PDA

View Full Version : [MORD]Lizardmen band.

Pokpoko
17-03-2006, 23:18
as the title suggests-i'll be playing(and sort of,GM'ing)a campaign set in Empire in Flames setting, and i'v been thinking about playing Lizzies from the Lustria rules (fluff aside,it's perfectly ok to say that they were sent on a Very Important And Downright Vital Mission by their Frog)
i'v been wondering-what are your thoughts on them? i'v heard some contraditory opinions-some say they suck, some say they are too powerful with basic two attacks. i'm somewhere in the middle, as i think they may have slight edge in the very beggining, but as the other warbands will evolve they have somewhat limited numbers of real fighters(skinks are not real fighters by any means:p ),and no serious firepower to speak of.
so,i'm just curious-anyone played with/agains them and have some comments to share?

McMullet
18-03-2006, 12:31
Shooting in Mordheim isn't that powerful, but skink javelins can be nasty, especially with the cheap poison that they have access to. If they get a BS and and strenght upgrade, they hit on a basic 3+ and wound on 2s...

Saurus are quite powerful, the main problem is that they seem to be undercosted by a factor of 2. For 40 points you get a powerful statline, which is worth 40 points already IMHO, PLUS they effectively get a free suit of heavy armour (worth 50 points) due to their scaly skin. The bite-attack-last rule is also very nasty, as it means you can knock your opponent down with your first attack(s) and then take him out with the bite.

All in all, I would say that there are a couple of things that need to be toned down in the list, and a couple of things that need to be recosted. I have had mixed results playing them, but the mix ranges from average performance to being really powerful. They've never done badly.

XxboxX
19-03-2006, 06:31
i've played them,

but i didnt like the feeling of them at all.
i didnt do terribly but i didnt do as good as i normally do with my possessed,

i also felt like they didnt belong,
like lizzies just feel really out of place to me in mordheim.

ashc
20-03-2006, 21:16
i am with XxboxX, they do feel a bit out of place within any of the other settings for the skirmish games.

They come across as fairly weak to be quite honest, but then i have never seen them played; namely because people view them as no where near as good as pretty much any of the other warbands.

Ash

Inquisitor Konig
18-04-2006, 08:39
ive seen lizardmen walk over my sisters time and time again... but that was at the beggining of the campain. by the end the lizardmen have a realy lack of good fighters even compared to humans. the kroxigor is really good however and cold ones as mounts are a lot of fun... even if you can only give them to skinks.