PDA

View Full Version : Bjorn and Calgar - Where can I discuss about re-packed figures?

prowla
06-01-2011, 15:22
So there's the news that GW has re-packed some of their Honor Guard figures and now they are available on pre-order. No wait, it seems it doesn't classify as "news" since they aren't "new", even though they are new as products and appearance of such new products or return of old models does classify as "news".. so I cannot talk about it in News & Rumors, even though it's news, which apparently means that the forum is apparently called "News and Rumors (about NEW GW models, which in turn are no longer news if they actually are in preorder/sale anywhere)", but someone has left the latter part out. Well, apparently I have to stick them to General 40k, then.

After that rant, does anyone think that the Bjorn the Fell-handed is going to sell? Why re-release a expensive metal model, that's basically a dread with a few Wolves bitz on it? On the other hand, I'm happy to see the Honor Guard sold individually, makes for cool captains/sergeants/whatnot. But why no standard bearer?

The Clairvoyant
06-01-2011, 16:44
you re-release bjorn because its an amazing model. There was always something very cool about the metal dreads and thats mostly cos it weighs so much. You really felt like you were getting something for your money when you bought one. Admittedly, it was only 20 quid back then rather than 36 for the rerelease!
I'm hoping they rerelease the standard metal dread so i can buy another one

nedius
06-01-2011, 16:49
I can understand your rant - even though they are not new models, their re-release is news, and as such seems justifable as being in the 'news' forum. Even if it's been announced on the GW website, it's still news, as not everyone will check the gw blog daily. Mind, Warseer is more permissive than many forums I've visited.

Anyway, I don't think Bjorn will see huge sales. Calgar may do, as well as the honour guard, maybe even nial.

Bjorn can be easily replicated with the dreadnough or venerable dreadnought sets and spares from the SW sets.

Chem-Dog
06-01-2011, 16:53
I'm not sure of the specifics of what happened in the rumour section but re-releases tend not to get too much of a look in as there really isn't all that much to discuss within the perview of rumour discussion. Models that already exist are being put in different packaging and sold (probably at an increased price) again. After that statement of fact, where do we go? In short, it's old news.

Bjorn's release is not unwelcome, I'm sure there are a few people who'd appreciate a SW themed Dread to go with their SW army and given the comparative price of FW resin (40 plus for a complete dread) or GW plastics (around the 27 mark), I don't see that it's all that expensive either (at 36), it might give you a hernia if you lug it about too much though.
I'm not sure why Calgar has been repackaged, I'm assuming it's because he's now direct only.
Honourguard...I'm assuming they're released outside of the boxed set to allow players to make a bigger Honour Guard Squad without having to buy the box multiple times (and thus having a spares of Calgar, the Standard and Champion. As to why the flag's not available...the cynic in me says it's because they really want you to buy the box, but perhaps it's just too big to fit in a normal sized blister?

The Champion's a pretty funky model that can be used in other roles in a SM army, Captain, Sergeant ect, if I could figure out a good way of removing all that blasted UM iconography I might buy one to make a Captain for my IF's (which currently have something in the region of seven or eight captains).

MajorWesJanson
06-01-2011, 17:02
I'm not sure why Calgar has been repackaged, I'm assuming it's because he's now direct only.
Honourguard...I'm assuming they're released outside of the boxed set to allow players to make a bigger Honour Guard Squad without having to buy the box multiple times (and thus having a spares of Calgar, the Standard and Champion. As to why the flag's not available...the cynic in me says it's because they really want you to buy the box, but perhaps it's just too big to fit in a normal sized blister?

Honor Guard needs multiples, and are nice models.
Standard is bloody huge, no way it would fit in a blister. He's at least as tall as a dreadnought.
Champion again is another nice model that can be used for other things.
Calgar is not the same one as the box set, but the old PA version. The box set still is the only place to get TACalgar and the standard.

Matt.Wood88
06-01-2011, 17:30
Just one thing, if it is direct only, it won't come in a blister, but rather the new bags they are using for single models, which are big enough to fit any single model in, maybe even two or three...
Cheers
Matt

MajorWesJanson
06-01-2011, 17:45
Just one thing, if it is direct only, it won't come in a blister, but rather the new bags they are using for single models, which are big enough to fit any single model in, maybe even two or three...
Cheers
Matt

New bags? Huh. Last time I got direct it was citadel blisters and boxes. Now they are doing bags like Forge World?

Matt.Wood88
06-01-2011, 22:51
Yeah, luckily :)
The last 4 or 5 mail orders I have gotten of mail order only models they came in the bags, like the forge world small ones, same size as the ones the dread weapons come in...
Which is handy :D
And they are great for keeping bits in too :D
Cheers
Matt

AndrewGPaul
06-01-2011, 23:06
So, Bjorn doesn't come with a standard - that's easy enough, since it's a separate bit. However, Calgon and Nigel both had backpacks with integral banner poles. Have those been remastered (Njal's pack being the same one as comes with Ulrik) to remove them?

Now I've got a bit of a decision to make - paint Njal and Bjorn in their old 2nd edition colours, or in their more muted new schemes?

Hellebore
07-01-2011, 00:46
When they released the 3rd ed space wolf codex, they made a new metal backpack.

It was the plastic wolf head backpack from the accessory sprue cast in metal. So it's a bit different from the old space wolf character backpack (the wolf heads are horizontal whilst the old one's wolf heads are almost at 45 degrees pointing up).

Hellebore

Chem-Dog
07-01-2011, 01:19
Cheers
Matt

We talking about the little baggies you get your minis in when visiting Bugmans....I mean Warhammer world :shifty:

Matt.Wood88
07-01-2011, 09:59
Yup, those exact same I think :)
Cheers
Matt