PDA

View Full Version : Galadhrim Warriors Problem

Adyger
31-12-2010, 23:15
What do other players do with the 8 Galadhrim warriors that come equipped with spears and shields for War of the Ring? Do you just count them as being armed with glaives? I know the metal ones were the only ones available when War of the Ring was released, but it seems strange that there is no hand weapon and shield option in the book...

- V -
01-01-2011, 09:21
Are we talking SBG?

The Marshel
01-01-2011, 09:31
well he did say for war of the ring.

is there no realistic option to match their wargear in wotr then? makes me wonder why they even came into existence if thats the case, given galadhrim warriors were only able to take spears after the plastics were released and i dont recall any with spears in two towers

never the less, the general vibe i get around here is that people dont mind a bit of count as, so just put 4 with glaives in front of 4 with spears and shields and you should be right

- V -
01-01-2011, 10:42
Hmm Internationaly hangover-day :D.
Well either use them as galadhrim with shields. Or use them as standins in the back-row :)

Tarax
01-01-2011, 12:39
Or use them as Guards of the Galadhrim Court. They have pikes.
Note that the picture with the High Elf Cohort shows the metal models with spears, which they don't have, according to their profile.
Just go through the army list to see which unit they could represent.

Adyger
01-01-2011, 14:30
Okay, thanks. I thought about using them as guards of the galadhrim court too and having the spears count as pikes...but they also have shields molded on, and the guards have no options for shields! They really do not seem to fit anywhere in the elf forces for War of the Ring, but the counts as rules should work.

brain_dead_1st
01-01-2011, 17:10
Galadhrim without spears have no place in SBG since they were forced to take elven blade, and those with spears have to place in WOTR...
Good work GW :)

But more positively I use my spears as a 2nd rank of glaives in WOTR, no one has ever complained.

TBH never stick shields on if you can help it, blue tac is the win as then you can go w/ or w/out shields

Svorlrik
01-01-2011, 22:52
It does say somewhere in the War of the Ring rulebook that not all weapons must be the same, as long as the unit generally represents what it it supposed to be carrying.

Therefore having a mixture of glaive and spear/shield elves is perfectly acceptable for a unit equipped with Glaives and Shields.

Tarax
02-01-2011, 10:04
...but they also have shields molded on, and the guards have no options for shields!

Looking at my models, they do not have the shield moulded on. The are seperate and optional. Maybe the metal models, but you speak of 8 models, so I assume the plastics.
And Galadhrim warriors HAVE options for shields.

Adyger
02-01-2011, 21:27
Looking at my models, they do not have the shield moulded on. The are seperate and optional. Maybe the metal models, but you speak of 8 models, so I assume the plastics.
And Galadhrim warriors HAVE options for shields.

You're right, I thought the shields were molded on (at least a couple of them), but they are separate. I did know that they were allowed shields, but they aren't allowed to not have glaives! That was the weird part for me...or using the spears as counts as pikes...now that I know the shields are all separate, I could use the spear models as guards of the Ghaldrim Court. Thanks

dave85uk
16-02-2011, 22:37
tbh i still puhcase the "haldir elves" they look smarter. Spearelves look awful and i don't need the bowman (use Wood elves) so no point in buying the box set for 20 quid when i can get the ones i need.