless they are not really equipped for dueling. They are there to kill and be out.

Espically shadow blade hes no common assasin.

Lord of Divine Slaughter
29-12-2010, 11:16
With 5-7 WS10 KB attacks, ASF and I10, I'd say that assassins are quite fit for a little duel :)

And besides, if you feel your assassins are getting tied up fighting pointless duels with champions, then I'd advise that you devise a plan to avoid this.

asphodel
31-12-2010, 19:55
I definitely need a rules clarification for this one, since it's been bugging me too (though with reg assassins).

If I have a unit champion and an assassin attacking a unit with a champ and a hero, is there any way for me to pit my assassin against the hero? If my champ challenges first, he'll get the hero, but if it's my assassin then he'll have to hack apart the champ first. It's fairly annoying and, I think, against the spirit of the assassin (maybe this will get fixed in the 8th ed army book?).

@OP, so I agree with you that it's a dumb rule, but I guess it's unavoidable.

the_slosh
31-12-2010, 23:35
you don't have to call any challenges...
Just wait for your opponent to do so and just accept with the character that is more suitable (hero for hero, champ for champ etc.)
This of course requires you to have both, but DE should have no problems fitting in champions