PDA

View Full Version : What will the New Necron Sculpts be?

GrottoKnight
30-12-2010, 22:51
I have scoured the rumour posts on WAR and BOLS over time am am really itching to start Necrons. I figured buying the basic battle force and a lord would be safe to start but is it? After seeing the DE release total overhaul wouldn't it be likely they even redo the basic necron warrior or the destroyer. I could see the FLayed ones coming in one box with warriors and not eing Flayed anymore but more of a Warrior with claws and no skin that get rending. This has me thinking about holding off until March. I could proxy stuff ,with my buddies, and use AT43 Therians for Warriors and wraiths and AT43 UNA tacarms for Immortals. Need some help here...what would you do?

Signed
Married Dad with 2 +1 on the way and tight on $$$ BUT could save until new launch BUT am about to start a hobby driven 40k campaign with 8 buddies

ForgottenLore
30-12-2010, 22:59
Well, here is what the current Necron rumor thread from Stickmonkey says

Tau and Necrons are still a long way off, so no one go off the deep end in excitement. I have done what vetting I can on these, but it is way too early to not have loads of salt on hand.

Necrons
All Immortal based models being redone. Because Destroyers, Lords, etc. were supposedly based on the immortal "chassis" and that has been redone "bigger", its a cascade effect. However, skimmer body base not expect to change.
plastic Tomb Spyder box to make TS or variant.

Thread found here and still daily active.

http://www.warseer.com/forums/showthread.php?t=276599

Necromion
30-12-2010, 23:30
I might also suggest that you look at the more current rumor post from stickmonkey found here http://www.warseer.com/forums/showthread.php?t=286432

Shnerg
31-12-2010, 12:14
A Battleforce and a Lord, I think, is a good way to start.

For Immortals, there is a tutorial to turn two warriors into an Immortal: http://www.40konline.com/community/index.php?topic=149189.0

For Wraiths, try this: http://www.librarium-online.com/forums/modelling/110660-necron-wraith-conversion.html

Lord Damocles
31-12-2010, 13:47
Frankly, the various rumour threads (most of which ended up here as wishlisting, or were locked...) haven't actually had all that many rumours in them; and what rumours thay have contained have been pretty generic and reasonably obvious (metal -> plastic models. Really? I could never have guessed that :eyebrows:), or have been regurgitated echoes from long ago (Essence of C'tan (Dawn of Wars), giant Necron construct (Setekh), new vehicles (experimental Epic list) etc.). Some rumours which should have bourne fruit by now (BL publications showcasing new units/themes) haven't come to pass either.

Personally I wouldn't put too much faith in the current (and past :shifty:) batch(es) of rumours as far as Necrons are concerned.

That said, it wouldn't be surprising to see plasic Flayed Ones/Wraiths/Immortals/Tomb Spyder (pick two or three), a new metal Lord blister, and possibly a re-cut Destroyer sprue to remove the only current hybrid kit.
There certainly doesn't seem to be any evidence to suggest that the Necrons would undergo the sort of wholesale redesign that the Dark Eldar went through.

GrottoKnight
31-12-2010, 22:25
Very interesting Intel gentelmen. It seems like I may be safe to get a battle force and a lord. I may buy new or get it from barter town/ebay.

jack da greenskin
01-01-2011, 03:07
I'd hold off. If you dont have much hobby time (kids and all), and you're unlikely to get a 1500pt future codex legal list completed and painted by octoberish, you are going to be kicking yourself for buying a bunch of minis that have become dated, and look fairly crap when compared with the new ones, which you will inevatibly have to buy in order to legalize your list.

They might not change the concept, but they will change the models nevertheless. Look at DE wyches, almost exact concept, but the change is drastic.

Proxy if you're dead set on necrons, but IMO, you will waste a lot of money and end up with nothing decent to show. I'm not trying to be harsh or anything, but you could spend that money on something else you want/need, and then get necrons in a years time.

Darnok
01-01-2011, 03:17
I do not think that the Battleforce is a bad thing to start with. Whatever GW might change: warriors, destroyers and scarabs will still be useful. Get the box, and a lord of your choice, and start playing.

As far as I know, Necrons will get a new codex in 2011, so there ain't too much time to wait. Most of the current plastis models are likely to stay. So get it started.

Clang
01-01-2011, 04:58
Now could be a good time to buy second hand necron models, at least in plastic - they're unlikely to get brand new versions (although some might get recut sprues for some new weapons or other options). Keep an eye out for bargains.

As others have said, we're expecting new plastic replacements for an unknown number of existing metals, and I wouldn't be surprised to see at least one cool new unit in plastic.

SgtTaters
01-01-2011, 07:00
I have this itch that tells me new Necrons will resemble the Michael Bay movie Transformers to bring in a new audience.

GrottoKnight
01-01-2011, 23:38
Thank you for all your input. I am going to try and get a second hand force by trading and saving my $ until a big launch. Back when I first started in the mid 90's I could spend a bunch of $ no big deal but now with the family and house that is harder to do and I have had to scale back the # of games I play as well as the # of armies. I am just going to get something so I can scratch the surface and save up for a big launch and be able to buy all the NEW then.

intX
11-01-2011, 19:54
I have this itch that tells me new Necrons will resemble the Michael Bay movie Transformers to bring in a new audience.

Heaven help us if that is the case. I love my necrons and don't want what good GW has done to be destroyed by that vision.