PDA

View Full Version : Are they phasing out the Dark Angels veteran set?

ORKY ARD BOYZ
28-12-2010, 11:17
Browsing throguh gamesworkshop's website I found:

http://www.games-workshop.com/gws/catalog/productDetail.jsp?catId=cat440160a&prodId=prod900140a

A Dark Angel Chapter upgrade frame that's from the veterans set. Does that mean they're getting rid of the box sets?

burning crome
28-12-2010, 11:43
No that frame has alway (well you could get it about three mouths after the main DA release). It all way been the cheap way of getting a combat squad offically since you get five complet marains as long as you don't mind the DA iconigaphy

edit I just noted that they've put this on advanced order and change the price so it might be only half of what you use to get at an increased price. the old set was priced at 12 and might have got you 10 bodys.

TheWarmaster
28-12-2010, 11:43
No, that set has existed for as long as the 4th edition DA codex has.

E: Damn, ninja'd!
E2: So the bastards have stopped putting two frames in the set! Outrageous!

DCLXVI
28-12-2010, 11:56
E2: So the bastards have stopped putting two frames in the set! Outrageous!
Yup, two frames for 15 before, now its 16. Not much of a price rise, but you know...

TheWarmaster
28-12-2010, 12:33
Yup, two frames for 15 before, now its 16. Not much of a price rise, but you know...

Wow, their conversion rates are way off, it says 10,50 euro for a sprue, it's still a bargain for the bits and stuff.

LonelyPath
28-12-2010, 13:03

It was 2 frames for 12. Even at 16 for 2 frames it's still the cheapest way to get marines with a fair amount of options.

AlphariusOmegon20
28-12-2010, 16:46
Makes sense that they changed it. For $20 you got two frames and 10 guys. The Veteran box was $25 and you got one 1 sprue and 5 guys.

Which do you think people are going to buy?

burning crome
28-12-2010, 17:55
you might want to note that the old set is still listed on the website (that where i got the prices from) so if you want to save your're self four quid now would be the time before the new one is released.

If you want to find it just go on the DA listing and it one of the options on the right.

ok to get to it you go on the DA section on the GW webside and then click any of the option listed (vet squad/ one of the HQ) to get their info page. And then the old upgrade kit appares on the right as one of the recommend other items.

LonelyPath
28-12-2010, 18:51
Thanks burning chrome for the heads up about that :)

Hmmm... may be time to buy the last 20 robes marines I need to finish off the DA 3rd company.

EDIT - Nope, they're updated the listing to the advance order.