PDA

View Full Version : Orc's and magic

tezza21
01-01-2011, 14:30
Hey guys i just asking to find out if O&G are any good at spells and if they are any good at handaling enamy magic attacks ?

Stuffburger
01-01-2011, 16:29
Our spell lists not one of our strengths but as far as I know they aren't bad either. Waaagh! (the spell) can still win you a game if it goes off at the right time, though it's not as good as it was in 7th edition.

With the staff of sneaky stealin' (take an opponents power die and make it a DD) and mork's totem (add the units ranks to DD) we can basically shut down anything not IFed.

w3rm
01-01-2011, 16:57
A Night Goblin Level 4 and Night Goblin Level 2 gives you every spell in that wonderful lore.

1st spell- Not great but a nice cheap magic missile
2nd spell- excellent 2d6 str 4 hits and easy to get off
3rd spell- Very very good makes your troops immune to killing blow and poison and makes it harder for the enemy to hit you
4th spell- excellent sniping spell with a great str value. Good for killing small units or lone chars.
5th spell- nice for fanatic sniping enemy wizards or getting a game winning charge
6th spell- wonderfull for killing monsters and the like

Those two and and a orc warboss with the wizard hat will give you an excellent magic phase.

Razakel
01-01-2011, 17:22
As a Dwarf player I can shut down a lot of Greenskin magic, but like a lot of things in the Greenskin army, when it works, it REALLY works, and when it feels like going wrong, nothing will work for you.

In particular though two spells that I found were hideously effective with the correct timing and a bit of luck from Gork & Mork were (I think): Gork'll Fixit, and the spell that throws a unit forward (usually into combat). I think its called Waaaagh! Though I'm not totally sure.

Correctly used those two spells have the potential to be game changers. They won't end it Purple Sun or Dwellers Below style, but the will tip the odds in your favour and they are certainly worth using.

tezza21
01-01-2011, 17:39
awsome i'm going to get a night gobbo shamen just gotta find a mini for him

w3rm
01-01-2011, 17:43
Skull Pass, A warboss kit and two boxes of orcs will give you a very nice starting point for an orc army.

snottlebocket
01-01-2011, 19:11
They're competent. Solid spell list and plenty of items for generating and denying dice.

Who knows what it's like in three months when the new book comes out.