PDA

View Full Version : Popular and Unpopular Forces

The Inevitable One
31-12-2010, 11:39
Due to the release of new models and codices, which sometimes shifts a persons mind into picking another army, I was wondering which ones are as of now popular and which ones are not? If you could state which one(s) and why, it would be much appreciated.

Polaria
31-12-2010, 11:49
At least where I'm from its marines of all colors and names.

Morkash
31-12-2010, 11:50
If you combine ALL Space Marine chapters into one vote, it has to be them. I heard sometime ago, that Space Marine sales are almost as high as the overall LotR (or was it even WHF?) sales.
Almost half of the 40k armies are Marines and one of the new codices is ALWAYS marines, so they have to be the most popular.
I voted for Orks, though...Orkzes neva lose!

eyescrossed
31-12-2010, 11:53
Space Marines. No contest.

Castigator
31-12-2010, 11:55
Imperial Guard? Missing in your poll.

IG Vendetta Spam actually outnumbered PA-armies at last years Adepticon. Any minor tournament I visit, tables are filled with Chimera-car-parks. Forgeworld more or less runs its business selling stuff for the Guard.

IG, I am sure, is fairly far "up there" with Marines. If there is one army that would potentially challenge Marines in their popularity (at least locally), it is Guard in my experience.

Kurisu313
31-12-2010, 12:00
This is a bit pointless, really.

Even as seperate entities, space marines would probably win. As a combined whole, it's laughable to imagine that they wouldn't win.

And then, you leave out Guard, who are the only other contender! Humans buy humans. They make tribute armies to real world ones. They have a huge range and a strong codex.

Sorry if this seems rude, but IMHO, this is quite obvious.

The Inevitable One
31-12-2010, 12:17
It's cool, I understand. While I was away from the computer a lot of the things that you were stating popped up in my mind (forgetting IG, clumping all Space Marines togeather, etc). Sorry about this.

Thread closed.